[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm playing Emerald for the first time and am enjoying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 0ba.jpg (32KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
0ba.jpg
32KB, 960x960px
So i'm playing Emerald for the first time and am enjoying it a lot. I search up the pokedex for the game so i can see which pokemon i like that are obtainable, and i wind up on Smogon. Curious, i decide to look up my team that i'm using. Well pretty much everyone on my team is considered trash with shit stats. This makes me feel kinda bad cause i love the designs of the Pokemon but they're considered shit. Its whatever though. Who else just plays with the pokemon they like?
>>
>>27204587
If you're not playing competitive there is no reason to care what Smogon says. Just have fun.
>>
>>27204587
> Who else just plays with the pokemon they like?
This is the only way to play. You haven't lived until you win the E4 with a bunch of misfits.
>>
If you're not playing against other people then just pick your favourite pokemon - might make it a little tougher but just means you need to level them more.
>>
Is this your first game?

You should probably know that Smogon's rankings for those Pokemon are most likely for the current meta, which has undergone a ton of power creep in the last few years. Anyway, you can literally use whatever shit you want for ingame, which is what most people do. It's only competitive where you're forced to choose stronger Pokemon to really succeed, and even then you can still use Pokemon that are considered lower tier if they have a gimmick or specialty you can build around.

Post team
>>
>>27204587
If this isn't bait then you're really new.

In-game it doesn't really matter what mons you use. You can get away with garbage mons that do absolutely nothing in competitive, and competitive mons could be terrible in-game. Beyond that, there is no strict dichotomy for "this mon is garbage, this mon is good" in Smogon, it's the mons that get used the most and are proven effective in an irrelevant meta game that get analyses, so it has absolutely no bearing to in-game stuff at all. Post your team, it's very hard to have a legitimately garbage in-game team.
>>
Smogon isn't an in-game resource you mong
>>
>>27204652
>>27204685
I'm only at the fourth gym right now so

Combusken
Breloom
Azumarill
Delcatty
Sandslash
>>
>>27204717
3/5 are high tier you dunce

Just have fun with the game
>>
>>27204717
Those are perfectly fine. Delcatty and Azumarill might not pull a lot of weight, but if you level them up enough it should suffice very easily. Otherwise they're all decent enough, anyway.
>>
>>27204757
>>27204738
Alright thanks and yeah i'm relatively new. Due to all this Pokemon Go hype i'm replaying a bunch of pokemon games and i haven't really played in quite a while.
>>
>>27204797
Well, then there's no problem. Just lurk a while before posting a whole lot, people bite at you really easily if you don't know something.
>>
>>27204587
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.