[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Opinions /vp/ would crucify you for. >Following Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

File: image.png (402KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
402KB, 640x480px
ITT: Opinions /vp/ would crucify you for.

>Following Pokemon and Battle Frontier were great features that could have made a comeback if Amie hadn't taken up development time. Amie is a waste.

>Fairy was a step in the right direction in the interest of clearing up a nebulous type. Beast type would have been great for normal type animals, too.

>Sound type would still be a good addition.

>Steel should be super effective against Dragon.

>Gen 5's graphics, sprites, and design motif were all ass. The post game in BW2 is the generation's only saving grace.

Team Instinct is the best faction.
>>
Apparently Meganium, Emboar and MegaCharizard X have bad design despite being the best fully evolved starters along with Empoleon. I don't understand why they hate them. Except MegaCharizard X, I know they don't like that one because of the edgy meme, but which meme does stop them from liking the others I mentioned?
>>
I don't care about postgame.
>>
>>27186796
>ITT: Opinions /vp/ would crucify you for.
>Following Pokemon and Battle Frontier were great features that could have made a comeback if Amie hadn't taken up development time. Amie is a waste.

Stopped reading there because you clearly don't know what /vp/ thinks.
>>
>>27187114
Correct, because /vp/ is not one person.
It is a board. Better yet, a location.
>>
Everyone is a faggot on /vp/ and reddit is superior for Pokemon discussions. Hell even gamefaqs is better, the only reason I'm here is to find gems like anti-greninja guy and shitfling
>>

Gen 5 didn't have Amie and it had no BF or following Pokemon, despite all the walking Pokemon sprites being in the game. What does Amie have to do with anything?
>>
>>27187114
Too bad everyone on /vp/ has the same vapid, bitter and 2intellectual personality otherwise people would begin to see /vp/ as a board and not a person
>>
I don't know about getting crucify, but I have a lot of unpopular ones.
>Gamefreaks don't know jackshit about game balancing.
>Despite that, Showdown are worse than VGC
>First 3 season of pokemon anime are the worst.
>Ash is a pretty likeable main character
>I wait for a hacked version of pokemon game, because it's more immersive and challenging.
>Junichi Masuda doesn't care enough about the fans to make a game that we want.
>Making more than one version of the same fucking game is a shitty and greedy af business practice.
>Since gen 6, making more than 50 new pokemon per gen is retarded. Should only focus on small ammount of pokemon with high quaity design, instead of 150ish pokemon with meh design overall.
>The current typing chart is stupid af
>HM are should not be removed, but tweaked so that it's usable in battle.
>GF have made too many redundant pokemon. Like no one is going to train Goldeen, psyduck, finneon, they'd rather train a fucking Magikarp.
>Pokemon game remakes are no better than game remasters that other company makes.
>>
>>27187618
>Gamefreaks don't know jackshit about game balancing.
Everyone can agree

>Despite that, Showdown are worse than VGC
Autists are vocal about this

>I wait for a hacked version of pokemon game, because it's more immersive and challenging.
Such is the case of every game, modified versions are always better

>Junichi Masuda doesn't care enough about the fans to make a game that we want.
The effort and appeal is there, it's just for the wrong target audience

>Making more than one version of the same fucking game is a shitty and greedy af business practice.
Agreed, because that money and effort could be put in to something fresh and innovative but we end up stuck with the same shit with a fresh coat of paint to hide the rust yet idiots like to vocalise their support and expectations for remakes

>Since gen 6, making more than 50 new pokemon per gen is retarded. Should only focus on small ammount of pokemon with high quaity design, instead of 150ish pokemon with meh design overall.
Definitely agree, but again Autists are vocal about 70 Pokemon memes

>GF have made too many redundant pokemon. Like no one is going to train Goldeen, psyduck, finneon, they'd rather train a fucking Magikarp.
There needs to be a certain amount of diversity to Pokemon, I think there's a nice balance of species so that's an unpopular one

>Pokemon game remakes are no better than game remasters that other company makes.
Disagree. I'd rank Pokemon remakes higher than the likes of upscaled HD graphics + DLC that should of been in the game to begin with
>>
>>27187787
>Such is the case of every game, modified versions are always better
Not true, there are some mods that are worse, sometimes even on purpose (Kaizo, Terrywads and similar)
>>
>>27187869
What I meant was, like the elder scroll series. We chose the best mods to personalise our experience making it a better game technically since it's our vision
>>
>>27186796
Wow I was drooling on your dick until you brought up BW.

Fuck off nigger.
>>
File: 1465156628905.gif (848KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1465156628905.gif
848KB, 500x281px
>>27186796
>Pokemon designes became better overall.
>Object/"weird"/"ugly" designs are better than animals that spit fire
>Gen5 had the best art direction so far
>Charizard and Gyarados are actually bad
>Megas are cool
>Fairy should have had been there since the beginning
>Gen4 was the best
i believe all these
>>
/vp/ should never discus anything related to the metagame as it's clear we know nothing about it with generally low elos and zero presence in any competitive community. We prove our Shittiness in every replay thread as we try to showcase our ebin rage quits in shitty nothing tries like randoms or AG.

Smogon isn't the best resource but it's a hell of a lot more credible than anything the majority of /vp/ could ever be.
>>
gen 3 started the boring music train, gen 1 and 2 having amazing music comparably
>>
File: Cup of Cappuccino.jpg (148KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cup of Cappuccino.jpg
148KB, 550x600px
>>27187983
I share all of these except the part about Gen IV.
>>
>>27188025
>S-smogon banned my favourite mon
>Time to shitpost about how smogonfags ruin the franchise because yeh they do

It's the low rating players who complain or frequent showdown threads because high elo players are too busy being autistic and wanking off to their suspect threads on smogon. /vp/ is only really good for hype threads
>>
>>27188034
I think you mean after gen 4, the Cynthia pre-battle music was the most hype shit not to mention the legendary themes
>>
File: 1466200841492.jpg (946KB, 2527x3149px) Image search: [Google]
1466200841492.jpg
946KB, 2527x3149px
>>27188061
Hardest rival and champion, comfy AF, a team that wasn't plain as gen1&2, nor stupid as 3
It felt more like sequel to gen1 more than the Johtto part of gen2
Maybe I am biased because RSE pushed me away from the Franchise, but gen4 made me come back and even complete the pokedex when I was like 12

also, only waifu in pokemon id like
>>
>>27188148
but gen 3 was garbage
>>
>>27187983
you are retarded
>>
>>27188176
Please take your ad hominems of muh opinion threads
>>
>>27188152
Oh, IV had some of the best character design IMO, and the postgame was pretty sweet.

I still disagree though. (Because of the polarizing Gen V, I loooove it)
>>
>>27187162
>reddit is superior
I could have agree if you said some pokémon forum or smogon, but really reddit is even more shit when it comes to talk about pokémon. Literally people don't even know what EVs or IVs are, there.
>>
>>27186796

>>Following Pokemon and Battle Frontier were great features that could have made a comeback if Amie hadn't taken up development time. Amie is a waste.

>could have made a comeback if Amie hadn't taken up development time

The mindset in general thinking that you would get something else if _____ didn't exist is a shitty one

Please stop having this

It's bad enough /v/ has this on a daily basis
>>
>>27189350
if you have infinite time and people at your hands then yes it'd be a shitty mindset
>>
I really like Chesnaught.
>>
R/S/E has really shitty music. Almost as bad as B/W
>>
I have never played B/W or B2/W2 because I have zero interest in any of the region's pokemon and don't give a shit about postgame content in most Pokemon games.
>>
File: 1316234424049.gif (2MB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1316234424049.gif
2MB, 275x200px
>>27189839

You take that back right fucking now.
>>
File: image.jpg (889KB, 4096x2210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
889KB, 4096x2210px
>>
>I really wish they could scrap fucking starters and let you start from a list of common Pokemon. I want to start with a fucking Aron, god damn it.
>Gen III was the best art and theme wise.
>Gen II was the best game wise.
>>
>>27190949
Mods.
>>
Gen 3 had the worst music by far

Chespin is the best starter

Battle facilities suck because the enemies have perfect pokemon and stacked rng

All of the gen 1 starters are boring and bland
>>
>>27187983
>>Gen5 had the best art direction so far
Completely agreed.
>>
People who say Dragonite sucks because it doesn't look like Dragonair are actually retarded.

Mr. Mime, Magmortar, Keldeo and the Elemental Monkeys are not bad designs.
>>
>>27186796
>beast type
>pocket monsters
>monsters
>pokemon type
>normal type
>>
>>27186796
>Following Pokemon was a great feature.
It added fuck all to the game other than general annoyance.
>Battle Frontier was a great feature.
I am not buying the next game if it doesn't have Battle Factory or an equivalent.
>Fairy was a step in the right direction in the interest of clearing up a nebulous type.
Correct.
>Beast type would have been great for normal type animals, too.
I agree there are too many normals, but they seem to design less and less of them with each gen. I don't think they need split further.
>Sound type would still be a good addition.
Incorrect.
>Steel should be super effective against Dragon.
Pre-Fairy? Absolutely. Now? Probably.
>Gen 5's graphics, sprites, and design motif were all ass.
You're worst opinion yet. Gen V's graphics were the highlight for me, and I fucking miss sprites.
>>
>>27191291
>other than general annoyance.
What was annoying about it?
>>
>>27186796
>Pokemon Amie is a waste, and was a good idea, but done awfully.

>Hawlucha is a terrible Pokemon. I despise everything about it.

>HMs aren't that bad, besides the cut tree at the Dreamyard.

>BW and BW2 were both near perfect games, but I enjoyed BW more.

>Gen 4 never felt slow to me. Perfect region.

>I'd rather look at Gen 1's black and white pixels over Gen 3. I don't really know why.
>>
>>27191359
>hm's aren't bad besides the one game that had you use one hm exactly once
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 210x243px
>>27186796
>Soul Silver is incredibly overrated and I enjoy ORAS more
>Pokemon like Magnemite and Honedge are better designs than Growlithe and Magikarp
>Despite this, no Pokemon generation has the largest amount of badly designed Pokemon
>The Battle Frontier is overrated any one a few Battle Fronts are any good.
>PokeStar Studios and the PWT are the best post game modes
>We need more post game side quests like the Looker side quest and the Delta Episode
>Gen Six's EXP share is the best
>IVs are good in concept but the community has ruined them
>I would be fine with the series being easier of the story and characters were better
>Generation 5 is criminally underrated, but there's not really a bad Generation.
>Megas are cool and I hope we get more.
>>
>>27191291
>pokemon walking behind you which literally does not hinder gameplay in any way period
>general annoyance

The word "autism" gets thrown around a lot but I think it's appropriate here.
>>
File: Crying Charizard.gif (1016KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
Crying Charizard.gif
1016KB, 500x317px
>>27186796
I like Charizard
>>
>>27192014
Mega Charizard X is way better
>>
File: Lucario.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Lucario.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>27192014
I like Lucario
>>
Crime teams are the shitty part of the game
>>
>>27189350
It's perfectly logical. That is why they are recycling all the old 3D models. What it would add to the game to have new models would not be an efficient use of time and money. Time and money they wisely spent on making the whole world full 3D non-chibi.
>>
>>27193551
>Time and money they wisely spent on making the whole world full 3D non-chibi.
I agree on the rest of what you said, but the model style isn't such a big deal.
>>
File: 1459991252534.png (263KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1459991252534.png
263KB, 550x550px
>>27192160
I lime Lucario's paws
>>
>>27186796
HGSS are flawed, boring games and hardly come close to being the pinnacle of the franchise.
>>
I know I'm gonna be hated for but

I like Pokemon
>>
>>27193640
What?
>>
File: fo_splash.gif (32KB, 607x426px) Image search: [Google]
fo_splash.gif
32KB, 607x426px
Following Pokémon is the most dumbest shit ever. I'm actually glad they took it away.

I fucking haye Amie. It's so pointless. Unless you want a Sylveon. Which is the reason Amie exists in the first place.

Gen 4 sucks ass. Lucario sucks ass. Lickilicky sucks ass. Mt. Coronet sucks ass. Galactic sucks ass. GTS sucks ass. Except for Yanmega. He is my nigga.

Magmar has got to be the WORST design for a Pokémon I have ever seen. It saddens me that Vanilluxe, something that is way more clever is getting shat on in favor of that monstrosity. Lickilicky is a close second. In fact, I think Samurott is really cool.

I use both Bulbapedia and Serebii. (One for game shit, the other for news)

I actually don't mind all of the normalfags. /pol/, /r9k/ and /soc/ can go fuck themeselves though.

ORAS was full of shit to do post-game. Too bad most of it was boring things we've already seen.

I never cared for the Pokémon Frontier and will never care.

Yes, these are my honest opinions. Go ahead, crucify me. I don't care.
>>
>>27186796

I like contests.

I think EVs should be reworked so autists can't win this game.
>>
Following and Frontier are good but if we had no Amie they wouldn't magically decide to put those in instead, instead we'd have something like the "talk with Pokemon" function they wanted or we'd just get the game a year and a half earlier
>>
>>27196493

Gen 4 was trash. It's all trash. All of Gen 4's everything was trash. Nothing improved. It all went to shit then.
>>
>>27196521
Yes but Yanmega though.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.