[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we will never get a legitimately good Pokemon show/anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 12300252.png (205KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
12300252.png
205KB, 500x345px
>we will never get a legitimately good Pokemon show/anime
>even Kanto, which most consider to be its peak, was just mildly entertaining, not really good

I know the anime was always intended to be a half hour commerical, but I feel like there's potential for actually good story telling from this universe.
>>
>>27296208
I tried saying the anime always sucked and everyone said it was just because I was too used to the storytelling style of American cartoons.

No. Even from an anime perspective, Pokemon sucks.
>>
>>27296250
A mature (not to be confused with dark edgelord-tier) Pokemon show would be awesome.

Pokemon Origins was a step in the right direction in terms of adapting the games, but was so boring and everyone was so one dimensional.
>>
>>27296208
>even Kanto, which most consider to be its peak

Actually many people around here consider DP to be the best, and a sizable contingent would say XY is the best. And I think that either group would say that they're both better than the original series.
>>
>>27296342
And both still aren't really what most would consider legitimately good
>>
>>27296374

That's of course true, it's all relative.
>>
Because it's a kid show and it's efficient at that. It's not supposed to appeal to 20 years old weebs.

My 9 years old brother [I'm 15 years his senior] is now seeing the first season for the first time [it's being broadcast in our country to coincide with the Pokemon Go release] and he's thrilled as fuck about them. The humor appeals to him, the repetitiveness/predictability appeals to him, Pikachu and Ash' other cute li'l Pokemon appeal to him, etc.

I'm not saying kids couldn't enjoy a 'serious' show, but the anime is clearly going for that goofy "story of the week" formatted show and kids dig it.
>>
>>27296501
If I was gonna watch the "Goofy Story of the week" I would rather watch the Yokai Watch anime. Hell my little brother likes watching that more than pokemon.
>>
>>27296519
Shit doesn't air here, can you give me a tl;dr of why he likes it more?
>>
Story:
DP > XY > ADV > OS > Johto > BW
Animation:
XY > Power Gap > DP > ADV > BW > OS / Johto

Calling OS the peak is retarded.
>>
>Ash and Pikachu will never smooch
>>
>>27296530
I think it's cause he likes seeing all the different spirits and what they do and how they say they connect to real life. Like there's one that is the reason why people ramble, one that is the reason why you get somewhere so quick when you go to sleep on a trip, etc. Plus with the fact that there really is no villain to weigh it down more I think is why he likes it.

It doesn't air where you live? Where country are you in anon?
>>
>>27296250
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has more interesting and tense Pokemon Battles than the anime will ever have

Anybody who says the anime is good literally is a child or a man child that would be dazzled by bottom feeder shit like SAO
>>
>>27296624
>Jojo stand battles
>Ever good
Literally only some of the earliest part 3 battles were good, pretty much everything in egypt, and everything in part 4, was shit.
>>
>>27296643
That's why I called them Pokemon battles. It's obvious Hamon is still more fun despite all the possible concepts Stands have to offer. I'm pretty sure they get much better in later Parts

I'm just saying they're more interesting and tense than what Pokemon can do despite all the potential. There's really not much weight to losing in the anime, Ash just comes back, tries again and wins just so he can lose the canon championship. Even something shit like DBZ doesn't waste people's time like the Pokemon anime does
>>
>>27296643
>>27296683
They absolutely get better in later parts. Stand battles aren't just punchghosts anymore.
>>
>>27296208
Origins was great. Should be one for each game. It'd be interesting to see how they portray Cyrus and N.
>>
>OS
>Peak

Please commit suicide
>>
>complains about the anime using shit
>uses a BW screenshot

Every fucking time.
>>
>>27296208

>make team rocket competent again
>like BW competent and give it an overarching plot while following the usual "get em all get the badges"
>let ash get close to the championship again.
>get a serious rival like tripp again or paul

there, you've got your show. Ash hasn't had a good foil to his niceness and erractic battle style since gen 1. We need a douchebag again.,
>>
Unfortunately, the main anime series,TV and movies, will never be good. It's simply no longer possible.

Sure, in the beginning we had movies with heavy emotional themes (Mewtwo vs Mew and Spell of the Unown) But as time went on, TPCi began to put more and more restrictions on what the staff could and could not do. We will never have emotion or real story again. We'll never get something crazy like in the Red Chain of Events during Galactic Battles. TPCi wants to water down the anime series as much as possible so it's as accessible as possible, more child friendly and even more of a commercial for the games.

Hell, just look at the difference between the anime commercials for B2/W2 and ORAS.
>>
File: 1457651337606.jpg (52KB, 506x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457651337606.jpg
52KB, 506x720px
>you will never see a Pokemon Chronicles continuation ever again
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.