[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw johtoddler >tfw johto is only region everyone agrees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (95KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 640x493px
>tfw johtoddler
>tfw johto is only region everyone agrees is underwhelming
>tfw johto is only generation everyone agrees is underwhelming

Why do you guys hate GSC so much? I would unironically put it in my Top 3 Games of All Time, but everyone here hates them.

>tfw we probably won't get GSC on virtual console because HGSS is still compatible with new gen
>>
/vp/ hails HGSS like its the second coming of Christ. Where have you been?

though personally Johto and all games associated with it are mediocre
>>
>>27195574
wrong, was around when red came out and still love gen II. I'm love that gamefreak continued to make games but would have been fine if they called it after silver.
>>
>>27195596
Not because they like Johto. It's despite it they like it.
>>
>>27195574
Because it was underwhelming. Good idea (two regions, continuation of first games) badly executed. Team Rocket from that games is the shittiest bad team of all games, the game is more about kanto mons than johto mons, distribution sucks, places are empty, level curve is retarded
>>
>>27195574
Because everyone got pampered with Gen 3 and on with the Final Fantasy-esque stories instead of just you going to an adventure to follow your dreams, without that "I must save the world from X legendary" thing.

It fixed most of Gen 1 issues the best way they could.
Music, ambient and a minimalist plot make Gen 2 the comfiest Pokemon games up to date.
>>
File: haters gonna hate.jpg (196KB, 649x744px) Image search: [Google]
haters gonna hate.jpg
196KB, 649x744px
First off, everything is better than Govulations
second, haters gonna hate; we shit on ALL gens here.
>>
>>27195574

Silver was my first game, and it's still not my favorite Pokemon game. It felt like a goddamn expansion pack, and I hadn't even played RBY before it.
>>
>>tfw johto is only generation everyone agrees is underwhelming
Excuse me?
Only genwunners feel that way. Most agree that it was a solid game that had some notable flaws.
But honestly, no generation is perfect.
>>
>>27195596
HGSS is Gen IV
>>
I love GSC and Johto, doesn't mean Johto doesn't have flaws, don't like HGSS though

Stop being such a fucking puss about what you like OP
>>
While I can admit that the most recent games are ultimately the best Pokemon has been Gen 2 still has yet to be topped in terms of biggest improvement over the previous gen to date. Nothing that has come since has been as impressive as Gen 2 and just feels like small incremental improvements.

I also feel that Gen 2 handled being a sequel the best in that it still had plenty of Kanto Pokemon and it made the new Pokemon rare and hard to obtain. Gen 2 recognised that it didn't need to replace Pidgey because Pidgey already existed, instead it added detail to the world by adding an owl Pokemon that comes out at night instead while Pidgey is still there during the day. The Johto dex expanded on the Kanto dex integrating with it and filling out some gaps.

The way Johto handled its new Pokemon was vastly superior to the newer games just replacing existing Pokemon with rehashes like more first route Normal/Flying birds over and over. They ditch the Kanto Pokemon and replace them with basically the same thing which is pointless and just make all of the new Pokemon common. Ideally they would carry forward the existing Pokemon and find new niches for new additions like Gen 2 did instead of having four Pidgeys and four Butterfrees.
>>
>>27195574
Dude, Johto is considered one of the best region by a large part of this board, and by the wider internet.

As a Johtotoddler I love the love Gen 2, GSCHGSS and Johto gets on a whole.

Go to a comfy thread, a region comparison thread or a game ranking thread and its clear
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnphNbo24oY

check my hatch a mon pokmeonc debut
>>
>>27195574
Johto is the comfiest and most interesting region.

Sage because attention whoring.
>>
>>27195574
Johto is my favorite region. It's comfy as fuck. I loved Crystal back in the day and remakes only made everything better.
>>
>>27198524
Yourey right, this probably a thread made so people can come in with Johto compliments
>>
>>27196338
And Apples are fruit.
We know this. Now lurk more you shit head.
>>
>>27195574
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.