[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this good? i played the one that came before it in 2012 (Gates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

is this good?

i played the one that came before it in 2012 (Gates to Infinity) and didnt enjoy it half as much as i enjoyed explorers of time (fucking amazing game holy shit)

how does it hold up compared to the older pre 3ds games? is it watered down like most of nintendos shit these days? i really want to give it a go, also, should i buy a new 3ds or wait untill they possibly release a sun,moon version.
>>
>>27277684

blease resbond
>>
>>27277684
Considerably better gameplay than the DS games, though unlike most people, I never considered Explorers to be the second coming of Christ. Story is weaker than Explorers and especially Gates.

TLDR, great gameplay, bleh story.
>>
>>27277684
Just play Explorers of Sky.
>>
>>27277684
Get it, anon.

There are some little problems like the break system and mission difficulty rankings being useless, but the gameplay was really improved. Dungeons feel more threatening and AI is better for both your teammates and enemies. Expect to use your items.

The story has some pacing issues as most of it happens in the later half of the game, but I liked it overall.

Has the best music of the series, I think. They did a fantastic job with its OST.
>>
>>27277684
It is closer to a true roguelike, meaning the game will kick your ass until you learn how to effectivly use items.

Otherwise ,it is much more engaging than the past games in terms of gameplay. The story is paced awkwardly, and is a little meh, and the post game is just kind of there, but the gameplay is solid enough to hold up.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.