[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else enjoying GO because it's a different take on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 5-10-pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg (97KB, 538x327px) Image search: [Google]
5-10-pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg
97KB, 538x327px
Anyone else enjoying GO because it's a different take on pokemon while still keeping the core elements in tact? Those core elements being catching, battling, and socializing.

I fear Sun/Moon is going to end up feeling stale because it's not trying to do anything new out of it's comfort zone. The way they're maintaining hype by only revealing new pokemon and giving us glimpses of gimmicky features like QR codes and things that clearly aren't very thought out like Hyper Training and Battle Royal.

The only thing that points to them trying to improve the series in this sea of red flags is by adding an overworld map (which could be good or bad depending on how they use it) and readding EXP scaling.

So far, Sun/Moon is looking like "just another pokemon game". Like they aren't trying to make the best game they can and instead just trying to pump out another game.
>>
>>27282044
I can kinda understand with how Gen 6 turned out. Can only hope Gen 7 can surprise us.
>>
>>27282044
yeah, imagine if it came out 20 years ago.
boom!
>>
is there strategy in pokemon go or does it just reward you based on how much time you sink into it?

i was under the impression that it is just a time sink.
>>
>>27282044
>catching
Randomized.
>battling
Extremely watered down and only for gyms.
>socializing
Doesn't even have a friends list.
Fuck off, OP.
GO is terrible.
>>
>>27282044
Go is cool for a quickie when you're bored driving or at work, but the core games are always going to be the better choice. What we actually need is new features, a longer post-game and a difficulty level. That's it.
>>
>>27282044
Nah. GO feels too watered-down. I'll play it whenever I'm in the city, but it's more of a normie thing and I'll leave it to them while I find new bros in S/M.
>>
>>27282044
>core elements
are we playing the same game?
>>
File: ProbopassJew.png (136KB, 611x600px) Image search: [Google]
ProbopassJew.png
136KB, 611x600px
>>27283135
Time and money sink
>>
>>27283181
There are many aspects of it that could be better. But the main appeal to me is that it's a new take on the series.

>>27283222
>new features
It really depends on how they can handle this. We could either get shitty gimmicks like Sky battles or something actually useful like the habitat list in BW2.

>a longer post-game
Again, depends on how they handle this. They could make something time consuming but tedious and not very fun.

>difficulty level
This is one of the biggest things I want.

Overall, I just want more change. Mix up the formula, surprise us, etc.
>>
>>27283409
So you want change for the sake of change? Maybe this isn't the series for you.
>>
Don't exaggerate Go's "strengths" because they really aren't that great.

Battles are button mashing messes limited to an incredibly flawed gym system. The incentive to hold a gym is virtually nonexistent in heavily populated areas since challengers are at distinct advantages to Gym Leaders. Which is bullshit.

The mets game is more centralized than OU currently is. Snorlax, Vaporeon, Dragonite, and if you have the Magikarp, Gyarados are all someone needs to win and hold a gym until a group of friends chip away at a Leader's Pokemon with similar Pokemon.

Catching is completely random and reliant on items where, if you're not in a populated are, might force you to spend actual money to restock.

10k and 5k eggs can hatch Pokemon from lower tiers which is garbage. That's some Destiny level bullshit that Bungie was smart enough to patch out eventually. 2k eggs should have a small chance at hatching a 5k tier mon and a minuscule chance of 10k tier ones. Lower tier mon should be removed from the "loot pools" of higher tier eggs.

Socialization is completely optional. I've seen carfulls of people pull up somewhere, take a gym, drive off. Some areas like parks are ok if folks utilizes lures but most of the time they're glued to their phone and only shout to the collected mass if a rare spawn shows up. There is no friend or ally list. Teams are essentially useless. There is no dueling or trading. How is that social?

The one thing it's doing is making people move. I was fit before but this game incentivized my daily jog/bike ride. However, I have to travel pretty far outside my neighborhood to get any decent Pokemon. What's common for me might have never spawned for a friend 20 minutes away.

Go is nostalgia bait and a cash grab. Had this game debuted with all 700+ people it would have flopped. This game, were it anything other than the original Pokemon, or any other franchise, would have been dead on the water before it launched.
>>
>>27283439
I want change so that the series doesn't become stale.
>>
>>27283409
>BW2 habitat list
>useful
People actually used that?
>>
>>27283588
As someone who enjoys catching every pokemon I don't have, yeah it was useful as fuck.
>>
>>27283588
Yes. A lot.
>>
>>27283444
I play GO and I still think this anon is right.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.