[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think one of the biggest things I enjoyed about gen1 was that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

I think one of the biggest things I enjoyed about gen1 was that it wasn't afraid to do edgy shit on occasion like with Team Rocket killing Marowaks mother.

Say what you will about the gameplay and some of the awful game mechanics. But the new ones just feel to "cutsey" about me. Back then it was just "going on an adventure"

But now the newer ones are like "GOING ON AN ADVENTURE! ^.^"

I miss when your rivals could be assholes and not constantly sucking the players dick the entire way through. Am I the only one who gets this vibe? it's like going from Evangelion to Luckystar or something.
>>
>>27141463
They were coming out of war as a society during the time of the first game.

Now shit is paradise. Problem?
>>
File: 1302983975710.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1302983975710.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
>>27141481
What?
>>
I somewhat agree, but what about the Gen5 games that focus on a megalomaniac that mistreats his own (adoptive?) son just to become the most powerful person in the land
And Team Galactic literally bombed a few lakes, leaving lots of magikarps to flop about before they died
And there's even pokemon that are the ghosts of children lost in the forest, or carry the deathmask of their former human bodies wherever they float

I do wish they'd expand more on the cruel exploits like they did with marowak, but it's not like they've completely stopped doing things about cruelty

And even if Blue went "Smell ya later", and acted like he was better than you he was still a friend
the only non-friend rival we ever had was Silver
>>
>>27141502
THE FIRST POKEMON GAMES ARE ABOUT A POST-WAR SOCIETY AND THEY'RE BARELY UNDERSTANDING POKEMON THEY HAVE TO COEXIST WITH

Do you even pay attention to the games you play?
>>
>>27141481
>>27141576
that's just a theory, and using it as a canon explanation isn't worth much

>>27141502
you new? how do you not know about the war?
>>
>>27141463
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>27141576
>fanfiction
lol
>>
>>27141463
no you're just a nostalgic faggot stuck in the past who chooses to remember things that aren't true
>>
>>27141463
Your opinion is shit and noone cares about it.
>>
>>27141694
I don't agree with him, but no anon, you are the faggot
>>
>>27141463
Ghetsis literally tries to murder you for stopping i plans while XY has tons of pokemon dead from a past war, and attemted genocide, and unlike Team Rocket's Marowak this is shown on screen
>>
>>27141828
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Team Galactic also beat up a Musharna in front of the PC?
>>
>killing one pokemon
>nearly nuking the entire planet
>>
>>27143341
that was Plasma, not Galactic.
>>
>>27141463

> Gen One had a good storyline

Nigga, what?!

It's fine to be nostalgic, but let's not bullshit here
>>
>>27141463
Az literally went nuclear on the Pokemon world. Thousands died, people and Pokemon. Then his great great great (etc) grandson Lysandre tried to do the same thing and ended up blowing himself up and/or granting himself the curse of immortality. Then some fucks in Hoenn caught wind of all of this and decided it'd be stellar if they made a Sea Mauville facility to mine the bodies of dead Pokemon from the ocean to harvest them for energy or some dumb shit like that. I don't really get gen 6

The point is, modern Pokemon is probably even edgier than old Pokemon, not that that's a good thing. Stop letting your nostalgia and/or your need to shitpost blind you.
>>
>>27141539
>the only non-friend rival we ever had was Silver
And he ends up mellowing out and becoming friends with you in the end anyway.
>>
>>27143394
>>27141828
>>27141694

This.

The motivations of the villain teams have basically gone from "fuck bitches, get money" to genocide, the institution of a dictatorship using pokemon as power pieces, and the complete destruction and rewriting of the universe.

As with everyone who "misses" something that was lost since Gen 1, OP is just being nostalgic and selectively remembering and ignoring the same elements in the newer games.
>>
Sort of related, why is a such a significant amount of in-game pokemon dialogue dedicated to loving pokemon? When you win major battles your told its because of your love for your pokemon and your meanie rival can't win because he doesn't love his pokemon
>>
>>27141463
Gen 1 sucked your dick too. Oak acts like you're a prodigy right out the gate. Blue is jealous of you.

If you stop relying on nostalgia, you'd realize not much is different. The games have always been about friendship and have always had overly cute themes. And later games still have 'edge' and darker themes.

The only thing you miss about gen 1 is being a kid.
>>
>>27143445
Because that's the message they've been conveying the entire time
Pokemon aren't tools, they are caught solely to befriend them and form bonds with them
They are sent to battle to prove the bonds between Pokemon and humans, not just to test their strength
>>
I remember a cracked article (i know, >cracked) complaining about how morbid Pokémon has gotten, citing Drifloon and Yamask as examples, no mention of Cubone.
>>
>>27141463
AZ, a character in X and Y, killed thousands of Pokemon intentionally to bring back his best friend from death.
>>
File: 1301935771843.jpg (124KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
1301935771843.jpg
124KB, 500x583px
>>27141463
>Gen one was edgy because a Pokemon died!
>Forgets Gen 4's ripping apart space time to remake the world as its new god
>Forgets actual child abuse in Gen 5
>Forgets Ghetsis actually attempting to straight up murder you with an ice sword, still in Gen 5
>Forgets Gen 6's plot was literally to wipe out all life on the planet so that those deemed 'beautiful' could live forever

How has the game gotten less edgy?
>>
>>27141463
>I think one of the biggest things I enjoyed about gen1 was that it wasn't afraid to do edgy shit on occasion like with Team Rocket killing Marowaks mother.
You mean like later gens' teams wanting to kill millions of people like Flare or straight up murder everyone like Galactic?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.