[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guys, i have good news so i made On the right, it is obvious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: letstry.jpg (177KB, 1698x599px) Image search: [Google]
letstry.jpg
177KB, 1698x599px
guys, i have good news
so i made

On the right, it is obvious that the pikachu is nature rash, with 31 IVs everywhere

On the left, rash, his IVs are 5/10/7/17/10/9

We can assume from the video, that only ONE bottle cap is enough to put any pokemon to 31/31/31/31/31/31

I think it's obvious, IVs are random, i dont think game freak would make you need to get as much bottle caps as needed to get perfect IVs, remember ? Masuda said kids these days dont have time to play anymore, so it is relevant to think it'll be this quicker to have perfect mons
>>
bump, i thought this could be useful to know since in the breed thread people were hinting you'd need a lot of bottle caps
>>
>>27261493
There may be different kinds of bottle caps with different effects. Some of them raising each stat to 31 and a special one raising all of them at once I guess. In the official site they say something about a Magearna with a "silver cap". Maybe that's the one that raises all IVs at once?
>>
>>27261687
the site says
>The Magearna you’ll be able to get will be holding a Bottle Cap, a precious item needed for Hyper Training.
>>
>>27261780
Serebii noted that the Japanese site specified that the Magearna comes with a Silver Bottle Cap.
>>
>>27261816
maybe it'll be like

plastic > +1 iv in one stat
bronze > +5 iv in one stat
silver > one stat gets to 31
gold > every stat gets to 31

Since we have to keep in mind, that hidden power is a thing
>>
>>27261909
Which is honestly fine imho. Several Pokemon in my nuzlocke teams have relatively great IVs or 31s in one or two stats already, so I know only need to boost certain ones for Hidden Power type.

Do you think there will be any bottle caps that lower IVs as well?
>>
>>27261493
Am I the only one noticing that ID numbers are 6 digits instead of 5 now?
>>
>>27261493

The stat diagram confuses me. Or rather, its execution does.

Seems to me that despite the fancy new look, it

-Doesn't show EVs
-Doesn't show IVs
-Doesn't show the boosted/gimped stat due to Nature

Why would they bother redesigning the stat page to be more helpful, implement game features that increase IVs and EVs thus "un-hiding" them from the casual player, and then make a diagram that gives less information than in previous generations?
>>
>>27263117
It still shows the boosted/gimped stat due to nature though
>>
>>27263469

Oh, you're right. I thought all the words were different colours. Still doesn't tell you which one is boosted and which is weakened though.

Anyway, the point remains. They should have taken the opporunity to also show IVs and EVs. They could have easily just made the yellow outer border show one, and the green area between it and the black line show the other.
>>
>>27263718
We'll I'm assuming that the red one is boosted and the blue one is lowered.
>>
>>27262903
I wonder what the reason for that is. And if they really are going to change the ID number, how is that going to work?

This could mean they are going to overhaul the shiny system or something.
>>
Please bare with me here, I enjoy playing Pokemon but I truly do not know much about IV's and natures and such.

What is an EV or an IV?

Is it still necessary to get a good nature for a Pokemon now that you can bring up the IV's to maximum? And does Nature normally have any effect on your pokemons IV's (in older games)?

I know I could google these things, I was just hoping for some insight from you guys as someone who doesn't really know much. I just like playing Pokemon
>>
>>27264170

You ae right, google it, thee are SO MANY youtube videos explaining IVs and Evs in depth that its just laziness to not just sit down and watch one.
>>
>>27264170
EV: Effort Values. Basically every pokemon in the game has an EV set to it, for example wooper has 1 HP Ev. So if i were to faint a wooper with my pokemon it would gain 1 HP ev. Every 4 EVs you get equate to 1 point in that stat (I think) You can put 255 evs into 1 stat but since it goes up in fours the most you want is 252. You can have a max of 510 EV so you'd want say for a sweeper to have 252 Atk 252 Speed and you'll have leftover points to throw into whatever

Ivs: When a mon is caught it will have Certen amount of IVs in every stat from 0-31, 31 being best 0 being worst. There is no way to change ivs (until S&M come out)

Nature: A nature is assigned to a mon', It will decrease one stat and increase another or can be neutral. Nature is pretty important for a good mon so it is reccomended to get a good nature or at the very least one that doesnt decrease an important stat for your pokemon.

Nature doesnt effect ivs.

Hope i didnt get anything wrong
>>
>>27264363
Awesome, makes it much more clear for me! Thanks for taking the time to write that.
>>
>>27263943
Probably just make all old mons have 0 before the current ID
I hope the shiny system stays the same, TSV breeding is the only reason I still play after beating the story
>>
>>27264431
Dunno if you're still in the thread but there are also items that increase the amount of Evs you get, and there are berries that decrease Evs (Incase you go overboard/put evs into wrong stat)
>>
>>27261493
I imagine it will be a minigame sort of like Super Training (look at the name FFS) and bottle caps will be the investment/price of admission to play

So if you're good, you can probably get your mon's IVs where they need to be in a single pass.

If you're NOT, you'll have to play a bunch of times, and that will cost caps.
>>
File: 234280234983122.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
234280234983122.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
I am disappointed with the recent adjustments to the game mechanics that only seeks to tarnish the once pristine image of the Pokemon Franchise. Individual Values were the sole feature that separated the true dedicated Elite Pokemon Trainers from the soulless casuals who did not even notice Individual Values existed in the first place. It was the constant practice of determining the invisible random set of values which made the game so enticing for many Elite Trainers who sought a challenge of the unseen. The audience could not perceive it, but its presence in the game was truly known in battle.

For Game Freak to appeal to the Faceless Horde of Masses, solely as a marketing strategy directed at consumers to consider purchasing their latest poor attempt of renewing a video game franchise past its prime, is pathetic. Modifying individual values is an atrocity that only benefits those not willing to put into the effort of obtaining legitimate, competitive Pokemon. What is the purpose for this other than to appeal to the lowest common denominator, while humiliating the true fans of this franchise by practically stating to them publicly their hundreds of hours of obtaining IV competitive Pokemon were meaningless?

I cannot believe I spent years perfecting the craft of competitive IV attainment, supporting a video game development studio with fervent devotion, only to have my loyalty ridiculed by the very studio I believed was above listening to the pathetic masses unworthy of their attention.
>>
>>27261493
i'm about to show my pleb casual side, but fuck it
What's a bottle cap?
>>
>>27265589
The stuff you trade in to Hyper Train
We don't have much info about specifics
>>
>>27263718
>They should have taken the opporunity to also show IVs and EVs
I'm 99% certain that the diagram shows EVs like it did in Gen 6.
>>
>>27265474
You might have a point if getting a perfect IV pokemon was anything other than a pointless time sink.
>>
>>27265474
>I glorify countless wasted time on soft-resetting, breeding: the bike simulator, and attempt to justify wasting countless hours on invisible stats that can unfairly determine a match.
Why are there many /vp/ anons so vehemently against change? There's literally no downside to making IVs more accessible. No one wants to waste their time grinding.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.