[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't this continued? I get all the hype for Origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (170KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 283x400px
Why wasn't this continued?
I get all the hype for Origins but what about Chronicles?
>>
Thank you!!!

Chronicles was actually good! It was nice to see what Misty, Tracey, Brock, and even some other characters Ash has met were up to. Botch and Cassidy were actually funny.

The Raikou episodes were one of the best arcs in the entire anime, and have been a favorite of mine for years.

The closest we've come to following up on it was at the beginning of movie 9 where Attila and Hun were shown to have captured Rayquaza.

I'm still butthurt that they didn't elaborate on that.
>>
I agree, I love gen 2 but not doing anything with chronicles is criminal....
>>
Meh, never really was a huge fan of chronicles.

They should totally do an Origins 2 with Ethan though, ending with him fighting Red.
>>
Bearing in mind Chronicles was created the dubbing team, they have plenty enough material to make another season of Chronicles just from the un-dubbed Pikachu shorts and the "lost" episodes (the 3D ones and the planetarium ones). Hell, throw the Rocket/Plasma two-parter in there as a "What if?" episode and then finally, I dunno, ACTUALLY EDIT AND AIR THE TWO REMAINING SEASON ONE EPISODES WESTERNERS NEVER GOT.
>>
https://youtu.be/3bXYKtgfMkw
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 1440x1080px
>And your galoshes too

so random
>>
>>27290881
Does the "lost" episodes include the Dawn & Brock check in episodes from Unova and the Iris/Clair and Cilan/Brock episodes from the beginning of Kalos? All four of which we never got.
>>
File: 0ba.jpg (32KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
0ba.jpg
32KB, 960x960px
>>27290704
>Ash will always be the main hero
>Goku will always be the main hero

Mistakes were made
>>
>>27291050
As far as I know, they aren't considered lost, just never dubbed. Which is almost as bad if you don't have access to the right websites. There are a small handful that you can't even find online because they've never aired outside of cinemas or Japanese planetariums. It's really weird, I have no idea why they stopped the practice of including shorts on the movie DVDs but it's led to a lot never being dubbed and at least one being lost.
>>
>Agent Fedora
>>
>>27291078
Hey, at least Toriyama fucking TRIED at one point.

I honestly think it would have been nice of Gohan had been allowed to be the main character after he grew up, but I guess Goku's popularity didn't allow it.

Whereas I know few people who would object if Ash were replaced as the protagonist.
>>
>>27290704

I could have gone for Origins being a full one cour show honestly.

Or just adapt Special. There's enough material and I'm sure Pokemon could handle two anime at once.
>>
File: 400.png (175KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
400.png
175KB, 400x300px
>>27290927
I've been on the sidelines LONG ENOUGH!
>>
If you guys check out the listings on Bulbapedia, there are loads of full special episodes, Pikachu shorts and mini-episodes that have never been translated or received a wide airing (when Chronicles aired, they actually skipped one of the Winter Vacation episodes, which is incredibly rare) and a bunch of episodes that are lost to time. They have more than enough material to make a second Chronicles-esque series (they'd probably call it something different, though) and if any episode ran short, they could pad it with the Mega Evolution shorts or Hoopa shorts. Hell, throw in Mega Evolution I-IV for four episodes!

Imagine if they did this even as a straight-to-DVD thing with "NEVER BEFORE SEEN EPISODES" slapped on the box, especially if they took the guns out of the Dratini episode and flashes out of the Porygon episode. While Pokémania rides high, that'd be a great seller for those two alone, let alone parents buying it for their kids.
>>
File: 845434254.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
845434254.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
There's a fuckton of side characters since Hoenn that deserve 2 or more episodes. Now all we get is one catch up with the former travelling partner
>>
>>27290739
*Chuck
>>
>>27290927

I thought he was funny. I feel like he said something else about popping a zit. And the whole caterpie thing, "caterpie are very sweet creatures" or something. I could watch a lot of Attila and Hun, I wish they would bring them back.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.