[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gives? Why is no one hyped for Darkrai being in Pokken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 295x171px
What gives? Why is no one hyped for Darkrai being in Pokken? We finally got new content for the game, yet everyone is ignoring this and just posting more GO shit. I've lost hope in the Pokemon fanbase.
>>
No one even plays Pokken anymore
>>
Pokken's single player is boring, the multiplayer scene is dead and Darkrai is a pretty boring choice.
>>
>>27177878
We've already had threads about Darkrai and shit.

That, and Pokken is pretty weak.
>>
Pokkén is boring as a Pokémon game. The roster is boring, the game itself may as well be dead, and Darkrai adds nothing good to the game.
Empoleon or Scizor being revealed would've been more exciting. Scizor is an obvious pick, extremely popular gen 2 rep. Empoleon is a more interesting choice, and it would've been fun to see it in action.
>>
Because unfortunately, the game is dead as fuck and absolutely nobody cares.
It's a real fucking shame because I like the game a lot. The problem is, it just didn't stick with anyone.

The concept of a Pokemon fighting game is amazing, and I think this was pulled off really well. It just is on the Wii U and requires 2 fucking consoles for decent local multiplayer.

It has too much working against it.

I'd love to see a Pokken 2 on a console with an actual userbase.
>>
>>27178077
The local scene is doing just fine, beats out SF5 in some regions. Pokken will be at EVO.

I don't know what kind of popularity you're expecting from a fighting game. It's technically just a japanese arcade port.
>>
i want to see how empoleon would fight
>>
>>27177878
It's technically not even new content for the game. There's no telling if it will ever come to the console version

Look at my Pokemon Ranch.
>>
who cares about darkrai
>>
Everyone hates Darkrai
>>
>>27178200
it's literally on update files in the wii u game
>>
>>27177878
I'm surprised it wasn't Greninja given the popularity. Darkrai is a cool concept but not engaging enough.

I'm baffled that none of the Hitmons made it in. They're literally based off styles of martial arts and would have been very easy to implement, especially Hitmontop.
>>
EVERYBOOODY HATES DARKRAI!!!!!

Literally.. He doesnt even look like a pokemon. The first comment on the Youtube trailer was "LMAOOOOO WTF IS THAT PIECE OF SHIT"
>>
>>27178236
So was the stuff for the Platinum update in My Pokemon Ranch, which never made it to America because "lolspinoff nobody cares"
>>
I don't even play Pokken, but I like the fact Darkrai got in. One of my favorite legendaries.
>>
>>27178260
>youtube comments
>mattering
I want 12-year-olds to leave
>>
>>27178243

Dont bother, they would have just made 2 more Machamps

I fucking HATE pokken and the franchise for constantly shitting on Machamp

Was really the only reason I was looking forward to it because I saw Machamp in the initial trailer and he looked beast, I figured maybe they might actually show him some love

And who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put fucking EL LIBRE PIKACHU but not Hawlucha??

So many fuckups this game has for an actually nice fighter. Shame, fuckin shame
>>
>>27178268
Except people actually play this game. It's going to be in EVO.

Sorry about your Pokemon Ranch though.
>>
>>27177878
im happy for dlc but no one wanted darkrai
>>
Because they didn't say when it would be on the Wii U. Hell, Braixen, Garchomp, and Shadow Mewtwo were not playable in the arcade versions for how long after the Wii U came out, like 4 months at least?

I'll be more excited when I find out the day I will be able to play as Darkrai myself
>>
>>27178243
they explained why it wasn't Greninja IIRC, saying something like "it would be too easy"
>>
>>27177878
The problem is that Pokken is a shit game. I like that they made it, because it shows a willingness to try new things, but honestly the game is fucking terrible. I own it, but I played it for maybe two weeks and don't plan on ever playing it again. Bummed I wasted the money desu
>>
>>27177878
No Golurk no buy
>>
Gee OP, maybe because the amount of people who own a Wii U is only 0.001% of the amount of people who own an android phone? Maybe because most people who own a Wii U don't even own Pokken?

People aren't actively ignoring it. It's just that no-one has a reason to give a shit.
>>
>>27178116
>and requires 2 fucking consoles for decent local multiplayer

Jesus fuck
>>
>not many people own a Wii U while far more own 3DS and everyone has a smartphone
>legends in general aren't that popular here, especially ones that aren't the "cute" ones
>Pokken isn't a very fun game to begin with
>>
>gen 4 legendary

it's_shit.jpg
>>
>>27178324
I thought at first you were bashing Machamp. I kind of agree since Machamp is a bottom tier character although Goreson did win Milan/Italy championships with a Machamp so it's not entirely a lost cause
>>
>>27178324
Machamp is the poster Fighting type for crying out loud, just like how Alakazam and Gengar are the mascots of Psychic and Ghost types respectively.
>>
>>27179387
Nobody cares about gen V mons, it's like a fucking miracle that Chandelure of all things got in and I'm mad about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 326x343px
>>27180995
>Nobody cares about gen V mons
>>
>>27177878
Darkrai is stupidly hard to get and is usually only available through very limited events so I can see why no one cared for it. This is also the reason why Zoroark is ignored in BW-the hard to obtain thing despite not being a legendary while Lucario is literally given to you. Even the mewclones are easier to get.
>>
>>27177878
>GO
>pokemon fanbase

pick one

I'm sure 70% of GO users (and I'm keeping it low) MAYBE played RBY twenty years ago.

>>27180995
>it's like a fucking miracle that Chandelure of all things got in

It's the most popular unovamon in nippoland
>>
I've never kept afloat on pokken but I don't hear a lot about new characters, maybe it's that they left too large of a gap between launch and new content that no-one cares?
>>
>>27177878
Who cares about that shit game
>>
>>27177878
Game is dead

Nobody owns it

This is an arcade DLC, not console

Roster is garbage as is it -- tryhard edgy as far as the eye can see

>Pick one
>>
>>27177878
The game is dead, no one even plays it anymore. The last time I played it was the week it came out and I never touched it again, it got really boring really fast.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.