[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when the pokemon movies were good? >Ash has actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 44ars.jpg (115KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
44ars.jpg
115KB, 1280x688px
Remember when the pokemon movies were good?
>Ash has actual real emotions and personality
>introduced side characters that werent just there to show ash the city or the legendary Pokemon
>beautiful backgrounds and animation with designs and colours that made it seem like it wasn't just another TV episode
>actual plot and wasn't afraid to dive into deeper themes about the meaning of pokemon

Now I get people like watching legendaries battle so we got like 4 movies straight of just that, but everything since arceus and the jewel of life has just been mind-numbingly bad.
They did well with turning the TV series around, but still they haven't brought back the emotion that was there before. I hope that they can somehow at least save the movies.
>>
Thats literally the only good pokemon movie
>>
>>Ash has actual real emotions and personality
I dunno about that part, but the first and third movies were pretty great.
I get sick of all these movies with literally who supervillain pokemon poachers as the villains. Does anyone like that kind of character?
>>
>>27137765
Oh yeah
Let's not forget that they had actual, good soundtracks, sometimes with popular artists performing in credits as well

I can't remember a single track from the recent movies, since darkrai's oracion
>>
And Unowns never got to do shit again until the Arceus scenes in HG/SS, if you were even lucky enough to see those yourselves.
>>
>>27137765
I don't think the movies will go back to those times. But as a knock-on effect of the XY anime being so good, the movies have been pretty good as well.

Or maybe my taste is just shit. I enjoyed the Diancie movie a lot and the Hoopa movie a lot, even though the Hoopa one is essentially a Godzilla movie. And while not ideal, they have at least gone to make interesting settings and background for the movies again, Hoopa's PokeDubai and Diancie's majestic Kalos were both pretty nice and the steampunk town in the Volcanion movie seems very interesting.

tl;dr the original three will probably never be topped and the anime has gone in a different direction now from the time those three were made, but the new movies can still be good, just in a different way.
>>
>>27137805
Blame TPCi's shit dubbing for that, nip ones still do get actual nip artists
>>
>>27137796
Heroes was good too.
They're not great standalone films but they were enjoyable watches.

>>27137797
Mewtwo was born seeking vengeance and truth.
Lawrence from 2000 helped move the plot by misreading the prophecy. He had personality, as did the other side characters, like Melody.
The iron-masked marauder from 4ever was plain evil but he too had personality. And it gave us the Sammy Oak revelation.
Heroes gave us Bianca and legendaries with personality and feelings.
Jirachi wishmaker gave us a flawed villain/ex team magma scientist with a grudge. Max develops a deep friendship as well.
Lucario gave us a story with a deep history and lucario with a sad past.
I could go on. Basically everything until the black and white movies had actual foundations and depth to it. Not just legendaries appearing and causing a mess. It seems as though TPCi is reluctant to introduce new human characters as central to the plot and instead wants everything to work with just the pokemon. Really hope it can change.

Sorry for autism.
>>
>>27137949
>XY anime being so good
By what fucking standards?
>>
File: 099.gif (259KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
099.gif
259KB, 245x184px
>>27137765
>we will never have scenes like this again
>all we'll get in the future is an overload of CGI shit
>why even live
>>
>>27137765
The Hoopa movie was actually pretty good though.
>Ash has actual real emotions and personality
As much as a shonen anime protag would.
>introduced side characters that weren't just there to show ash the city or the legendary Pokemon
Hoopa had a whole backstory with Mary and Baraz.
>beautiful backgrounds and animation with designs and colours that made it seem like it wasn't just another TV episode
This was always the case, even in the BW movies. Not sure which one you're thinking about since all of them look pretty good.
>actual plot and wasn't afraid to dive into deeper themes about the meaning of pokemon
Double check. Hoopa needs to learn the importance of family/friendship or some shit to gain complete mastery of its rings, while also trying to handle his out of control Unbound form through the same values.
>>
Basically the true Pokemon Movies ended with Movie 12.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (143KB, 1042x636px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
143KB, 1042x636px
>>27137949
Man, the Hooppa movie was objectively the most cancerous of all
Written by a 10 years old, for a 8 years old audience
>>
File: 1466853220016.png (427KB, 900x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1466853220016.png
427KB, 900x1275px
Almost all movies have poacher with a giant ship trying to catch the legendary. Or the Legendary is mistaken for the villain or another legendary is opposing the main legendary but there both fighting for the same goal.
>>
>>27141471
Don't respond to this half-bait thread.
>>
Cocoon of Destruction
>shallow plot
>pointless action scenes
>another resting ancient Pokémon
>Ash befriends another legendary
>rushed chemistry between villains

shit movie
>>
>>27137949
Yeah, Diancie's movie felt like a road movie.
>>
>>27142498
>>rushed chemistry between villains
This, this was the worst part of the movie. I didn't care about the villains, they just were... uninteresting. The rest of the movie was great, though.
>>
>>27137765
The only good Pokemon movie was 3.
The rest were trash.
>>
I love how the first Pokemon movie got totally trashed in reviews, mostly because all the reviewers said "I don't understand!"
>>
Tfw Destiny Deoxys one of the best pokemon movies, always gets shafted when talking about the movies
>>
>>27141490
12 was shitty and I have low standards when it comes to the movies
>>
>>27141490
Jewel of life and the DP movies as a whole bar Darkrai were shit.

The true Pokemon movies ended with Destiny Deoxys.
>>
File: treecko cant even read.jpg (22KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
treecko cant even read.jpg
22KB, 250x272px
>>27144735
>DP movies are shit
>implying you didn't like them being a trilogy and referencing one another unlike any other pokemon movie has done
>>
>>27144735
I didn't even know the DP movies were a trilogy but even then it didn't need to be one. There was nothing really connecting them together and the Arceus movie which supposed to a big climax to it was shit. Such a shame, pokemon movies with continuity couldve had potential
>>
>>27144804
These two mofos in the Arceus movie claimed they were there in the other movies when Ash and friends were but bitch no you weren't. Everyone knew they pulled those two out of their asses to call that disgrace of movies a trilogy
>>
>>27144789
>>implying you didn't like them being a trilogy and referencing one another unlike any other pokemon movie has done
Like I said apart from Darkrai the movies were shit and this is coming from a guy who will suck dick for a good time/space hopping story.
>>
>>27137765
I liked the Zoroark movie pretty well. It reminded me a lot of Heroes, which is pretty much one of the best movies.

I only saw bits of the Gennesect one, and I don't remember the Reshiram/Zekrom one at all even though I saw both.

I haven't gotten around to watching Gen 6 movies or anime yet. Considering I didn't even finish BW I probably never will.
>>
>>27144881
To sum up the XY anime, same shit different skin.
The only difference is that the animation is better.
>>
>>27144881
I didn't enjoy the Unova ones cause Iris just kept ruining the movies for me
>>
>>27137765
Agree but the last good Pokemon Movies was in the DP Era. Since Unova the new ones are always shit
>>
>>27137796
That's because it was in best region.
>>
File: 1467824596367.png (241KB, 349x499px) Image search: [Google]
1467824596367.png
241KB, 349x499px
>>27144972
>DP movies
>good
>>
WE JOIN OUR HEROES ON THEIR ADVENTURE THROUGH THE _____ REGION. TODAY ASH AND FRIENDS FIND THEMSELVES IN ______ CITY, A PLACE OF WONDER AND EXCITEMENT, WHAT ADVENTURE AWAITS OUR HEROES TODAY
>>
WOW THIS RELAXATION AND FOOD AND ANIMATION IN THIS NEW CITY SURE ARE GREAT! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!
>>
>>27143714
>>27143714
>>27143714
>>27143714
>>27143714
>>
>>27145023
OH HELLO FRIENDLY PERSON(S) DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.