[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vp/, now that the dust has settled, how did they do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 15

So /vp/, now that the dust has settled, how did they do?

2/6 acceptable for me.
>>
5/6, honestly not sold on the horse quite yet. But fantastic still. Definite improvement this gen over the last one.
>>
>>27251950
The bear is fucking awful but the rest are fine.
>>
4/6. I'm a shit comformist.
>>
>>27251950
Like all of them
>>
ALL OF THEM
>>
I'm going to use the bear specifically to annoy people
>>
>>27251950

Not counting the two we already knew about, I like them

3/4, not really wowed about Cherrim 2.0 but I still like it's design though
>>
5/6, still not fond of the bear.

The trilobite/isopod is pretty cute, the horse is really cool and the fact it's as heavy as a REAL clydesdale is pretty neat.

The mangosteen fruit mon is really cute, and the Lei-based flower mon is pretty cool.

Mimikyu is still perfect.
>>
>>27251950
Bear, horse and flowerchain have minor flaws, the rest is perfect. I like them all.
>>
>>27252000
Why people hate Bewear? It's a bear, it's giant, it's fluffy and it's pink. For me it's a sure spot on my team.
>>
>>27251950
4/6

Pikaboo never appealed to me
Diaper fruit is shitty.
>>
>>27251950
2/6, mimichu and bewear are cool
>>
>>27252033
Personallt not a fan of the hairband, but that's the only thing bothering me. I like it nonetheless.
>>
Wimpod, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear are all 10/10

Comfey is good

Bounsweet was underwhelming until I read its flavor text, now it's amazing
>>
I like all of them, particularly Mudsdale. The bear is growing on me but is still by far the worst of the bunch revealed
>>
>>27251950
1/6.
>my mom's grass klefki
>my mom's kabuto
>my mom's cherrim
>shitty teddy bear praised for "good design"
>nigger horse
>>
Bounsweet: Not a fan. Looks too much like a Cherubi ripoff. Maybe if its evolution is good, then maybe...

Bewear: Hate its design. My current runner for "ugliest Gen 7 Pokemon".

Wimpod: I like. Its ability looks useful as fuck, and I think its evo will probably look badass. Hopeful.

Mudsdale: I really like its design, but I get the feeling it is not going to evolve and will probably be ignored. Acceptable.

Mimikyu: One of my favorites so far, I like the gimmick and I like its ability. I get the feeling it will probably be underpowered though.

Comfey: Cute, and I had a feeling there would be a Pokemon like this due to the tropical setting. Not sure if it will evolve or not, but eh.
>>
>>27252011
>Cherrim
>Cherry
>Bounsweet
>Mangosteen
>>
like all besides fruit
>>
4.5/6. The fruit is pretty lame, and Comfey is meh.
>>
5.5/6

Bounsweet still isn't really sold for me. I like the description on the website, but don't know how to feel about another fruit pokemon.
>>
Bewear is fucking awesome.
Comfey and the berry are alright, kinda getting some deviantart vibes off of them.
Mimikyu is a pretty cool novelty poke.
Wimpod is cool, hoping it evolves into something cooler.
Not sure about the horse, kind of a peculiar colour scheme but if you can ride on it like you could ride on Gogoats before then it gets an extra point.
>>
>>27251950
3/6
I already know the fruit will be on future forgettable mons threads.
>>
>>27251950
Design-wise, I really like most of them (except the cherry with a diaper because I know what's gonna happen)
Name-wise... Bewear? Why not a more intelligent name that makes sense, since that's not a fucking bear but a lesser panda. It doesn't make sense, but whatever.
In general, I'm gonna fucking hate Wimpod because if you meet it at lvl 25 there's no way you're gonna catch it with one ball, you're gonna have to weaken it. And it's gonna escape. Fuck.

overall, I'd say 6/10
>>
Bounsweet 5/10
Bewear 8/10 (Score raised with the pun)
Wimpod 3/10 (Probably gets better after evolving)
Mudsdale 9/10 (Artax from Neverending Story!)
Mimikyu 10/10 (Probably my fave this gen)
Comfey 5/10 (Meh, it's ok. Loving its ability)
>>
They're fine.
>>
>>27251950
I like everything but the bear. The cherry is weak but I don't exactly dislike it either.

Really like Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Comfey. Mudsdale is Vikavolt and Drampa-tier for me, I'll make sure to use it on my first playthrough.
>>
just don't like comfey
even bewear acceptable, i just don't like pokemon clearly based off of shit that isn't natural
>>
4.5/6

Fucking adore Wimpod. I've wanted a proper Water/Bug type for a while and I love crustaceans. Also wanted a horseshoe crab forever.

Also love Mimikyu and Mudsdale. Everything about both works for me.

The other three each get a half point just because they don't really do much for me but I don't have a problem with them either. Afraid Comfey is just going to be Flabebe 2.0, though.
>>
>>27252166
>cherry with a diaper
Nigga, that's a mangosteen. You need to eat more fruit.
>>
The "cherry" is a mangosteen and the "diaper" is the exposed fruit dum dums
>>
3/6

Not a fan of most of these, but the rest of the SM Pokemon have been fantastic so far so my standards are higher than usual. I don't think I'd use most of these, but I don't have anything against them.

That said, Mimikyu and Wimpy are great.
>>
>Comfy
>>
Bewear looks much better in game.
>>
>>27251950
4/6
I'm not too convinced about Carnival costume horse and flower wheel thing.
>>
Didn't one of the "leaks" we have mention a sweet smelling Pokemon d a horse? Does anyone remember that?
>>
>>27251950
3/6
The good thing is, I think they'll all grow on me. None of them are absolutely terrible a la Swanna.
The horse is kind of pushing it though.
I'm excited to see what Bounsweet evolves into, because it clearly evolves into something.
Trilobyte is definitely the best out of all of them.
Oh and 'Bewear'.
That name makes me feel like I'm basking in the sun in the middle of a flower meadow or some shit, it's that good.
>>
I generally like all of them, besides Bewear. Still hate it.

Not the biggest fan of Bounsweet either. It's almost as if Cherubi was so unmemorable that they unknowingly made another one. I'll have to wait until it evolves.
>>
>>27252245
All of them look better.
>>
>>27252218
>>27252214

>Implying furfags won't take that as a diaper and use that for their diaper fetish shit
>>
I don't like the radish, a big "meh" for Comfey and the wimp bug, but like the 3 others.

The first three are probably the weakest Pokemon so far in my opinion
>>
>>27251950
Mudsdale and Bounsweet are fantastic, Wimpod and Bewear are okay. Mimikkyu and Comfey are irredeemable garbage
>>
>>27251950
5/6, the bear is an attrocity and that'll never change.
though Gen VII's shaping up to be a really good gen.
>>
I hate Mimikyu, we don't need more Pikachu fans, he's only like that for the anime. Stupid as fuck.
The rest is fine
>>
>>27252033
The jump between the black and the pink is too jarring for me. It looks odd. Also not a fan of the cat ear headband or w/e it is.
I like pretty much everything else though. 5/6.
>>
>>27251950
Bounsweet and Comfey are pretty cute.I think that I will train them when I get my copy of Moon.
Kiteruguma is very ugly.It kind of reminds me of how I used to bite off a gummy bear's head and place it in on another gummy bear's body.Wimpod is really cool and I feel that it's one of the fossil pokemon(based on a trilobite)Mudsdale is just ugly.Mimikyu is my favourite(alongside Popplio) so far. 10/10

4/6 for me
>>
>>27251950
4/6 I still hate the bear and the horse is kinda stupid
>>
4/6 The horse and Bounsweet doesn't quite do it.
>>
The names are for the most part awful, I wish GameFreak would get new people deciding the Pokemon names, because the names are too important to just be shat out like this. Designwise, not bad. Comfey is my least favorite.
>>
Mango is cute, hope it turns into a waifu
Fagbear is growing on me but it's still very odd looking
Isopod is cool
Niggerhorse is alright I guess, I don't really like horses
Mimichu is still solid
Comfy already has a spot on my team
>>
>>27251950
3/6
The horse, water bug and mimi
>>
>>27251950
Comfey almost looks like somethin NachtBeirmann would design
>>
>>27251950
I probably like this batch the least so far.

>Mimmikyu

8/10 This ones fantastic, really clever design and concept. Its pretty much all been said before, its a great pokemon.

>Bewear

7/10 I actually like this thing despite everyone hating it. I think its fucking hilarious, and I'm 90% certain that its a joke on purpose. I mean, it's literally a massive plush panda that fucking kills everything. That trope of "simple, cute monster" seems to be a thing in Japan too.

>Bounsweet

3/10 I find these sorts of pokemon to be so intensely uninteresting. Cherrim was lame, this thing is too. It has some redeeming quality for building up the atmosphere of Alola, being a local fruit, but thats about it.

>Comfey

1/10 Definitely my least favorite design so far of the gen. Again, just going with that super bland "fairys r cute" thing. I was already sick of it after Gen 6. So far the Fairies had seemed to be less predictable designs, like with Mimmikyu, but this ones just.. bleh.

>Wimpod

5/10 but with potential. I can sort of see this thing pulling a Gyarados, being a shit tier pokemon that grows into a beast. As is, the designs fine, gets the job done, just isn't something I'd look at and say "I want to use that in battle."

>Mudsdale

5/10 Cool concept, not crazy about the execution, but I can see some people totally digging this guy. It's a solid addition though, no doubt. Wont complain.

Overall, a resounding "meh" from me. Cant win them all, though.
>>
>>27251950
4/6
I guess Comfey means that they're doubling down on making fairies with grass powers that aren't Grass type, and that bothers me

I don't like the berry very much but I guess its evo will be cool, it feels like Cherubi 2.0 though
>>
>people actually like Bewear

You guys never cease to amaze me. Fucking kill yourselves degenerate scum
>>
>>27251950
The berry is a little plain, hope it evolves.
Mr. Spinebreaker has an interesting ability.
ASDFHJHKJL FUCKING ISOPOD POKEMON, AND IT"S WATER/BUG! That ability though, not sure how we'll use it.
I feel like Clay Horse's ability might make it OP.
Not-my-pikachu basicly has an auto, one-time-use substitute, which tells me we'll be seeing it everywhere in the meta.
The new fairy's ability is just a weaker form of Prankster, unless it extends to all pokemon on the field.
>>
>>27251950
Mudsdale, Mimikyu and Wimpod are great.

Comfey and Bounseed are boring.

Bewear still shit.
>>
>>27251950
Still not too crazy about the bear and the seed is kinda lame looking. The info about it had me laughing though.
>>
>>27252491
bad taste desu baka
>>
>>27252314
Why do you care. They have the awful ability to sexualize anything anyway
>>
>>27251950
3.5/6

Don't care for the horse or the bear. I'm 50/50 on the trilobyte.
>>
>>27252544
:( sorry senpai
>>
>>27252491
Autism mixed with shit taste
>>
>>27251950
I like every gen 7 pokemon so far
>>
>Retard Strength bear
>Literally Lenny petting bunnies too hard
>People hate it

Why?
>>
That grass thing Looks like a rip-off of cherrim and hoppip. The fairy flower crown is nice for having an hawaian theme but other than that its pretty bland. hope they will be redeemed by evolutions. I really like the others though, wimpod could evolve into some mad dragon isopod all furious and reckless, a la magikarp>gyarados
>>
5/6 I just don't like Bewear.
>>
>>27251950
I like wooliehorse
>>
>>27252195
>i just don't like pokemon clearly based off of shit that isn't natural
I think they like to justify it that the real life stuff is based on the pokemon in game
>>
>>27252635
>water/bug
>Could evolve into a dragon rite guise XDD
>>
I like the crab and the horse.
>>
>>27251950
4/6

Bewear's design is shit and the fact that the latest footage shows him up against Pangoro, another bear Pokemon with a much better design, makes his jarring, and in my opinion, overly-simplistic design stand out even worse.

Bounsweet is pretty generic. Probably one of the most forgettable designs I've seen from this generation thus far.
>>
The only one I don't like is the grass-type. It doesn't have anything interesting going for it like the other Pokemon; no special typing or ability.
>>
>>27251950
3/6
Mimikyu is great, the diaper fruit and the lei are acceptable
Why did Gamefreak show all the good pokes in the first batch? This time it felt like they were trying to let us down easy by showing us the shittiest ones.
>>
>>27252657
>liking pie stealers
>>
>>27252691
You mean like skrelp?
>>
That bear really look like something that belongs to a different franchise, like hello kitty or something like that
>>
>Flower ring is bad
>Fruit is nice
>Bug/water is good, potentially great (depends on evo)
>horse would be awesome if drawn less cartoony
>Bewear is pretty bad
>Mimikyu is my fav mon since gen 4
>>
>>27252691
Yeah dude, that's toooootally never happened before! We've never seen pokemon change dramatically when they evolve.
>>
4/6 good

5/6 acceptable

I'm still not sold into the cuddly fight bear. Maybe it will look better in motion.
>>
>>27251950
5/6
The bear is literally trash, and the pink grass type may evolve into some cool shit.
>>
>>27251950
The bear is terrible.

Rest is fine. Except the flower thing.
>>
>>27252062
same for me
I know it's the concept but it looks so badly put together
>>
>>27252075
>nigger horse
ok now you are making stuff up
>>
>>27251950
4/6

bear and Klefki flower edition are SHIT.
>>
>>27252033
Bewear looks so plastic, empty and underdesigned. The kawaii nekochan hairband looks dumb too.
>>
File: repanda.jpg (509KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
repanda.jpg
509KB, 1000x750px
>>27252062
It's not a hairband, that's its ears.
>>
>>27252466
OK good, i'm not the only one who knows of him and thought this.
>>
>>27251950

Guys, I love them all. There isn't a single 'mon in this batch that I dislike. In fact, I love the red panda even more due to its name being a fucking pun. Also, I know that this is supposed to be the meat of the fruit, but it looks like Bounsweet is wearing undies.
I know some of you are still ass-blasted about that panda, but I am so excited.
>>
5/6

Horse is easily the worst looking horse they've ever made, everything else is pretty good
>>
>>27251950
I love Mimikyu and the horse. I still hate the panda but the others are alright.
>>
>>27252138
How in the hell do you say "Bewear is awesome" and Comfey and Bounsweet give you a deviantart vibe?? Those two actually look like Pokémon, meanwhile Bewear (which is a dumb fucking name) is EXACTLY like something from DeviantArt some weeb kid would draw
>>
>>27251950

>Okay
>Great
>Fantastic
>Great
>GOAT
>Eh

4.5/6 ain't bad.
>>
>>27251950
2 are acceptable-tier, like the horseshoe crab and Clydesdale, don't like Bewear but I do like its name
>>
>>27251950
I'm reminded of gen 5 when there were a lot of shitmons.

I can't recall being repulsed by so many gen 6 mons yet excited about so many others.
>>
I like all of them except the bear.
>>
Bear is awful but 4/6 for the rest.
>>
>>27253190
I don't like Bewear's name. Names that are just existing words but spelled differently suck.
>>
>>27251950

4/6

Cherrim 2.0 and bear don't impress me.

But Mudsale is 10/10 will train
>>
>>27251950
I don't like any but the fish and pikachu ghost but the flower ones are acceptable
>>
>>27252930
He's got fucking jamaican dreads in his mane, it's a nignog horse of the worst kind.
>>
File: 123423536753.jpg (37KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
123423536753.jpg
37KB, 564x846px
>>27251950
the pill bug is cute, but I'm a sucker for bug pokemon anyway. thats some nice prehistoric design.
the bear thing is the Relaxo of the region I guess. not really bad, not amazing either.
Horse is ok, the both flower pkmn are nothing special
I love the Pikachu mimic! thats creepy and cute!
>>
>>27253487
It's not a pill bug, it's a trilobite.
>>
Not keen on any of them desu. Bewear and Mudsdale aren't terrible I guess, but nothing to write home about either.

I loved 95% of the Kalos designs, but so far the Alola Pokemon have let me down. Only Rockruff and Salandit stand out to me in a good way.
>>
Bounsweet is way too similar to Cherrim.

Comfey should be Grass/Fairy. It's pretty much a Flabebe clone right down to the typing!
>>
>>27253328
Real-life horses have their hair braided all the time, though.
>>
>>27251950
Brilliant except for the bear, the draft horse and bug are GOAT
>>
>>27251950
6/6 for me. Mangosteen is a great new grass-type. Bewear is the Lenny of Pokemon. Papa Roach seems like a spiritual successor to Abra, who's pretty iconic, and the ability could end up making things interesting (great typing, too). Mudsdale is cool as fuck, and I like the idea of a bulky workhorse. Mimikyu is adorable, the ability is fun, and I imagine it will be integrated into the game well. Comfey is cute, and definitely better than any lei design I could come up with.
>>
>>27252738
I wouldn't say the issue is that it's overly simplistic. It's just that none of it is cohesive. It looks like they just smashed parts of different creatures together in an incredibly jarring way. Not just that but the color use is painfully badly matched.

I mean who the fuck thought those colors were a good idea? I mean we've had some shit designs, but how did this even make it through the cutting room? I can't get over how bad it is.
>>
>>27251950

Bounsweet (6/10) mangosteen baby looks like a potential cherrim/roserade/lilligant expy pre evo. not a fan of the bottom half design as it looks like a diaper

Bewear (5/10) giving me vibes of 'pedobear: the hawaiian dicking revenge'. Maybe it was intentional on the design basis. all it needs now is a white van with free hugs written

Wimpod is perfect (9/10). A trilobite/horseshoe crab/copepod/triop design is what I have been waiting since anorith's debut. Here's hoping it's not another surskit

Comfey (8/10) a lei fairy made sense in hindsight on what it is representing. And the fact it's grabbing onto its own tail to look like a lei added more to its fairy type gimmick on 'cute looking'

Mimikyu (10/10). disguising as a pikachu to hitch on the popularity gave it a name of its own. and the ability make it look like a good set up for competitives

Mudsdale (5/10) Design wise, a beach surfer hawaiian as a clydsedale. Use wise, a bulky defensive wall.
>>
>>27255106
>Mimikyu (10/10). disguising as a pikachu to hitch on the popularity gave it a name of its own. and the ability make it look like a good set up for competitives
the type combo is amazing
>>
>actually liking bewear

I hate this place. Did you even see how much fucking better pangoro looked next to it? I fuckin hate pangoro but honestly it's design is elder God tier when you put it side by side to that fucking abortion. There's literally no detail in it. I like all of the design this gen so far except for that piece of shit. It's by far the worst thing to come out of game freak.
>>
>>27251950
4/6 are great

Bewear is acceptable for me after I saw the new trailer. It looks better as a 3D model and its funny how huge it is.

Bounsweet is boring as fuck but maybe it will evolve into something interesting
>>
I can't believe that they made Bewear look even worse in 3D. Actually I can it was a garbage tier Pokemon from the start.
>>
>bounsweet
cute, but literally my moms cherubi
>bewear
i think its going to have an interesting dynamic, and its cute.
>wimpod
going to be annoying to catch, but its cute and i love the water/bug typing
>mudsdale
i like its typing and ability, but not entirely sold on the design. i like it, but. eh.
>mimikyu
10/10 great typing, cool ability, praying its stats are good and it gets good boosting moves
>comfey
another one thats like, good idea, eh execution
so yeah, 4.5/6
>>
>>27251950
I like the horse, but hate its name.
Wimpod might evolve into something worthwhile
Comfey worries me since its name has fey in it.
>>
All shit except the horse, Especially that fucking bear, Probably the laziest design i've seen, looks like a damn 5 year old drew it.
>>
>>27251950
>cherubi again
>BEWEAR HAHA HOLY FUCK
>destined to be a shitmon
>for once, a normal ass horse, no bullshit, i like it
>cute
>makes sense considering the area

yeah, they're pretty good, i like them
>>
>>27252622
I really think a lot of the reason people don't like this mon, even though they won't admit it, is because it's pink and looks like it's wearing a headband. A lot of the time I feel like the gender distribution of 4chan leads to a lot of kneejerk negative reactions to mons with any perceived "girly" traits.
>>
>>27251950
5/6 I don't dig the flower thing
>>
>>27253089
They aren't ears though, they designed it as a headband. If they were ears it would look better.
>>
>>27255327
>A lot of the time I feel like the gender distribution of 4chan leads to a lot of kneejerk negative reactions to mons with any perceived "girly" traits.

Please, for a site of mostly guys plenty of people here are fine with girly stuff. Half the weeb community here is obsessed with it.

The bear just looks awkward.
>>
>>27251950
I like Cherrim 2, Mimikyu, Get Leid, and the horseshoe crab. Cuckstang and San Fransisco need to leave.
>>
>>27252077
>Bewear
>not the LSD trip-colored clusterfuck that is Bruxish
>>
>>27251950
All of them are good except the bear. Unless it evolves to look less idiotic, i will always think it's stupid. I love the idea behind it though. A pokemon that looks unassuming and pathetic is actually super dangerous and feared by the locals. Would have been better if i didn't realize ALL pokemon are super dangerous and capable of mass destruction, automatically making this stupid thing become obsolete.
>>
>>27251950
Bewear is absolute shit but I like the rest. Mudsdale is my favorite of the bunch.
>>
>>27251950
the bear is shit and the cherrim thing is stupid, but the rest are neat. i hope wimpod gets a good evo
>>
File: 1448741803886.png (117KB, 576x598px) Image search: [Google]
1448741803886.png
117KB, 576x598px
>>27251950
I'm down for all of them but if I had to rate which ones I'd be more likely to use;
>Wimpod - 6/10 (looking forward to evos)
>Bouncsweet - 7/10 2cute
>Comfey -6/10
>Mudsdale - 10/10, def gonna be my ace
>Mimikyu - 7/10
>Bewear - 8/10
>>
>>27255017
So?
>>
I am way beyond hyped for Gen 7. The designs are bold and experimental and I would like to try most of them so far. Already looking better than Gen 6.

I'm currently fixated on the ability Stamina
>>
>>27251950
The blue one reminds me of a pet shrimp I had as a kid so I kinda like it. A lot of them just look strange, though, and Mimikkyu is of course a fan favorite.
>>
What's the pun on Bounsweet's name supposed to be?
>>
Holy shit, Mudsdale is 8' tall and 2000lbs
>>
>>27256022
bounce+sweet
>>
>>27251950
Everything but the bear
>>
>>27256137
Oh for fuck sake.
>>
>>27256188
heh
>>
>>27256022
>>27256137
>>27256188
I also thought "Bountiful" when I first saw the name.
>>
>>27251950
Catching a female Mudsdale and calling her Mare-ley
>>
>>27256137
It feels like more and more often names are just two words mashed together.

I guess it's always been sort of that way but it just seems more blatant now.
>>
>>27252691
Shit I want a bug/water more than a bug/dragon, I meant dragon as in draconic. Plus, it wouldn't be the first non to change type as in the case of skrelp
>>
File: 34e35445646464.jpg (107KB, 737x556px) Image search: [Google]
34e35445646464.jpg
107KB, 737x556px
>>27251950
I don't get the fucking horse.

It's as bad as the bear for me
>>
>>27251950

MIMIKYUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>27251950
4/6
>>
>>27256406

Nigga
Dreadlocks
>>
>>27251950
Bounsweat and Mimikyu are great
Mudsdale and Wimpod are ok
Bewear is meh
Comfey is forced as fuck
>>
>>27251950
That bear is awful
>>
When I started reading this thread i immediately hated Bewear. After reading its flavor text and letting it simmer, i now fucking love it and want one on my team.
>>
>>27252166

>and it's gonna escape

How often is this an actual problem outside of safari zones? And you're concerned about having to use more than one ball? Is this your first Pokemon game, anon?
>>
>>27256553
It runs away if its health goes below 50%
>>
>>27256590
>gastro acid
>skill swap
>just using a net ball since it's got 3x effectiveness
>>
>>27252062
>>27252385
>>27253058
It's a little better when you think of the headband as wrestling headgear covering it's real ears.
>>
Having read the text I love bewear and bounsweet. Mimikyu is still as great as before. Mudsdale and wimpod have good abilities l, i just hope they dont go shitmon. Comfey need to be thrown in a fire.

Overall pretty good. Bananas/6
>>
4/6

Horse looks kind of dumb and the bear is shite
>>
>>27251950
>pokemon that are good
trilobite
horse
pikachu doll ghost
>pokemon that are mediocre
carebear (saved somewhat by its description)
>pokemon that are bad
cherrim 2.0
literally my mom's Hawaiian lei (and this is coming from someone whose favourite pokemon of the 6th gen was literally my mom's house keys)
>>
>>27251950
Bear is slowly growing on me but not fast enough. 5/6.
>>
>>27252204
>Horseshoe crab
Kabutops

That isn't a horshoe crab either.... Can someone help me out I can't think of what it is. It's definitely a bug though, it doesn't do anything underwater but does live on sandy beaches if I remember right. I see them all the time and they really do scedaddle as soon as you see them.
>>
>>27256370
yeah names such as Bee-drill, Geo-dude, Rapid-dash, Snore-lax or Licky-tongue were much more subtle.
>>
>>27251950
Comfey's name is fucking dumb. Who chose that over Faelei or literally anything else?
>>
>>27251950
Why do they insist on making fairy/grass types, but only calling them fairy? Fucking haram.
>>
>>27257555
Kabuto and Kabutops resemble ancient Trilobites and Euryptids, and Wimpod is supposed to resemble a modern day horseshoe crab, I think the eyes on top of it's shell give it away. I like it's ability aswell it can be disrupting during a battle, but one can only hope it has the defense to put it to use.
>>
>>27257560
Yeah, I guess over the years they start to sound more natural.
>>
>>27251950
Mudsdale is the best out of this group
I like Bewear and Comfey
Indifferent to the rest of them
>>
>>27251950

Eh, still not sold on pink hugbear, but I really like everything else.
>>
>>27251967
Wait -- out of all of these, MUSDALE is the one you're not sold on?

Granted I like most (still not sold on Bounsweet or Bewear), but I'm surprised that Mudsdale seems to be as controversial as it is.
>>
5/6 horsey can go suck a big black dick
>>
>>27251950

I like all of them.
>>
>>27257846

or Big black boobs.
>>
File: pepethefrog.jpg (28KB, 975x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepethefrog.jpg
28KB, 975x600px
>another object pokemon
>>
i hope wimpod has a great evo line
>>
>>27251950
Mudsdale and the bug are pretty cool, 8/10.
The fruit and the flowers are garbage, 1/10.
The other two had a good concept but a lazy as fuck design, 4/10.
So in total I like 2/6.
>>
>>27257922
>P-Pokemon must be based off of animals!
>>
>>27251950
I like em all. I won't use the plant, fairy or horse but hey could be worse
>>
File: braids.jpg (32KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
braids.jpg
32KB, 600x446px
You know this is common practice... right?
>>
>>27257980
>I use strawman arguments in a bangladeshi kite testing forum
>>
>>27257922
Literally every gen has had an object with googly eyes on it be a pokemon. This one is even a bit better than normal, because it looks more like Flabebe, as a tiny critter hanging on to the object.
>>
4/6. Pedobear is fucking garbage and the lei might be good if it evolves into something cool.
>>
>>27258063
>I can't tell the difference between an argument and an insult.
>>
>>27251950
I don't understand what's in the horse's mouth.
>>
File: 1450022104474.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1450022104474.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>27258082
insults aren't arguments either anon
>>
there are too many pokemon.
>>
might as well post this here too

none of the pokemon are real winners for me, and they don't feel like they have the potential to grow on me save for mudsdale
mimikyu and wimpod are alright

bewear can go fuck itself, it's just uncanny valley tiers of weird

not to mention they all have weird two syllable half-pun names besides mimikyu
>>
>>27251950
Top left is utter trash. The rest are pretty good.
>>
>>27251950
i like the bear and the diaper fruit and the klansman
>>
>>27258127
>I failed reading comprehenssion
>>
2/6 too. Mimikyu and Wimpod are the only ones good enough, the rest look very, VERY bad (specially the horse and bear)
>>
>>27258104
It's another deadlock/braid from the other side.
>>
>>27252466
what's with fairy types having flowers in their design but never being part grass
>>
DIAPER HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>27258179
flow,er crowns!!!!! uwu,,,,
>>
>>27258173
Oh shit got it now. I thought it was a shell or something. They should move that, it's confusing.
>>
>>27258167
Horse is the best pokemon in the last 2 generations, how can someone dislike it is beyond me. Literally flawless 10/10 design.
>>
>>27251950
from left to right and top to bottom

okay
garbage
good
okay
okay
garbage
>>
>>27251950
Mimikyu, Comfey and Wimpod look great.
Bounsweet and Bewear are alright.
Mudsdale looks like a heaping mass of tumors.
>>
>>27257922
which pokemon? when did they show us an object pokemon?
>>
Mudsdale is my favorite of the new Pokemon revealed today. Really cool to have a super strong horse Pokemon with a pretty damn good ability.
>One Kick Rick in Pokemon SUMO

Still not sold on Bewear. Just looks really fucking weird standing up at 6 feet tall

Mimikyu is fucking amazing.

The others are Mons I probably wont use. The lei Pokemon's ability is super interesting
>>
Wimpod and Mimikyu are pretty neat. Mudsdale is my new favorite Pokemon personally.

Kinda hoping Wimpod evolves into something really angry and bold-- like a polar opposite. Maybe similar to Armaldo but hopefully it doesn't suck as bad.
>>
File: 1180483209858.png (144KB, 285x255px) Image search: [Google]
1180483209858.png
144KB, 285x255px
Official, objective, undeniable rankings coming through
1. Horse
2. Pikachu mimic thing
POWER GAP
10. Horseshoe crab
POWER GAP
100. Aloha
101. Diaper fruit
102. Bear

I've never played Pokemon before but I like looking at some of their designs. I feel bad for you guys, most of what's been shown off for the new games have looked pretty awful so far.
>>
File: k15947483.jpg (41KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
k15947483.jpg
41KB, 450x320px
Im finding myself very attracted to mimikyu
Sexually attracted
Im considering making a mimikyu doll (which shouldnt be difficult), cutting a whole in its whore face, and skull fucking the little bitch
Help me, I don't want to go down this path
>>
>>27252016
>The trilobite/isopod

It's a Horseshoe crab
>>
4/6 for me
Don't like the bear and horse
>>
>>27258690
Do it, record and post it also.

Trust me, you'll feel better afterwards.
>>
>>27251950
4/6 at the moment. Horse is kinda growing on me but the rabid haters and lovers are dooming it to be forgotten by me. The lei is Klefki all over again. Kinda liked Klefki but for some reason the lei isn't doing the same things for me.
>>
>>27251950
HATE Comfey and Bewear but I love everything else. I have a lot of high expectations for sun and moon
>>
>>27258179
Fairies in dozens of cultures have always had a bond with flowers, and nature in general. Some stories talk about fairies living in flowers. I'm surprised they havn't made a fairy type with mushrooms in it's design, to link into Fairy Rings
>>
>2x resist: None
>4x resist: Bug
>2x weak: Ghost, Steel
>4x weak: None
>Immune: Normal, Fighting, Dragon
>STABs effective against: Ghost, Psychic, Dark, Dragon, Fighting

Please don't have a shit move pool freaky little ghost fella
>>
>>27256882
That makes it worse
>>
To those complaining about Bounsweet, does knowing about its backstory improve your opinion/score of it?
>>
>>27252038
shit taste
>>
File: image.png (139KB, 625x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139KB, 625x586px
>>27252033
Bewear is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>27259598
Mimikyu makes me think of a broken whore, whos ashamed of what she just did and is trying to fix her whorish makeup while having a mental breakdown.
>>
>>27251950
5/6 or 4/6 for me, fuck Beware and still don't know how I feel about Comfey
>>
File: image.gif (809KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
809KB, 500x375px
> Bounsweet
It's cute, I'm neutral. I would try one on my team.
> Bewear
The color scheme was an interesting choice, but the backstory is really funny and I like the pun name.
> Wimpod
It's unique, we haven't really had anything like it before.
> Mudsdale
I was hoping we'd get at least one new horse. The typing and design are unexpected, I can appreciate that.
> Mimikyu
I'm automatically a sucker for ghost type. I love this one, my favorite for this generation so far. Another near backstory, too.
> Comfey
Another favorite, I like that it resembles a Hawaiian lei. I can't believe there hasn't been any fan art or Fakemon based on the same thing, given what this region is based on.

Overall rating of this gen so far: bretty gud
>>
File: 1400276944659.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1400276944659.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
>>27259057
>Horse is kinda growing on me but the rabid haters and lovers are dooming it to be forgotten by me.
Popplio and Mudsdale are my favorite two Alola mons so far. Can confirm that this is hell.
>>
>>27259850
>near
neat
>>
>>27251950
I like them all, save for the bear. I mean, I like its theme and all, but I find its appearance meh af. Plus, I keep having rape dreams about it which I don't think is healthy.
>>
>>27252075
You must be 18 years or older to post on 4skin.
>>
>berry
ok

>beware
good concept, retarded execution

>horseshoe crab
finally, a horseshoe crab. Good ability, decent design

>horse
looks good to me

>mimichu
fantastic design, ability, typing. Well done GF

>comfey
neat, could have been fucking stupid but the design is good enough
>>
>>27251950
>Cherrim baby
Eh, I'll wait for more information.
>Bewear
Red panda looks better in 3D, I still hope there's a pre-evolution that looks more normal.
>inb4 Bug/Flying
I hope they've learned their mistake and keep it water. looks ugly/creepy though.
>Another Horse
eh
>another pikachu clone
eh
>another klefki
eh
>>
>>27251950
>Bounseed
Oh, do they mean Cherubi?
>>
The fruit is a shitmon
I'm okay with the bear, funnily enough
Bug thing has evo potential
The horse is fucking hideous
Mimichu is alright
Flower thing has evo potential, expecting another flower waifu
>>
>>27251950
As pokemon designs, they fit right in. Personal preference cinsidered, I quite like the bear, ghost cloth and rasta horse. The silverfish could evolve into something interesting, but the other two seem average.
>>
I love Comfey! I love how it's floral lei for Hawaii.
Bounsweet is too much like Cherrim, but I'm sure it'll evolve into something pretty cool. Horse is weird.
>>
>>27259850

We have the same opinions pretty much!
>>
>>27251950
I love Mimikyu since the CoroCoro reveal. Rest are either shit (Bewear) or forgettable to me.
>>
4.5/6
Not entirely sold on the horse
Bewear is fucking stupid
>>
I don't think there's a single Pokemon this gen I actually like. These are all shit.
>>
>>27251950

>Bounsweet
We've had Cherubi before so I'm ehh on the design, and its abilities don't seem very useful. 1/6.

>Bewear
Nice name. I really kinda dislike the design, but it makes sense since it's supposed to be some kind of teddy bear. Fluffy might end up making this a viable Pokémon, but it has a lot of common weaknesses. 2/6, starting to warm up to it.

>Comfey
Design is nice, the execution is nice. Triage could make it a valuable asset in doubles. 3/6

>Mudsdale
I don't know why all the hate. It's a good design, good background, pretty fucking amazing ability, to boot. If the description translates into base stats we're gonna have a pretty strong physical threat. 6/6, my favorite introduced today.

>Mimikyu
Thank god they kept the Japanese name, since it was perfect as is. Design and backstory are 10/10 for me, but it looks like it's gonna be a rather weak 'mon. Which is good, because automatic Sub has the potential to be broken with Sash and set-up moves, which Ghosts ALWAYS seem to carry.

>Wimpod
Another very solid design, as is becoming the norm for Sun and Moon. Built in Eject Button could make Wimpod an interesting momentum Pokémon, but it's hard to say without knowing stats and whatnot. 4/6.
>>
>>27267081
>Wimpod
>Mimikyuu
>shit
it sounds to me like you are the one with shit taste there, friend
>>
I hate the bear, I wish Klefki 2 didn't exist, but the rest are fine. The berry looks shit, but it might look fine once evolved.
I really like the horse. Probably my favourite of the gen behind Vikavolt.
>>
You know, im starting to think that if god proved himself real somehow and made a pokemon, people on 4chan would still call it shit
>>
>>27251950
5/6 don't care for the flower one, but I guess it's appropriate. Bewear and Mimikyu are my favorites.
>>
>>27268147
God doesn't work at Gamefreak so he'd probably design a pretty good Pokemon.
>>
5/6, all have shit designs on paper but look great in 3D

Bounsweet is just cherrim's mid stage evo and doesn't need to exist
>>
>>27252635
>flower crown
okay, are you retarded?
>>
>>27258279
Comfey is a lei like how Klefki is a keychain
>>
>>27251950
bewear im a little iffy on i dont really get the concept
>>
>>27251950
2/6. Horseshoe crab and ghost are the only ones i liked. Horse is middle ground, ok but not liked.
>>
>>27251950
I don't know how anyone can hate the bear.
>>
>>27251950
5/6. Not a fan of the cherry, and there's 3 mons revealed so far I wouldn't consider putting on a team.
Gen 7 is looking pretty good so far
>>
I'm cool with everything except bewear. It looks like a dumb animal you'd get in a pack of stickers full of rip off anime mascots you bought at spencers.

It honestly reminds me of the rabbit from those old shitty gamestop commercials for some reason.
>>
All except ghost Pikachu. Guess they had to fit another clone shitmon somehow.
>>
Bounsweet is pretty lackluster as is, although it's flavor text is adorably tragic. It's evolution will probably be cool but ultimately something I completely pass over
Bewear is like... a swirling cocktail of emotions for me. I can't decide my feelings on it. Like I want to hate it but I can't, and I want to like it but I can't.
Wimpod is a solid design, can't wait to see evolutions
Mudsdale is pretty solid and I really don't get the controversy. At first when I saw it I thought it was a bit goofy, but actually looking at it, it's solid. It's simple but still detailed, it doesn't have overly unrealistic details, it's good. People seem to be way too picky with horse Pokemon though because this always happens with horse Pokemon
Mimikyu is probably my favorite Pokemon of the gen but I fear he's going to have shitty stats or not evolve
Comfey, I could really do without. Maybe if the flowers trailed behind like they were on a string, I'd like it more. But the straight up wheel of flowers is just bleh. And the fairy itself is pretty generic looking. And I don't like the name, it would work if they spelled it different like Comfei or Comfae, but as it is it's just going to be pronounced the same as "comfy" and also, what part of it, thematically, is supposed to represent comfort?
>>
>>27251950
>Bounsweet
Shit tier Cherrim clone. Completely forgettable

>Bewear
Absolute Garbage

>Wimpod
Really cool

>Mudsdale
I got some issues with the design but it's passable

>Mimikyu
Pretty cool

>COmfey
Another shitty one-off gimmick pokémon

3/6
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.