[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me one good, authentic reason why you don't/you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 9

File: pg.jpg (122KB, 830x466px) Image search: [Google]
pg.jpg
122KB, 830x466px
give me one good, authentic reason why you don't/you're not playing pokemon go
>>
>>27241306
My phone is recharging
>>
>>27241306
My phone keeps crashing when i open the app.
My phone is shit.
>>
I don't have or desire to have a smartphone
>>
I hate hot weather.
>>
doesnt work on my shitphone
>>
>>27241306
It rapes the already low amount of privacy left in your phone.
And it's not available in my country yet.
>>
Well the game hasn't worked for 4 days. Is that a good reason not to play? I'm not talking about their shirts severs either.
>>
It's barely a game.
>>
>>27241306
honestly, the game got boring really quickly. I quit 3 days ago after reaching level 14 , took down a couple of gyms.

The most fun thing about the game and what really kept me going was hatching eggs. That was the most rewarding part.

Then I realized that in order to be really effective in this game, you have to catch all the pidgeys and rattatas you can to get startdust until you reach a high enough level to defeat gyms. That is the most boring part. Any of the early pokemon you catch become useless really quickly, which is really against the pokemon ethos (which is about training your pokes).

The first pidgey I caught, i fully evolved, but that did not mean anything because I could catch a high cp pigeot in the wild. That ruins a lot of the game for me.

So much of this app seems like a beta, besides all the server issues and crashes (which we all condition ourselves to accepting, no one would toil with this bullshit any other way). And there really wasn't enough things to do to keep it fun.

Anyone else also stopped playing?
>>
>>27241306
My bike broke while I was playing. There were two Squirtles near me too.
>>
I don't have a cellphone.
>>
I legitimately prefer the real life outdoors to looking at my phone regularly
>>
File: villainsunited_001_deadshot.jpg (30KB, 335x255px) Image search: [Google]
villainsunited_001_deadshot.jpg
30KB, 335x255px
It did respark my interest in pokemon, but I enjoy the actual turn base and rpg elements. So I bought a 3ds, Y and HG. Guess I'm one of those normies I keep hearing about
>>
>>27241558
You forgot the part where you can't even track anymore. Removing a core function of your game just so the servers won't burn the building down; just to roll it out I 25+ countries even though you can't handle your current fanbase. Such an incompetent groups of individuals at Niantic.
>>
>>27241589
>all these faggots only going outdoors because of a watered down RBY
>there are people that don't go fishing on a regular basis
Disgusting.
>>
>>27241306
It says I need to verify my account, but if I follow the link it gives me, it tells me the sites too crowded
>>
>>27241580
that's pretty cool if it is true

>>27241589
this, the app made you addicted to your phone rather than your surroundings, pokestops were cool to notice for half a second. most of the time i didn't even look at the pokestops

>>27241614
wow, I didn't even know that. clearly they're trying to bank as quickly as possible without providing on what basically is a beta release. feel bad for all the people who actually spent money on this
>>
Not avaiable in my country.
Probably won't even work on my shitty cellphone
>>
http://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/is-pokemon-gos-success-sustainable

if anyone cares to read critically about the app
>>
Don't think it works on my Iphone 4S
>>
I just find it a little bit annoying that you need to catch so many of one Pokemon to evolve it. I liked the games where you can catch one and raise it. When I first heard of Pokemon go I was hoping I'd be able to catch a few Pokemon I really like and raise them and make them stronger. It's definitely not a bad app but I just expected something a little different
>>
>>27241306

There's a massive thunderstorm going on outside and I'm doing laundry
>>
>>27241424
Yeah I'd be worried if I were some ultra cool hacker like yourself who the government needs to spy on.
>>
>>27241306
It's not out in the Philippines ;_;
>>
decided to invest in a windows phone before go was announced
>>
>>27241306
I have not the will to live kind sir.
>>
>>27241306
old phone
>>
File: 1feel26.png (311KB, 439x456px) Image search: [Google]
1feel26.png
311KB, 439x456px
>poor
>flip phone
>>
>>27241306
It's a shit game on pretty much every level. I deleted it after an hour. Only autistic faggots like you are still playing it. I have better things to do.
>>
>>27241306
Honestly, Nintendo doesn't want me to play. I made a trainer club account ages ago and I always have problems logging in.
>>
Because it's fuckin gay play a real pokemon game you normie fagit
>>
>>27241318
This lol
>>
>>27241306
Its not officially out in my country. Also too poor to afford mobile traffic.
>>
">still playing Pokemon"
>>
Aside from I don't have a phone or plan...
Shit servers
Bugs
More grindy than an anime MMO
Literally nothing but using camera to find Pokemon and grinding for CP
>>
bland gameplay that only rewards people who invest massive amounts of time into playing rather than skill
>>
File: 1452220635112.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1452220635112.png
211KB, 327x316px
Because I'd much rather make money of the plebian fucks that play the game than play it myself.

Stay brainwashed while I sell "Pokemon GO Cheats" books.
>>
>>27241306
its not available in my country
>>
1. buggy as hell
2. already have most pokemon, all i find now are repeats
3. nothing to do except catch pokemon because gyms will always be dominated by P2Wfags/NEETs
>>
>>27241306
Not in my country yet.
>>
>>27241306
I'm level 6 and the fucking game always freezes or whatever it is
I can't check my status nor open up the pokeball, can't do shit. I restart the app, it works for a few seconds and then freezes up again
what's happening? I'm using a huawei p7, I tried with mobile data and also wifi to see if it did anything and its the same shit
Worked well the first day it came out in my country and now it seems it just doesnt

also, how do I stop google from spying my shit?
>>
>>27241558
Pretty much the same story here. I quit at level five though. It's a freemium game, not much was expected on my end. I'm just shocked that nearly everyone I know is playing it.
>>
File: yTKXxWX.jpg (78KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
yTKXxWX.jpg
78KB, 600x730px
>>27243400
This you anon?
>>
1) Pay-2-Win
2) Buggy as Hell
3) Everyone already has CP 3000+ Pokemon
4) My "city" has barely any PokeSpots
5) Pay-2-Win
6) I have had 5 EEVEEs get away from me because the fucking app keeps crashing when attempting to catch a Pokemon.
7) THE FUCKING SERVERS!
>>
>>27241306
I live in NE Georgia.
>>
>>27241306
I don't have a phone.
>>
>>27241306
My phone's recharging too
>>
>>27241306
Its not available in my country.
>>
It's got potential. All I really care about is completing the Pokedex right now because the gym system is garbage. The rewards for taking a gym and holding on to it for 21 hours is 10 coins. That's the equivalent of 14 cents.

I understand that this is how the developers are planning to encourage people to just buy coins, but for me, it just makes the whole "competitive" aspect retarded, and broken.

Playing it "seriously" as opposed to casually would be one of the most retarded things you could do.

It's also buggy as shit, and that really pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>27241306
genwuner cancer
>>
>>27242974
>implying you don't have a flip phone because you're a dealer and it's your burner
>>
It's mosquito time.
>>
>>27241306
I live in Texas so it's hot outside.
I do not like the heat.
>>
>>27244340
Yeah but you can get that reward for each gym you hold, plus you don't actually have to hold it for 21 hours. You can capture several gyms in quick succession and then cash out before any of them gets recaptured.
>>
>>27241306
im at home

it's not compatible with with any Gen 7 game yet
>>
>>27241306
I've tried it, got to level 7 and got some nice pokemon, beat a few gyms, and the like, but for me it's simply boring. Unlike the mainline games it lacks any of the charm that kept me playing pokemon these years.

I'm mean sure it's a great way to get exercise and meet new people. I'm sure myself as a child would have adored it, but as an adult I have less time to devout to a game where pokemon spawn on their own time unless I pay money or get more incense. After working at a summer camp I don't have any energy to go out around my neighborhood and try catching the same damn pokemon over and over. It's worse than fucking bike simulator. Also any of my friends that like pokemon hate the game as well and have deleted it, so no chance of playing it with them.
>>
>>27241306
Pointless. Unless it connects to the main games.
>>
>>27241306
Nothing like they made it out to be
>>
>>27244459

Even then, it would be way more cost effective to just buy coins. Considering the most you can hold at a time is 10, and it will probably take you at least an hour to capture 10 gyms.
>>
I opted to buy an iPod touch because it's almost exactly identical to an iPhone but with no 100-a-month service fees.
>>
>>27241328
this
>>
It is not available on Windows Phone.
>>
I'm a hardcore contrarian
>>
I don't care about the teams, so it got boring quick.
>>
>>27244821
It would take me a car and an entire day to even find 10 gyms.
>>
>>27244918
But it doesn't have 3g service, so you cant play anywhere that doesn't have wifi.
>>
File: PokegoTrash.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PokegoTrash.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>27241306
But i am, look.
This is ne after a long walk.
>>
>>27246711
wow your cute
>>
>>27246711
kiss me
>>
>>27241306
I dont want to fuck with my tablet with my lack of knowledge and live in buttfuck, south america
>>
>>27246711
now that is true horror, imagine waking up next to that.
>>
>>27241306
>It's a Geo-caching game, and I hate that shit
>It's incredibly boring and shallow as a game, and i would rather play an actual game,
>If I feel like playing Pokemon i would much rather play tcgo or SD
>its so shallow and boring I'd rather listen to music or a documentary when on my morning run or at the gym
>>
>>27246768
This is absolutely horrifying lol
>>
No Pokemon around me. Barely anyway
>>
>Not even a quarter of the pokemon species
>Server and game issues constantly
>Requires constant data and gps usage which eats up money and battery life
>My phone barely works properly at the best of times
>Shallow gameplay and battling
>Microtransactions
>I already have pokemon games with story and better battle mechanics
>>
I'm playing it but I understand why people would not

1. glitchy as fuck
2. servers ALWAYS down
3. sporadic GPS and internet connection means you're consistently losing pokemon in the middle of trying to catch them.
4. the game eats through even a brand new phone battery in a little under and hour
5. the best way to play is to use 4G, and you can easily use 2+ GB especially if you use your phone for other internet activities and you risk using up your allotted space for the month and charged extra.
6. The starter is worthless, and there's no point in "catching em' al" because even when you get rare or one of a kind pokemon in your region there is no way to use it because the only way to power it up efficiently is to catch a whole bunch of them. For example, I live in New Mexico and hatched a 180cp dratini from a 10km egg....what the fuck am I going to do with this thing? I'm never going to find dratini in the wild out here.

.....among other things......

pic related, its basically what I, and pretty much everyone sees on a daily basis.
>>
>>27243499

lol this. No idea how the hell people are getting 2,500cp snorlax's
>>
I tried a couple of days ago

The game keeps restarting asking me to sign in again, to the point where they are asking me to reset my Google password because the app itself keeps fucking up

i said it fuck it, and decided i really don't need it, especially since im getting Sun and Moon anyway
>>
It's not Pokemon. With only a few changes to the catching and battle systems, it would be Pokemon. But it isn't. I'm not taking away from people who enjoy it, but to me it simply isn't the franchise that I love.
>>
>>27241306
Region lock.
>>
As much as I love free games

1. My phone doesn't support it
2. I'm am not spending my shekels on a mobile game. My data is not unlimited :c
3. I played a fuck load of casual games like league of angels and eredan. This game is like that and i don't want to get sucked back in
>>
>>27241554
This. You catch the same Pokemon over and over and for what purpose? I'd rather catch one and raise it in the real game than pretend to raise one by catching a new one over and over. And then do absolutely nothing with it. Wow how fun.
>>
>>27241306
I never leave my house.
I work from home, the groceries i order online, as well as clothes and other goods i need or want and i certainly won't make an exception for this when i can catch them all on my 3ds.
>>
I don't feel like spending half of my money on upgrading my phone, then half of my money for the rest of the year upgrading my data to handle the load, then the other half of my current money to buy pokeballs.
>>
>>27241602
I'm about to do the same thing here. I hate the grinding aspect of poke go and uselessness of your starter/early pokemon.
>>
>No Nostalgia
I obsessed over gen 1 when it came to NA as a kid but I never stopped playing so I didn't have the whole "Oh my god, pokemon is back" reaction. I also miss not having all 700+ pokemon in the game
>Not Immersive
I wanted a game that had the battle system from the main games where you would only catch a small amount of pokemon and use a small team that grew as you progressed. CP, catching fully evolved mons, and repeat trade in removed that. It doesn't feel like a grand adventure in thr same way a main game does.
>Limited exclusiveness
This would have probably been shitty but I would have loved if every species only had limited geographical locations they could be in. Like sure some could be anywhere like goldeen and magikarp being in any waterway but like if you weren't in the American midwest you would never see a bouffalant. This would be one of the few times a GTS system could really shine.
>you can find a random assortment of foreign pokemon at airports, sea ports, embassies, zoos, aquariums, and pet stores
>rare items and lures that give you a slight chance of attracting one
>visiting an area outside of your home region increases wild pokemon encounter rate
Yeah its probably way too much to ask but that's what it would take for me to play Go
>>
>>27241306
it's like 2 am
>>
>feels like a watered down version of the mainline games
>have a flip phone
>get maybe 4 days off a month from work
>>
>>27247582
Time to quit that job.
But wait, next you're telling me how fucking well it pays huh?
>>
It's not released properly in my region

Can't do shit after getting. Starter
>>
I don't like the stripped down barebones "gameplay" and Pokken tier roster.
>>
>>27241306
It's just a safari zone simulator which isn't fun
>>
>>27241589
The game hasn't been released in my region yet but having to look at my phone every few seconds could be a huge bottleneck for me. That's a basically reason why I quitted Ingress after a week or so.
>>
>>27247582
No job is worth being at home for 3 days.
With that much work you either have much money but no time to spend it, or you're basically getting mugged in case it does not pay well
>>
>>27247582
>watered down of the mainline
Watered down is a fucking understatement.
>>
>>27244010
"ouch my butt": the post
>>
>>27247110
the battery thing is an exaggeration unless you really like playing on max brightness and you don't use power saver mode.

pokemon go actually uses a very low amount of data, i have no idea where you get your 2+GB figure from.

other points are relevant
>>
>>27241306
its 1:14 am
>>
>>27241306
Because I need some rest first before playing again.
>>
>>27241903
Such data is a valuable, commercial asset for a reason, anon.

Data on places you're willing to go and risks you're willing to make for a trivial goal such as catching a virtual pet can be used even to be combined with other data to make a risk profile for health insurance plans.

And of course, reach to you with directed ads.
Read this. http://donttrack.us/
>>
I'm at work
>>
I live in Japan.
>>
>>27241306
1: I enjoy the main games, and Go is basically a lite version of the Safari zone but without any sort of possibility of autistic bonding with what you catch
2. The only person I would even consider playing it with is my girlfriend, and she is currently visiting her parents.
>>
>>27241306
after 10 am until around 6 pm the heat index here is 100+F.

That's why.
>>
I haven't even launched the game yet, my Android 4.2 won't allow it.
>>
>>27241306
Well, my phone doesn't support the game itself, and I also don't care about this game. I'd much rather play pokemon Platinum.
>>
>>27247582
You work 99.99% of the time and you can't afford a decent phone?
>>
Because it won't let me log in. Anyone else getting this in Sydney?
>>
>>27241306
Because it's still not available in my awful fucking country. Kill me
>>
>>27241306
only one? it looks like shit, doesn't respect the pokemon graphical identity, it doesn't even really "play", it has less content than the original games from 20 years ago. Sorry OP, but YOU have to give us excuses for playing that embarassing rehash garbage. you are the wrong one, the shit eater, the disposable sack of shit dragging the specie down.
>>
>>27249931
How do I unread this post?
>>
>>27244122
Me too. Hiawassee
>>
App doesn't work well in my phone. Crashes all the damn time.
>>
i have an old shitty cellphone

and not enough money to get a new one
>>
I don't have a mobile
I never leave my house
>>
Oh boy this thread again.
>>
The game is just shallow and boring.

It's literally google maps with a mini game.

The game is most fun when you're out with your friends hanging out but... why would I need a game to do that.

It baffles me why the normies went so crazy over this.
>>
File: image.png (115KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115KB, 1334x750px
Can some one give me these coordinates please .

>pic related
>>
my s3 is basically obsolete :( I'm looking into an upgrade
>>
>>27250213
>I never leave my house
I didn't either before I downloaded this. Now I leave the house every day.
>>
I don't have a phone.
>>
>>27241306
Servers are shit, doesn't work on iPods and my Android sucks.
>>
File: 1338645137021.jpg (68KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1338645137021.jpg
68KB, 400x300px
>>27241306
I played it until level 21

Then the initial sense of wonder was gone. All that happened was I got mad at the servers multiple times a day, the 3 step bug is still not fixed, gyms are literally who cares except for once every 21 hours and the combat is fucking garbage.

Nevermind having to sweat in the hot summer sun for a bunch of pidgeys and rattatas or zubats.

So yeah, I don't know, I played the game, I had some fun, met some cool people and all but it's too shallow, lacks any content and has a fucking shit combat.
>>
>>27241306
I got bored of it and none of my mates play it, might be because my mates are all 35-50 (one is 74) years old though.
>>
>>27241306
my current phone flat refuses to run it and my new one hasn't arrived yet.
>>
Bored of it. I really want to be able to walk around in game. Can't they overlay the original pokemon game over a real world map with bonuses for going to specific places? I want to go into caves and hospitals and buildings etc like the original game
>>
>>27241306
It's not a real game
>>
>>27241602
>Guess I'm one of those normies
If you bought a 3DS to play the main series then you're not a normie, bro. Normies wouldn't buy a Nintendo handheld and would never touch a Pokemon game that wasn't Red/Blue
>>
>>27241306
1) Everything is 3 step
2) I have to stare at my phone as a result
3) It drains 40% charge in one hour of use
4) It must maintain focus of the phone
5) After 5 minutes, it loses GPS connection and doesn't move me to meet new pokemon or pokestops. Dunno how, google maps shows the GPS working just fine.
5) It's fucking just gen1
>>
>>27250611
Did you actually buy a new phone just for pokemon go? My phone doesn't run it either so I'm just not gonna bother. Not worth a whole new phone.
>>
>>27250679
my phone was getting old anyhow and I lucked out that my dad could get a cheap deal as part of his tv service thing
but I'm not gonna say it wasn't something of an incentive
>>
>>27241424
Haha fuck man people who are paranoid about pokemon go spying on them shouldn't own a fucking smart phone in the first place.
>>
>>27241306
Because I have a huge tablet instead of a compact smartphone. I also have no mobile data, meaning I lose my connection 3 feet from my house.

If I had a smartphone I could carry in my pocket you can bet your ass I'd be playing it, but I'm not going to walk around carrying a massive tablet for someone to snatch and run off with. I wouldn't play it while driving either because fuck people who do that.
>>
>>27250724
If it still works that's pretty wasteful even if it is a good deal.
>>
Cheaters, low amount of pokenons in my area, bugs and lags, have never even liked pokenons after I got 8-10 years old. The game is literally trash, it's alive only because of hype made by public media. It'll die if developers won't make a good anti-cheating system.
>>
>>27250606
why are you friends with a 74 year old wtf
>>
>>27241306

the constant server crashes and program bugs make the game almost entirely unplayable.
>hurr durr the devs are trying to keep up with massive demand
i understand they're doing their best, but that doesn't mean i have to keep bothering with their game if it doesn't fucking work
>>
>>27241306
because I live in a dangerous neighborhood.
>>
No time
>>
crashing every time wtf.
>>
>>27241306
It's extremely unstable and the always on requirement is bad enough without the fact your active effects still get drained while you're constantly restarting your phone.
>>
>>27241306
Too hot, to busy playing other pokemon games
>>
It's the buggiest "game" I've ever seen and on top of that it sort of requires an internet connection. Seeing as how I live in an old people town that isn't going to be easy.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.