[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play Mystery Dungeon again. I have a copy of Blue and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-MD_Blue_EN_boxart[1].jpg (30KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MD_Blue_EN_boxart[1].jpg
30KB, 250x224px
I want to play Mystery Dungeon again.
I have a copy of Blue and Time.
Which one is better? Or should I get a new game?
>>
Blue/Red is great, you can't go wrong there.
Get Sky, it's the Platinum to Time/Darkness' Diamond/Pearl.
Skip Gates to Infinity, get Super Mystery Dungeon.

Red/Blue = Sky > Super >>>>>>> Infinity
>>
>>27215099
Thanks, guess I'll start with Blue for now.

I know that Infinity is shit, but why is Super worse than the other two?
>>
>>27214997
Blue, then get Sky. Two best PMD games.
>>
>>27215195
>but why is Super worse than the other two?
It isn't. It's better.
>>
>>27215195
Super is terrible.

The characters are bland, the story is stupid and full of convenient plot devices, and the tone constantly jumps back and forth between somber and comical.

Play Explorers and Rescue Team, skip Gates and Super.
>>
>>27215195
From what I've seen, the general opinion is that Super is a pretty good Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. I can't say I disagree, it's a good game. The story could have used some work but I think PSMD has the best gameplay of the series.

I still think Explorers is better, but I think it's on par (or better) then Rescue Team.
>>
>>27215445
>>27215576
So generally, Super has great gameplay but a mediocre to bad story/characters?
Sounds good I guess, since I don't care that much for story in Pokemon games.
>>
>>27215747
Super's story is fine, but not great.
Meanwhile Red and Sky are fucking amazing.

If I had to give an analogy to another game series I'd say Red is Fire Emblem 7, Sky is FE: Sacred Stones, and Super is between Awakening and Fates.
>>
File: Bob Ross.jpg (40KB, 406x598px) Image search: [Google]
Bob Ross.jpg
40KB, 406x598px
>>27216116
>Red is fucking amazing
>>
>>27216116
>skipping gates
shame on you anon
>>
Sky is the best in the series, closely followed by blue/red, then time/darkness, then super, and gates if you have nothing else. Super is still really good though and even gates isnt that bad
>>
>>27218664
Why is the gap between Sky and Time/Darkness so big?
Aren't they pretty similar?
>>
>>27214997
Don't waste your time.
Play neither.
>>
When you're done with Blue, emulate Sky and play with custom starters. If you still want more PMD then try Super. It's fun, but the story is not as good as Explorers'.
>>
Blue has the better music, has comfy-as-fuck and gorgeous friend areas, and imo has the better story imo by merit of being simpler and not taking so damn long to get through the dialogue.
Time has better gameplay, since they changed a few things that were a nuisance in the original, and a bigger roster of Pokemon. But if you're gonna play Time, you might as well get Sky instead since it's the same game with added content and further improved gameplay tweaks.
>>
Sky and Time are great. Blue not so much.
>>
>>27218757
The gap isn't that big. Even Darkness and Time are much better than Red/Blue
>>
Which of the two should I emulate: Blue or Red?

I can play both on my phone, but I wonder which makes more sense. The second screen does not much at all, does it? Emulating blue means that only the upper half of the screen is used as the main screen, emulating red uses the entire screen.
>>
>>27222416
please respond famalams
>>
What about the ones for wii?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.