[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets be honest, if Pokemon were real, everyone would only be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 22

6? Yeah try handling 6 fire breathing monsters and see how far that gets you. Nice try though. Who would be your one and only Poke buddy? No legendaries allowed either because no one would have a legendary because they're legendaries.

Mine would be pic related
>>
Let's face it, if pets were real you'd only be able to handle one.

A dog and a cat? And a bird?
Yeah, nice try though.
>>
>>27233372
fishes or bugs though..
>>
>>27233346
That's why we stuff them in smallballs that we keep in our bags.
>>
>>27233372
do cats and dogs breather fire, poison, or leafs? No thoguht not. Nice try though.
>>
>>27233403
>his dogs and cats can't breath leaves

What a fag.
>>
>>27233346
That's why you can only use one at a time.

Doubles/triples/rotations are fucking insane.
>>
File: 7sd25x.jpg (84KB, 607x432px) Image search: [Google]
7sd25x.jpg
84KB, 607x432px
I like the Poli line and feel like Poliwag wouldn't exactly be tough to find/raise up, especially with a big pond nearby for it to chill at. If I could get it a water stone for Poliwrath, i'd be pretty damn happy.
>>
>>27233411
Yours can't either cumhead
>>
>>27233566
>cumhead
Using this.
>>
>>27233566
actually they can, troglodyte
>>
File: metagross_by_tomiokajiro.jpg (668KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
metagross_by_tomiokajiro.jpg
668KB, 1200x900px
>>27233346
>Can hover
>Sentient tank with the intelligence of a super computer
How could I not want one?
>>
Pretty sure grass Pokemon would be the ultimate easymode when it comes to care. Sun, water, soil some don't even need to eat actual food, like Skiddo, who can live off of photosynthesis.

I'd take care of about two, maybe an Oddish and a Marill.
>>
>>27233395
That's right, just put them away where you don't have to deal with them. Just leave them. To sit and rot and be all alone. To be forgotten.
>>
>>27233403
>there aren't people who own many kinds of venomous spiders/snakes/scorpions/etc in real life
>>
>>27233672
More like how could you get one
>>
People could handle a lot more than six. They'd just abusively cram them inside tiny balls and forget they exist.
>>
The question is more why would you need that many. If you want a companion, only one will do. Need one for your profession? Again, theoretically, you only need one. Having more is better, but you only need one. For traveling, you may need a lot simply for handling many different kinds of terrain. For defense, you'll need a lot of pokemon to handle the many different types of pokemon you could fight.
>>
>>27233566
>he doesn't know
>>
File: image.png (147KB, 624x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147KB, 624x348px
>>27233746
>>
File: 1468737722769s.jpg (4KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1468737722769s.jpg
4KB, 250x191px
>>27233346
That's why they have pokeballs you egg
>>
>>27233881
A comfy prison is still a prison, even if it's one of your own design. Regardless, you're still ignoring them, even if it's so they can run off and do whatever on their own. Why did you put it in a ball in the first place when you'd have the same effect by never putting it in a ball to start with?
>>
>>27233762
>Implying I couldn't buy 4 Beldums and make those fucks power rangers into a Metagross
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 300x300px
>>27233921
Yeah, why would we ever do such a horrible thing.
>>
>>27233346
Can't Skiddo and Gogoat survive with just water and sunlight? Would be pretty easy to have a pet if it was that easy to take care of.
>>
I have no idea what's happening in this thread
But I want a Swampert
>>
>>27233963
This is more than just putting an animal in a cage. It's putting it in there and forgetting it's there.
>>
So while in your scenario would pokemon just magically exist? If they've always existed then our world, and the humans apart of it, would be very different. The world would be more so like the anime than our current world
>>
>>27233921
>>27233963
>>27234014
Putting it in a massive artificial paradise and freeing it multiple times throughout the day is clearly not the same as leaving it in a prison/cage and forgetting it exists.
>>
File: RemoveKanto.png (271KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
RemoveKanto.png
271KB, 800x800px
>>27233746
>>27233921
>>27234014

KANTO TREEHUGGER
>>
>>27233346
Put them in a ball you pussy.
>>
>>27234066
Sure, you'll perhaps have all your nutrition cared for and have everything you could possibly desire, except for companionship, and that's only if we're not talking about what is implied by the Amie.

I don't think the idea is to "give them a better life." Not unless the person actually cares enough to spend time with their pokemon. For anyone else, you're still just putting them and forgetting about them. They might have a better life, but you're clearly not the one benefiting from this. It's all for no reason.
>>
>>27233566
Hahahahahahahaha
>out of the loop
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 500x351px
>>27234066
>>
>>27233467
Stones would be fucking expensive as hell. If you think diamonds are expensive, imagine a life altering rock that you can get for your pet/life companion. That would take years of saving, but could very much be worth it.

This is also coming from someone who's wanted an arcanine since Red was released.
>>
>>27233566
>cumhead
fucking kek
>>
>>27234237
Who "forgets" about their pokemon? Has there ever been a story in the shows about someone going OH HEY A POKE BALL I FORGOT I HAD THAT I WONDER WHAT I CAUGHT WITH IT????
>>
>>27234306
Can you name every pokemon you shoved in "box" 3 of the last game you played without missing a single one?

I find pokemon i forgot i caught/traded for in my boxes all my time, i only remember my pokebros.
>>
>>27234306
James caught his Carnivine as a child and left it at his family's vacation home for years, forgetting it was even there
>>
That's a question many have tried to answer, but in the end, one doesn't exist. Where does the game end and the world as it's supposed to be understood begin? Again, even the explanations given by Gamefreak has enough holes that it ceases to have any definable shape. I do know one thing, and that is that no one medium has things that apply to the other media, save for the monsters themselves, their appearances, how and if they evolve, and their abilities.
>>
>>27234496
Well, scratch the how, as the evolution methods can change.
>>
File: 1315390345263.png (37KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1315390345263.png
37KB, 510x546px
>>27233672
>move to Hoenn
>get one as "gift" from the champ
>>
>>27234290
Never gave it that much thought, really but considering the true value of them making your companions grow at a rapid pace, I can believe it.
>>
Here's a better question, how are all you anons gonna be able to afford raising, feeding, and cleaning, your giant walking monsters?

I'd want a garchomp but imagining raising that and other pokemon...
Maybe I'd be better off going with something smaller like a mawile.
>>
>>27234717
Thats the reason you will fight other trainers and take their money. To get more money though, you need stronger pokemon, who, in turn, need more to eat and more care. So you go out and aquire more money.
>>
File: image.png (521KB, 854x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
521KB, 854x512px
I could get by just fine with a Darmanitan
>>
>implying this wouldn't be me with my growlithes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw2lCWc7dDs
>>
File: Porygon Z.png (116KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
Porygon Z.png
116KB, 600x634px
Get 'em young, then train them into yuge fire breathing monsters. It's simple.
Pic related is my mon for defense against already evolved mons who want to attack me and/or legendaries.
>>
File: #641517- mizo_ne.png (136KB, 901x407px) Image search: [Google]
#641517- mizo_ne.png
136KB, 901x407px
>>27233346
Muh waifu
>>
If shit daenaerys can handle 3 dragons, i think i can handle 6 pokemon
>>
I imagine Everstones would be obscenely popular so people who have the means to take care of, say, a magikarp don't have to worry about it suddenly turning into a 20 foot long rampaging sea serpent.

I'd probably go with a humanoid type like Mr. Mime or Hypno, something roughly the same size as a person that has opposable thumbs. I feel like it would be easier to communicate with, understand, and train something that's a closer approximation to a human being than other Pokemon, and a human-like type would have a much easier job navigating a world dominated by human civilization (no pawing at the door to be let in, they can just use the dang doorknob).

On the other hand, they probably tend to be far more emotionally demanding than, say, a herdier, as well as being more intelligent on average, so it probably wouldn't be as easy as raising something like a sunflora that can just stand out in your yard for hours at a time to get its daily nutritional intake. Also, owning a Hypno would probably be a good way to be put on a watchlist.
>>
File: 1468726630695.png (380KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468726630695.png
380KB, 800x800px
>female braixen holding everstone
kill me
>>
Snorlax. I'm a chef as is, and that nigga would be incredible for disposing leftovers and scraps.
>>
File: cubone.jpg (198KB, 711x611px) Image search: [Google]
cubone.jpg
198KB, 711x611px
>>27233346
It's a choice between Cubone and Ditto.
I adore Cubone and just want to see him happy. Cubones have had a hard life.

While with Ditto I'd have a cute little happy blob of pink who could transform into any other pokemon that it wanted to be at the time.
>>
File: chatot.jpg (24KB, 429x266px) Image search: [Google]
chatot.jpg
24KB, 429x266px
>>
File: 1456181651431.jpg (1MB, 1721x2125px) Image search: [Google]
1456181651431.jpg
1MB, 1721x2125px
>>27233346
It would be like having a living stuffed animal.
And it smells wonderful.
>>
>>27233870
That's how I tend to think of it.

>long distance
Flygon
>short distance
Scolipede
>water
Whiscash
>comfy
Torterra
>>
>>27234662
>>27234290

That's why you set out to hunt for one yourself.
>>
>>27233346
You have your intelligent Pokemon handle other Pokemon with a type advantage; ex. Alakazam keeps your Conkeldur in check
>>
That's how it is in-universe, too. Most of the trainers you come across only have 2, maybe 3 pokemon. Even the elite four only have 4-5. Characters who have 6 (i.e. the player character and champion) are prodigies.
>>
I'd have houndour,maybe a skidding or mareep also
>>
RAICHU its adorable and small and its my favorite.
>>
You're stupid OP.

But if I had to choose, I think I could handle both a Dedenne and a Vulpix/Ninetales.
>>
>>27233346
FEMALE gardevoir (male can be too agressive). Loyal and can do many things including hug
>>
Actually, that's something I can't really fathom, but as someone that had a 3.5 GPA for high school and 3.2 in community college, I don't really understand why people don't understand a lot of things. Apparently, pokemon are supposed to be something that isn't well understood EVEN THOUGH HUMANS HAVE USED THEM SINCE THE DAWN OF CIVILIZATION. Types are something that is studied, since things are being discovered about them all the time. I can probably see why not everyone knows how that works, since it's mostly knowledge that is unnecessary for common things. For those more into battle, it'd be just as central as tactics and strategy. In the games, simply through the virtue of playing them so long, we come in having more knowledge than a vast majority of it's own people do. We also have an interface that gives us knowledge that only an expert trainer would otherwise have. We are then given access to the capabilities of the pokemon themselves, something that is beyond ANYONE'S knowledge. Even real life pedigree breeders would kill for a hard measure of an animal's traits, let alone to be able to CONTROL it. True, the control part is inherent to the pokemon world, but I do not believe they possess a way to measure a pokemon's skills.

The part that I think is most focused on, though is that we don't have to go through the effort of getting pokemon to use their moves correctly. Pokemon may possess a mind of their own, but that doesn't guarantee they know how to aim or maneuver properly. We've been given a scenario that would be beyond the capabilities of ANYONE in ANY universe. In that aspect, no, no one would be able to take over the whole planet without ages of training.
>>
>>27239371
k
>>
>>27239371
How much knowledge would someone of this world commonly have? I can't say for certain. Most people just get by on knowing what something does rather than how it does it, or rather how they can use this knowledge to their benefit. There's very little way that having ANY knowledge of pokemon won't allow you to do SOMETHING in this world. Apparently, there are professions that don't require ANY knowledge of pokemon whatsoever. (but they do require knowledge that would be considered college level in real life) It all depends on how smart you are. If you have a certain profession, chances are, you can do the same profession in the pokemon world. Don't have any significant skills? Balderdash, there is still something you can do.
>>
I wonder what Pokemon would be available for the common man, which ones would be for the rich and elite, which Pokemon would be military-only.

Would love to hear what you guys think.
>>
File: 1460846690369.png (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1460846690369.png
105KB, 900x900px
>>27239371
>>
>>27233346
That's why pokéballs exist. So you rarely have to handle them all at once.
>>
File: surge.jpg (49KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
surge.jpg
49KB, 400x220px
>>27239912

>I wonder what Pokemon would be available for the common man

Unevolved Pokemon that are the equivalents of actual pets, mainly. Stuff like lillipup, snubbull, purrloin, rattata, etcetera. There would probably be restrictions on what moves they could know or use (perhaps limiting it to whatever it can do with its body alone, like tackles, bites, scratches, etcetera).

Then you'd probably have licenses for more dangerous, but still unevolved Pokemon like Pikachu that can naturally emit electricity. Getting access to a psychic type would probably require a thorough vetting process to avoid potential abuse (again, owning something like a Hypno or Malamar would probably involve being put on a watchlist).

Owning a flying type capable of actually carrying a person would require additional licensing, like a pilot's license, and there would need to be some way of restricting excess air traffic.

>which ones would be for the rich and elite

Evolved and sophisticated Pokemon like Gardevoir/Gallade/Gothitelle, extremely rare specimens like Milotic or Dunsparce, maybe the occasional asshole who owns an Arcanine to protect his estate.

>which Pokemon would be military-only.

Much like in the show, I can see cops/soldiers using the various canine Pokemon like houndoom, manectric and so on. As far as actual warfare is concerned: Magnezone, Excadrill, Koffing/Weezing, Exploud, Blastoise, Magmortar, Aggron, Metagross... Basically anything big, sturdy, or with extremely dangerous projectile attacks or abilities lending themselves to participating in warzones.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1200x750px
>>27233346
I would raise pic related. He seems fun to raise and its always in a great mood.
>>
>>27240095
Psychic types would likely be banned, can't imagine people owning an Alakazam.

It also entirely depends on how common Pokemon are, something like Ditto would likely be locked in some facility to either breed more Pokemon or to ensure species don't go extinct, because humans will almost certaintly try to hunt Pokemon for food/fur/whatever.
>>
>>27240170

It probably depends on the Psychic-type. A girafarig would probably be treated like an animal, but Alakazam I could see being granted full human rights, given their intelligence.
>>
>>27240151
10/10 taste I'd have to go with >pick related.
My favorite pokemon I've ever trained. You and me Big Bertha, to the end.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.