[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm thinking about getting back into Pokemon after not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468997673285.jpg (85KB, 720x859px) Image search: [Google]
1468997673285.jpg
85KB, 720x859px
So I'm thinking about getting back into Pokemon after not playing since gen 3. Which games does /vp/ suggest? The new gen looks interesting. What are the best ones after 3?
>>
Pic being the only pokemon related image I have.
>>
>>27273817
Heartgold/Soulsilver is probably the best to start since its a reintroduction to johto with new features
Black 2/White 2 and Platinum are also good
>>
>>27273817
If you want to play Sinnoh, which is a good region, buy Platinum as it is miles better than diamond or pearl.
>>
>>27273869
>>27273901
Thanks mates. Will give them a look.
>>
>>27273817
New gen is unfortunately not so great. It's the first gen to transition to 3D and as a result is missing a lot of things - ORAS are considered pretty poor remakes and not great games in general.

B2W2 on the other hand was the last sprite generation and it was great, probably my favorite. Others will also recommend HGSS and Platinum which are both close second for me.
>>
>>27273817
Eg is cute.
>>
>>27273978
How necessary is it to play Black or White before the sequels?
>>
>>27274091
Not at all, but having played BW before taking on BW2 will probably make you appreciate the latter much more because of how much they mix things up.
>>
>>27274091
It's really up to you if you want to play BW before getting into B2W2. If you care about story, it would be best to play BW before getting into B2W2. imo I liked the Story in the Two games.
>>
>>27274091
Personally, I liked BW more than BW2 because they forced you to only use new pokemon. For someone who's been out of the game, it might be better to have a fresh start than to go with old standbys. Might help recapture that feeling of playing for the first time, again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.