[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a tier list for the different anime seasons? A consensus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Ash_and_his_Pikachu.png (399KB, 854x448px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_and_his_Pikachu.png
399KB, 854x448px
Is there a tier list for the different anime seasons? A consensus which ones are liked? For what reasons?

I remember finding Kanto and Orange Islands fun, Johto boring, I didn't watch Hoenn, Sinnoh was good (watched only some episodes), watched only the beginning of BW and I liked it, and I watched a couple episodes of XY.

It seems the very early episodes of the anime had a certain lightness to them which doesn't exist anymore and the anime has become more "child friendly".
>>
Kalos>>>>Sinnoh>Kanto>Hoenn>>>Johto>>>>>>>>Unova
>>
>>27286431
Why is Unova hated?
>>
Consensus, no. DP and XY are generally considered the best, though which one someone prefers is a matter of opinion. BW and Johto seem to be the picks for worst, but again, it's a matter of opinion.
>>
>>27286399
The tone of the anime compared to the early days is definitely way different, but that's to be expected from such a long running series.

>Top Tier
DP, XY

>High Tier
Battle Frontier, OS

>Good Tier
AG

>Comfy Tier
Orange Islands

>Bad Tier
Johto

>Trash Tier
BW
>>
DonĀ“t waste your time on BW.
>>
>>27286449

It really dropped the ball on a lot of its plotlines. It actually had some really clever, creative ideas, but it just did a really shitty job actually executing them.

I don't think it was entirely the writers' fault. First the 2011 earthquake fucked with their Team Plasma plans, then it seemed like they were getting jerked around by the developers on timing (they rushed through the badges, then had to stall through multiple filler arcs before XY).

But whatever the reason, BW was a series that had probably more potential than any season in the series based on some of its early ideas, but basically squandered most of it as it went on. That being said, I still like it better than Johto, because at least it tried some new things, rather than had three years worth of filler episodes and retreads.
>>
>>27286449
Someone post the Elesa gym picture, I lost it.
>>
The general opinion is
XY=DP>AG>OS>BW

Most of the love for OS really just comes from people that have literally watched nothing else.
>>
>>27286585

I think you've got to split up OS into Kanto and Johto (and maybe even Orange) to get the full picture. They were pretty different in terms of quality.
>>
I liked Black and White plenty, Dent/Cilan is a comfy as fuck character.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.