[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this make you feel? http://www.comingsoon.net/movi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 23

File: normie invasion.png (182KB, 984x540px) Image search: [Google]
normie invasion.png
182KB, 984x540px
How does this make you feel?

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/701955-legendary-pokemon-movie
>>
>>27131396
Why are people so quick to jump on movies about the current fad? By the time the movie's out all the normies are going to stop caring about Pokemon GO
>>
>>27131438
>>27131396
Legendary has had rumors and I think a report that a deal was inked sometime earlier this year in relation to a Pokemon movie.

Or an insider or something said there was something that may be happening with a movie.

At this point there's nothing confirmed, it's just bringing up older news for more clicks.
>>
File: 1467897743426.png (766KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1467897743426.png
766KB, 1000x1294px
>>27131438

To strike while the iron is hot. Even if Go fades away, it proved that there's a market for Pokemon in the mainstream just waiting to be exploited.
>>
>>27131396
>Will be forced Dark Fantasy shit with a shitty director
really?
>>
#LandisPokemon
>>
I think an American movie could do it justice if it were animated and they put Chris Sanders in charge of the project. That's probably the only circumstance where I could see it not being awful.
>>
>>27131569
Nah. It's Max Landis.
>>27131832
This nigga gets it.
>>
>Live Action
>Pokemon
If it does release, it'll be a flop.
Better if it just gets cancelled
>>
>>27131866
>>27131832
Landis is a whiny hack, I don't want him near this.
>>
>>27131866
He's been posting script excerpts for months.
Shit's hype.
>>
>>27135152
I haven't been paying attention to those. Something tells me someone like Landis would miss the entire point of Pokemon. Same for Legendary themselves. I have no confidence in this at all.

What can you say about what you've read so far?
>>
>live action

It's gonna suck.
>>
>>27136496
Not if it's Roger Rabbit-esque with Paperboy animation. That'd be the absolute best thing ever. Like the first US Red/Blue trailer.

I'd loose my shit if that actor came back as a bus driver cameo in the movie too. HEY LITTLE BUDDY WANNA RIDE?
>>
>tfw none of the staff will have ever played pokemon outside of reading articles on the success of Go and possibly the first generation as a kid
>tfw it will take place in the real world and not in the canon pokemon regions
>tfw the plot will follow some Go bullshit or a combination of Go bullshit and the original series anime and not the in-game plot
>tfw it will only feature the original 151
>tfw it will fucking suck and be aimed at normalfags more than longtime pokemon fans or even the actual market audience, children
God I desperately hope this goes the way of the Zelda movie and never gets made. Or, rather, I hope the advertising campaign flops and it gets released to no one giving a shit, only being featured in jwittz youtube videos on obscure pokemon products years later
>>
File: 1468015386765.gif (491KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1468015386765.gif
491KB, 460x345px
>>27131396
>mfw Robin Williams won't be Professor Oak
>>
File: Apokelypse-poster.jpg (48KB, 400x607px) Image search: [Google]
Apokelypse-poster.jpg
48KB, 400x607px
Remember me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg
>>
>>27136729
Shit anon...
Every big mobile game is getting a movie nowadays, even fucking angry birds got one. the fact that this is being made in response to popularity, not in response to someone seeing an opportunity for a good plot (in that case they should've started back when BW was released) shows how shit it's gonna be. It's some corporate move made to "appeal to millennials" or something, made to ride on the popularity of Go while putting minimal effort into the movie itself.
>>
If they're going to sell out, they should sell out all the way and make it about a younger Lt. Surge in the great Pokemon war.
>>
It'd only work if it was a mock nature documentary
>>
>>27136805
Who then is cast as Prof Oak

>Fucking Jhonny Derp
>>
>>27137085
There's also going to be a movie about fucking EMOJIS.
>>
>>27131396
Angry Birds got a movie. It sold well and was actually bretty gud all things considered. I think that's becuase Angry Birds was so barren of plot, that they could write something in easily enough. Another example would be FNAF, which is also getting a film. The games have a lore no doubt, but it's just loose enough that you could throw in some B-list actor and make something real out of it.

Pokemon though? I just can't see it happening. Look at Origins. That series had a ton of shit missing, and barely formed a coherent story if you knew nothing of the games.
>>
>>27136729
Pretty much this, god help us all
>>
File: 1467226445203.jpg (34KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467226445203.jpg
34KB, 540x960px
>>27131396
Like a pathetic cash grab?
>>
File: 1422825292957.png (259KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1422825292957.png
259KB, 550x550px
>>27136729
>>tfw it will only feature the original 151
I fucking shuddered. What if meme magic went to far? What if all those shitty parodies with the same fucking jokes came true?

Hold me anon, for I am afraid.
>>
>>27137126
Lt. Surge will most likely be as relevant as he was in Origins in a Pokemon movie
>>
File: 1363513133563.jpg (45KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1363513133563.jpg
45KB, 800x680px
>it wont feature a single Gardevoir
>>
>>27136729
This is my nightmare.
>>
>>27137471
>It'll have Lucario and Braixen.
>"We wanted the Zootopia audience."
DARKNESS, IMPRISONING ME.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (7KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
7KB, 237x212px
>>27136729
OK. So this is what would make it SHIT.

What would make it good?

>What region should it take place in?
>What Pokémon should be in it?
>Who should direct it?
>Should it follow the storyline of a generation or an original story?

>Hopes, Dreams, Nightmares?
>>
>>27137560
CWCville
Sonichu, Rosechu and all of their offspring
>Who should direct it?
CWC
the Sonichu comics
>>
>>27137560
>Kanto, but with Johto elements.
>A fuckton. At least 60 with notable screentime.
>Someone who is autistic as us. Maybe more. Kubrick?
>Start off with a trainer already somewhat deep in his journey, maybe badge three. Ignore E4 because all the battles should be featured, but they won't, so just end it at Badge 8 and beating baddies.

Course we'll get Ryan Renolds playing a now gay-Ash and fighting against the evil Team Rocketrump. And all the Pokemon talk.

Except Mewtwo because he never shows up.
>>
>>27137560

>Nightmares

The protagonist's partner Pokemon is Lucario.
>>
>>27137689
>Course we'll get Ryan Renolds playing a now gay-Ash and fighting against the evil Team Rocketrump
Pokémon Rusty movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_DNhNqODL4
>>
>>27137629
DON'T
>>
>>27137560
Kanto, for genwunner bux, but allude to other regions
i would imagine a movie in Kanto would feature primarily Gen 1 mons (i say primarily because of the possibilities of mons from other gens appearing i.e. Slowking, Lucario)
>Who should direct it?
not sure, it would have to depend on the kind of movie this movie wants to be
start with a story based on RGBY (a la Origins), and then set up a whole cinematic universe with the other Pokemon games
>>
>>27137778
STOP
>>
>>27137778
CALL
>>
File: 1450223876025.png (1MB, 746x965px) Image search: [Google]
1450223876025.png
1MB, 746x965px
>>27137714
I threw up in my mouth a little.
>>
File: chaotic combo.jpg (245KB, 805x1050px) Image search: [Google]
chaotic combo.jpg
245KB, 805x1050px
>>27137778
>>
File: why.gif (437KB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
437KB, 344x203px
>>27131396
>Live Action
why not animated
>>
File: 1417561021337.png (100KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1417561021337.png
100KB, 400x381px
>>27137714
>Riley stars in spy thriller about him and his Lucario taking down Team Galactic in order to protect the Lake Spirits.
But that would almost be good. Instead:
>The Lucario talks and is a PG clone of Ted.
>>
>>27137810
ANYBODY
>>
>>27137843
Cause cartoons are for kids faggot
>>
>>27137714

>Wake me up

"It becomes a trilogy, and the credit teaser for the sequel reveals that the hero is going to Lucariotown with the Lucario Statue to train under the Lucario Gym Leader so his Lucario can Mega evolve into Mega Lucario and fight the other Mega Lucario so he can become the best Lucario trainer ever before returning to finish his quest with Lucario at his side.
>>
>>27137909
exactly that is pokemon's target audience
>>
File: 1418078152446.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1418078152446.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>27137843
Because we would very much enjoy it, and the other 90% of the potential audience would not.
>>
What is your plot?

You can't do guy beats eight gyms and then fights his rival as the champion in a movie.
>>
>>27131396

Just because a random Company wants to make a Pokemon movie

Doesnt mean it'll happen

A lot of people do that

We had some fucking guy randomly say that he would like to make a movie out of Super Paper Mario, that shit didnt happen
>>
>>27137973
not if it was in 3D
>>
File: 7qV8Otf.gif (381KB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
7qV8Otf.gif
381KB, 400x244px
>mfw it's as good as The Lego Movie
>>
>>27138033
>Mid-high level Trainer, movie intro features his Ivysaur evolving to its final form.
>Introduce the MC's fellow donut steels. Maybe have a Gym Leader be prominent as well.
>Team Rocket shenigans, at first they just seem to be simple thugs.
>Reveal Mewtwo plot about a third of the way in.
>Conflict over whether or not to kill it or capture it and use it for League purposes.
>Shouting match between all the Gym Leaders and/or E4.
>MC acts on his own in an effort to save the world.
>Giovanni hands him his ass.
>Mewtwo saves MC, but it's unclear if Mewtwo was just attempting to escape, or actually help MC.
>Shit happens, Mewtwo attacks Celadon, League arrives to subdue him.
>They win, start rolling a roaring Mewtwo into some scary looking cage.
>MC flashes back to seeing Mewtwo trapped in Rocket base.
>MC suddenly frees him.
>Rest of the movie revolves around MC and Mewtwo on the lam, while trying to stop Team Rocket for good.
>Movie ends after rematch with Giovanni and proving Mewtwo's innocence. Mewtwo flies off into sunset.
>MC walks off to Indigo Plateau, setting up for sequel, while still providing stable ending.
Please gibe pointers for it to be less shit. I wrote it just now.
>>
>>27138250
If we're going to just say fuck it to the story of the games, I'd say just takes some elements from Pokemon Special R/B chapters and stretch it to be feature length.
>>
File: 1413613030673.png (333KB, 512x812px) Image search: [Google]
1413613030673.png
333KB, 512x812px
>>27137714
>Like Lucario
>This is still a nightmare for me
Shoving him in where he doesn't belong is horrible for everybody
>>
>>27131396
If it gets a good cast and crew it might have potential, but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
wouldn't be right without Robin Williams as Professor Oak
>>
>>27138831
maybe he shouldn't have an heroed
>>
CAST IT NOW

>Ash - David Mazouz
>Misty - Kristen Schaal
>Brock - B.D. Wong
>Oak - Steve Martin
>Jessie - Sandra Bullock
>James - Dan Stevens
>Voice of Meowth - DJ Qualls
>Gary - Jeremy Shada
>Giovanni - Pierce Brosnan
>>
>>27137142
I'd say Attenborough, but he's dead.

>>27137560
Chile.

Probably a mix of mons, maybe some new ones.

Jodorowski.

>A couple kids (maybe 3) in their early teens, who spent most of their childhoods in the mountains growing up with pokemon friends, but with no actual capturing/legal association with the 'mons they treat as family
>Have the "bad guys" catch their best pal (some new legendary)
>They have to steal their friend back from someone who legitimately caught it as a wild pokemon.
>To do so, they ask their other as-of-yet uncaught friends to help out by getting in balls (read: go from zero official league-registerd pokemon per kid to multiple full teams forming a volunteer army made up of various potentially dangerous 100% loyal high-level monstrous creatures)
>The antagonist battles the kids a few times and they beat him, until the climax where the "hostage" tags in and TROUNCES them
>The villain is actually a good guy who's stopping some cataclysm and he did some shady shit to get it done
>The kids inadvertantly risked a whole region because they interfered repeatedly
>Turns out the legendary was complicit from right after capture once the guy explained the situation and fought the kids off so they wouldn't be in the line of fire if the plan failed
>Guy didn't think to explain to the kids because he assumed they wouldn't understand why he caught their friend

>Who is in the right? The one holds the ball? The children who subordinated their friends to save their other friend from use for potential evil?

>Morality
>Personal integrity
>Friends
>Family
>DRAMA

Pokemon

>Goddamnit i just wrote a fucking fanfic premise didn't I? I'll make a quest thread or something at some point.
>>
File: treecko.jpg (163KB, 572x448px) Image search: [Google]
treecko.jpg
163KB, 572x448px
Alright /vp/, I think I figured this shit out. This might be long but after thinking about this and watching a video about the rumored #LandisPokémon, I think there's only a specific arrangement of factors that could save this movie. First of all, I, Anonymous, feel entitled to give my opinion about how they should or could manage it. I think there's only two ways to structure this thing and make it work as a good movie while not shitting on the whole fandom:

>THE TRILOGY
Have you stopped for a second and think about how long your Pokémon journey is? it's fucking big. Routes, cities, rivals, evil teams, 8 gyms, the Legendary Pokémon, the Elite Four, the Champion, etcetera. You simply can't tell that in one movie, I thought about it but it doesn't require much thought: you make a first movie focusing on making a good story that stops at a certain point, any point, but let it be a satisfactory one. You don't want to risk the pacing and having a very small amount of Pokémon or a very small amount of screentime through the whole story, so you need a trilogy.
>THE STANDALONE:
This one focuses more on trying to make a good story while still hitting the main THEMES of Pokémon (adventure, friendship, inspiration, stopping those who use Pokémon with ill intent, etcetera). Instead of committing to the traditional story, you stay within the canon world but you don't focus on your regular trainer. We follow a new trainer, it's not from the games nor the anime. He's not looking for badges but he probably has to stop an evil team and you bet your ass there's Legendary Pokémon involved.

TL;DR either make it a traditional pokestory, a trilogy, or go full creative and follow a standalone story of an established trainer ala Gold/Alain specials. DON'T GO THE POKÉMON ORIGINS ROUTE, that's just rushed as fuck, we know it doesn't work. Do give some fanservice, though.

1/3
>>
>>27139341
>but he's dead

Attenborough isn't dead anon, he's just old.
>>
>>27139448
I think he means the other Attenborough
>>
>>27131438
>normies
There's that word again
>>
File: xZceRC3.png (192KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
xZceRC3.png
192KB, 520x390px
>>27139422
Now based on what I've read and heard, let's talk about Max Landis. I'm not his biggest fan, his work is flawed, but I think he could relatively have the safest hands to handle this. Remember all of those awful, generic, unfunny jokes about Pokémon=dogfighting from every normie Pokémon parody ever? well he thinks that's fucking stupid. He sees Pokémon battles as a sport, and from the looks of it he knows it's not just giving your Pokémon orders. He mentioned he knows it's about friendship, about the journey, Pokémon is inspirational, etcetera. Four Pokémon he's mentioned (still not sure if they're just his favorite ones or this is the MC's actual Pokémon team) are apparently Koffing, Graveler, Arcanine and Psyduck. So not your typical Charizard-Mewtwo-Pikachu nostalgiafag. I think #LandisPokémon is really happening, like, really really happening, in a specific tweet from early 2016 the sneaky bastard put names of his 2016 projects inside his sentence, included the phrase "if I wanna catch'em all", plus a plethora of other hints that he's written a Pokémon script, including what might be a line for the movie. Nothing explicit about it though. If this is happening, however, it sounds like he's going the Standalone way and I would still watch a movie based on his script any day over Warner Bros picking a trendy director and writer for Pokémon: Pokécalypse: Dawn of Darkness ft.concept art from arvalis. Max, while many of us think he's a spoiled, faggot looking asshole, he just gets it. He's undeniably smart about it and he's smart when it comes to good stories. He's the type of guy that can get DB Evolution and fix it. Not that that's hard.

My final argument about Max being the not-worst guy for the job, at least the writing job: he specifically said Pokémon needs to be bright. It's what it's all about, if you could sum up the whole franchise's point in one word I think it'd be: Friendship.
>>
>>27139422
>>27139471
>>THE STANDALONE:
That's what I was going for with >>27138250
I still wanted the League element, but there's no real time wasted with Gym battles. I kekked at the arvalis jab btw.
>>
>>27139422
>>27139471
3/3

To be honest I don't even want this to happen, we'd be better off without it. But in case it does and, to wrap up: what are the main points you think this has to hit for it to be the Lego Movie of Pokémon?

I already mentioned how much I think we need the brightness of it all. I would really like a standalone story, something really fresh and cool, something different, but if this was the only opportunity and we could make whatever we want out of it to make it THE Pokémon movie(s) then I personally would prefer a trilogy, fully flegded out characters including the Pokémon themselves, not to mention we could get decent screentime for a ton of Pokémon from all generations. We could get a rotating team for the main character and stuff, and we could go from the moment he gets his starter which doesn't need to be a regular starter to the moment he saves the world and becomes the champion, whatever happens first. With two or even more hours per movie, you have good space to fit in what I would want in them: the adventure, the diversity, the comfy, the danger, the suspense and drama, the actual epicness, the passion, the competition, the lore, and all that autistic jazz we've all fallen in love with regardless of our individual differences. Isn't Pokémon amazing? Pokémon deserves to be handled with extreme care, or it'd loose all its charm.
I genuinely believe that, in the right hands, a Pokémon live action cinematic universe can not only deliver to its fans, but also tell great stories that evoke the same feeling, the same heart and soul that caught us all to begin with.
>>
BE PREPARE GENWHUNNERS! YOUR BELOVED GEN 1 POKeMON GETTING MORE UGLY
>>
>>27139469
Which is serving its intended purpose admirably. Your point? Or are you just going to leave it ambiguous?
>>
File: 1463705908635.png (439KB, 677x670px) Image search: [Google]
1463705908635.png
439KB, 677x670px
>movie features Super Realistic Pokemon just like Michael Bay's TMNT
>only gonna have the original 151
>will be set in modern day New York but with Pokemon
>half the movie will be about the protagonist trying to find himself instead of it being about fucking Pokemon
>he'll pick Charmander which will evolve into Charizard in under a half hour
>will have some bullshit romance subplot
Maybe GO was a mistake.
>>
>>27139877
>will be set in modern day New York
what?
>>
File: 9kmZbDILCvcwRrfGFCaUw.jpg (281KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
9kmZbDILCvcwRrfGFCaUw.jpg
281KB, 2000x1125px
How would /vp/ feel about a nature documentary film on Pokemon like Nature or Earth?
>>
>>27139877
Have a watch:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7SVgzx2qH4
There is solid-ish proof that Max Landis has written a script for what is going to be the live action Pokémon movie. If that's the case, then at least 4 of your items are not going to be a thing to worry about.

Also, I won't mind realistic Pokémon as long as they're faithful as fuck to the source. Someone that when tasked with Onix makes a living creature made of a bunch of rocks on top of each other, instead of a fat grey snake, or when tasked with Giratina makes a royal dinosaur-looking beast with actual darkness in the shape of wings bursting out of its back, instead of a giant edgy bug. Someone that will keep the cute in Pikachu instead of painting a rat yellow or, for some reason, painting a cat instead.

I'm asking for an extremely skilled team that is also extremely autistic about the characters they're handling. What the guys at Marvel Studios are doing, basically. Or m-m-me, WB, pick me p-please, I may not have the artistic skills but I swear I won't let a single Charizard concept art that doesn't have salamander-like skin to sneak through.
>>
>>27131396
DONT GIVE IT TO SHYAMALAN
HE SAID HE COULD MAKE POKEMON SYMBOLIC OF THE HOLOCAUST AN I DONT THINK ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THAT SHIT
>>
>>27140046
Im down.
>>
>>27140050
>He has to have salamander-like skin
Didn't stop Sm4sh. Or Pokken.
>>
>>27140050
>What the guys at Marvel Studios are doing, basically.
would your ideal Pokemon movie be akin to something from the MCU?.
>>
>>27140085
Well, not exactly like a salamander anyways, that's too shiny for Charizard. I meant just smooth skin, and its skin is quite smooth in those games. There's too many realistic charizards with overly prominent reptilian features and scaly skin. Then again, Pokken and Sm4sh aren't going realistic either.

>>27140145
Only regarding to the concepts, the visuals of each creature. They make retarded concepts work very well and still be believable within the universe they've created, and they allow themselves to be much more faithful to the source than what you could do 10 or 15 years ago in a superhero movie. Some are taken straight from the page. Rocket and Groot are a thing, so is Vision, they've become favorites among the public not only in character but also as designs and I want everything from Alakazam to Zigzagoon to get the same treatment.

As for the movie itself, that's a whole different discussion.
>>
>>27131396
i want zack snyder to be the director, so that he will proceed with the deconstruction of pokemon and hence establishing the pokekino
>>
>>27131396
>>27131438
ive actually been waiting and wanting them to do this for a long time
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.