[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they put this in the game when they didn't intend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 13.png (2KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
2KB, 160x144px
Why did they put this in the game when they didn't intend for you to catch it?
>>
>>27141081
but i caught like 20 mews
>>
>>27141081
For events you newfag
>>
Because games used to have fun secrets before the Internet.
>>
>>27141081
Because when they removed debug tools from the dev build. The devs realises they had enough space for one more Pokemon and added it before telling anyone. It was right before release or something. Nintendo decided to use the Pokemon as promotion via events
>>
Why did they bother adding Hoopa, Volcanion, and Mega Latios and Latias to X/Y if they weren't going to be obtainable in X/Y?
>>
>>27141081
>specie
>>
>>27141081
Programmer left it in as a joke.
>>
Ever since video games became a thing, coders put in easter eggs, this is one of the extreme cases...but only in the scope of pokemon games. In other game there might be more extreme ones but mew in gen 1 was pretty big for pokemon.
>>
I really dislike event-only Pokemon, and would like to see them discontinued. It's obnoxious that if I miss an event that runs for one month (or pick up a game late), it's literally impossible to complete my Dex. Either quit this shit, or give them out more often.

I know it won't happen, but I'm not sure why not. What incentive is there to keep making Event Mons?
>>
>>27142572
>it's literally impossible to complete my Dex
Yeah because trading doesn't exist.
>>
>>27142605
>Need event legendary to complete Dex
>Go on GTS
>To trade for event legendaries, I need event legendaries

I don't know anyone who plays the games enough to have the event legendaries I meed.
>>
>>27142605
Not to mention you can still get the diploma without event exclusives.
>>
>>27142350
>>
>>27141081
Because you can still get the pokedex entry with event pokemon you idiot.
>>
>>27142572
>it's literally impossible to complete my Dex.
Event pokemon don't go towards Dex completion. Also you've had all of this year to get all of the event Pokemon.
>>
>>27142572
>you can't have fun with events because it might trigger my autism
k, but no
>>
>>27142637
uh, I might attract hate like a lightningrod in the storm but you can inject it don't you ?

ok, it won't be as legit as a "real" one but since it is already unobtainable through conventional means...

on the other hand, you can also inject the wondercard which would be exactly the same as getting the event or get a clone of one of your friend's.

I don't think GF did that to make us feel bad, just so they can reward those who attend special events with something cool. it is way cooler than a shiny zigzagoon isn't it ?
>>
They added Mew two weeks before releasing the game, where the hell were they going to put it? Under a truck that's impossible to reach?
>>
>>27141081
It was an event. Got I loved that little fucker.
>>
>>27141081
They added Mew so you could have more than 1 Crabhammer user on your team.
>>
events are stupid. legendary pokemon should be super rare and hard to get bur instead they just give them to you . where's the inmersion there? where's the fun and the excitement?
>>
>>27145421
if I agree it would have been hard to add it as an in-game event encounter like mewtwo, adding it to the wild encounters in mewtwo's cave might have been possible. but it would have diminished its value somehow...
>>
>>27145510
I remember picking up Mew, it was pretty hype. There weren't any downloadable content or patches back then, so going to a store and getting something new in your game for free rocked. It also made mew stand out far above the rest which is why it's still my favorite Pokémon
>>
File: Mew_learn_every_move.png (4KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Mew_learn_every_move.png
4KB, 240x160px
>>27145498
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.