[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some must-play Pokemon ROM hacks? I've never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1330894295294.png (152KB, 441x396px) Image search: [Google]
1330894295294.png
152KB, 441x396px
What are some must-play Pokemon ROM hacks?

I've never played one, and feel like playing something ridiculous.

I remember seeing one where all the Pokemon were anime girls, but I don't remember much about it.

But in addition, there have got to be some so-hilariously-bad-they're-good Pokemon ROMhacks out there too.
>>
>>27192424
Moemon.

Moemon is a simple hack applicable to most roms that just replace all of the sprites.

A randomized, Moemon Nuzlocke is quite possibly the most feels you will ever feel ever.
>>
>>27192447
Okay hold the fuck up
Does Moemon Emerald have a higher shiny spawn rate or something?

I just ran into a shiny Wurmple

I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue and never gotten a fucking shiny
>>
File: 1459020955115-4.png (204KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1459020955115-4.png
204KB, 500x700px
>>27192424
https://animackid.wordpress.com/touhoumon-world-link/

It kinda hard to explain but i'm just gonna say ive nuzlocked this 3 times,even if you dont know the source material the rom is pretty extensive and if you read the page and decide this isn't ridiculous enough I dont know what your looking for
>>
>>27193266
seems pretty ridiculous thanks m8
>>
>>27193266
As a former touhoufag I will try this.
>>
>>27193358
>>27193531
Glad I could help,Keep note that things don't really hit the fan until you hit the league but I can assure you that you will be fighting lv 100's at some point

also the ost can be nice sometimes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmp540sG6I
>>
Does anyone know the name of a HGSS romhack were the Pokemon had aesthetic changes done to them? I remember the starters were all wearing red bandanas and Pidgeys had different style feathers, but that's about all I remember since I didn't get very far.
>>
Pokemon Infinite Fusion.

it uses all 22,801 combinations from pokemon.alexonsager.net. Pretty interesting as you get unique type combinations and the stats are compromised (not exactly averaged but has a formula based on the head and body). And yes, all Pokémon are available. The only thing is it's not a ROM but opens its own window, so it's technically a separately created game but you couldn't tell.

Other hacks that must be experienced:

Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal. a bootleg game with broken hilariously bad translation to English from Vietnamese.

Pokemon Snakewood. It's supposed to be about some zombie apocolypse but it's actually quite shit. so shit that it's good.

Pokemon Lost Silver. See creepypasta.

Red++ . Pokemon Red version but updated to include all the new moves, stats, Pokemon etc.

Pokemon Crystal Kaizo. a masochistic level of difficulty. everywhere is a maze. requires a lot of strategy and autismo power. all pokemon available. trainers and gym leaders are stronger.
>>
>>27193120
Same here, Found a shiny lotad on the 1st route. this is my 2nd legit shiny.
>>
>>27192424
I much prefer "vanilla+" hacks, so pretty much all my recommendations will be those.

>Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire
If you found ORAS way to easy, or want an easier time preparing an online team, these hacks are awesome.
>Blue Kaizo and Crystal Kaizo
They turn the games into balls to the wall difficulty levels. They increase the max level cap for npcs to 120, so the e4 will be around there, while you are at 100. Not recommended if you just want to chill out.
>Red++
It basically adds all the gen 6 mechanics into Pokemon Red. Mostly just to look at the graphics with the newer features. It's pretty cool.

I also hear that the TPP Anniversary Crystal is really fun as well.
>>
>>27192424
I'd also recommend Pokemon Glazed, or Blazed Glazed and Pokemon Vega, because they're probably the best hacks out there, also Vega is very hard compared to the original Pokemon games, especially at the beginning.

For hilariously bad hacks but good hacks to play I'd recommend Pokemon Quartz or Topaz, those have all original Pokemon replaces with shitty fakemons.
>>
>>27194022
It was called Hard Gold if I remember correctly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.