[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so we can assume that Generation 1 was in Japan? right? that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

so we can assume that Generation 1 was in Japan? right? that explains the influx of new pokemon in their universe because each generation takes place in other areas of the world? assuming they are on Earth?
>>
>>27280391
Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh = Japan
Unova, Alola = USA (Lt. Surge is literally called "the lightning american")
Kalos = France
>>
File: 1463460471902.png (160KB, 1236x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1463460471902.png
160KB, 1236x1168px
>>27280434
This.
>>
Kanto = Kanto region (Japan)
Johto = Chubu region (Japan)
Hoenn = Kyushu (Japan)
Sinnoh = Hokkaido (Japan)
Unova = New York (USA)
Kalos = France (France)
Alola = Hawaii (USA)

I think the Rangers games are also set in zoomed-in parts of Japan, and Orre is veeery loosely based on Arizona.
>>
You are now aware that Slateport is Nagasaki.
>>
>>27280471
I think somebody posted a picture showing that the Ranger region resembles the tail end of Hokkaido, meaning they take place near Sinnoh.
>>
>>27280494
*posted a picture once, never saved it
>>
>>27280471
>>27280434
Inderdasting

i wonder why all the pokemon outside of japan are shit
>>
>>27280557
nice bait
>>
>>27280469
I wonder, what happened to maptist? He'd have been all over your ass for posting that pic a few months ago
>>
Orre is Arizona too if you wanna do spin offs.
>>
>>27280391
Considering that Japan has absolutely no unique wildlife, it would stand to reason that either its pokemon are very successful at invading and colonizing other lands. On the other hand, it could also mean that all of the indigenous Japanese pokemon are extinct. This begs the question, what did Japan DO?
>>
>>27280469
I'd love to see all the spin-off regions incorporated into this to, to get a more complete idea of how much Japan has been used up (as in is there any other unused regions big enough for another in-game region) also a map matching Arizona to Orre
>>
>>27281018
>This begs the question, what did Japan DO?
Sudoku
>>
>>27280471
Part of Sinnoh (the Battle Zone) is Sakhalin, Russia.

And Kalos also seems to include Wallonia, but excludes Southern France
>>
>>27281258
It matches up pretty poorly; the addition of a port town in XD doesn't help.
>>
>>27280471
Johto is Kansai. Both Kanto and Johto contain parts of Chubu. Johto also has part of Shikoku (Cianwood).
>>
>>27281018
it's an island bruh
>>
>>27280471
>Chubu
No, johto is Kansai
>>
>>27280469
>tfw northern Honshu cucked forever
>>
>>27282813
It's both, Chubu is the eastern part of Johto while Kansai includes Goldenrod and everything west of there up to Cianwood. I think Kyoto is either on the border between the two regions or on the eastern edge of Kansai, not quite sure where the boundary is there.
>>
>>27282876
Kyoto is Ecruteak city
Osaka is Goldenrod city
Wakayama is Azalea town
Nara is Violet city
And Kyoto has ho-oh themed temple(real ho-oh not pokemon one)
Whitney speaks Osaka dialect
>>
>>27280557
It's your opinion, figure it out yourself.
>>
>>27283047
>realizes the OP has a map of the regions
That's what I get for posting after a double shift.

So Chubu is Cherrygrove (Nagoya), Blackthorn, Mt. Silver, Pallet, Viridian, and Pewter, with the rest of Johto (Barring Cianwood) as Kansai and the rest of Kanto is Kanto.
>>
>>27283219
I wonder why Chubu couldn't have its own region
Well, it's boring region compared to Kanto and Kansai I guess
And it's funny that Kanto region is Kanto region in real life but Johto is not
>>
>>27281018
Nothing. They don't have any unique wildlife. Everything thy have is shared with Kalos and Alola.
>>
>>27283317
Probably because they were set on making a Kansai region, and once they figured they wanted to link back to Kanto completely (and include Mt. Fuji as endgame), Chubu just got fully absorbed into the KanJoh area.

What's really weird is how small and non-descript Cherrygrove is for being based on fucking Nagoya. Having visited Nagoya it would have made a fantastic place to visit in the Pokemon games, but I guess it'd be too similar to Goldenrod and not as culturally significant as Violet and Ecruteak, plus early game filler town.

Would have been great to see a shrine or a castle though.
>>
File: wise.png (111KB, 1666x1924px) Image search: [Google]
wise.png
111KB, 1666x1924px
>>27280469
In a perfect world, pic related would be the next region.
That would put this whole sequence of 4 games in the western world
and the first four all in Japan.
And if they continue producing similar games after SM,
which they probably will,
I hope they move to the southern hemisphere.
That would let them go to South America finally,
and Australia
and two others.
Maybe Singapore and New Zealand.
>>
>>27283606
In that region, people hate Kalos region?
>>
>>27285472
pretty much
>>
>>27285535
That's interesting
I want poke-UK so bad
>>
>>27280471
>>27280494
Fiore (Ranger 1) is sorta generic and doesn't really seem to be based on anywhere in particular. Could be located on the south end of central Sinnoh, northeast of Almia, but that would mean it's pretty small of an area.
Almia (Ranger 2) is the south/southwest tip of Hokkaido (Sinnoh) and the far northern tip of Honshu.
Oblivia (Ranger 3) is just a few generic tropical-ish islands.
>>
>>27285472
They're still mad because of august's 31 ?
>>
>>27286596
Don't know but it's awesome if we will get UK based region
>>
File: p06_01[1].jpg (104KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
p06_01[1].jpg
104KB, 629x354px
>>27280471
nice, now explain Ferrum.
>>
>>27289309
Wasn't it southern Spain? Like, the tip? Close to Gibraltar or something.
>>
>>27289371
not bad
>>
File: vancouver.png (1MB, 1549x794px) Image search: [Google]
vancouver.png
1MB, 1549x794px
Somewhere in the pacific northwest should be next
>>
>>27289509
I would love a Washington/Oregon/Vancouver/Alaska fusion region.
>>
>>27289693
That region actually has a name in real life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_(bioregion)
>>
>>27292139
>being a cascadiafag
>>
So we have poke-Japan, poke-USA and poke-France now
What's next?
Poke-Finland when?
>>
>>27292449
Poke-Portugal its islands please.
>>
>>27280391
How about a Luxembourg region?
>>
>>27292139
I grew up in Seattle and did not know that, thank you anon, learn something new everyday!
>>
>>27292449
Would be nice. I personally am hoping for an Ice/Fire polar fox pokémon.
>>
>>27292449
t. spurdo spadre
>>
>>27280469
What's the blue square in the middle of Kanto?
>>
>>27296379
probably either the Pokemon center right outside Mt. Moon or the Mt. Moon Summit area from Gen 2. It's weird because it's a "town" and Diglett's cave is already on the map.
>>
>>27296525
That doesn't make much sense. The pokèmon center is next to the entrance, and the summit isn't in that direction.
Maybe it's that C area in the early kanto concept art?
>>
>>27289509
>not wanting superior deep southern region
It's a pretty diverse place. It's got plains, mountains, swamps, forests, a.s.f. It's perfect for a pokeregion. I think a great post-game would be unlocking a train to a small chunk of the next gen's region, which would be cascadia.
>>
>>27296589
Dunno, it had to be added by whoever made the map so they could have put it there for any number of reasons, even by accident.

Or because of that dumb "Shaymin's rock in Kanto has to be near Mt. Moon" theory that was everywhere until HG/SS squashed it.
>>
>>27289509

>Gamefreak, a Japanese company, basing a region on part of China
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.