[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on baby Pokemon? I think that they're actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: magby.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
magby.png
48KB, 250x250px
Opinions on baby Pokemon?

I think that they're actually a neat concept, but they're tragically underutilized. Pokemon like Magby and Elekid should be used to offer access to more diverse Pokemon in the early game - like, it level 10 Magbys could be hanging out in some crags near the second town, or Elekids could be roaming in the grass. It's more acceptable than throwing Magmar and Electabuzz right at the player, and a better move than relegating cool Pokemon until the late game volcanos and power plants.

What do you think?

Also I just really like Magby, it sucks because Magmar and Magmortar just don't look as good. Magby a cute.
>>
>>27294570
I agree Magby being much better than Magmar or Magmortar. It looks like the Spitfire Pokemon.

What you describe with Magby and Elekid happened pretty much exactly in B2W2.
>>
>>27294590

Makes you wonder though, why not do that again? S/M was a bit better than previous generations but still felt a little underwhelming as far as Pokemon distribution.
>>
>>27294570
Looks like shit with that stupid head,
>>
>>27294907

it looks like a smoke cloud to me, and still leagues better than magmar's butthead and magmortar's wraparound lips
>>
>Belly drum/Mach Punch/19 speed

Beast !
>>
>Makes baby Pokémon
>Can only get most of them by breeding with shitty ass incenses

What's the point?
>>
>>27294570
I hate the babies, they're just an attempt to make cute Pokemon with no purpose in battle. If they're going to do that just make new Pokemon. Rhyperion, Magmortar and Electivire feel like apologies for the babies.
>>
>>27294980
Beyond that:
>Trying to breed 6IV Jigglypuff. Because I fucking want a 6IV Jigglypuff.
>Igglybuff can't breed
>Get a 3 IV, have to up its friendship
>Get a 4 IV, have to level it's friendship
>Etc.

Fucking annoying.
>>
>>27294871
X and Y's distribution was pretty good. It could be argued that it was too big though.
>>
I'd love if somehow, GameFreak made it that all Baby Pokémon gets exclusive moves that you cannot get on the evos. Like, a Level up move that Magby can learn, but not Magmar. a TM Move that Smoochum can learn, but not Jynx. a Move Tutor move that Elekid can learn, but not Electabuzz, etc.

That would give a meaning to baby Pokémon, other then ''I'm just filling a Pokédex Page!!''
>>
>>27294980

Yea, the incense shit I have never understood. Why the hell would they make baby pokemon...that aren't the usual baby form? On the plus side, those guaranteed perfect IVs are neat.

>>27295091
I always found it neat that Magby and Elekid could both learn each other's elemental punches. And then Jynx is just the odd one out.

I'm trying to think of what they could learn. It'd be a boon to Electivire if Elekid learned Bolt Strike somehow, maybe at level 45 just to make you work for it. And Magby could get Fusion Flare. The fact that the two moves are combo moves (they boost each other) would even perpetuate the duality of the two.

But to avoid encroaching on legendary signature moves, I'll bet you GF would just give them Inferno and Zap Cannon instead, like a sick joke.
>>
>>27294570
Well BW2 did that. In fact BW2 did a lot of good shit that was just ignored or crapped on by X&Y.

I liked the Gen 2 baby mon but I hate the fact that Nintendo just didn't take a retcon approach when introducing new baby mon. Incense is fucking stupid and convoluted.

Also hate that Azurill is normal and that it takes so long to evolve when Marill already evolves early
>>
Back when I was a little babby I used to think every pokemon should have more than one stage, but baby pokemon showed me the folly in such thoughts. It's hard to like them because I'm just so sick and tired of evo/breeding gimmicks and the only baby whose line doesn't have something like that anywhere in it is Smoochum.
>>
>>27294570
Magby and Elekid are pretty much the only ones that are cuter than the pokemon they evolve into, so its pretty much a failed concept.
>>
File: image.png (324KB, 1675x1852px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
324KB, 1675x1852px
Baby Pokemon are cute.
>>
>>27295197
For the Incense: Most players aren't going to mess with breeding until they've made it pretty far in the game. Having Pokemon that are breeding exclusive just adds another "unique" way to catch them all.

I agree, it's stupid and annoying, but that was probably the developer intention.
>>
>>27295197
The incense:

It's To justify why breeding them in earlier generations DIDN'T make said babies
>>
>>27295197
new move for elekid:
Recharge:
Has the effects of Charge AND 1/2 a recover
>>
>>27294570
Baby pokemon only take away from end game competitive play. Baby Pokemon should instead somehow offer more move diversity or possibly stat manipulation...like if you do something, you can make it so your Magmar/Magmortar by the end will have better speed than normal etc etc.

Otherwise they're a hindrance to an otherwise fine line.
>>
>>27296832

Baby pokemon are guaranteed two perfect IVs iirc, so that's something, maybe not much for us but a nice touch for the ten year olds
>>
>>27294570
Baby Pokemon are really pointless, and only exist to be "cute" when in reality, they are weaker than a infant.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.