[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So will Megas be in 7th gen or no? What do you guys think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: stones.jpg (98KB, 570x490px) Image search: [Google]
stones.jpg
98KB, 570x490px
So will Megas be in 7th gen or no? What do you guys think and why or why not?
>>
Yes.
Because.
>>
>>27283267
Yes because why wouldn't they be?
>>
There was a town in x and y that had a giant mega stone and that was their reason for having mega evolution. Maybe without that stone they wont be able to mega evolve in the new region?
>>
>>27283299
maybe for once in this company's life they'll think about the meta game and competitive scene and realize how fucking broken megas are. They ruined the meta game FOR ME. Not trying to say it as a fact and i'm right everyone else is wrong. For me I feel like megas were a mistake and really fucked up the competitive scene.
>>
Yes, because autists like the designs and Nintendo won't roll back a change like that.

I wish they weren't, myself.
>>
>>27283329
no no. You're right. Megas fucked the meta.
>>
Eviolite was a great thing to bring back unused pokemon, megas are terrible and should be discontinued.
>>
>>27283302
Hasn't stopped them from putting in places to get Magnezones and what have you.

>>27283329
Not a comp or Smogon fag, but I can see them adding a rock-paper-scissors element to the game and making battles about guessing who has the mega stone and how they'll use it.
>>
>>27283302
Was there one in ORAS?
The trainer's bracelet had a slot for one in a trailer, so I think they'll be back.
>>
Of course, they're canon. They don't ever uncanon things as major as megas
>>
Fuck Megas.

More IV Gen-like evolutions.

Who would not prefer Sableye getting an actual evolved form over a Mega?
>>
>>27283302
Yeah, just like how Zygarde was only mentioned as the protector of Kalos and how Dark, Steel, and Fairy were all "recently discovered" in the respective debuts and how there were only a handful of keystones for Mega Evolution in existence...
>>
>>27283668
i'd prefer normal evolutions for single stage or 2nd stage pokemon too. Some of them.
>>
>>27283267
>have to branch up another timeline where fairies existed but not megastones

Simply, ebin.
>>
>>27283776
it's not another timeline. Just for whatever storydriven reason megas don't work there.
>>
They probably wont all together get rid of megas. Hopefully they'll ban them from their official competitions and tournaments though.
>>
They'll probably be exclusively postgame so you don't shitstomp the in game NPCs so quickly.

Id rather they don't reveal any new ones until at least October
>>
>>27283267
No, because they are so shit.
Just a way for the artists to express themselves a little bit and get it out of their system.
>>
>>27283267
My hopes are that mega stones get replaced by the new special move system, with the new bracelets and the Jojo poses.

My expectations are that a handful of new mega evolutions will make it into the game, mostly for starters, the last pseudo-legendary to need one, and every new legendary gets a new form.

Overall mega evolution was a mistake. As a concept it was a good idea. But rather than using it to boost Pokemon designed to fall off late into the story (like bugs and most Gen II Pokemon) GF gave them to a ton of starters and pseudo-legendaries and pushed Pokemon back into competitive status or outright broke them.
>>
>>27283335
>Yes, because autists like the designs
I mean, it's also mostly autists who don't. This is the Pokémon fanbase you're talking about. It's universal.
>>
Mega Porygon when?
>>
>>27284713
megas ruined competitive, not pushed pokemon into it.
>>
File: shrug.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>27283267
Probably present, but moved to postgame to allow the Gen's new mechanic to take center stage.
>>
File: IMG_20160217_214446.jpg (109KB, 556x1046px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160217_214446.jpg
109KB, 556x1046px
>>27288939
I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>27283329
megas were the chance to give 3rd evolution shit-teir mons a bit of power

but nah man we will give it to the ones that are already stronk
>>
Mega salemence toothpaste confirmed
>>
>>27291085
Yeah but it just doesn't feel right if mega evolution was a thing and the only Pokemon that could mega evolve are weak Pokemon. Kinda feels to me that would be like if in dbz, hypothetically, only weak sayains could go super. Plus they have an anime to make as well, and people wanna see the badass ones mega evolve.
>>
>>27283267
I hope it's just them not revealing so at least they'll be a surprise, it'll be good going "OH SHIT HE HAS A MEGA" for once
>>
>>27283267
They will be, but i just dont like that your forced to have a mega, lest you be at a disadvantage, it restricts diversity a bit, because why put one mon in that party slot when the other mon has a mega form that's leaps and bounds better, and only so many of them have megas, so you see repeats of the same pokemon in people's parties

it was a cool idea but in hindsight it was just such a big mistake
>>
>>27283329
Competitive doesnt sell anon, it's the sorry truth.
>>
>>27283267
Megas are old and busterd
Syncro is the new hotness fampai
>>
>>27292438
Yeah, the only way to fix it tnow would be to double down and give a ton more pokemon mega evolutions.

The only issue is gamefreak already fucked it up by giving megas to multiple psuedo legendaries and pushing multiple pokemon's BST past 600.
>>
>>27283329
megas should have been only for legendary and weak pokemon and maybe starters.
mega manectric good, mega kangashkan bad
mega camerupt good, mega salamence bad
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.