[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I FUCKING HATE NORMIES SO GODDAMN MUCH!! IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 27

File: zombie-apokelypse-july-12-2016.jpg (149KB, 750x903px) Image search: [Google]
zombie-apokelypse-july-12-2016.jpg
149KB, 750x903px
I FUCKING HATE NORMIES SO GODDAMN MUCH!! IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?? MUST THEY POKE THEIR FUCKING NOSES INTO ALL OF MY TREASURED HOBBIES??
>>
>>27137286
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>27137286
>MUST THEY POKE THEIR FUCKING NOSES INTO ALL OF MY TREASURED HOBBIES??
>MUST THEY POKE
>POKE
Ayy lmao
>>
>>27137286

Pokémon is rated E for everyone.
>>
>>27137286
>this has been happening for years now
>it's wrong when a Pokemon game does it
>>
>>27137286
>Elitest asshole
a franchise doesnt belong to you alone dipshit, why cant other people enjoy it too?
>inb4 "FUCKIN NORMIE GET OUT OF MY THREAD"
I've been playing pokemon since red/blue/yellow so i think i know what I'm talking about.
>>
>All these fucking normals.
Why are you here? You didn't like Pokemon a month ago, you sure as hell didn't browse veepee, and you probably didn't even like 4chan as a whole.

Why are you here? Go play Go with your normal friends and your normal shit.
>>
Poke their noses in?
It was handed to them on a silver platter
>>
>>27139878
>being this autistic

Buckle up fag, it's gonna be a while.
>>
Serious question:

What negative effect does a bunch of people playing a phone game have on you?

Why do you actually care? If Pokemon Go was <some other random game with the same properties just not with pokemon> and the normies were running around playing that, would you care then?

Because guess what, I can say it has positive effects on the Poke fan community. Consider the following:

Pokemon surges in popularity.

Stores and shops and suppliers start curating to pokemon fans again/more than before.

Now you can get the pokemon related paraphenelia you like for slightly cheaper, and easier.

Maybe netflix puts all the seasons of pokemon back up for us.

Maybe, here's a thought... all the sweet delicious cash nintendo is making off pokemon go might go towards, oh I dunno... increased funding on the next real pokemon game, which means slightly more content and slightly higher quality production?

Have you considered that the mountains of cash nintendo is currently making will probably have positive effects long term for the next gen(s)?

Hmm. Maybe all these fucking normies just got another gen of pokemon locked in at the latest budget discussion at nintendo HQ, as the world confirms that fucking everyone still loves pokemon.
>>
>>27137286
Someone didn't grow up in the 90s as a kid.
>>
Have you ever considered that you're a fucking normal fag you self righteous, self important, asshole? You're so desperate to feel special or different that you'll literally stoop to saying that you have some sort of debilitating retardation (autism), but you're such a shitty person you're not willing to do anything to better yourself, or actually make yourself special in any way.

Just like everyone else.

Get the fuck out, normie.
>>
>>27139878
Are you aware that Pokemon is and always has been one of the normiest video games ever? That you think a series that's gone as casual as X/Y/OR/AS is at all for real gamers is a fucking joke, they're currently designing mainline games as if they are deathly fucking afraid of a player being allowed to fail at any point for any reason. That's not even good design for casuals to be able to enjoy a thing, but they think it is anyway.
>>
just go to ebay and look at how many people are selling their golden mew cards

thats how normie Pokemon has always been
>>
>>27140437
Fucking this.
>>
>>27139878
>anyone who disagrees with me is a normie

Cute
>>
Can these bait threads start getting punished already?
>>
>>27139878
look, if you don't top the showdown ladder regularly you shouldn't be calling others casuals.
>>
File: Mah Swamp!.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mah Swamp!.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>27137286
Hey, Tentaquil said I should drop this off here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juHyNPbeTZk&list=PL339BA5391DE1ABBC
>>
>>27137286
And what does that make you ? Some kind of privileged special snowflake who think they deserve some kind of special treatment over normies ? What exactly have you done to deserve that, "your highness" ? Honestly, your side of the fanbase are the real cancer here.

If pokémen really is just a mere hobby, why is it so hard for you to ignore them OP ?
>>
I seriously don't care who is playing the game and I'm fine with them enjoying it and all but, fuck me, I wish they'd shut up about it.
>>
>>27140437
Because damn near everyone who plays this is a casual or genwunner who haven't played it since Crystal.

Them acting like they're real Pokemon fans is insulting to us real fans.
>>
>>27141729

You sound autistic as fuck 2bh
>>
The "game" will be dead in a month, don't worry OP.
This is another Flappy Bird, nothing else.
>>
File: breath-of-fire-6-b1.jpg (101KB, 580x371px) Image search: [Google]
breath-of-fire-6-b1.jpg
101KB, 580x371px
>>27140437
>What negative effect does a bunch of people playing a phone game have on you?

Today I will remind them
>>
>>27141760
Ingress never really died so I doubt it
>>
>>27141729
>insulting
>us
Bitch nigga dont speak for me with your self esteem issues
>>
>>27141788
It never reached this level of popularity though.
It's a fair estimation that 90% of the current playerbase will have moved on by mid august.
>>
>>27141760
Well I wouldn't say a month, but by this time next year no one will be playing Pokemon Go. Normies will have stopped playing once they caught them all or dropped the game once the other 570 Pokemon are added.
>>
>>27141683
I wish the fat assess would stop driving there cars around to all the poke stops faster than I can Sprint to them. Had some bastard Run through all the gyms in town at 0200 claiming the reward when he had captured all of them bastard didnt even put good pokemon down to keep the gyms he just wanted the reward for the store and knew that he wouldnt lose any at that time of night.

I ran out and retook the gyms closest to my house to make it hard on him.
>>
>>27139818
>>27140437
>>27140488
>>27140795

>talked shit when people we're talking about the games they are playing during high school
>now complain about haters

stay mad normies
>>
>>27140437
There's been a massive influx of gen 4 hate recently

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS, HUH?!?!?!!?!?!??!

DP ARE FUCKING PERFECT VIDEOGAMES FOR HARDCORE AUTISTIC 14 YEAR OLD VIRGINS ONLY AND THEY'RE TAKING IT AWAY FROM US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>27141941
DP are bad games and I feel bad for anyone who's introduction to the series was either of them.
>>
>>27141729

>autism the post
>>
File: 1453510716777.jpg (119KB, 808x820px) Image search: [Google]
1453510716777.jpg
119KB, 808x820px
>>27141770
Fucking this! Why can't people understand just how cancerous mobile gaming is? All this will do is cause Nintendo to focus on making shitty cheap mobile games instead of focusing on real games becaue muh easy profit. It is disgusting that people on this board fail to realize it. When 8th gen is confirmed mobile only maybe they will understand.
>>
>>27140437
The problem is the possible impact its success will have on Nintendo/Game Freak's decisions from now on.

The Gen 1 pandering was already awful in XY, we don't need more of it in following gens just because people who won't actually play mainline games sank a stupid amount of cash in Pokégo.
>>
>>27142347
Pretty sure someone from GF already commented that GO will have no impact on the mainline games.
>>
>>27141751
>>27141794
>>27142242
I like how you faggots can't deny the truth about what i said
>>
>>27142377
>truth
That youre a big fucking cry baby?
>>
File: 1463246249402.jpg (623KB, 2500x2380px) Image search: [Google]
1463246249402.jpg
623KB, 2500x2380px
>>27142371
Breath of Fire and Final Fantasy employees said the same exact thing
>>
you faggots don't even know what "normie" means.
>>
>>27142401
thanks for proving my point again :) i hope you enjoy watching Pokemon being destroyed
>>
>>27141931
wow, you'er just a fucking idiot.
>>
>>27141931
>implying that we're mad

Get out more often anon. Call me whatever you want at least I'm not some low-life who hides under a rock 24/7. Some XY-tier lifestyle you have.
>>
>>27142638
>Call me whatever you want at least I'm not some low-life who hides under a rock 24/7. Some XY-tier lifestyle you have.
>you dont do what i do so you're retarded xD
you should try going outside without looking at your phone every minute, there are these 'pokemons' called animals and they're actually real.
>>
>>27137286

This pokemon game is a trick to get normies into being social retards like us.
>>
>>27142679
>you should try going outside without looking at your phone every minute, there are these 'pokemons' called animals and they're actually real.
>oh you have NO idea what i do either xD and dont you dare think you have the slightest idea cause you dont.

Then again, I don't known yours either. Touché anon. I'll draw the line here.
>>
>>27141931
wew lad.
we get it.
you were bullied, but dont take out your revenge on us. sad!
>>
>>27142938
what is it with GO players and only able to make comments about how someones life must be? Literally every reply is just some projection about how sad someones life must be because they dont run around going where their phones tell them to.
>>
I honestly like it, it feels like I can even more readily relate to friends that are more "normal" as well as having the minute chance to network with some of the midend business workers I've met to try to crawl out of retail using a franchise I've loved for nearly 2 decades.
>>
>>27140437
Have you considered for a moment that popularity on App Store / Google Play never lasts more than a month? This isn't Pokemania 2.0, there aren't going to be any of those things, because in a couple of months everyone will be on the next meme app of the period. Meanwhile Nintendo will convince itself that the future lies in pointless cashgrab on mobile instead that in real games, and then we're screwed.
Plus, you fucking moron, there isn't a single entry of pokemon that has sold less than 5 million copies. Not even fucking third versions and remakes. Pokemon is already popular as fuck, it didn't need to become the meme app of the month to grant a GEN VIII, not when the current one is the best selling game on 3DS. Pokemon is and has always been a key member of Nintendo strategy, even more so if NX really ends up being an hybrid.
>>
>>27143035
because they're normies, and the only thing normies know how to do is put others down to make their bland, meaningless lives seem better in comparison.
>>
File: 1467486197411.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467486197411.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>all these people getting triggered over someone not liking what you like
That being said, I don't really get my panties in a bunch over it, but it's just kinda grating to hear about it 24/7 like >>27141683 said.

Especially since people want to keep talking to me about pokemon now and I have to take it down a notch because they don't know what the fuck I'm talking about if I want to wonder and speculate about SM shit.
>>
>>27142425
Final Fantasy I don't really think should count, considering the massive, beautiful looking open world game they're about to drop on us in a few months. Sure they have some mobile games, but honestly, the only people playing them are people who have Rydia love pillows. Breath of Fire....I'll give you that. That series died a lonely, quiet death. Such a shame.
>>
>>27140437
because these fags stopped playing for years and quite often mocked us for still playing pokemon
>>
>>27142265
You say that as if the company has limited resources and people.

How retarded are you people? It's like you've got normie levels of intelligence and insight.
>>
>>27143140
>This isn't Pokemania 2.0
Pretty much is. Hell, the 98 to 99 mania only lasted 8 months.
>>
>>27143195
>and I have to take it down a notch because they don't know what the fuck I'm talking about if I want to wonder and speculate about SM shit.

That's the disappointing part. while I'm overjoyed that people are getting into Pokemon again, I can guarantee they won't enjoy Pokemon beyond the 1st gen.
>>
>>27142638
>hurr i'm so cool and popular guys

fuck off normie
>>
>>27143776
Sometimes you get lucky and you get the ones that played up to RSE, then it gets really exciting!

No, but really that's the point I am getting at. Go isn't really anything to get bent out of shape about, just that aspect of the whole thing is a little disappointing when you hear about nothing but Go for a while.
>>
>>27139631
This is not true, it actually says on the back of ORAS its fr 10 year olds
>>
>>27137286
what is it with nyc papers and pkmn go lol
>>
>>27142377

>I'm spouting nonsensical retard bullshit and you're the ones that have to prove me I'm wrong

That's not how mentally sane people have a conversation, autist.
>>
>>27144302
>explains why he's bothered
>bunch of anons projecting and calling him autistic

>That's not how mentally sane people have a conversation, autist.

that's a bit unfair desu senpai
>>
>>27143639

They were never making fun of you for being into Pokemon. They were making fun of you for being unlikable. If it wasn't Pokemon it would have been something else. It's like when all the girls liked High School Musical a few years back. They didn't all suddenly like musicals and singing, they just liked that Zac Effron kid. People will always like the things attractive people like and make fun of the things unattractive people like. Your problem isn't with Pokemon, it's with yourself.
>>
>>27144389
people bully people for all sorts of reasons, just because he _might have been_ weird doesn't mean he's unlikable. Lots of friends i've made we're really nice people that just got on shat on because they we're fat or talked too loud or simple shit like that. Don't be mean.
>>
File: 1457849519717.png (185KB, 405x532px) Image search: [Google]
1457849519717.png
185KB, 405x532px
>>27144479
Nah, this is 4chan, if you were bullied, it was always your fault. You're the only frogposting, basement dwelling, bitter loser and everything in life is your fault.

In my case, it was just one faggot, and after I stood up for myself, everybody wanted to just keep trying to see if I'd throw a desk again.

What is it with people and wanting to push someone's buttons if they don't say much?
>>
>>27144546
kek.
initially i had this whole class against me because of my cringy friend, but they thought i was alright after roasting them several times and standing up for myself
i have no idea why they never kicked me to the ground or anything. remember them saying "he's weird, but he's alright" after a while
>>
>>27141729

can you prove this?
>>
>>27143035

what is it with autists and only able to make comments about how normies must be? Literally every reply is just some projection about how good someone's life must be because they don't sit in their basement jacking off to pokephilia all day.
>>
>>27143140
>This isn't Pokemania 2.0, there aren't going to be any of those things, because in a couple of months everyone will be on the next meme app of the period.

keep telling yourself that. as of now all signs point to this year being Pokemania all over again.
>>
>>27144724
Shit, I just remembered being this one guy's literally only friend back in middle school. He annoyed everybody but me.

Kinda wonder what he's up to now.
>>
>>27140437
>its d-da normies anon da normals and being normal, with normal things and normal.

cant have regular conversation with these shits before they start posting wojack variants.
>>
It pisses me off because these are the same people who used to make fun of Pokemon players, now they're wearing big rimmed glasses and pretending to be oh so quirky :^) It's so fake that it makes me sick.
>>
>>27144869
how old are you?
>>
>>27144869

>getting made fun of for playing pokemon

Am I the only on who DIDN'T have that happen to them? When I was in high school even some cute girls played pokemon. I never thought it was a big deal.
>>
>>27140437
Layton mobile with a SON? a SON!!!??
>>
File: 1335106733071.gif (589KB, 200x277px) Image search: [Google]
1335106733071.gif
589KB, 200x277px
>>27144869
Goths went through the same thing, it'll pass and fad hoppers will jump to the next thing.

>>27144883
I never got bullied for it, but I was literally one of 2 kids in my HS still playing by then. The worst I got was a "You still play pokemon?"
>>
File: photo.jpg (103KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
103KB, 1280x854px
>>27144901
what you didn't know? Laton has a son in the Mobile Game. Oh and also the franchise is moving to Mobile. The new game its coming nect year
>>
>>27144869
god you probably dont even know anyrhing about the people your talking about. just basing your criticism on their apoearence, assuming shit.
>>
>>27144975
Just like "normies" do?
Shocking; we're all human, "normal" or neckbeard.
>>
>>27144918
>"You still play pokemon?"

the only person who ever said that to me was my dad but he just messes around like that, like he doesn't really care he just thinks it's funny because he didn't grow up with stuff like that. and a part of him still holds onto this old-fashioned idea of "manliness" that he was raised on.
>>
I pretty much just hate memshit and that's 100% what this is. People who have absolutely no interest in it are playing because of the meme. It's the video game app version of peopl who only watch the superbowl for commercials
>>
>>27144999
that doesnt make sense. you dont play something you dont have interest in.

fuck, this site is dead
>>
>>27145037
Leave, Chad.
>>
File: draco.png (113KB, 532x233px) Image search: [Google]
draco.png
113KB, 532x233px
I'm sure there are plenty of rare cartoons and games for you that normies don't even know about.
>>
I don't really give a shit at the moment, but if SM doesn't have a spike in sales and this fad is still going on I'll be annoyed.
>>
>>27145037
>you dont play something you dont have interest in.

you do when you're a fucking stupid normie who wants to feel trendy and fit in with all the other normies and feel like xDDD such a NEEEERD xD
>>
>>27145223

haha you're totally right REEE normies XD pepe le frog and wojack are so hilarious, brb mom just called me saying my tendies are done, thank god I've had such a long day of playing video games and fapping to loli, >tfw no gf
>>
File: 1461809925604.jpg (34KB, 406x284px) Image search: [Google]
1461809925604.jpg
34KB, 406x284px
/vp/ sure is hipster central all of a sudden.

I.think you guys are having an existential crisis. What kind of Pokémon fan hates other people for playing their games? This is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>27145287
Virgins calling other virgins virgins. baka

Enjoy Pokemon GO, frauds.
>>
What if I told you, that normies stopped liking Pokemon because they grew up, not because of the later gen design or gameplay. No normie is going to buy a Wii or ds just to play Pokemon, and having a phone is the easiest way for them to relive what they played without being autistic
>>
File: 1461759870973.jpg (6KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1461759870973.jpg
6KB, 360x240px
>normie

You mean normalfag?
>>
>>27141894
Get a car
>>
>>27145306
On one hand you have the obnoxious hypocrites that have to brag about how they're "such a nerd xD", and on the other you have the actual nerds that are having something that used to be catered them as they were inb4 everyone else and want to keep it that way, aka the hipsters.

I'm afraid this is one of those situations where everyone loses
>>
File: Easymodo.png (63KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
Easymodo.png
63KB, 600x452px
>>27145306
>Pokemon Go
>a """"""""game""""""""
I for one welcome all of the new Pokemon fans and can only hope that Go drags them back into the core series.
Mobile games aren't games, though.
>>
File: 1464618711991.gif (641KB, 339x509px) Image search: [Google]
1464618711991.gif
641KB, 339x509px
>>27145349
So you're saying people are playing for the nostalgia? Wow that's some real insight right there captain obvious :')

>without being autistic
they're not being very good at that
>>
>>27142679
But you can't catch those
>>
ITT buttmad virgins who spend all of their time online. At least you have each other to be pissy with, the rest of us will be outside like the Normies we are.
>>
So how many threads like this do you get each day, /vp/?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>27145037
My 60 year old dad is playing this game just because it's hip with the kids at the office.
He never had any interest in "those pokemans" until last week.

You must not get out much, bandwagoning is real.
>>
File: 1461293499721.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1461293499721.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>27145437
And this is a problem for /vp/ because..?
>>
>>27145475
Nobody feels like counting but I guarantee it's close to 100. Been that way since release.
>>
NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET OUTGET. OUT.

O U TTTTTTR!
>>
>>27145495
I know this is bait, but do you even know where that reeeeee came from in the first place?
>>
File: deadmau5.jpg (2MB, 3768x2332px) Image search: [Google]
deadmau5.jpg
2MB, 3768x2332px
>>27145466
nice dubs
>>
>>27145223
How would you know what a normie foes, your autistic self can't relate
>>
>>27144546
>quiet weird fuck who wears all black and only talks to himself
>goes 0 to 60 and throws a desk one day

you know why people get picked on in high school? when they aren't confident and secure in themselves. if someone senses something that gets under your skin, they'll ride it hard. you could be the weirdest little fuck, but as long as you're 1) happy with yourself and 2) not a total asshole to everyone because >REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES, then you'll get along fine and people won't bother you, even if they don't really want to be tight friends with you.
>>
>>27137286

I know this "normie" thing is a meme

But Pokemon is as normie as it gets. No one is actually angry that normal people play pokemon.
>>
>>27141729
so?

this is a chance to bring in some new blood, and share the shit we like with others.
>>
File: 1435092191882.png (145KB, 434x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435092191882.png
145KB, 434x600px
>>27145638
/vp/ is a bit deluded in this regard, Pokemon has always been a normalfag franchise.
but at least RBY were actual games and not mobileshit
This is just flick-a-ball google maps simulator 2016 and I can't take anyone that enjoys it seriously.
Will people feel nostalgic about this cash-grab 20 years later? Why aren't these self-admitted "genwunners" just emulating the games that they grew up with on their phone instead?

So many questions.
>>
>>27139878
At least now there's some sort of gaming talk going around.
When I first discover /vp/ it was literally only anime shit and fandom threads and every thread about competitive battling got three, four replies top.
>>
File: garchomp.png (42KB, 277x246px) Image search: [Google]
garchomp.png
42KB, 277x246px
>>27145685
>I can't take anyone that enjoys it seriously
On some level, this "mobileshit" game scratches an itch that Game Freak hasn't had the brains to implement: A game where you can actually feel like a Pokemon trainer in real time.

Yeah, the game is bare bones. The catching system is frustrating and very unlike the games. But beyond that, you're a trainer going around catching Pokemon that live nearby, challenging Gyms and becoming the Gym leader yourself, interacting with other Trainers who also wish to catch Pokemon and visit new places which can have vastly different Pokemon.

It's very simple on paper, but Pokemon GO gets it. It gets that the whole idea of being a real life Trainer is what we wanted out of a Pokemon game since we were kids. It's not the best game, but it's a good wake up call to Game Freak that Niantic knows something that it doesn't.
>>
>>27145384

>I'm not like those other FAKE nerds, I'm a REAL nerd, I've been a NERD forever!!

do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?
>>
>>27145853
almost as retarded as you?
>>
>>27145685

I enjoy it because of nostalgia.

I only played red on my gameboy. I just wish they made your pokemon fight instead of it just being a flick-a-ball game as you put it.

The GPS idea is kind of brilliant desu. I know it has been around, but they tied it to a popular franchise.
>>
>>27145802

This guy gets it.

Pokemon wasn't a story game. And Niantic managed to take a cool concept with Google maps and GPS to make you actually feel like your out there finding and catching random animals like the show and game tried to emulate.

Walking around in tall grass in the original game spawned pokemon. You had to do it to play the game.

This is the same concept but hands on.
>>
File: 1456907093829.jpg (64KB, 517x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456907093829.jpg
64KB, 517x600px
>>27145619
Quiet weird GROUP of fucks
Get it right. Fucker started it by picking on one of my friends, then switched targets to me, then the desk incident.
>>
>>27137286
Checkmate autist
>>
>>27144389
Except I had plenty of friends, played on sports teams and was pretty popular, it's just that pokemon was one thing that marked me out.
>>
>>27145473
Guess you're an autist since you're here then
>>
>>27145473
Enjoy the beta uprising.
>>
File: DEXATI20160708202702.png (675KB, 1079x720px) Image search: [Google]
DEXATI20160708202702.png
675KB, 1079x720px
>>27137286
It bothers me to an extent too. Fuck pokemon go. Let the faggy hipsters have it. Not even a real pokemon game. Wait for sun and moon?
>>
>>27145802
The only people who "feel like real trainers" are people who haven't picked up the game in 15 years. With main series games it's fun going around and finding a rare Pokemon, training it, keeping it on your team etc.; with GO you literally just catch the same thing over and over again and drop everything but the strongest to get more candies. No training your cool new Pokemon, no watching it evolve after battles, nothing. Buy candies or catch it a million times. Case in point, I somehow found a Chansey near where I live, but it's completely worthless because they're impossible to find and unless I want to spend 20 bucks it's just going to sit in my list of Pokemon with a shitty CP. The thrill of finding a cool Pokemon goes away once you have to catch it 100 times.

I don't know where you're getting the feeling of "being a gym leader" either, depositing a random high CP Pokemon at Chipotle hardly captures that feeling.

I know it's bare bones, but even with what they released everything feels perfunctory and repetitive (and that's saying a lot considering the main series games are pretty repetitive) and lacks the spirit that made Pokemon fun. If they had just made it so you can battle wild Pokemon and grind I feel like it would have been so much better.
>>
>>27148318

Still better than X/Y imo.
>>
>normies

When will this shitty fucking meme die?
>>
>>27140795
>>27140437
>>27139818
>>27137286
>>>et al
Butthurt.
>>
>>27137286
who gives a shit if you play pokemon "before it was cool" ?

people play it because it's good and you should be happy nintendo made a smart decision, you are NOT a special snowflake and deserves a throne because apparently you played a children's digital tamagotchi game way longer before the others

drink your own tears, they might be good source of nutrition for your brain
>>
>>27145514
did he died?
>>
The hype fall down is going to be huge. ill give it 5 days more at least
>>
>>27137286
grrr, people admit to liking pokemon again. Fucking bastards. Quit being butt hurt and be glad that people have finally come around to their senses. Pokemon are cool and have always been cool.
>>
>>27140741
go away chem
>>
File: mistycross.gif (265KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
mistycross.gif
265KB, 500x429px
>>27148318
While I do agree that you get little emotional attachment with 99% of the Pokemon you catch (and that's a pretty big deal in my book), Pokemon GO does much better than the recent main series games at immersing people in a world of Pokemon. The main series has become such a bore that what was once excitement for a new Gen has become cynicism. "What are they gonna fuck up this time? How much easier is the game gonna get?" It really hurts as a Pokemon fan that these questions are ones I'm asking myself. And because of the main series' insistence on having you progress through a story (whether that story be good or not), you start to feel that you have little flexibility in your role as a Pokemon Trainer. You're more of a "Chosen One" that is destined to beat the Elite Four, become the champion, catch every legendary, etc. It COMPLETELY takes away from immersion when something like that is shoehorned right into your face.

Pokemon GO is a step in the right direction. Not because it's a mobile game. Not because it has ball throwing mechanics. Not because most Pokemon you catch are worthless. But because going around as a Pokemon Trainer in real life is what we've all been wanting. We've wanted it since day one.
>depositing a random pokemon at Chipotle...
Well, when you say it like that, of course it sounds trite. There's satisfaction in winning a Gym battle. There's satisfaction in keeping that Gym for as long as you can. There's struggle in capturing Gyms for your team. Whether or nnot it's well done, the concept is very much appreciated.
>The only people who "feel like real trainers" are people who haven't picked up the game in 15 years
I've played Red, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, Black, Black 2, X, Mystery Dungeon Blue and Explorers of Darkness, Colloseum, XD and those are just the ones I own. Pokemon GO gives you an immersion that the main series has struggled with.
>>
>>27148318
>The only people who "feel like trainers" are people who haven't picked up the game in 15 years.

I've been playing pokemon games straight since I got Red for Christmas during Pokemania. I am not a "normie", as you /r9k/ cast-offs like to term, nor am I an autistic sperglord like a good portion of this board. Just a dude in grad school.

I downloaded Go because, despite hearing from friends who beta-tested it, I heard it was fun and I thought, "What the hell, why not?"

I was in my kitchen with my girlfriend when I finally got the game to load. Willow did his spiel and then I saw on the map the starters. So far, it was just like the games where you're just a sprite on a grid interacting with other sprites.

And then, the AR clicked in. I was suddenly holding a pokeball and there was a bulbasaur on my kitchen counter. It was no longer some routine that took place in the tutorial, it was no longer just another pokemon game, there was a bulbasaur in my kitchen. Do you know what that feeling is like? When suddenly something that was your escape from a shitty period of your life, when something that helped connect you and your siblings, when something that played such a massive role in your childhood, something that you only thought was a simulation on a computer screen, suddenly gets brought into the realm of reality? To see that pokemon there in front of you? To be the one physically throwing the ball at the pokemon? To curse when you overshot the throw and realized that this wasn't just pressing a button? That feeling of elation when you caught that pokemon, not some trainer, not some sprite, but you?

Do you know what that's like to suddenly realize that you are a pokemon trainer? That years of escapism and fantasy, of memories with your family suddenly coming to life in a way you never thought possible?

This is every child that grew up wanting to be something, wanting to be the hero, the adventurer, suddenly having the power to do that in their hands.
>>
File: woop.png (3KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
woop.png
3KB, 200x190px
>>27151966
>when something that played such a massive role in your childhood, something that you only thought was a simulation on a computer screen, suddenly gets brought into the realm of reality?
This nigga gets it.
>>
File: MAGNIFICENT.png (12KB, 474x435px) Image search: [Google]
MAGNIFICENT.png
12KB, 474x435px
>>27151966

Now all they need is to expand Go! with Pokemon Amie features, like feeding, grooming, and petting your captured Pokemon.
>>
>>27143639
I agree with this as a whole thig with nerd culture, kids in school who liked comic books or played pc games or anything like that were picked on for it. But now that its conveniently cool to be a nerd, people just decide that they're a nerd now. Its whatever and not a big deal, but it just annoys me a little whenever I see Stacy or Chad post about GO or Civil War when 5 years ago they wouldn't be seen dead talking about this shit
>>
>>27151892
I don't know why, but I just don't get that sense of immersion. I understand where you're coming from, but for me, catching fifty Zubats that are awkwardly floating in front of my bus stop just doesn't come off as that exciting or immersive to me. If they stuck with some game mechanics (i.e., take 6 with you, battle with them against wild Pokemon) I would agree that it's starting to feel like a sandbox Pokemon game, but right now it's just so banal. I don't feel like a trainer because I sit at a lure and grind candies and stardust. At the end of the day I'm not even "training" Pokemon, I'm keeping a few on hand until a strong one shows up and then stuffing it with candy.

It's fun to see other people doing it, so that's a nice thing about it. GO is amusing and can be fun, I just don't see it as this Renaissance of Pokemon.
>>
Pokemon has been a normie series for two decades. Get off your high horse.
>>
File: espurrpls.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
espurrpls.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>27152436
The appeal of Pokemon GO, in my opinion, is such:
1) Starting off with Gen I, so it collects as many normalfags as possible.
2) Pokemon in virtual reality. People want to have control over throwing Pokeballs at real Pokemon, as opposed to pushing a button.
3) GPS function. Spreading out Pokemon and having them appear haphazardly gives you incentive to go out there and search like a Trainer.
4) Gyms. Everyone's always talking about what kind of Gym Leader they'd be in the Pokemon world.
5) Popularity. Of course, this came afterwards, but people like it when other people are doing something.
It all makes a lot of sense. Pokemon GO is in no way a good game. It's more that it's a good concept, since it's a concept that people clearly love enough to endure this shitty app.
>>
>>27144200
E for everyone is for 6 year olds and up.
>>
>>27141729
That sounds like something a fedora tipping elitist from Reddit would say on Facebook.
>>
>>27143140
THIS
Fucking idiots from /r9k/ don't want to admit that they're just part of the issue.
>>
File: before after wizz.png (456KB, 958x438px) Image search: [Google]
before after wizz.png
456KB, 958x438px
>>27144869
>like Pokemon while being un attractive
>Haahahahaha "dork man child" wow what a fag
>Be playing pokemon while being attractive
>Oh he's such a nerd XD

Basically it all doesn't matter, just be attractive
>>
It's going to be fine. Once they start adding in newer gens, the normies will abandon it like they do with everything else.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.