[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are natures that important? I know they're not in-game,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 4

File: 1458993103348.png (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458993103348.png
73KB, 500x500px
Are natures that important? I know they're not in-game, but if I want to play online, will I get systematically btfo if my team doesn't have natures that fit their stats?
I'm starting to get autistic about this and catching the same Pokémon ten times until I get the right nature. I want to stop doing this.

Also, Volcarona thread
>>
>>27215210
yes, but you should breed for natures, not run around catching 20 pokemon until you get the right nature. /wfg/ on this board will help.

Do you need a larvesta? I got extras you can have, haha
>>
Use Dittos to breed for natures
>>
A ten percent increase or decrease to a stat can be make or break sometimes in a serious environment.

Breed for them, though.
>>
If you want to get serious about online, breeding is your best option. Ten percent is huge.
>>
>>27215210
You'll get fucked no matter what you do on Battle spot, no matter how perfectly bred your bro is, there will be that kid with 6 legendaries.
>>
>>27215378
That's why you play ranked
>>
>tfw just evolved my larvesta last night
How the fuck do people go about leveling shit they've hatched?
>>
>>27215236
Thanks, I'm fine though, as of now I've started a new game.

>breed for natures
Isn't it even more of a hassle?

>>27215271
>>27215278
>serious
I just don't want to get curbstomped all the time, but I prefer using Pokémon I like and have fun rather than build the perfect team
>>
Aside from selecting natures, how do breed and train for competitive battling? I don't understand shit about EVs and IVs, I just battle a lot and level up but I know that's not the right way
>>
>>27215210
I actually just bred and hatched about 6 larvesta. I was hoping for at least a 5IV with Timid nature but ended up settling for a 5IV with bold. I still went with him though. I may lose one or two rounds because he isn't as fast as he could be but hatching larvesta eggs and then training all the way to 57 to evolve is more than I want to do now.
Right now my 1 day old larvesta is lvl 52. Pretty close to evolving but long way for Fire Dance.
You can always go back to the drawing board and breed for perfection, but from what I've seen, it takes time. I'd rather hatch 5 or 6 eggs then work with what I got.

Consequently I have a few 5IV larvestas with non helpful nature's if anyone wants em
>>
>>27215492
For EVs, play the super training games till the vertical bar is full. Also regular battles can raise the EVs.
>>
File: qNLQEJo.png (2MB, 1920x1600px) Image search: [Google]
qNLQEJo.png
2MB, 1920x1600px
>>27215492
This isn't up to date with ORAS, but the basics are the same
>>
>>27215560
But I heard stuff about "bad" EV training and having to fight certain pokemon to raise specific stats. What's that about?
>>
>>27215573
>pokemon like lucario and togepi has to be evolved before they can breed.
how do I breed mega lucario
>legendaries cant be bred
what is manaphy

Also, I think that different stages of the same line still count as Different Species.
>>
>>27215573
Also, the Power items can be used to EV train.
>>
>>27215560
What about IVs?
>>
>>27215474
If you're breeding, you'll get good IVs and egg moves as well.
>>
>>27215677
You'll only get wrong EVs if you use the Pokemon in random battles, but generally for EV trained stuff, you EV train them straight after hatching them so it's not a problem
>>
>>27215573
There is one thing that isnt pentioned here
If both Pokemon have Destiny knot they will get 50% egg chance.
>>
It's nice wanting to use your favorites and all.
But what format do you want to play?
>>
>>27215756
>random battles
Well, yeah. I leveled up my Greninja by fighting random trainers (in game) and wild pokémon. Add to this that he has a calm nature, and it's pretty much unusable, right?
>>
>>27215783
Isn't OU the best one?
>>
>>27215801
The most popular one. Who are your bros? they will probably be stomped in OU.
Test your team on showdown first before spending time breeding and training it

>>27215785
Yes. Greninja also needs his hidden ability to be broken. If you are the same guy, you won't be able to use him on OU since he is banned
>>
>>27215402
>implying that kid with 6 legendaries doesn't play ranked
I was playing ranked the other day. Can confirm that kid with 6 legendaries was playing ranked.
>>
>>27215785
pretty much anything caught in the wild with random stats and natures like that will be terrible
>>
>>27215801
>smogontrash
>best
No

You don't want to play smogon on cart anyway when the game has its own rules and matchmaking
>>
>>27215817
>Who are your bros
In most games I end up using Metagross, Kingdra, Porygon2 and Houndoom (not necessarily all of them in the same team though)
I like the qt moth as well.
They're not bad but none of them are OU as far as I know (except Metagross maybe, I don't remember)
>>
>>27215833
>>27215817
Shit
Just because it has the wrong nature, now I have to breed it and start over? That sucks
>>27215854
What do you recommend then?
>>
>>27215918
If none of your bros are OU play a lower tier (Metagross is OU though). Your team will be stronger that way.
Also, you better go play on Showdown if you want to go by Smogon rules. Cartridge is more for battle spot,VGC and some other competitions

>>27215948
No. It is because your in-game Greninja probably has Torrent instead of Protean,has shit EVs (which can be reset in Super Training) and shit IVs.
>>
>>27215466
Blissey bases + Lucky Egg + Exp Power 3 = profit
>>
>>27215968
I don't necessarily want to play by Smogon rules, but they're the only formats I'm familiar with. I don't know shit about the rest.
Not being able to use Metagross is fine, I guess.
>>
What's with the obsession with competitiveness? Just play with your favorite mons.
>>
>>27216207
how do you play drapion or bellossom
>>
So is it easier to EV train while leveling, or to level a fair bit, clear the EVs, then train for them?
EV training is my least favourite thing about building a team, I usually get bored of the pokemon before I even use them in a proper battle.
>>
>tfw you can't play with an in game team that has hindering natures

I'm fine if it's neutral or a nature that boosts a defensive stat and takes down a nature that gets rid of the non attacking stat but I can't run a nature that lowers the sp. atk or speed on something like cyndaquill for in game
>>
>>27216230
You can train them fast using the EV boosting items you get from post-game and using horde battles
>>
>>27216230
Just Horde train them first thing
>>
>>27216207
And battles are generally more fun when both players have a good chance of winning.
It's not really fun for any party if one person decides "i gotta use muh in-game bros" and they get stomped effortlessly.
>>
>>27216313
Stop playing Smogon, or play AG
>>
>>27216018
Only Mega Metagross is OU, regular Metagross is UU.
>>
>>27216587
Why is it UU? I thought it was high-tier
>>
>>27216640
Gets obliterated by numerous things in OU. Talonbird, Lando-T, among other stuff. That said its doing great in UU
>>
>>27216640
There's been a fuckload of power creep, and Metagross wasn't even that good in OU last gen.

Most Pseudos are UU now. Metagross, Salamence, Hydreigon, and Goodra were all UU last time I checked, and Dragonite is in danger of falling soon. Only Garchomp and Tyranitar are comfortably OU.
>>
>>27216665
Word around says that Salamence might go to OU. What do you think anon
>>
>>27216681
I thought it was BL? It's being suspected in UU, that much I know, and UU's suspects go to BL.
>http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-06/ou-1695.txt
No, Salamence is not headed to OU any time soon. But Dragonite is used way more often than I realized, so there's that.
>>
File: Mothra.jpg (44KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
Mothra.jpg
44KB, 800x740px
>>27215210
>Are natures that important?
If you're non-competitive or not autistic, then they don't matter too much.
btw, Volcarona IS the best bug.
>>
>>27215474
When it comes to breeding for natures think of it like this. You could get the perfect nature on your first try or your 1000th try, its all luck. But if you breed for a nature you are guaranteed to get it in a set and predictable amount of time.
>>
>>27215573
That is complicated and sounds tedious as fuck. Do all competitive players really do this to build their entire team? Sounds like it would take a shitload of time before you get six perfect Pokémon to level 100 with all the desired stats and all
>>
They need to just add nature changing berries. I'm sick of resetting for good natures on mystery gift mons
>>
>>27217330
>on mystery gift mons
But those are the least annoying since you don't have to do any training or anything afterwards (assuming they come at level 100)
>>
>>27217382
No but you still have to reset 400 times for the proper nature and stats.
>>
>>27217289
You could always play on Showdown!, which allows you to just build your team right there in the editor, or you could just inject it :^)
>>
>>27217430
>proper nature and stats
>and stats
Shit, I forgot to do that. Now I realized my Shaymin's highest IV is defense
Fuck
>>
Natures are important

Probably the difference whether you could kill something first or get crippled by a spore,thunder wave,taunt
>>
>>27217474
>just inject it :^)
Cheating isn't fun though
>>
>>27217523
I just gave up and took a modest one instead of timid. Stats are good where they need to be and I'll likely never use it
>>
>>27217957
Modest is a good nature for Shaymin, though.
>>
>>27217972
Yeah, I was gunning for Timid though
>>
>>27217995
Did you get a good IV characteristic at least?
>>
>>27218012
Max in spatk and speed so yes.
>>
>>27215573
Typically how many times do you have to try before you get a perfect pokemon?
>>
>>27216016

Don't forget having two hearts in Pokémon amie plus breeding in one game and raising in another for the trade experience bonus.
>>
>>27217289

Eh, most of us use hacked dittos to breed. Shit saves so much time. Besides, the more you breed, the faster it goes since you'll have access to more and more perfect father's you raised to be competitive.
>>
>>27220383
>dittos
Does that make the process much easier? I don't like using hacked mons
>>
>>27216230

Use Horde training and vitamins. Super training is only for fine tuning sure as if a build requires 112 evs in a single stat.
>>
>>27216247

More people do that then are willing to admit to it. I reset for the shiny Beldum given out over WiFi to use in game a few times since I got a modest natured one and crap like that. I settled for brave since I just wanted to play the fucking game.
>>
>This thread
>no mention of everstone
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>27220403

Dittos can breed with anything capable of breeding so yes. Hack parents only begat hacked children if they pass down something illegal like a Pokeball they shouldn't be in since the parents are merely reference points for the generator, it doesn't copy and paste the personality value from the parents or anything like that.

Since dittos can only pass nature's and I.vs, children of hacked dittos will only be hacked if the other parent have something about them that's illegal.
>>
>>27220403
yes. it's worth it to have at least one 6iv ditto. then you never have to cheat again.
>>
>>27220527
Can't you just get that legally?
>>27220513
I see, thanks for clarifying
But either way, wouldn't you need a bunch of dittos if you want to breed mons with different natures and IVs and be sure that they come out perfect?
>>
>>27220566
>legal 6 x 31 iv ditto
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>27220590
What, is that impossible?
>>
>>27220615
It's not impossible, just statistically unlikely.
>>
>>27220566

Nope, it helps but it's not necessary. You just catch a bunch of normal dittos until you get one of each nature you need and use that to pass down the needed nature and then you have that baby breed with the hacked ditto.

>>27220615

Technically possible but not possible in any practical sense.
>>
>>27220628
>>27220636
What are the odds if you were to try it by resetting until you got the right 6IV ditto?

>You just catch a bunch of normal dittos until you get one of each nature you need
If you had one for every nature you needed, could ditto still fuck it up by passing down its imperfect IVs as well?
>>
>>27217541
>cheating
>implying bycicle simulator is fun
>cheating
>>
>>27220673

This is how it works.

>Have ditto with ideal nature hold everstone
>Baby comes out with nature
>Have baby hold everstone.
>Stick in daycare with hacked ditto.
>Get new babies with higher I.V's then non ditto parent with right nature.
>Have that baby replace non ditto parent including have it hold everstone.
>Keep replacing the non ditto parent with every superior child.

The imperfect dittos you use for natures are only used to breed one generation, they stop mattering after that.
>>
>>27220748
Ok, I'm starting to understand
You use the first ditto for nature, the second one for IVs, and then you keep grinding?
Is it possible to get a perfect baby after just one generation (step 5 of your greentext)?
>>
>>27220788
Yes, but the destiny knot merely lets 5 out of 12 total stats (6 for each parent) pass down at a time, so it's unlikely that all 5 perfect IVs that you want will pass down.
>>
>>27220788

Possible if the hacked ditto is holding the destiny knot but very unlikely. I've bred 10 boxes worth of dudes this gen And I've it happen maybe 4 times. 0 times if you mean 6 perfect I.vs. I consider a mon perfect if everything except the attacking stat it doesn't use is perfect.
>>
>>27220847
>>27220849
Alright, thanks again
Still sounds tedious but I guess it's feasible.
>>
>>27220882
If you have a hacked 3DS you can just inject.
Using a hacked ditto is still cheating, it just doesn't feel as cheaty as injecting for obvious reasons.
Up to you.
>>
>>27220897

Or he can just go to injection general.
>>
>>27220897
I don't have a hacked 3DS
I just want to get a perfect team, or at least a few perfect mons.

By the way, what do you guys do when it comes to legendaries? Since you can't breed them, do you just reset until you get the right nature/IV combination?
>>
>>27220910
Yeah. Less hassle to do it yourself.

>>27220920
You can do one of three things.
1. Reset
2. Inject one/ask for an injection
3. Catch one and edit its stats, similar to injection.

If you only want a few things you can ask in injection general. You'll have to do that for the ditto anyway.
>>
>>27220951
So aside from resetting tens/hundreds of times for the perfect legendary, you have to cheat? Does everyone in competitive use injected mons?

Yeah I'll do that for ditto, but I don't really like cheats so I probably won't do anything else than that even if it makes me less likely to win in competitive
>>
>>27220981
>aside from resetting tens/hundreds of times for the perfect legendary, you have to cheat?
Yes.
>Does everyone in competitive use injected mons?
No, but many do, and many more just play showdown.
>>
>>27220981
Not everybody, but a lot of people do, especially because as you play more, you'll want to test new teams on cartridge and stuff, and it's an enormous hassle to go through the whole process just to find out the Pokemon isn't a good fit and you'll never end up using it.
>>
>>27220748
I haven't bred for a while but I'm pretty sure it's

>Mon you want to breed holds Everstone
>6IV Ditto holds Destiny Knot
>keep throwing the inbred babies at each other until you get the one you need
>>
>>27220998
>>27221009
Makes sense
>Not everybody
How do the people who avoid injecting manage to hold their own in competitive, barring showdown?
>>
>>27221023
A bred pokemon can be on the same level as an injected one. It's just a matter of time invested.
Injecting can actually be tedious as well, but not so much as breeding of course.
>>
>>27221049
So some people actually take the time to do everything naturally, including catching perfect legendaries, that's impressive.
Or do they just pay less attention to perfection and are more lenient with their team's stats
>>
>>27221109
The former in 99% of cases

If you do choose to be negligent, at least ensure your speed is perfect.
>>
>>27221109
The former. You can't be lenient with your team's stats. It's a game of numbers.
>>
>>27221159
>at least ensure your speed is perfect.
Well there are cases where that wouldn't help much
>>27221180
Sure but unless you're playing Uber you probably won't be having the same team as your opponents, will you?
>>
>>27221209
If your numbers are smaller you're at a disadvantage, and no one wants to lose because of that.
>>
>>27215210
Online is literally down to the precise numbers, much like speedrunners. You're gonna be racing against people with minmaxed Speed, Atk/SpA, an the like.
>>
>>27221209
No m8, speed is the most important stat easily
>>
>>27221230
>disadvantage
There's a difference between having a disadvantage but still having a chance and not standing a chance at all
>>27221274
What about walls?
>>
>>27215210
Catch a Pokemon with the Ability Synchronize. Look it up.
>>
File: 1442174170048.png (54KB, 748x722px) Image search: [Google]
1442174170048.png
54KB, 748x722px
Is my Shaymin shit?
Pic related, I'm >>27217523
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.