[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I grow up out of Pokémon? I've been in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: gth.png (56KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
gth.png
56KB, 393x500px
Why can't I grow up out of Pokémon?
I've been in this for too long now, I've come out of all my vices and manage to not come back, but this franchise keeps pulling me back in. Why? How the fuck do they do that? Is this like you too?
>>
You are autistic.
>>
I left the series for about a year after XY because I was all Pokemon'd out but as soon as the SM logos leaked I was right back here.
>>
>>27244823
Because you've spent so much time with Pokemon. Leaving it behind feels like you're abandoning years of your life, as well as a part of your own identity.
>>
>>27244985
This is exactly what I fell about leaving it. I'm almost 28, married, have my own house and life and shit, but this fucking game is with me since I was 8... So...I've lost the track of where my personality ends and pokemons starts.
>>
>>27244985
Makes sense since I've been with this for so long but
>Identity
It's weird since I keep it to myself
>>27244853
Exactly, something just turns off and stops caring about this suddenly but then I'm right back at it
>>
>>27245186
Right there with you. Sometimes I don't care about it at all, sometimes it's all I think about. Off and on for years.
>>
>>27244823
Why would I want to drop it after 17 years?
>>
>>27245186
I'm talking about how you self-identify, not about how you identify with others.

It's not a dismal situation. Just build on top of your history with Pokemon. Pick up other hobbies and, more importantly, responsibilities. Set goals for yourself. If you really want to distance yourself from Pokemon, it will eventually happen. But keep in mind it will always have its place with you, and that's okay.

If you really want to force yourself to get your shit together, have a kid.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1136x640px
Honestly who cares? Growing out of something isn't a given. It's not even about growing up, it's just about gradually losing interest in something. So you're 28 and play Pokemon. There are 45 year olds that obsess over MLP. Just enjoy what you enjoy and love your life. Whatever anybody else thinks doesn't matter. Now go catch em all OP, you autistic fuck.
>>
>>27245174
That's just culture you consume in general, as well as the effects of other outside stimuli like friends and media. A lot of humor I attribute to various comedians, shows, video games, etc, and humor is what I consider to define a lot of my personality.

With Pokemon, it's more encyclopedic knowledge than humor or personality, of course. But there's no real limit to how much you can learn, so that isn't a real issue. What you might feel is guilt for learning so much about a piece of fiction in the first place, but you shouldn't. People have gotten lost in fiction for millenia.
>>
File: cool.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
cool.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>27245375
Thanks anon, your post pretty much hit me in the spot I needed
>>27245411
I don't want to and I honestly don't care what people think about my interests. I just wanted to figure out what the fuck is going on
>>
>>27245544
Sure thing bid. The biggest mistake you could make is to try to force yourself to forget Pokemon, though, or cut it cold turkey. That's an unrealistic and even harmful decision.

Just try to fill your life with other pursuits you desire, to the point that Pokemon isn't everything for you.
>>
Good monster designs are what keep me interested. I think you shouldn't feel bad for what you like so long as it makes you happy, just dont let it absorb you, pokemon for me is a huge inspiration in making music and designing characters.
>>
File: 1.png (121KB, 635x532px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
121KB, 635x532px
I haven't touched a Pokemon game since completing AS (which took weeks because I could hardly bring myself to play it), yet I browse here every day and am hype for S/M info. Each time new mons are revealed it's like disappointment roulette.
>>
>>27245737
I can relate. Pokemon was one of my major artistic inspirations in drawing and writing, acting as a starting place from which I advanced from (though I'll still contribute to the community on the occasion that inspiration strikes).
>>
>>27244823
>>27244829
This. Autism is lifelong and this entire board has it.
>>
>>27245802
tempting
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.