[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you all feel about split evolutions? Should it be something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Evoluzione_Slowpoke.png (902KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Evoluzione_Slowpoke.png
902KB, 640x480px
How do you all feel about split evolutions? Should it be something introduced more often to give a pokemon more options or should it be toned down for newer, fresher pokemon?
>>
>>27280216
I like them a lot. More options, the better.
>>
Split evolutions are great. Imagine your favourite getting TWO good evolutions.
>>
>>27280216
How is it an alternative if one evolution is strictly better?
>>
>>27280216
I wish there were more split evos
>>
>>27280216
On a purely theoretical level, I really like them. The problem is that with 90% of split evos (and there aren't exactly many as it is), one evolution path is clearly better than the other. To me, that kind of defeats the purpose. Why give us the choice if there's a blatantly right choice to make?
>>
>>27280348
Better how?
>>
>>27280216
YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO QUESTION ANYTHING! YOU'RE ONLY SUPPOSED TO TAKE EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS IT IS. IF YOU DON'T, YOU'RE NOT A FAN! GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME, YOU FILTHY CASUAL!
>>
File: 123_700.jpg (165KB, 700x644px) Image search: [Google]
123_700.jpg
165KB, 700x644px
>>27280216

I would love for there to be an entire generation that was like Gen IV, but for giving old 'mons split evolutions.
>>
>>27280445
To use Slowpoke as an example - Slowbro is just generally better to have in a team thanks to it's physical defense. It even has a mega now (though I've not used it enough to judge), and doesn't need to be traded to be evolved. Aside from Pokedex completion, Slowbro seems like the all-round better choice than Slowking. Same goes with the Oddish line, the Poliwhirl line, and so on. There is more often than not a clearly 'better' choice gameplay wise.
>>
>>27280216
I like the idea, and I hope we get some more. specifically, if anyone remembers Helioptile and Litleo during xy hype, we could get a new evolutionary stone that makes them a Electric/Poison dilophosaurus and a Fire/Poison Manticore, respectively, just like everyone was speculating. I would love it, but it won't happen.
>>
>>27280216
I love them every generation should have a few. Darumaka should evolve into an Fire/Ice Yukidaruma at least
>>
>>27280216
I really like it, wish there was more
>>
>>27280445
There's a bug where Slowbro can receive the benefits of Eviolite.
>>
>>27280488
A few leaks around here say that something like that-- sort of like the TCG's delta species-- is coming in Gen 7, but whatever.
>>
>>27280302
slowking is great though
bellossom could've been great had they added a secondary fairy type
>>
File: 1435841071231.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1435841071231.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>27283120
>leaks
>here
>believing them
>>
>>27280216
I think they should innovate with different types of evolution, like having two or three completely different pokemon evolve into the same pokemon.

For example, water, fire and electric evolving into steel or something like that.
>>
>>27283120

Unlikely. There's nothing to suggest anything of the sort thus far, and I'm sure they would have advertised something to that effect by now.
>>
What I want to see is two levels of split evolutions. The only one that splits from 1st to 2nd stage that then evolves again is wurmple. It'd be cool if there was something that split twice, so that it had three or four final forms.
>>
>>27283964
I would like 3 or 4 cross generational split evolutions each generation if possible.
>>
>>27283120
>Delta species
Link to the link?
>>
*leak
>>
>>27280488
Fuck, this right here. I loved that from gen IV, even if the dex felt slightly incomplete, being able to have my bros become so good felt excellent, and a new gen of just that would bring that feel to so many others with shitty bros.

Alternatively we could just sit back and watch the shitstorm that would be /vp/
>>
I've always loves them, they bring so much to the table, lore-wise and competitive-wise, plus its a much better way to make old pokemon viable or popular than mega evos imo. I'd welcome both split evos and new evos of two staged pokemon (a-la togetic>Togekiss)
>>
I love split evolutions and I love cross generation evolutions, but I want a reset or retcon to get as many Pokemon as possible getting a split evo or using the items we already use for cross gen evos. I mean there are only two Pokemon that use kings rock and two Pokemon that use metal coat. Add to that the fact that they're are too many stones, not enough Pokémon using them, and a lot of stones are essentially repeats(sun/dawn, moon/dusk) and you could really rework the whole games while adding a ton of new options for the game
>>
>>27280488
Fuck no, Cross-gen evos are never god. Their designs are never on par with their prevos because of the switches in artists, and they end up doing shitty appealing tactics as to not seem bad, like just making it edgy as yanmega and magmortar showed, just making it bigger like rhyperior and Electrivire, or even falling into the lowest of the low and making waifu and furbait, like frosslass, weavile, gallade and gliscor. Its always awful
>>
I hope we get more unique e platoon methods like Ninjask/Shedinja line
>>
>>27280216
Would be a way to blend the familiar with the new.
If GF is worried about the number of pokemon introduced as we make our way up to 1000 it would be nice to see more of these.

I think there is some potential. It can breathe some life into lesser used pokemon and redeem a few cross gen evos or regular evolutions some might find disappointing.
>>
>>27285669
>Unique e platoon
Did you have a stroke in the middle of typing the post?
>>
File: image.png (47KB, 232x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47KB, 232x297px
Love that shit. The potential lore behind that shit I think is what makes it so great. Any evolution that requires something extra aside from leveling up I think is just absolutely grand. It makes the evo more special since you had to do something special to get it.
>>
>>27283120
I'mma need the source on that
>>
File: eli.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eli.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>27286328
This guy knows, one thing I actually really like and find underrated is Tyrogue and how its stats determine its evolution.
Theres just something about it having that potential to go at least 2 different paths (in tyrogues case, 3) which is great. If you want that hitmontop you work for it, but get that satisfaction when you do get its stats just right.
>>
>>27280302

Slowking gets dragon tail and Nasty Plot

Also skill swap
>>
>>27285669

>unique

>Level 30 with a dark type in your party

>Hold your 3DS upside down
>>
I think they are good.

I would rather them use the items they already have available to create more evolutions rather than create new stones and trade items.

Did we really need a Dawn stone when we already had the Sun stone?
>>
>>27280216
I really liked how 2nd and 4th gen gave a split evolution for pokemon from a previous gen, you don't see that anywhere else in the series. I wish they did more of that.

I'd like to see a gimmick mon that has an intentionally large evolution like where it two split evos and those two evos both have split evos.
>>
considering we've already got 22 new families of pokemon I'd love them to pad the roster with new evos after we hit about 35-40
>>
>>27286328

I wish there was more of a distinction between level-up evos and item evos. Level-up evos, to me, feel like they should be examples of "they just get bigger" evolutions, they look like the Pokemon is simply growing. Item evos should result in drastically different designs, to showcase that this is a transformation, rather than a development.

For example, I like that Raichu has a different color scheme from its previous forms, while Pichu looks like a smaller, simpler Pikachu. Pichu will naturally become a Pikachu, but Pikachu has to be exposed a magical rock to turn into a fat, orange Australian mouse thing.
>>
>>27287956

I like how Rhyperior is essentially Rhydon covered in armor
>>
A lot of things that got megas really should have got evos.
Pinsir and Heracross should have got the scizor/scyther treatment.
>>
I like the idea of cross-gen evos, but for me, you need to set up properly for it beforehand, like how Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness supplied a shitload of pokemon that got Gen 4 evos.

I can't remember exactly how many, but shitloads of the Shadow Pokemon got them. I know Magneton and Nosepass got the treatment, plus the game teased both Munchlax and Bonsly, the latter of which you could actually use in Battle Bingo.
>>
File: qVOIuaA.gif (1MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
qVOIuaA.gif
1MB, 286x400px
How about convergent evolution?
>>
how would /vp/ feel if
Shellder got a secondary evo into the thing on slowbros tail

Tyrogue got new evolutions for different martial arts

Feebas gets new evos for the other contest stats

karrablast and shelmet got alternate evos that don't involve each other

Pawniard received a knight, rook, and king/queen evos, the last having gender based forms
>>
>>27288834
Would feel pretty cool.
>>
>>27285572
>Cross-gen evos are never god
>Weavile
>All pre-evos from Gen II
>Magmortar
>Slowking
>Kingdra
>Crobat
>Politoed (where they fixed the Poliwrath mess)
>Slowking
>Magnezone
>Steelix
>Blissey
>Scizor
>Porygon line
>Mamoswine
>Gallade
>Probopass
>Roserade
>Frosslass

Actually, I'll give you Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Electvire, Togekiss, Ambipom, Mismagius and Dusknoir.

The rest are okay.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.