[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an old man and when I stopped caring about Pokemons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1341841481573.gif (1MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1341841481573.gif
1MB, 267x199px
I'm an old man and when I stopped caring about Pokemons there were only the original 150.

Now I wanna play a pokemon game again, but I don't care about any of the newer pokemons. Do I go play Red / Blue again, or is there a newer version available that lets me play with the originals instead of all the dumb new ones?
>>
Just play X & Y. Don't be the bitter old

>But I don't like any new ones ew nostalgia glasses etc

Seriously. Try out the new games, the new mechanics. The stories are better, the art is better, and overall it's a more fun experience. If cost is a problem there's plenty of emulators.

Good luck.
>>
>>27263226
Faggot detected
>dumb new ones
>what is muk
>what is every pokemon ever made

Its not anyones fault your simple mind can't comprehend that theres just as much if not more creativity in newer mons as there was in the original 150
>>
>>27263226
Fire red and leaf green are a remake of RBY in GBA graphics, and rby were released in the virtual console for 3ds.
>>
>>27263226
red and blue are very poor games by today's standards. if you really don't want any new experiences you should play fire red or leaf green. they are remakes of the originals.

otherwise i recommend you just play one of the newer generations. black and white are really great but they have 0 old pokemon. (that was their gimmick)
>>
>>27263349
are there any dece 3DS emus? I'll give X&Y a try if there are.
>>
>>27263226
If you can't accept the good new ones then fuck off senile faggot.
>>
>>27263433
citra-emu.org/page/download

Have fun!
>>
>>27263467
Thanks. I hope I can still catch a psyduck though. Psyduck's rad af
>>
>>27263433
Or you could just play HGSS. For some reason Johto's is incredibly embarrassed of the 100 or so Pokemon it added and it tries to do anything to cover them up with Kanto Pokemon so you don't have to see them. It's annoying as hell to me but it might be great for you.
>>
>>27263226
this is the real cringe
>>
>>27263494
You can catch Psyduck very early on; after the first gym, and to the left of Lumiose City (you'll know it), and there's areas all around where you can catch psyduck.
>>
>>27263226
There's Fire Red/Leaf Green. Remakes of the originals.

There's also Heart Hold/Soul Silver. Remakes of the second games. Loads of Kanto mons, the odd Wooper or Sunflora isn't gonna spoil your experience.

desu I think the original RBY is what you should play
>>
>>27263530
Oh dang really? That's great. Psyduck was my fav back in the old days.
>>
>>27263530
>>27263549
You can catch Psyduck before the first gym, to the right of Santalune
>>
>>27263501
>>27263548
HGSS sounds good too, I'll download that as well. Thanks guys.
>>
>>27263467
Need help opening this after download for a Mac. Not sure what I need to run it
>>
>>27265080
Basically, once you download it you can download the rom of the game (Just search pokemon X Rom or something)

Once it's downloaded just do a right click on the game, then "Open with" and the emulator.
>>
I don't blame you. After Gen 2 it got a bit wonky.
>>
>>27263226
Guaranteed repli...

>Now I wanna play a pokemon game again
X/Y was specifically made for people like you. Give it a try.
>>
>>27263226
The new ones aren't dumb.

Look at it this way:

What you loved about Pokemon when it first came out was the variety. 150 mons was a HUGE number, and they were all different and unique and had their own special properties and skills and types, and like 90% of the fun was
>seeing a monster you'd never seen before
>capturing it
>learning how it works in battle
>learning how it evolves, what it can learn, etc

If you just get the same old 150, it hits you in the nostalgia for the first 25 minutes, but the original magic isn't there. It's so much nicer to see the occasional familiar face (for that nostalgia rush) PLUS a bunch of new mons to recapture that joy of discovery you felt when you first played.

I was you; I played R/B and then stopped. I came back on a whim for HG/SS, and I'll tell you, it wasn't the old mons and the old gyms in the Kanto postgame that did it for me, it was seeing hundreds and hundreds of new mons and feeling, as an adult, that wonderful overwhelmed feeling that I first felt as a 3rd grader seeing such a wide and complex bestiary.
>>
I know this is bait but why do people adamantly refuse to play a game with the new pokemon, even when it still includes the ones they are familiar with? It honestly baffles me.
>>
>>27263226
Genwunner trash.
>>
>>27265204
Anyone have a good link to oras rom? Can't find a good one
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.