[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We will get a Kanto revisit/remake in the next 5-7 years, mark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: genwunperler.jpg (141KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
genwunperler.jpg
141KB, 764x1024px
We will get a Kanto revisit/remake in the next 5-7 years, mark my words. It may not be a popular opinion, and most of /vp/ won't want it (or will bitch it out but buy it anyway), but generation 6, Pokemon GO and the Virtual Console re-releases will have undeniably shown Nintendo and Game Freak the power of normies, genwunners and college kids who watched the anime as little babbies. Kanto in 3D is too lucrative of an idea for them to not pursue it.

It might be a 'reimagining' or a 'X years later' instead of a remake, or it might even be a Yellow-type deal where they mix the games with anime and TCG concepts to cash in on maximum nostalgia, but it will happen. Might as well brace yourselves for it early, lads
>>
>>27142330
If it's a distant sequel with a reimagined Kanto (think BW2 Unova) with the new design influences and QoL changes we've been getting, I would actually be fine with it.
Having Pi(ka)chu as a starter is also overdue, it's been a while
>>
>>27142379
OP here, I feel completely the same way. A sequel that took place 17 years after GSC or something like that with significant changes would actually be kind of cool; I'd like to see how Kanto has changed in all of those years rather than a straight-up remake again.

Still, I'd rather no more Kanto for a while but the smart money says they're going to go back there sooner rather than later.
>>
>>27142330
We can play all regions on the 3DS now so I'm not sure remakes will happen until the next handheld isn't backwards compatible with DS games (so yeah, probably 5-7 years).

Even then I'd hope for this >>27142379
>>
>25th anniversary
>announce a game about returning to Kanto
>original 151 pokemon plus enough fan favorites to pad out the types and make a well rounded dex.
>map is expanded and updated
>"it's been 25 years since your last journey in Kanto".

What would you anons like to see changed specifically? I want some of the routes to become more interesting, like a park in place of the route between Celadon and Saffron because it's embarrassingly short. also haunted radio tower/explorable catacombs in Lavender Town because the radio tower being built in a graveyard still pisses me off
>>
>>27143131
>Blue is the new prof Oak
>Silver is the Viridian gym leader, trying to right the wrongs of his father
>Mt. Moon is a mega energy mining facility, the meteor that landed there years ago is tied into some AZOTH bullshit I guess
>Milf Misty and Erika
>Sabrina went to be a star in Unova so the Dojo is the gym of Saffron again
>Some sort of dungeon inside the Cinnabar volcano
>The old man in Vermillion died and people finished his building in his honor, its a hype as fuck battle facility
>Prof Oak battle like they had planned for RBY? Just throw in all the beta features of the kanto games for all I care
>Sevii islands please
A man can dream
>>
>>27143332
>Silver is the Viridian gym leader, trying to right the wrongs of his father
>Le Giovanni is Silver's dad

Stop this meme immediately
>>
>>27143357
>he doesn't know about the Celebi event

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/celebi.shtml
>>
>>27143357
>I'm a fucking retard
You are aware that literally got confirmed in HG/SS, right?

Oh right, probably not. I forgot that /vp/ doesn't actually play the games, they just shitpost about them
>>
>>27143332

This is a fantastic idea

>>27143357

This is a retard
>>
>>27143396
>>27143407

ITT: People take the shitty bait
I'm not >>27143357 btw
>>
>>27143497
What can I say, it's easy to spot bait on /v/ or /a/ but /vp/ is full of honest to God retards and it's only gotten worse since the Go-fags flooded the board. I honestly can't tell the difference between people who are playing it straight and ten-layers-of-irony roothoot tier fags anymore.
>>
I'd be up for a Kantor evisit if it took X amount of years later. Added about 130 New mons to deserve the dex out a bit and some new or polished up locations and throw in Johoto to. I'd buy that day one
>>
>>27143588
Give it like 2 months tops, it'll be back to pre-Go levels. Hopefully.

I play Go but there's plenty of Facebook groups for that. I just want to talk about SM
>>
>>27142330
I think those will be the next games actually.

>>27143332
Decent ideas actually. I'd also expect the house at Vermilion will finally be done, and the caves will be re excavated
>>
>Get a kanto starter and it's mega stone towards the elite 4
>Add Johoto and Sinnoh evos and expand the dex with more mons of non existing types in kanto like dark, ghost, steel etc
>X years has passed. Brock is no longer leader, Pewter gym is now dark type
>Serge is now Unovan, not American
>Sabrina is gone, now he fighting Dojo is the Safferon gym
>Cinnbar is rebuilt, Blane went back to being a scientist, there's a new leader
>Cinnbar Volcano is now a dungeon
>Sevii islands are back
>>
I honestly expect Kanto remakes to be the next games after Sun/Moon. Most likely Pokemon's first handhel/console game on the NX. It'd be great if it was a major update or "X years later" instead of a straight reboot though.
>Add in all the evolutions/prevos from Johto/Sinnoh/Kalos
>Add in Johto mon that are only found in Kanto in the Johto games
>Wild Eevees somewhere now because of Bill excessively breeding them
>I'm sure someone will gift a Riolu
>>
>3D Kanto
>All towns and Cities expanded and ideal amount of futuristic looks with old town in new town elements
>Kanto is at it's peak for the region after implied war events that happened in RBY
>An additional 50 pokemon not introduced in the area from previous games as an outcome of how well Kanto is developing
>New Gym leaders or Grown up Gym leaders
>Caves and such have even had their own insides explored and developed to a degree with new areas and items to collect
>Routes are a bit smarter and expanded on and there are random events that can go on on particular days and times homage to some trainers that still train there to the very day they caught their pokemon with new trainers and trainer types
>Lakes, Ponds, and Rivers have either overflowed, dried up, or can do both and some that never really are effected
>Timed events in Kanto region wide like weather, sales, and crimes with their own story contribution
>Team Rocket has developed into a corporate conglomerate alongside Silph to better further the world or with rouge members cause more grief as they're still stuck to their roots
>New Team trying to bring back TR to its "Former Glory" so they're on a mysterious hunt to unravel a new legendary pokemon that can change outcomes in time and space with a touch
>New Elite Four group with it's old crew able to be found across the region or hints of being deceased
>Age is a big theme here so you can see or visit shrines discovered around the region or visit cemeteries of past trainers and pokemon

/vp/ I could go on with this forever on every detail I would change in cities and how they grew or how some lost population ex. Cinnabar island in GSC
>>
>>27146128
>Kanto is at it's peak for the region after implied war events that happened in RBY
I hate that fanfic stuff.
>>
>>27143332
>>The old man in Vermillion died and people finished his building in his honor, its a hype as fuck battle facility
That would be glorious.
But,
>AZOTH bullshit
Just let it die.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.