[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scg/ - sinnoh classic general https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

/scg/ - sinnoh classic general

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/afa324af-7e70-4909-b4f4-6dfd3d561ea3

register at pgl. registration ends 21 July 23:59 utc

- post the team you plan to use
- discuss strategies
- discuss the meta you expect to see
- exchange fc to practice battle
>>
File: IMG_2016-07-10-10410994.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016-07-10-10410994.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
my team so far is

smeargle @ focus sash
timid / moody
dark void
entrainment (might switch to transform)
sheer cold
spiky shield

crobat @ lum berry
jolly / inner focus
haze
brave bird
taunt
u turn

gyarados @ sitrus berry
jolly / intimidate
protect
waterfall
taunt
thunder wave

infernape @ life orb
jolly / iron fist
mach punch
flare blitz
fake out
quick guard

porygon2 @ eviolite
modest / trace
protect
ice beam
thunderbolt
tri attack

metagross @ air balloon
adamant / clear body
protect
zen headbutt
bullet punch
psych up

i'm thinking of replacing the crobat with a prankster sableye or a lightning rod raichu.

seems like mental herb trick room cresselia is going to be a thing though, so double taunt might not bea bad idea
>>
i plan to enter just for the garchomp
>>
>>27185270
but what is your team bro??
>>
>>27185170
I'm pretty sure you can only enter with pokémon that were ADDED in gen 4.
>>
>>27185402
Nope, anything that was in the dex up to gen 4.
>>
>>27185402
follow the link in op post. anything up to dex #493 minus the ban list
>>
>>27185042
Also, I'd like to point out that we could also use Showdown! to practice if you don't want to exchange friend codes.
>>
>>27185501
i didn't suggest that because at this point you need to have your team bred or nearly finished. so battling on cart is an incentive to actually force people to get their teams finalized.
>>
>>27185170
btw my fc is 1075-2015-5356. but i can't battle until later.
>>
>>27185446
>>27185422
Oh, alright. Misread. I apologize for the misinformation.
>>
>>27185543
>not injecting
top kek
>>
>>27186321
you'll get banned from online if you do that. you shouldn't cheat, it's a dick thing to do.
>>
>>27186387
How would they know if you injected?
>>
My team is almost ready to battle if someone wants.
>>
>>27187146
i'll battle you in a few hours when i get home from work.

my fc is here >>27185568
>>
Well at least on Showdown the team seems to be working. Granted I lost to a guy because I didn't handle his Smeargle correctly, but otherwise it seems to be random scrubs. So that's not saying much.
>>
>>27188323
what is your team?
>>
>>27188365
Improving on ideas from the format of the time, but it's:
Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 204 HP / 92 Def / 100 SpA / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Giga Drain

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore

Rotom-Heat @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 44 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Obviously I couldn't do the whole explosion Metagross/Bronzong thing since explosion is kinda shit now. But the premise is abuse Swift Swim and Garchomp while having a way to play outside of rain if it's necessary. Tangela is working great for redirection and has better stats than Clefairy, on top of that it gets access to stun spore to speed control ground types. And Rotom is there for quaking and dealing with grass and flying types that hurt my team. Mamo will outspeed Weavile by 1 point to do whatever it feels like that turn

I also realize that I need to fix my Rotom spread since it's wasting points in defense.
>>
Oh, and here's a few replays for people to watch.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/sinnohclassic-400261574
Basically I put this guy into a world of hurt using Ludi and Mamo right off the bat and then just sack him by putting his Pachi and Garde to sleep with Toed.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/sinnohclassic-400269839
I got to manhandle this guy using mamo and chomp right out of the gate vs his guts heracross. Once that was out of the way Ludi could come in and sweep depending on what he brought.
>>
Bump to save from page 10 and keep people aware.
>>
>>27188486
ok i added you let's battle now
>>
File: floatzel_by_xous54.png (91KB, 378x507px) Image search: [Google]
floatzel_by_xous54.png
91KB, 378x507px
Tips for a team with Floatzel as a sweeper? I don't even know if I do as the attacker, physical or special
>>
>>27190378
Replace Ludi on any top team from the format with Floatzel.
>>
>>27186387
First day on /vp/?
>>
>>27190440
you're mad because you like to cheat?
>>
>>27190378
Floatzel has great speed and attack, and shit everything else.

If you can set up rain, Band it, and give it Waterfall, and whatever physical coverage you think would work.

If no rain, Scarf it, and do the same.
>>
>>27186387
No you won't. You only get banned if you do a beyond shitty job of injecting.

Also, it isn't cheating, it's time saving. Nothing you get out of injecting is unobtainable in-game. It's just like using the EXP. Share to raise the team up to 50.
>>
>>27190471
I've been using injected mons for every battle comp since last year, why would I be?
>>
>>27190573
oh it isn't cheating? so you'll tell the judges at competitions that you injected them because it's not cheating? you won't because you'll get disqualified for cheating you say? hmmm. seems like a paradox.
>>
>>27190296
Hopping online now.
>>
>>27190657
i see you
>>
File: ray.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ray.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>27190641
You type like an underage faggot, go back to /r/pokemon.
>>
>>27190641
Reminder that Verlisfag got beaten by a guy who injected, who then came clean about it, then nothing bad happened to that guy whatsoever.
>>
>>27190551
Oh, thanks.
I want to put it in a team of rain, with Politoed, or Ludicolo. What would be other helpers ideal? I accept any tip wall, cleric, lead or other.
>>
>>27190641
>seems like a paradox.
Learn what the fuck a paradox is before you try and use it. You'll look less like a retard.
>>
>>27190702
Maybe I'm fucking high, but didn't Shiny Haxorus bro actually get hired on to moderate by Nintendo later? Or was that some other guy? Or am I just fucking high?
>>
>>27190657
yeah i suck gg
>>
>>27190674
Gg, and do you want any advice?

>>27190775
And if you're talking about Ray"gislash" Rizzo, yeah he gets to commentate on pokemon events. But it's not like it's not a widely known secret that most top players hack.
>>
>>27190641

>>27190702
>>27190775
>>27190810

Remember kids, the lesson here is that even Nintendo/Game Freak doesn't want to hear you bitch about injectors.
>>
>>27190810
ok. i have other Pokémon I could use. i was thinking of my rotom wash or a garchomp

more people should post their fcs so we can practice.
>>
>>27190894
>>27190702
>>27190692
>>27190580
>>27190573
lol the cheaters object a bit too much if it were so legit then you wouldn't get so defensive about it
>>
>>27185170
>>27190800
Assuming this is your team, I'd look at putting taunt on crobat so it can outspeed any non scarfed smeargles and keep it from flipping up dark void as well as making sure it has inner focus. Also, I'd probably look at taunt/super fang/quick guard/tailwind so it can support better.

I think smeargle should be a little more supportive without an ohko move, like maybe wide guard, crafty shield, fake out, or drop it altogether.

Gyarados needs another attack besides waterfall since otherwise it gets walled by anything with water absorb/storm drain.

Infernape would probably appreciate a focus sash with nothing but attacking moves so it can guarantee get 2 attacks off.

porygon2 is cute and bulky, but doesn't bring much to the team beyond that. And if I had to guess because of its nature it probably will get ohkoed by any fighting type attack.

I have no clue what's going on with metagross that have psych up beyond maybe copying smeargle's stat boosts, so I'd probably replace that with something you'd more consistently use like ice punch. You could look at assault vest and fattening it up so it can tank whatever gets thrown at it.
>>
To be honest im not even sure how i should make up my team. It seems like Cresselia and Rage Powder/Follow Me are the way to go. I have until the 21st to join, is thay correct?
>>
>>27190922
The "cheaters" don't object at all. Complainers like you always try to pick a fight, and we humor you.
>>
>>27190926
the porygon is replacement for cresselia. i don't have a competitive cresselia so i use it. and then the smeargle with entrainment can hit it up with moody and hope for boosts to tanking stats.

sheer cold is cool on the smeargle if you get that accuracy boost.

focus sash is for smeargle though

metagross psych up is for getting moody boosts
>>
>>27190894
I honestly don't care. Being a college student and playing VGC was hell. I'd rather inject than waste hours breeding and soft resetting for perfect pokemon only to have what I need change next week.

But let's get back on the topic on hand.

I made a few team changes to what I'll be using and won't post specifics until afterwards/more testing. But currently it's looking like
Ludicolo
Fake Out
Surf
Giga Drain
Ice Beam

Politoed
Scald
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance

Kingdra
D-Meteor
Scald
Ice Beam
Surf

Lapras
Sheer Cold
Freeze-Dry
Ice Shard
Hydro Pump

Scizor
Feint
Burrito Punch
Bug Bite
Protect

Arcanine
Wild Charge
E-Speed
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

>>27190962
Honestly, since rain teams were so huge back in 2009 I'd look at going that way.

>>27190989
If you want I'll inject you one.
>>
>>27191006
all of my speed is in my crobat and infernape which i couldn't use against your rain team. i didn't think you'd outspeed my crobat though :( crobat has taunt btw but tailwind is better than haze for sure
>>
>>27191081
Crobat was one of those things I was having issues with, so I made sure I could outspeed it under rain. And I probably misread the move list then.
My offer still stands of injecting you a Cresselia if you want one, I don't mind doing some injecting for this thread. The keyword there is some.
>>
>>27191164
thanks but i'd just waste it. i'm not good at battling as you saw. i just like trying with Pokémon i can make through breeding.
>>
>>27188486
Why Thunderbolt on Rotom? Wouldn't thunder be a better choice for a rain team?
>>
>>27191640
It was also for use outside of rain, so basically consistency.
>>
>>27190719
I give mine Soak and pair it with a specs Rotom-W.
>>
Anyone ever used a Jynx? I have had good luck running Mr.Mime, but I have never come across a Jynx user.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.