[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a 'good' postgame look like for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

What would a 'good' postgame look like for you? Phoebe not related.
>>
What's sableye doing with that garlic? Isn't that bad for ghosts?
>>
File: 1433742666413.jpg (11KB, 254x240px) Image search: [Google]
1433742666413.jpg
11KB, 254x240px
>image of a lewd pokegirl
>artist puts a pokemon on the side because lolsofunnee

I've seen this happen too much
>>
1. Online ladders that aren't shit. 3v3 and 6v6 singles, 4v4 doubles. Mega stones should be banned from ranked play just like box legends and soul dew. I don't want smogon rules but fuck man, megas basically ruined the fun of playing online in XY.

2. A battle tower that isn't dogshit. I liked the one in BW2 the most

3. PWT, that was a great fucking idea and I have no idea why they ditched it. Bring back all of the old gym leaders and E4.

4. Battle factory. Most of the frontier in Emerald was shit but the battle factory was the coolest fucking facility. They should add that with a mulitplayer option as well.

5. Do secret bases but not like in ORAS, instead they should be quasi-instanced like those islands in ORAS, it'd be like your own private island that you could design, then you could design a gym there, recruit NPC trainers to fight with pokemon you gift to them there, the pokemon would level up and evolve over time, and the trainers would get xp as well to let them hold more pokemon. Your 'leader' NPC would fight with your battle box pokemon.
>>
>Good postgame
>Not related to Phoebe

But that's wrong
>>
>>27242512
That's a clam fuck for brain
>>
>>27242548
What, you haven't had a cat or some shit walk in to the room when you were banging a girl before? Just ignore it, it's an animal.
>>
A battle area that has different battle facilities with different and unique challenges.
Updated teams for every battleable NPC in the game for rematches.
Extra areas to explore and find older Pokémon.
Other types of side game content such as contests, Pokéathlon, or PokéStar Studios.
Maybe some post-game story for storyfags, but the ones above would be ideal. Basically the best of every good game in the series.
>>
>>27242588
>I have no idea why they ditched it.
But Anon! Then BW2 wouldn't be UNIQUE!

It's fucking shitty that Game Freak just adds gimmick areas and calls it a post game.
>>
>Sableye is diving
>getting clams
>diving for clams
Is that intentional?
>>
Instead of having a postgame, why not just have a longer story mode with a level curve that puts Elite 4 pokemon in the upper 70's/lower 80's? I usually didn't bother with much of postgame and restarted my file so I could try the other starters after I won. The few times I did (BW2, X, Platinum) I wasn't particularly impressed and kinda wished I could go back to saving the world again instead of fucking around in a giant tree or searching for Heatran. It's not like I was excited about catching Heatran anyway, it's ugly and I'm not into steel types.
>>
File: firefox_2016-07-18_20-17-50.png (916KB, 569x947px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-07-18_20-17-50.png
916KB, 569x947px
>>27242548
wow that was easy
>>
File: 1414524092523.jpg (809KB, 2700x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1414524092523.jpg
809KB, 2700x3300px
>>27242994
>no feetbe gf
>>
I don't need anything too fancy, just something to do while leveling my guys up. Some routes where you can find trainers that gradually get higher leveled pokemon. Gym/E4 rematches that get gradually stronger.
>>
>>27243006
ok im a foot fag but this is just weird
>>
>>27242588
>Mega stones should be banned from ranked play
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>27243017
you mean better

>>27242884
How could you possibly pace a pokemon game to end in the lower 80's?
>>
>>27242425
The one from platinum
>>
>>27243051
by having more things to do. did you know that it is possible for them to create a region with more than 8 gyms?
>>
>>27242425
Battle Frontier, Maison, Sevii Island, Delta Episode, Looker Episode, COMBINED
>>
White Treehollow and PWT were pretty good for a postgame.
>>
>>27243067
Maison is literally just Battle Tower but not as tall
>>
>>27243021
(most) megas are manageable in 6v6 but in 3v3 the custom is to have at least two pokemon that could be megas in your 6 you pick from so the enemy basically has to guess which mega you're bringing and prepare for it accordingly. Guess wrong? Chances are you just instalose, or instawin if they don't have a counter for theirs.

Before I got fed up and quit playing XY ladder literally every game was either Mgar, M-Blaziken or Megamom. ORAS came and MMence came onto the scene too. There's a reason that the top 10 at VGC are using more similar teams than ever before. It's megas, period. They just aren't balanced for competitive play and their presence takes more variety out of the scene than it brings in. Like legends, it's fine if you want to do friendlies or whatever with them but they cheapen the entire competitive experience.
>>
>Battle facility with 5 or more unique rules
>Something like the Battle Pyramid included

>Delta episode-like post game story
>Preferably not about a legendary but maybe something like admins of the evil team going rogue and hatching their own plans
>>
>>27243120
Fair point, I play only doubles where most megas are more manageable, and somehow forgot that the majority of people play singles, where megas are probably a lot worse.
>>
>>27243062
Why? What would be added to the game by raising the number of gyms that couldnt just be done with a post game battle a that town as well?
>>
>>27243149
IMO they're a malicious influence even in doubles, but doubles is so much faster paced that it's not as noticeable. They still have a major effect on team composition in terms of making a LOT of marginal pokemon flat out unviable.

I personally prefer 6v6 singles but I can't even enjoy that anymore since there is no ingame ladder, unranked is just nothing but kids with 6 legends and showdown is mostly smogon rules, some of which are good and others which are ba.
>>
>>27242994
You're cropping the good stuff anon.
>>
>>27242425
A Good Postgame:
Pokemon Crystal:
Battle Tower + A Second region to explore.
>>
>>27243006
I'm a footfag but anything giantess does it all wrong, what a shit fetish
>>
>>27242512
>garlic
>ghosts
What is a vampire
>>
Emerald's Battle Frontier, but with the Platinum Battle Castle rules replacing those of the Battle Palace. Pokéathlon and the Sinnoh Underground, too.

Basically content that's repeatable infinitely. I don't consider something like the Delta Episode or legendary Pokémon postgame content because you can only play/catch them once per save.
>>
Another region after E4.
All trainers scale to your level.
Full 6 Pokemon teams.
Equal amount of singles, doubles, triples, and rotations.

Instanced tournaments, where you submit a team to the WiFi servers, and they're randomly downloaded onto anyone's game and used by the AI. Second region's Pokemon league is a single elimination 64 pool tournament, not an E4.
If your team wins a tournament in someone else's game, you get mystery gifted some kind of prize e.g. Master Balls, BP, etc.
>>
>>27244642
*64 seed tournament
>>
File: 1435941068279.png (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435941068279.png
83KB, 500x500px
>>27242425
Some kind of game corner. It's not really gambling if you have some sort of guaranteed payout, so give us a couple different games that you pay maybe 100-500 pokebucks for a play and give a payout of say, maybe a few poke balls of varying types.

A battle facility that doesn't throw perfect pokemon and hax at you left and right. It's not fun if i have to resort to using pokemon I hate and use the same strategy fight after fight, make it possible to use most things.

Add an option to have a few different types of battles online, including Inverse and Sky. Maybe grant a tiny bit of BP for winning an online battle, even something like 1BP, as it'll give people more reason to battle their friends.

Just a few things could go a long way.
>>
>>27242425
>related
>not related
Kill yourself reddit
>>
>>27242512
That's a scallop you spoon.
>>
ay you know that phoebe might be unrelated to the topic but you can keep postin them pokegirls while you guys talk amongst yourselves
>>
>>27242548
>I wanna make it noticeable that she's actually a pokemon girl, not just an anime generic nude
>gets criticized for it
>>
>>27242425
Things that give me a reason to open the game again after the credits roll. and not just for one final time to finish the plot threads.

-Battle Frontier + buildings for things like Inverse, Triple, Rotation battles and the rest. And whatever I'm forgetting that Platinum's Frontier had. Make it a big area to explore.
-PWT comes back too
-Secret Bases become a standard feature in every game
-You also get a house like the Villa in the Platinum endgame to decorate and have NPC interactions now and then
-Sinnoh Underground minigames come back
-Contests, Pokestar Studios, Musicals, and the minigames for Poffins/Pokeblocks come back
-Pokeathalon too
-Join Avenue if they can find a way to make that work, along with the endgame dungeon and dive ruins from B2W2, only thematically appropriate
-Every Trainer in the game can be rematched and have stronger teams
-Extra routes to explore and things to find/do/Pokes to catch
-Sevii Islands-like area
-A fucking Game Corner

It doesn't have to be all of this but fuck, Gen 6 as a whole is just barren of reasons to even bother finishing because the ONLY postgame is Hax Maison and 'Mence: the Battling Experience. There's no reason to open the game unless I have a reason to play Bike Simulator and that's just not the case with the other games. There's nothing to keep me playing and that's why people complain that there's no postgame in ORAS/XY. The Delta episode/Looker Quests were neat but once they're over there's just nothing.

>>27242884
Some people like having a reason to open the game again after the credits roll.
>>
>>27242425
Recruiting members for a Team, or taking apart a Team. That sort of thing.
>>
>>27242425

>new big areas to explore
>introduce more minigames to distract yourself with in the postgame
>maybe add another set of gym leaders that are more strrategic based instead of type based, like a gym leader that focuses on stalling and a gym leader that focuses on status and passive moves to set up a sweep.
>introduce a tournament like thing, similar to the anime
>more lore throw readable and re-readables
>>
File: 1394060132238.jpg (247KB, 612x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1394060132238.jpg
247KB, 612x1280px
>Gym leader rematches.
>Large battle facilities, such as Emerald, Platinum, etc.
>Mini-/Side-games such as contests, pokeathlon, pokestar studios, etc.
>high-end postgame dungeons like Unknown Dungeon, Mt. Silver, etc.
>Some sort of town/base management sim in the vein of Join Ave
Also, a way to quickly and easily create semi-competitive teams so you can keep things fresh and try new strategies without having to play biking simulator for 14 hours or just injecting it :^)

It's honestly not that much. I'm not asking them to bring back EVERY postgame feature from EVERY game. Just the main ones that were exciting and good timesinks.
>>
-extra areas and sidequests
-more pokemon to catch
-Some sort of endless battle type mode, preferable Frontier tier.

While postgame content is cool, the REAL postgame is always going to involve interacting with other players, and I have a feeling they're going to try and emphasize that more and more, especially with the success of Go.
>>
One where I get to fuck Phoebe.
>>
>>27245415
PWT could just be a tier in the Battle Dome.
>>
>>27242425
The Gold & Silver post game. Being able to go to another region and battle those trainers and Gym Leaders
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.