[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Lt. Surge fight the Iraqis in Kuwait or was it a canon war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (925KB, 2408x1347px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
925KB, 2408x1347px
Did Lt. Surge fight the Iraqis in Kuwait or was it a canon war in the Pokemon Universe? What is fighting a modern war like with pokemon. Which regions would have gone to war?

Discuss.
>>
>>27271016

Lt. Surge originally was an flying pilot back in the US.
>>
It's impossible to accurately speculate anything about this war, because the Pokemon world as a whole as it has been presented (other than the evil teams) is considerably more peaceful and its people absurdly more cooperative than our own. It's a world where ten year olds are encouraged and expected to travel the world and participating in monster fights. I'm pretty sure the devs have actually commented on this difference in the past.
>>
File: Earth-1-1.jpg (44KB, 559x437px) Image search: [Google]
Earth-1-1.jpg
44KB, 559x437px
>>27271054

Fun fact: Pokémon World is Earth.
>>
>>27271016
I assumed it was WWII.

Given the age of Tajiri and Sugimori, I thought Kanto was meant to reflect a post-war Tokyo, as more and more fields and woodland are overtaken by civilization.
>>
>>27271054
The games have been getting a lot more darker though. First gen Team Rocket was just a racketeering world domination gig.

BW2 Ghetsis nearly kills you by impaling you. XY Lysandre either wanted to outright destroy you or eternally damn you to immortality while buried under tons of earth.
>>
>>27271016
It was the war 3000 years ago. Lt. Surge is a genetically engineered super-soldier, dubbed Project: American. Lt. Surge was one of the most decorated combatants in that war. It's said that he and his pokemon went toe-to-toe with legendaries. However, in the aftermath of the war, when Lt. Surge realized the destruction he was responsible for, and the destruction even required for his birth, he gave it all up. He defected, and in an astounding act of heroism, single handedly tanked the worst of the terrible weapon. His only surviving partner, a Pichu not fit for combat, managed to resuscitate the incapacitated Lieutenant. Surge then dedicated the rest of his life, a life with an unknown limit, to furthering the bond between trainer and pokemon all over the world, thus he became a Gym Leader. Surge developed a style based around bullying new trainers to force them and their pokemon to bond to overcome him.
Surge is easily strong enough to be a member of the Elite 4, possibly even a champion. When Agatha passed away, Koga only got the job after Surge declined it. Every time he is offered such a position, the response from the lieutenant is the same. "Someone like me isn't cut out for that line of work. My place is here, on the field, to teach these kids what I wish I knew, before it's too late for them, too".
>>
>>27271211

That's a whole load of Trubbish.

But I can believe it.
>>
>>27271211

No.
>>
>>27271131

It likely was WWII.
>>
>>27271016
Well America is canon in the pokeverse, so I assume it's an equivalent of WW2 since Surge didn't just say "a war" he said "the war"
>>
>>27271354
And what evidence do you have that this is not the case?

It is just as valid, if not moreso than any WWll theory. We know for a fact that a war happened 3000 years ago, we know for a fact that the pokemon universe was into some weird magitechnology at the time, and we know for a fact immortal (or at least extremely long lived) humans exist. We only have to speculate one man's presence.
We have to speculate an entire war to get at the WWll explanation. An entire speculative war that nobody ever talks about, that left no visible damage, that only Lt. Surge and his minions seem to know about.

Which is the easier explanation? Another man was changed by the events of 3000 years ago, or a war happened that left no evidence aside from like, 5 guys in a building in Vermillion city?

It was obviously a post made for fun, but there's enough sense in it to make it a totally valid answer, given the information we have to work with.

Also, No Fun.
>>
>>27271016
Hey there, /k/

Considering Surge isn't a 90 year old WW2 vet, or 70ish even in first gen, that still leaves a few wars open. It also shows that their timeline is vastly different from ours.

Assuming he is from the gulf war, we can also assume he is in his 40s or 50s in the first gen. This was one of the first major wars (to my knowledge) that heavily relied upon stupidly sensitive electronics and long range guided missiles. Assuming his Pokemon also helped hide him and others, or clear traps, or all manner of other things, it would be no secret that his Pokemon saved his life in the war. Bear also in mind that the gulf war was commonly known as the 100 hour war.

Or, you know, maybe I didn't write his goddamn backstory. Go ask that guy. Or his writing team.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.