[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Nintendo re-made Gen 1/2 again, with the Gen 7 engine would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: village.jpg (19KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
village.jpg
19KB, 400x240px
If Nintendo re-made Gen 1/2 again, with the Gen 7 engine would you want to play it? Imagine running through Kanto with this full 8-direction 3-d setup; being in a fully redesigned metropolitan Celadon, finally having Bills house on a cliff overlooking the sea feel comparable in game to its feel in the anime, etc.

Would Nintendo ever remake older generations a second time, or would they get bad publicity for trying to milk old IP too much? Would you want to play it or would you feel like they were just squeezing dollars out of old content?

It would be really nice, I think. That and they could alter the roster to include popular late gen Pokemon (which has been done) and expand certain locations like with the numbered isles in FireRed and Leaf Green. Orange Islands, Crystal cave, cities that were never in game but appeared in the show, similar questlines and plot lines, that sort of thing.

There are loads of ways to expand older generations' content. Seeing ORAS has really made the older remakes look outdated. Anywho I'm stoked for the new look and feel of Gen 7, even if the spoiler Pokemon are generally mediocre so far.
>>
I think it's possible for gen 1 remakes after Sun and Moon
You can still play Diamond and Pearl on a 3DS but the only way to play Firered/Leafgreen is on a GBA or DS
Plus the 20th anniversary and Pokemon Go have reignited interest in Gen 1 for most of the general public
If they would ever do it, now is the best time and they would strike while the iron is hot
>>
>>27257066
You can play Red and Blue on the 3DS...
>>
I think it's likely for kanto. It'd be awesome to see cinnabar island actually have a a big volcano and to have the entire region remastered. It would definitely give life to the region and make it much more fun
>>
>>27256343
HOOOLY SHIIIIT.....

no thanks, but I would like to have Gen 7 in FR/LG graphics or HG/SS
>>
>>27257066
I wouldn't mind ONLY if they fully redesigned Kanto so it wouldn't have straight routes and looked natural just like Alola, to fit the gridless movement AND if they incluyded Johto as post-game.

And then we get Gen 8 on the next console, with DP remakes coming right after.
>>
>>27257066
Would really like to sea well-designed ways to get non-kanto Pokemon in remakes. Similar to the egg/baby Pokemon situation in GSC. Egg that could hatch into a Houndour, or an abandoned house that's difficult to access where Misdreavus is extremely rare to find, or a boat that docks in Vermilion but only after the SS Anne leaves, which sailed in from Hoenn and triggers a few catchable pokemon on board or in the harbor

Adding in events inspired by the classic anime would be a lot of fun too. Running into Tracy or the Crystal Onyx being a thing...
>>
>>27256343
Sinnohfetuses would be SO FUCKING MAD. But the remake trend has been one per console, 1 on GBA, one on DS and one on 3DS. 2nd and 5th gens had no remakes. So I wouldn't expect another one so soon especially considering RBY have already been remade and are on virtual console, and Sinnoh is probably the least memorable region.
>>
why would I want to play the worst pokemon games again? making them look better doesn't make the games any better.
>>
>>27257066
You're going to be able to trade VC Red and Blue Pokemon to Sun and Moon so that's not really a reason. Still, I'd love to see Kanto in the style of 7th Gen, hopefully they could add more content to the Sevii Islands because Fire Red and Leaf Green just made it seem tacked on.
>>
>>27257195
Forgot to mention: S E V I I I S L A N D S are a must too.
>>
>>27257230
>le anti-genwunner contrarian meme
'tism
>>
>>27257200
>Adding in events inspired by the classic anime would be a lot of fun too
No it wouldn't
t. Person who's first pokemon game was Yellow
>>
If they remade Kanto again, they'd have to actualy reinvent it. Make every route bigger, city larger, and add more Pokemon than just the 151.

Kanto in 3D will not cut it, it would be its 6th iteration.
>>
>>27256343
Mite be cool but I'm tired of Gen 1 pandering. I'd rather Game Freak devote their resources to make Alola the best it can be.
>>
>>27257255
Right, but having an NPC stand there and say OH HAI I'M JENNY WOULD YOU TAKE THIS SQUIRTLE OFF MY HANDS HAHA is an example of shitty design. I'm taking about not shitty design.
>>
>>27257248
nope, i just dont want to have to train for hours against tentacools and tauros to have a decently leveled team
>>
We already have enough Kanto already.
>>
>>27256343
I'd rather have a completely new story that simply takes place in Kanto.

Keep the region, but place us in a different starting town and make us battle gyms in a different order. Maybe focus on an evil team with a more fleshed out goal. They could easily work non-Kanto pokemon into the game too I'm sure.

They might have to redo a few gridlocked puzzles but that's an acceptable loss.
>>
>>27257300
THIS

give us a kanto sequel with new characters PLEASE
>>
>>27257300
I think if these remakes happen again the amount of redesign would have to be really big, so things like this would have to be considered. Also, if they pulled it off, would be really fucking good. I'm all for a new plot set in Kanto just to get to see the region on a gen 7+ engine.
>>
File: Imagine.png (254KB, 437x358px) Image search: [Google]
Imagine.png
254KB, 437x358px
What about, instead of remaking Red and Blue/Green, they make Red 2 and Blue/Green 2 that take place 20 years later?
>>
>>27257300
>>27257316
>>27257336
>>27257374
Sure, why not.
>>
>>27257374
I want B2W2 remakes just so I can see Colress in a world where mega evolutions exist.
>>
>>27257298
Disagree. You can never have enough Kanto.
I want a gen 1 remake with updates (like FRLG did) and a fully fleshed out Johto section. I don't care about what is and isn't canon as far as how they choose to make the story. But I want it.
>>
>>27257374
>>27257390

Very, very down for this.

Also incorporating anime inspired locations that have never appeared in the game, but which figure into whatever the new plot is. Get taken to the Orange Islands, but twenty years later and not for the same reasons ash was, etc
>>
>>27256343

I mean, it'd be cool, but what's the point? Red, blue and yellow are out on the virtual store.

Honestly, an easier method would have just been to rerelease FR/LG instead of RBY on the store, and maybe create a third GBA style game for yellow. I like RBY, but their remakes pretty much void them useless, as I can't think of a feature that didn't get improved. It's not like HGSS where they took out the game corner, didn't fix the level curve and thought that pokeathelon would make up for it.
>>
>>27256343
The answer is simple: if they wanted kanto remake they would do one on the 20th annivesary. They didnt so they dont want it. Maybe on 25th or 30th. Otherwise there's no point. Even more now with RBY on VC with the possibility to transfer mons to gen 7
>>
File: 1465051571200.gif (177KB, 180x218px) Image search: [Google]
1465051571200.gif
177KB, 180x218px
Red 2 and Green 2
>Rival is now the new professor Oak, the real prof is retired in the Sevii islands banging Lorelei
>Silver takes over the Viridian Gym, in place of the rival
>Mt. Moon is a site where they excavate for Infinity Energy
>Since Sabrina went to pursue an acting career in Unova, the Dojo is the gym of Saffron
>Saffron and Celadon are both giant cities (at least Mallville tier but actually good) connected by the route in the middle which is now a kind of city park where events take place
>The wind farm on Route 14 is heavily expanded with a new dungeon to boot
>Blaine and Mr. Fuji, through great humanitarian effort, put together a team to reconstruct the town of Cinnabar. Near the top of the Cinnabar volcano - a new dungeon - is a shrine to Mr. Fuji who passed away a few years prior to the start of the game
>The guy in Vermillion City finished his building on his square of land, it's a battle facility
>Milf Misty
>Milf Erika
>Milf Leaf(????)
>Finally an in-game plot thread or quest where the connection between the Kanto birds and Lugia is properly expanded upon
>Johto post-game
>End-game fight with Gold
If they made a Red2/Green2 I'd be game, there's fuck loads of potential there. Remaking the original Kanto journey itself seems like a recipe for disaster, they'd have to change too many things to even make RBY work in the current engine. At least with a sequel they'd have a bit more liberty to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.
>>
>>27256343
i'd play it. im not interested in megalutions or any pokemon after gold/silve.r
>>
No because Gen 1 is one of the most boring gens and overrated gens.
>>
>>27257300
>Start in Lavender town
Oh yeah, I'm down
>>
>>27257209
Heart Gold Soul Silver, 2nd gen had a remake.
>>
>>27256343
I'd play it but I'd want them to Buff the pokedex with every prevo and evo that came after and add all Johto mon for starters. 251 isn't the worst.

I'd expand every route attached to Saffron city. Creating some distant would be appreciated. Expand Rock tunnel, mount moon and Viridian for revisits. A new sea side town between routes 13, 14, 15.

Volcanic cave in Cinnabar would be neat.

Storywise two more Rocket side plots and maybe have Arianna and Archer take up roles as executives. Megas for Gyms leaders at 4th

Although I'd rather such a remake happen on a console
>>
they don't have to remake the story, i just want the kanto region and the original pokemons
>>
I'd play a sequel in Kanto like Black and White 2 but please God, not a remake of Red and Blue
>>
>>27257300
I'd love to see another straight Gen I remake despite how many people would hate it, but I actually really like this idea, too. Something that takes place in whatever time period Sun & Moon are happening in, several years after Red's adventure, as a new trainer exploring Kanto. Would be a good in-universe excuse to spruce it up as well (not like the dump it is in GS), add more locations, change the routes a bit, etc, but keep the same basic environment where it all began. I wouldn't really want to see Neo Team Rocket Mk. 2 again, but I think they'd need to have some kind of ties or similar goal to Rocket in an evil team. Just thugs looking to use pokemon to make money. Expand on the Sevii Islands and shit. It'd give them some freedom to play around with Kanto and pacify the genwunners as well as the ones who are sick of the same old Kanto.
>>
>>27257374
>it now follows the mangas story

10/10
>>
>>27256343
That's the worst fucking idea I've ever heard of, so I'm sure Gamefreak will do it. I'm absolutely sick of Kanto, it's been done to death already and it needs to stop.
>>
kanto You will have to give extensive proof you can make it look good. Kanto is not interesting on its own.
>>
>modern Game Freak remakes gen 1
>Blue/Green is now super friendly and always cheers you on
>he has an Eevee that evolves into whatever evolution your starter is good against
>he only has 4 Pokemon during your final encounter with him, which is in Victory Road as he is no longer the champion
>every gym leader has 2-3 Pokemon, with their levels scaled to always be 3 levels below your lowest Pokemon
>Pokedex now talks like in the anime and acts as a GPS, giving you constant instructions on where to go next
>every E4 member now only has 3 Pokemon each
>champion is Diantha, who fully heals your entire team and only has 5 Pokemon
>Marowak is no longer dead
>Team Rocket is no longer a criminal organization, they're just mean trainers trying to stop others from winning the Pokemon League
>>
>>27260267
>you are now railroaded into doing every gym in order, can no longer sequence break
>>
>>27257270
>>27257298
>>27260150
This. So much this.
>>
>>27256343
Gen 3 remakes were just 3d copies of the map even though gen 6 had a city like lumiose they wouldn't do it
>>
>>27260267
remakes don't follow this kind of bullshit modern games have, you moron. Try harder with your bait.
>>
>>27260347
>ORAS
>>
>>27257924
>if you played the remakes on virtual console, theres and endgame fight with red using your team
>>
>>27257924
/thread
>>
File: 1468836809423.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1468836809423.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
>>27257100
He said fr and lg
>>
>>27257374
I'd be down with this, and then incorporate Johto into the fold after you beat kanto
>>
>>27256343
In my wet dreams I see
>Entire pokemon setting redesigned with realism in mind
>Ultra high-end graphics, Kanto region on Cry Engine 3 or better
>Konami MGS team on character design and plot
>mfw I play a disillusioned Solid Snek battling Team Rocket attempting to make Trainer Haven using private pokemon armies
>mfw
>>
>>27256343
>Nintendo
kys casual
>>
File: 2exyji0jpg.gif (553KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
2exyji0jpg.gif
553KB, 500x250px
>>27257456
>tfw
Redone Kanto games are announce with the full Gen 7 engine. After you beat the Elite Four you get two options on a black screen...
>Train some more!
>See where this adventure leads you...
Second option, screen fades to black and you wake up in New Bark Town and play through the Johto games in Gen 7's Engine.

You climb Mt. Silver and face Red, but his name is your name in your Kanto journey and his team is the team you beat the Kanto Elite Four with. After you beat Red the screen fades to black
>"..."
>"Would you like to hear my story?"
>Yes
>No
Hitting no makes you stay in Johto
>"Any time you want to listen, let me know."
Hitting yes takes you back to where you left off after defeating the Elite Four in Kanto. Talking to Prof Oak takes you back to the Johto timeline
>"I see great things in your future, do you?"
>Yes
>Idk (stays in Kanto)
>>
>>27261775
No.
Too much anti-linear time-hopping.
>>
I would not mind the region but it would have to be an entirely new game with new plot, order, Megas, and available Pokemon. It would also have to go past Kanto - personally I'd only really be hyped for a massive remake that spanned multiple lands.
>>
>>27256343
I could see it happening. the nostalgia for gen 1 is insane.
>>
Sorry, OP. I really want to experience the Gen 4 snow storms in 3D.
>>
>>27261775
Honestly, fuck Red.

I literally have no feelings towards Red except his god damn sprite. You were never more anonymous than in the 1gen games, and so seeing Red as some sort of independent character, and not my avatar, just does nothing for me.
>>
>>27256343
>Seeing ORAS has really made the older remakes look outdated.
I really hope you only mean graphically.
>>
Remake Pokemon Red/Blue for NX. Add a postgame region where all gen mons can be captured.
>>
>Playing through boring ass Kanto for the third time
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.