[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no Hyper Training thread on page 1 IVS ARE DEAD LONG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: hypertraining3.jpg (45KB, 653x392px) Image search: [Google]
hypertraining3.jpg
45KB, 653x392px
>no Hyper Training thread on page 1
IVS ARE DEAD

LONG LIVE IN-GAME BRO TEAMS
>>
Competitive shitters on suicide watch? Then again most are either injectors or showdown players.
>>
THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER
>>
>>27261458
Why would they be on suicide watch? Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>27261458
Why?
Just means less time breeding. This just made breeding even better.
>>
>>27261432
On one hand this means you can potentially keep using your in-game bros after beating the game.
On the other, it means my nature autism will get even worse.
>>
>>27261458
Probably not, because Hyper Training will still take at least half an hour, and that's not acceptable for kids these days who have a lot more things competing for their time
>>
>>27261458
What? Lowering the bar of entry just increases the number of competitive shitters, you fucking idiot.
>>
The fact that it seems locked to level 100 Pokemon and it needs an in-game currency is the problem.
Due to it, breeding may still be faster.
>>
>>27261533
but this means that your bros are no longer worthless
>>
>>27261533
>inb4 there is only one naturally occurring bottle cap in the game and the rest are event distros or require 999BP to trade
>>
>>27261555
Unless your bros also have a good nature, that's not the case.
>>
>>27261533
it depends.
gen 6 had plenty of ways to get to level 100 in like an hour or two.
>>
>>27261573
REEEEE
>>
>>27261432
i want my litten to be perfect but i dont want to spoil its evolutions. i haveto choose between having my storybro perfect or ruining the surprise . i think i am just gonna go with a timid nature hoping i made the right choice
>>
>>27261517
Maybe you should brush up on your memes before posting, newfag.
>>
>>27261603
It looks to be fast offensive so Naive or Hasty would probably be even safer
>>
>>27261432
Until there's a word on how easy it is to acquire bottle caps I think I'll stick to breeding. Unless GF fucks up and gets rid of the guaranteed IVs on wild Pokemon.
>>
>>27261586
I guess I was blessed, all of my mons have either good natures or neutral ones
>>
>>27261492
You'd be suprised at the ammount of autistic faggots who don't want the bullshit way to get good IVs to go.

They even think it takes skill.
>>
>>27261432
Has it actually been confirmed that it modifies IVs or are you guys just hoping?
>>
>pick starter, bro it
>use him throughout your journey
>defeat the elite 4
>enjoy post game
>he finally hits level 100
>take him to hyper training
>max out all of his IVs
>he is now ready for competitive battles
>tfw he doesn't know any of the egg moves
>>
>>27261674
Bottle caps will be micro transactions. 10 bottle caps for $20
>>
>>27261573
Looks like it's going to be this way.
According to Serebii, the event Magearna you get is holding a Bottle Cap, which can be used for Hyper Training.
>>
>>27261787
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/hypertraining.shtml

Check the before and after.

>>27261724
That's because they're morons.

IV breeding doesn't take me that long usually (no more than an hour) and I can do it while doing something else like watching Netflix, so I've never really personally seen the need to inject, but I don't have any problem with someone who does. If both mons are on even footing, why does it matter how they got there?

But if I can cut through the bullshit with Hyper Training and use my in-game team? I'm gonna be all over that.
>>
>>27261851
>tfw people no longer inject mons
>everyone just injects Bottle Caps instead
>>
>>27261533
As if this is an issue. Assuming blissey bases are gone...

>exp share
>Exp power level 3
>mon who needs to get to 100 holds lucky egg
>dedicated poke soloes E4 about 3 or 4 times
>>
>still need egg moves
>will probably have to grind the Battle Facility to buy Bottle Caps
>Natures are still a problem too
>>
>>27262013
of course breeding isn't completely dead
It just means you no longer have to worry about getting good IVs while getting the nature, egg move, or potential shiny.
>>
>>27262013
>will probably have to grind the Battle Facility to buy Bottle Caps
My 4000+ battle points in Bank disagree. However, I bet there still won't be hidden ability capsules.
>>
>>27261724

It was the same deal when SMT games started letting you pick which moves carry over when fusing. People cried about how it used to take skill, but all it involved was just rerolling the fusion until you got what you want... Same shit with rolling eggs until you get what you want. No skill involved; just the will to spend time on repetitive, simple tasks.
>>
>>27262111
You're still putting that time into getting it, so even if it isn't skilled, you're somewhat earning it. Though I say that as someone who likes to MM shinies now and then, not a competitive breeder. This feature is nothing but good for me because now all the shinies I've got that missed an IV or two I can just fix.
>>
>>27262013
>Natures are still a problem too

No they aren't, you can pass natures 100% with everstone. Excluding IVs all you're breeding for now are egg moves, nature and ability which aren't hard at all. And we don't even know what the breeding mechanics for S&M are yet or how even EASIER they've become.
>>
>>27262013
Looks like Mega-Mom is mothering an entire new generation of pokemon again...
>>
>>27261573
God I hope not. With all the cool stuff they're adding I hope GF slash BP prices again like they did in BW2. Made no sense to go back to the old prixes in XY
>>
>>27261432

>Start a new game, catch your favorite Pokemon.
>Reset a few times for each until you get good Natures.
>Defeat the 8 Gym Leaders with them.
>Take down a villainous organization, save the word with them.
>Defeat the Elite Four, become the Champion with your longtime companions.
>Level them to 100.
>Reset Bag, Super Train them to have optimal EVs.
>Hyper Training, give them perfect IVs.
>The Pokemon you spent your entire journey battling with, traveling with, and befriending, can now be used in competitive battles.

Anybody who is against this is legitimately a selfish prick.
>>
>>27262502
Brofags keep forgetting egg moves exist
>>
>>27262502
Egg moves / hidden abilities.
>>
>hyper training
>showing super effective on the moves
>fifth move slot
we can all agree that this is the worst pokemon game right?
>>
>>27262531
>>27262547
Plenty of competitive sets don't need either
>>
>>27262601
90% of starter pokemon sets runs HA and egg moves
>>
I'm pretty sure it will take less time to breed a 5 IV perfect pokemon than it will to level one up to 100. I can usually start from a wildly caught female to a 5 IV perfect within 20 or so eggs.

I have a big stock of good IV fathers at this point now though.

Breeding pokemon is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it. Being able to make 6 perfect IV dittos without hacking will be awesome though.
>>
>>27262531
>>27262547

Sucks, but it's minor. Relatively few Pokemon really NEED them that badly.

Even then, you only need to breed them once. Basically you're raising their children as successors, instead of the bastard result of hundreds of eugenics experiments.
>>
>>27263006

But you don't HAVE to. You can actually use your bros if you wanted to.

That's what makes this so great.
>>
>>27263241
i guess i just don't have any "bros" so that isn't really a thing for me

>>27263006
>6 iv dittos
oh that's a good point. but still...getting to level 100 is a griiind.
>>
File: 7ac.jpg (12KB, 260x194px)
7ac.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
>>27261458
>most (competitive players) are either injectors or showdown players.
this lmao
>>
>all this pokebro talk ITT
>no one seems to realize the potential for perfect IV legendary Pokemon

I can finally run a Keldeo or Diancie and not feel bad about having to box it in most modes.
>>
>>27263422
now you only have to feel bad about using an overpowered cringey pokemon
>>
Instead of putting more stringent Hack Checking features into the game, they casualize the series even further.
Seriously, everyone who hacks will still do it. We will still see full shiny teams, we will still have people like that guy with the Fake Out Raichu in a ball it can't be in, this literally will only make the game easier for casuals who have no idea what IVs are.
Also, to me, IVs at their core represented Genetic Diversity, meaning a pokemon with higher IVs was bigger and better genetically, and genes can't be trained. Unless this is some sort of gene splicing shit idk
I am a breederfag, and yes I am on suicide watch right now
>>
>>27263422
Oh, good point. I can trade up my shiny Entei from gen 4 and finally make his IVs perfect.
>>
>>27263447
>overpowered
>when actual competitive players consider Kangaskhan more dangerous than half the legendary Pokemon ever to exist

wew lad
>>
>>27263422
They literally give you 3 perfect IVs now for legends.
If you can't SR long enough to get the other two stats you need, I don't know what to tell you.
And dont bring up nature, Synchronize is an ability that exists
>>
>>27263621
>implying any game has an IV checker before postgame
>implying box mascots can be avoided until them
>implying any IV calculator can give accurate numbers for a sub-100 Pokemon

triperfects are great and all, but hyper training is still better for this than for starter Pokemon
>>
>>27263463
Why would IV's be genetics when they determine personality? Improving IV's just means that your Lucario realized that it wasn't really Proud of its Power, it just loved to thrash about and was being a pretentious asshole before.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.