[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I"m geniunely curious. Was ORAS a good game? It seems from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

I"m geniunely curious. Was ORAS a good game? It seems from my time on this board there are mixed opinions on it, more toward the negative side though.

Why was it a bad game? The only thing I can think of is the handholding, but I expected that after playing B/W and X/Y.
>>
Better than XY ever was. Evenish/ borderline better than RS. Somewhat inferior to Emerald.
>>
Reminder that this faggot posts this every day.
>>
>What I Played
Omega Ruby&Alpha Sapphire

>What I Expected
Emerald 3D

>What I Got
Ruby&Sapphire 3D
>>
I don't understand the primal meme.

What the fuck is a primal
>>
>>27229075

Well, to me that sounds like you're breaking even. And I'm totally fine with that. I was just expecting ORAS to be as good as the old versions I remembered.
>>
>>27229047
This. Doesn't mean they were that great
>>
>>27229089
RS were shit man
>>
>>27229075
So essentially you completely ignored what it was labeled as and were disappointed by the logical outcome, like the people who deluded themselves into thinking Grubbin would evolve into a crab
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
No.
>>
>>27229132

I guess the only thing that really bothers me (and even more now that I know everyone else agrees) is how easy these pokemon games are now. They give you so much stuff up front, you don't have to work hard for it.

It just doesn't feel like you've accomplished anything. I might just buy Pokemon Yellow 3DS and play that instead of continuing Omega Ruby. I wish Pokemon was what it used to be.
>>
>>27229024
>>27229132
>Reminder that this guy is baiting and posts this almost every day, reused images like this are proof.
>Reminder that this guy is baiting and posts this almost every day.

>He reuses graphs like this and argues with himself to get attention

>Don't feed the trolls kids

>Not even once

/thread
>>
>>27229132
>problems with ORAS
>"things were spoiled"
>"m-m-muh 'casualization'"

Easy workarounds for both of these things, otherwise, I agree with a lot of these gripes.
>>
No. 27229171

Okay. I won't feed the troll.
>>
>>27229171
What.

Anon because one faggot did it for a week, that doesn't mean every fucking discussion is one samefag
>>
>>27229132
I agree with most of this. I only played Omege Ruby once. It is the only main series Pokemon game that I only played through once.

Disappointing.
>>
>>27229171
You don't even need to recognise the reused images to know this guy posts this every day with a new excuse to shitpost and pretend to be some innocent newfag.

>>27229192
You're a complete retard if you think this, but enjoy your 200+ reply shitposting thread anyway.
>>
>>27229192
He used the exact same graph that was used in all those old threads dude
>>
>>27229132
Most of here things are Emerald, while it SHOULD have been more Emerald based. Most of the games flaws are RS's imo

part of what makes HGSS so fucking great is because of all the shit they kept from crystal
>>
>>27229218

The image I used is literally the first image result when you type "ORAS" into Google Images

Good job troll, you got a (You) out of me.
>>
>>27229218
Anon, what the OP is saying is very different from what other people say for b8, that's usually "why were these the worst games"

Odds are I'm being b8ed by (you)
>>
I bought it today, so far I like that the exp share is given early and the pokemon sneaking is fun
>>
Listening to this will never not make me mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOykVetu9s
>>
>>27229237
Yeah, keep telling yourself that buddy. It's almost as if you want people to think that opinion is popular.

Also, filename.
>>
>>27229248

I'm not a fan of the Exp Share, considering it gives 50% of the exp your first Pokemon makes to the rest of the party. I thought Exp Share back then was limited to only one pokemon and it split the exp given between the first pokemon and the pokemon holding Exp Share.

But the pokemon sneaking is pretty neat.
>>
>>27229024

If you don't mind easy, and really like hoenn I guess it's acceptable.

However, my favorite part of pokemon games are postgame, and I usually get excited for third versions/remakes because to compensate for the fact that they are essentially recycling a game, they traditionally would put lots of effort into making an extensive post game. I was extremely disgusted however seeing how lazy and rushed ORAS' post game was. Especially considering that HOenn was my least favorite gen, it will always be regarded as my most hated pokemon game
>>
>>27229265
I prefer that it gives exp to all pokemon, saves time in the long run
>>
>>27229261
>Something something search history

Side note I looked up ORAS problems and eventually found it, but I fucking found Sans there. I really like the game, but Jesus Christ why is it so big
>>
I thought that it had a lot of promise, and a lot of what I experience in the game was pretty great. I liked a lot of the story changes and improvements as well as some more fleshed out characters.

Problem is, the game inherited a lot of the issues R/S had that Emerald fixed, but did not import the changes Emerald had. The entire endgame was more or less copy-paste from X/Y, a lot of the more interesting parts were spoiled by Nintendo before launch (Episode Delta, all the Megas, the demo having spoilers in the code), as well as a overall piss easy game that gave too much leeway all throughout. Also, the removal of some of the stuff from R/S rubbed me the wrong way and made it feel more like a romhack of X/Y with a R/S skin then anything else.

Long story short, it was unpolished. If it had another year of development, I think it would have turned out much better and fixed a lot of the issues it had.
>>
>>27229024
>mfw people praise ORAS For Dex nav

>mfw it's literally rustling Pokemon+habitat list, 2 great features from Unova that X and Y didn't have

yes it did improve it a bit, but its still the same core mechanic
>>
>>27229265
I like the exp share, but I do admit that it needs to be balanced more. One of my biggest problems with older games was that you'd often run into a stretch where one of your Pokemon was significantly more useful than the others, so it would get way overleveled compared to the rest of your team (gyms were one of the worst offenders when you only had one Pokemon with a good type match-up, so you'd have to sweep the gym with them). Then you'd have to play catch-up with underleveled Pokemon later. The exp share fixes that. If they could better balance the game around it, it would be great. As it is, it usually ends up with the opposite effect of overleveling your entire team.
>>
File: 1406117565215.png (302KB, 409x790px) Image search: [Google]
1406117565215.png
302KB, 409x790px
So is Nintendo or Game Freak aware of the complaints from its fans?

The complaint of how much handholding there is?
>>
>>27229024
Best in the series.
>>
>>27229360
They are aware...and they don't care.

What gets me is they could fix some of this by having Easy/Hard more again like BW2. I don't get why they are so stubborn about putting that back in.
>>
>>27229360
I feel like I'm BW they at least acknowledged it with Cheren, but in the words of Masida

"I don't really know"
>>
>>27229316
If it showed up so quickly because of Search History that just lends more credence to my guess that this is OP just trying to rile people up more
>>
>>27229129
it's not absurd to have assumed that ORAS would incorporate many of the improvements made in emerald. a good game > a completely faithful remake
>>
>>27229388
My guess that it's not OP, but just a random faggot
>>
>>27229360
They're extremely out of touch

Just reading the interview comments after ORAS release was rage inducing for many

Just a snippet

>Q:We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?
>A:What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

>Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

>A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.
>>
>>27229436
Real talk. Fuck Masuda, they only decent games he's made was FRLG+BW
>>
Since it's relevant, I want to ask a dumb noob question regarding effort values specifically for gen VI.

I read the wikia, but I didn't quite understand how they work in their entirety. I might just be too tired right now to understand them, but could someone explain to me in a way that I could easily understand at a shitty state of mind.
>>
>>27229355
On the one hand, I kind of hated BW's exp system

On the other hand, it making a come back in SM may actually fix the exp share, while the exp share in turn makes the scaled exp not fucking stupid to have to train around
>>
>>27229355
I think the best balance is for EXP Share to be a key item still, but for you to choose a Pokemon in your party and it gets equal experience. Not every member of your party gets EXP after battles, that was WAAAY too OP for what it was.
>>
>>27229509
Just wondering what was wrong with the exp system?
>>
>>27229465
He basically contradicted himself with the Battle Frontier point (If the post game is a choice for a player to get a challenge if they want to, then why the fuck would including the Battle Frontier be an issue there? It could have been a completely carbon copy of Emerald's and few would have complained)

But he does have a point with the people wanting short bites of a game these days. That said, solution to that is the fucking Difficulty Options they fucked up back in B2W2
>>
>>27229559
Just "having" the option was nice. Also if you emulate it's nice too

One small thing about X and Y that drives me crazy is the FUCKING mindset of how stupid the players are by having the fucking exp all on by default. Like really? They couldn't say "If you need help leveling up your whole team , don't forget to turn it on!" But no, they don't even trust us to turn it on
>>
>>27229436
>The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.
>implying ORAS' postgame wasn't pathetic
>>
>>27229553
It discouraged trying out new Pokemon you found later on

Mind, some of my issues also come from how they handled rematchable trainers (IE they didn't), and that I also probably have an unfair bias due to making the mistake of going in and doing a blind nuzlocke as my first run

God that system is bullshit to deal with when Pokemon keep dying
>>
>>27229646
>It discouraged trying out new Pokemon you found later on
No....? That's why you don't get overleveled and Audino's are there too

That was another tweeked part of BW2 I liked with breeders, but there's always Audino's man

>>27229587
Also I hate it when people go
>just turn it off!
I'm just saying game freak doesn't even give a fuck anymore it feels like
>>
>>27229685
Audino would have been fine if Emolga didn't pop up just often enough to wreck shit

But yeah I'm probably also biased due to bad experience and choices
>>
>always played through the main campaign, a few legendaries and maybe obvious extra side content and would be done

>didn't realize people had a hard on for that Battle Tower crap

I never liked it, I always just liked training and battling my friends.
>>
>>27229721
I bet you didn't know how to use it the best blind too....

I'm curious his ghetsis went
>>
>>27229756
But you see, in battle facilities you can work towards a goal with your teams and actually win
>>
>>27229778

Yeah, I also do that in make shift tournaments in a living room, where we can all freak out because some dude hit a Guillotine three times in a row.
>>
>>27229802
And you're point is.....?
>>
>>27229024
I'm replaying OR for the first time since release. Just caught Groudon. It's the typical pokemon slog and the "walk with me to ___" options have only skipped the fossil while shaving off some of the backtracking. It's piss easy compared to the original RSE even with the Exp Share off. The DexNav is a great addition and I managed to have a decent experience by doing a Wonder Team run. Without the DexNav or Wonder Trade the games would be among the worst in the series as little more than a dumbed down 3d remake with other regions' pokemon sprinkled throughout.
>>
>>27229763
Wrecked him with my own Hydreigon and Cofagrigus. That part was fairly enjoyable
>>
>>27229941
Playing OrAs right after playing RS was irritating as fuck with the handholding in the beginning

The easiness is more due to issues rooted in XY (the movesets are complete shit because they just defaulted to the level up sets, and the game is not only not balanced around Exp Share, it's also not balanced around megas)
>>
the ORAS trading system is shit

you used to be able to request specific pokemon in BW, I can't do that in ORAS as far as I can tell
>>
>>27229436
>make battle facilities bullshit with cheating ai and advantages the average player won't know about
>wonder why more people don't want to play it
>>
>>27229047
Nice shit taste.
>>
>>27229192
>week

More like TWO YEARS, almost daily. No one else uses your shitty OCs, since you created then years ago when you got mad at the gen 1 one (that was about bugs but still made you butthurt and triggered)

You don't do it for fun or to get replies, you're literally a low-functioning autist that can't stop wasting your life talking to yourself on a shitpost board.
>>
>>27229436
>rage inducing

Maybe if you're underaged and petty, Braden/CrimsonKyuren
>>
Reminder of the real reason why OP gets away with autistic samefags and copypastas:

http://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/20488031/#20490464
>>
>>27229132
>yfw the gen 1 one made sense, explained glitches and spread everywhere, even on pleb sites
>this one still can only be traced to your butthurt samefag
>even the thread you created it was mostly samefags with the rest telling you to go fuck yourself

0/10
>>
File: 75675756757.png (107KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
75675756757.png
107KB, 893x1200px
>>27229132
Real, non-bait, non bui-OC, non-samefagged pic incoming.
>>
It's always fun to see which personality will corrupt-chan pick next time: the innocent 1-year newfag who never lurked and just "happened" to samefag and defend bait or the consolewar-tier falseflagger I feed both either way so I can screencap his autism
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.