[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you like and/or play pokemon go you are in league

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: iu.png (328KB, 765x422px) Image search: [Google]
iu.png
328KB, 765x422px
Reminder that if you like and/or play pokemon go you are in league with the normalfags and not a true fan to pokemon. Pokemon GO ruined pokemon and panders to normalfags snd their facebooks. How some of you condone this and still call yourselves 4channers baffles me.
>>
>>27243043
I play Pokemon go occasionally but the mainline games are 10000000000000000000000 times better
>>
lol fuck popular things right haha
>>
File: 10318.jpg (8KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
10318.jpg
8KB, 256x192px
>>27243043
>4channers
STOP THIS
>>
>>27243696
This desu senpai
>>
File: 1451572516951.png (427KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1451572516951.png
427KB, 546x700px
>>27244517
>>27243696
>>
I don't understand how pokemon fans could hate go, its the closest we've ever come to having real pokemon. Think about it, there was that stampede in washington cause a vaporeon appeared in a park. A rare pokemon was spotted so hordes of people rushed to try and catch it. Thats a thing that happened in real life, how cool is that? You can just be walking down the street and hear normal people saying things like "i was walking home and saw a ponyta, took like 5 pokeballs but i got it". That shits crazy. And its introducing more people to the great franchise we all love, how could that be bad? GO is kickass and is as close to letting us become real pokemon trainers as we can, so whats the problem?
>>
>>27244725
This. It's a dream come true.
>>
File: wat 2.gif (119KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
wat 2.gif
119KB, 250x176px
>>27243043
>>
File: P5yrpjql.jpg (45KB, 541x640px) Image search: [Google]
P5yrpjql.jpg
45KB, 541x640px
>>27243043
>IF YOU LIKE THIS POKEMON GAME, YOU ARE NO TRUE SCOTSMAN
>>
>not being a normie that also enjoys everything Pokémon has to offer, both mainline games and Go
>>
File: dratini_skate.jpg (177KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dratini_skate.jpg
177KB, 675x1200px
>>27244725
Exactly my feeling. Watching people gather in the local park and trade tips, give advice, and show of their Pokemon is hilariously heartwarming.

There's a spot where 4 Stops intersect on the shores of a lake that's home to a few Dratini and enough Magikarp to make a Gyarados in two visits. 20somethings are casually coaching middle schoolers, and there's a 50 year old guy who lives on the edge of the property and keeps stopping by to ask if his captures are rare. Fucker has Porygon and Dragonair from early morning walks. There's even rumors that a Snorlax sometimes shows up in the middle of the night at the park entrance, but I've yet to check myself.

That paragraph above is about real life, outside, interacting with others, and it's magical.
>>
>>27244725
>>27245522
Both of these.

This may be the closest you will ever come to being an irl pokemon trainer OP, even if catching pokemon and battling are somewhat barebones.
>>
>>27244725
>>27245522
Okay so I capture a Pokemon I see through my camera after throwing Pokeballs. What then? Can I level them up, choose attacks, give them ítems? At least can I fight other trainers around? Or is it just a picture in a list.
>>
File: 1466086949633.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1466086949633.png
146KB, 554x439px
>>27243043
>In league of normals
>Not true fan of franchise for children

I'm okay with this, while you still struggle with social anxiety.
>>
exactly
>>
cant play it, might borrow my brothers phone to try

sounds like a good excuse to get off my fat ass and get some exercise, i have not been outside for weeks and im not gonna cry about other people having fun

my only concern about it is how bad the microtransactions are, i have money and im fairly weak wileld in that way and i just stock up without giving a fuck
>>
>>27246211
catch pokemon, level it up by catching more of any pokemon in its evolutionary chain, conquer gyms with strong pokemon.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>
>>27246211
They're going to implement trainer battles and trading in a future update but as of right now no you battle at gyms and that's it (My only dislike of the game as well. I wish you could at least battle to catch a pokemon but I guess that takes away the "go" aspect a bit.
Think of it more like a real life safari zone that takes up the whole world for now.
>>
File: 200px-Red_Slowbro_PM.png (26KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Red_Slowbro_PM.png
26KB, 200x253px
>>27244725
>And its introducing more people to the great franchise we all love, how could that be bad?
Because most of these people aren't being "introduced", these are people who abandoned the franchise in the first place once they outgrew it, and are only playing now because it's trendy, and on a phone. These people wouldn't be caught dead playing an actual Pokemon game on a 3DS.
All this trend has spawned is cringe-worthy faux-fanaticism. Watch, the moment the drop Gen 3 Pokemon, if not Gen 2 Pokemon, everyone who is 'having such a great time' now will uninstall the game in disgust, because it no longer panders to their nostalgia.
>>
>>27243043
As long as nobody pays for the microtransactions, I don't see the problem.
>>
how close do I have to be to the shaking grass before it becomes a pokemon?
>>
>>27244725
I can't wait until they integrate go and the main games. I would take my 3dd out of the house if there was a go feature
>>
>>27246646
kys
>>
>>27246661
It's better than bike simulator, you tasteless shit.
>>
File: No True Scotsman.png (305KB, 879x559px) Image search: [Google]
No True Scotsman.png
305KB, 879x559px
>>27243043
>>
>>27243043
(You)
>>
>>27246707
what do the flower petals mean?
>>
Give it a month and it will go back to normal.
>>
>>27246839
someone placed a lure
>>
>>27243043
>normies

go back to r9k, most pokemon fans grew ip to be "normies". asocial faggots dont have claim on a franchise.
>>
>>27243043
and the bad thing is....?
>>
if you'll allow me to wax poetic, here's my problem with GO

Its merely a skin. A shell of a dear old franchise most of us know and love. The terms by which this is considered to be a "pokemon game", as opposed to juts a "Pokemon" game, dance on the threshhold of an age old fear: The future of portable gaming in regards to the booming mobile gaming industry

With both mobile app games and portable handheld consoles, there exist problems. Cartridges get lost, data plans exceed their capacity, battery life, etc. As a consumer the very subtle debate exists between whether or not to have both the latest phone AND the latest handheld, or one over the other, and which.

With GO the promotion seems to be nauseatingly high and self-aware. Its a Google app, based on Google technology. Google pretty much lies at the base of the mainstream internet culture, thanks to Siri, and Google Maps GPS.

Its hard to not imagine a Google product not selling this well, and being this heavily embraced by the people in the midst of this mass encounter with the information age, the technological era. Especially when you factor in Pikachu.

My problem isn't with Pokemon, Google, or Nintendo. As always, its coattailing and dickriding that I can't stand.

I look forward to getting a new phone in the fall, but I'm also looking forward to pre-ordering Sun and Moon. As a budget gamer, I cannot simply rush out and buy the latest gadget to run the latest app. and as someone who's done the same dance with consoles for a decade now, I refuse to bend to an app that will most likely be a thing of the past come American Handegg season...
>>
>>27243043
>panders to normalfags
Why don't normies sperg out over Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Clefairy, and Clefable being Fairy type?
>>
So many of you have such a problem with people enjoying something. Pokemon isn't yours, people can play and enjoy what they want, if you feel GO has 'Ruined' Pokemon for you, you are pathetic.

GO is fun, it gets Pokemon out there again, who cares if it's a fad, who cares if people are playing it but don't know much about Pokemon WHO FUCKING CARES?!
No one cares if you have a problem with it, no one cares that you don't like it, no one cares if it's 'ruined' for you.

NO ONE IS MAKING YOU PLAY IT.

Stop making these attention seeking threads as if everyone needs to listen to your whiny complaints.
>>
>>27243043
>minority of fanbase
>claims to be true fan

Delicious tears, mate. Why do you even care? Just play your real games and be happy.
>>
I like opening it up when I go on a walk. It's definitely not a substitute to the main games, but i like adding new Pokemon to my Pokedex.
>>
>>27246433
because nobody gives two fucks about some shitty autistic jrpg everybody just wants to collect things and have fun together.
>>
Pokemon RBY is the 20th best selling game of all time. If we were to ignore everything released after 2000, it would be the 4th best selling game of all time.

How the fuck is Pokemon not already normie
>>
>>27243043
Well then, revoke my fancard
>>
These threads are proof that /r9k/-type people don't actually want to be normal or popular. They just want "muh secret club" while still having some vague enemy to bitch about.
>>
>>27248463
And lose all membership privileges? Are you daft?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.