[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I recently bought a New 3DS, and I haven't played Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: NewN3DSXL_black.jpg (98KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NewN3DSXL_black.jpg
98KB, 1000x1000px
So, I recently bought a New 3DS, and I haven't played Pokemon since Gen 4, should I play Gen 5, or can I just skip to Gen 6? I'm really interested in 6. 5 didn't interest me much, but I'm unsure if I should play it or just skip to 6.
>>
>>27242800
play XY then BW2. ORAS isn't worth it unless you want Deoxys or haven't played gen 3.
>>
>>27242815
Why BW2 and not 1 first?
>>
>>27242899
because BW1 sucks and you don't need to play it to understand the plot of BW2.
>>
Play gen 6 while it's still "new"

Besides, if you bought a 3DS you may as well play a 3DS game straight away
>>
>>27242800
Play ORAS for the definitive gen 6 experience.
X and Y are outdated and obsolete, the only reason you would play it is for the terrible story.

Then play Black and White 2.
>>
>>27242899
ignore >>27242940
You should DEFINITELY play BW before B2W2. B2W2 is a direct sequel, after all.

I played a little of Black, then jumped to Y, but after that, I played all of Gen 5 and really enjoyed it.

And yeah, you can skip ORAS, though it has some of the best mechanics. It's just an easy, boring game, especially if you've played Gen 3 before.
>>
If you get Gen5 you can transfer your pokes from Gen4 to SM when they come out without using Gen6
If you buy Gen6, you'll still need Gen5 to transfer
>>
>>27242995
>You should DEFINITELY play BW before B2W2. B2W2 is a direct sequel, after all.
There's no reason to play it other than the story and even then you don't need it as BW2 already explains everything, everything else content wise is in Black and White 2 plus more.

Same deal with ORAS and XY, everything in XY is in ORAS plus more.
>>
>>27242800
mod it for SNES games
>>
OH! OP, you might want to consider hacking your 3DS before playing any games.
If you do, absolutely every data saved on it will be erased, which is why you should do it before playing anything
If you do hack, you can download free hacks online and play them on your 3DS, like BlazeBlack/VoltWhite 1 and 2, or updated version of Pokemon Yellow

>>27243079
This
The only real reason to play BW first is so you get the bonuses for BW2, but if you have a friend that's already completed BW1, that's not necessary
>>
File: 1332287375485.jpg (207KB, 1276x803px) Image search: [Google]
1332287375485.jpg
207KB, 1276x803px
Same boat as OP, but I haven't bought a nintendo yet. Should I get a 3DS or 2DS? I don't care about the 3D.

Last Pokemon game I played was HeartGold, played everything up to that point. Is Gengar still meta? He was my bro
>>
>>27242995
another reason to get BW is that it gives you a fresh start. No old pokes until post-game.

when you get to BW2, you can even get that Dream Radar game to get the Therian formes if you feel like it. its only 7 bucks for an interactive tech demo game.
>>
>>27243209
I agree
>>
>>27242800
Play BW and BW2, they are my personal favourite in the franchise. Gen 6 is okay but not nearly as good, so play it after.
>>
>>27243263
I'd say 3DS if you were a fan of the older DS systems. I owned a 3DS XL and later sold and upgraded to the New 3DS XL but have never used the 3D for more than a few minutes since buying it. Brother owns a 2DS and I find it awkward to hold, personally.

Gengar is still meta, he's awesome.
>>
>>27243263
Might as well get an N3DS at this point.
And yes, Gengar is still good.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 1024x576px
>>27242800
Play bw2 and x and y or oras. Then get sun and moon when it comes out
>>
>>27243263
A 2ds if you don't care about 3D. It's only 80 bucks
>>
BW2 are my favourite games in the series, but I'm a fan of pretty much every instalment. I'd say start with Gen 5 as it has a fantastic soundtrack and an awesome Pokédex, but you could start with BW2 as it integrates some elements of the older Pokédex, all around an awesome game. Then play XY and ORAS (both great games in my opinion, but Hoenn was my favourite region until Unova.)
>>
>>27243270
This 1000x.
>>
I got a 3ds on sunday, so far I think I prefer ORAS to BW

you wanna friend me so we can trade low level mons? I got the ruby version
>>
>>27243209
>like BlazeBlack/VoltWhite 1 and 2

? I have a hacked 3ds and to my knowledge you can't play ds games without buying a flashcart.
>>
>>27243263
do you care about screen size though? i always thought that was important
>>
>>27243432
well yes, of course you'd have to load the file onto something, right?
you can find files on 3dsiso.com
I'm sure there are more sites like it though
>>
Gen VI is almost a reboot
>>
>>27243476
Aren't DS games very low res?
>>
>>27243558
You can play 3ds and gba games for free without buying anything new, except maybe a bigger SD card, but for DS games, you have to buy something called a flashcart.
>>
>>27243570
yeah, but its best not to use it as a 1DS-dependant handheld. even if you do that "scale down" feature
>>
>>27243637
>1DS
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>27243675
sorry, i meant DS1
>>
>>27242972
Well, currently, I'm going through Xenoblade 3D on it, as Xenoblade is one of my favorite games of all time, it's what made me want to buy the New 3DS.
>>
>>27243432
nDS flashcarts for the DS are cheap as hell these days.

15 bucks or so for ones that work even on unhacked 3ds systems and even cheaper once you hack it and put a custom firmware that'll enable banned carts.
>>
>>27243147
this, also GBA and GBC perfect emulation
>>
>>27242815
Your mommy isn't worth it either, but your fatass dad sacrificed itself, didn't it?!
>>
Play D/P. Then Platinum. Then HG/SS. Then B/W. Then B2/W2. Then X/Y. Then OR/AS. You'll notice the upgrades and variation.
>>
>>27244418
>buying flashcarts
>being a fucking normiecasualfag
Disgusting. Die.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.