[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no new pokémon will be added to GO until late 2016/early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: 1460999947830.png (64KB, 331x320px) Image search: [Google]
1460999947830.png
64KB, 331x320px
>no new pokémon will be added to GO until late 2016/early 2017
What the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>27118273
sorse?
>>
Says who?
>>
Niantic are stuck in a catch-22. If they release more Pokemon, normalfags and genwunners will drop it, and if they don't release more Pokemon, Pokemon fans will drop it.
>>
>>27118273
Not sate their market, they might expand Go by releasing new generations as yearly expansions or something.
>>
>>27118273
Pandering to nostalgia fags, too bad most of them will leave by the end of the month
>>
>>27118314
>>27118328
Can't genwunners just not catch the Pokémon? I don't understand why the newer gens would be such a turnoff for them.
>>
>All these /vp/ cucks think people will actually drop it when new Pokemon get released
Who started this shitty meme?
>>
They officially stated that
"They don't want to overwhelm new players with over 700 pokemon's to catch."
>>
>>27118273
hiding in tall grass
>>
>>27118636
>implying genwunners don't talk about how shitty new Pokémon are constantly
Once Niantic adds Gen 3 so many people will jump ship because they didn't play gen 3 as kids. Just watch.
>>
>>27118648
Or four moves
Or two types
Or a type chart
Or non-attacking moves in general
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-12-07-31-27.png (189KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-12-07-31-27.png
189KB, 540x960px
>>27118692
>Two Types
>>
I want to see more Pokemon but I also want Niantic to fix their shitty glitches and servers before adding such a large amount of content.
>>
>>27118712
Then how the fuck does Geodude get hurt by Electric attacks?
>>
>>27118728
The types are merely decorative and have next to no influence in the "battles".
>>
>>27118759
Somehow, that is even worse than just having one type for each Pokemon.
>>
Actually, now that I think about it, Pokemon Go would be relatively unplayable with a large number of pokemon. Since it relies on catching a lot of a different type of pokemon, imagine trying to capture enough Eevee to get all of the eeveelutions when the world is filled with 721 different mons.
>>
>>27118689
>implying genwunners actually exist outside of /vp/
Trying leave the house for a change
>>
>>27118759
But that is false you fucking faggot.
I have attacked and been attacked at gyms and gotten a super effective hit when the correct type was used.
>>
>>27118798
They should have at least added Gen 2 at launch, it is basically an extension of Gen 1 and has Dark and more Steel types.
>>
>>27118355
If all that starts showing up are new pokemon for a bit then they wont be able to catch things at all. It will be like "I had to spend 6 hours walking just too catch one Weedle because all these new fucking pokemon that I don't know kept showing up /uninstall"
>>
>>27118759
super effective and not very effective are in the game, but no immunities are since pokemon only have access to two moves and having one of them not work would ruin them in battles
>>
>>27118861
Just like Shuffle then.
>>
They're working on adding trading first, which they consider "a core feature".

So I don't think we can expect any new Pokemon until all the "core features" get slotted in first.

No I don't know why they didn't add a core feature in the initial release all these internet games come out with half their features missing on launch, no competitive Overwatch, half the maps missing on Splatoon, it's just what they do to give it continual hype I guess.
>>
>>27118689
No, they'll have the same reaction every other Pokemon player had when Gen 3 was initially released which was, "Holy shit! More Pokemon to catch!"
>>
>>27118917
>being this naive
You're cute, anon.
>>
>>27118887
I think Nintendo had little faith in this game and just let Niantic reskin Ingress to get some cheap easy money on the side.

So these "core features" are likely only now being developed as the game breaks all sorts of records.
>>
>>27118935
Don't be obtuse, anon.

Gen 3 is normie candy.

Or are you too young to have heard.... that they liek mudkipz?
>>
>>27118273
Good. Anything to get people bored and to stop playing this trash. The more they play the more they influence the direction of the real games
>>
>>27118977
Once the fad dies down, people will inevitably leave the game.

When they release Gen 2, more people will start playing, specially because Gen 2 is still popular with the masses. But a good portion of the early players won't return.

With Gen 3, more people will leave, but you can bet those gardevoirfags will keep playing to finally catch their waifu.

Gen 4 will keep the lucariofags and kids excited to catch Arceus.

When Gen 5 hits, the game will pretty much die, since this gen is the bane of the normalfags' existence. Once they see a vanillish or a garbodor they'll instantly delete the app.

And finally, Gen 6 with its megas will scare away literally every remaining normie.
>>
>>27119029
Yeah you could have said the exact same thing about the mainline games, all of those predictions have been made each generation.
>>
>>27118824
This
>>
>>27119029
>more people will start playing, specially because Gen 2 is still popular with the masses.
You do realise that gen 2 was the end of the fad and not many people remember the Pokemon introduced then outside of like 10 or so pokemon.
>>
Normie here, my other friends that play Pokémon all generally know 1-3. Gen 4 would be the first fanbase "stretch", and at that point I could sooner see them skipping to 6/7 first.
>>
>>27119029
Nah, this shit is gonna be with us for the next 10 years just like Meme Crush and Clash of Cucks.

Making money with mobile cancer is extremely easy (which is why the clone market thrives) and involves relaunching your title a bunch of times, so we'll have Pokemon GO 2, Pokemon GO 3, and a bunch of AR clones.
>>
OKAY GUYS HOW ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:

>We have "seasons" for each Gen
>Gen 1 is season 1
>Gen 2 is season 2
>Gen 3 is season 4
>and so on and so forth
>These "seasons" can rotate every 2 months
>If you miss out on filling your dex for that season, you have to wait 'til it's back in the rotation
>Alternatively, this trade mechanic they are going to implement

What do you guys think.
>>
>>27118273
Ingress updated slowly to maintain the game alive when popularity started dropping in orderto revive it. This is a long term poject so dont expect all mons soon fuccboi
>>
>>27119151
Could work
>>
File: 1468247695747.png (119KB, 433x433px) Image search: [Google]
1468247695747.png
119KB, 433x433px
>>27118314

>Implying normalfags are going to keep playing until late 2016/early 2017

They'll have dropped it in a week or two, as soon as the next epic facebook meme comes along and they all rush to engage with that.
>>
>>27118887
>initial release
It will become initial release when it will be out everywere.
>>
>>27119071
Confirmed for being underage.
>>
>>27118887
>it's just what they do to give it continual hype I guess.
Duh, you can't churn out video games as fast as you could in the NES to PS2 days so games need to last especially in Nintndo's case where their system has lost most third party support.
>>
>>27119218
That's what they said about Candy Crush, Angry Birds and Minecraft.
>>
>>27119218
Normalfags are surprisingly loyal to whatever mobile game they happen to download specifically because they don't want to keep downloading a bunch of pointless stuff they'll never touch like an unread library.

My mom's still trying to beat the 300th level of some gem puzzle game for about a month after playing the thing for years and she insists that'll be "the last one" because then she'll feel like she personally "finished" it but I know she's lying.

Between getting a new game and "finishing" a game normals will stick to "finishing" the one or two games on their phone because they can sneak in the playtime in their free periods without having to learn a bunch of new mechanics or whatever.
>>
>>27118273
... maybe release it for the other countries first? maybe?
canadafag here.
>>
Anything after gen2 is wank garbage
>>
>>27120014
Gen 1 and 2 are absolute trash don't kid yourself.
>>
>>27117618
F
Sableye
White2

>>27120019
>>I'm a girl when I wear a skirt
No youre not. Youre just a sissy faggot and girls dont like you and only guys that do are just insecure gays
>>
>>27120014
Anything before Emerald is wank garbage. This includes FRLG
>>
>>27120237
Wrong thread, fag.
How exactly do people manage to do this?
>>
>>27119151
Pretty good desu
>>
>>27118273
You gotta lube them up before putting it in
>>
>>27118273
How is this a surprise? This is significantly sooner than I was expecting. Are you forgetting its already midway through july? That's almost 2/3rds of the way through the year
>>
>>27120237
hfw she's fulfilling his humiliation fetish right now
>>
>>27118355
Newer gens wouldn't be a turnoff. Casual players won't give a shit either way.
>>
>>27118798
If they actually made different pokemon show up at different times of day, in different weather, and at different locations, it would be perfectly feasible. Also different seasons but it's only been a week so I'll cut them some slack there. I shouldn't be able to see any zubat or gastly during the daytime, and there should be more than ratata and pidgey literally everywhere I've been.
>>
>>27120262
By being very, very stupid.
>>
>>27119151
This is exactly what I assume they'll do.

The 250 slots is practical for a single generation and plus a bit more but not 2 generations, considering all the pidgeys and rattatas and other low level mons you need to encounter before getting enough candies to evolve rarer & stronger mons.

It would still allow the player to keep a couple dozen of his favourites too, instead of transfering all of them.

The slow addition of new generation strong pokemon would add an interesting dynamic to gym battles.

A 2 month "season" also prevents casual players from easily catching or evolving every single one, encouraging them to trade.
>>
>>27118273
Makes sense tho, first they put gen1 mons in it for normies, then when most people are done with capturing everything with 10000 CP they introduce another gen.
>>
>>27122780
>>27119151
>you get to pick your starter from whatever season you join during
>all the others you have to catch or trade for
I think this is a great idea but at the same time I hate it
>>
>game doesent have fights
>even that in arena one is retarded
>battlesystem is shit
>no attacks management, no leveling by battle
>no trading
>no npc for random events/shops etc
>no map overview, no rankings
>cant see other ppl on map
>COME ON WHERE IZ THE NEW POKEMNONS?! I WANNA JERK OFF TO guirdiolla (or what ever it is called)
>>
>>27119330
Tell me then, why no one out of like 30 fucking people knew what a goddamn Crobat was last night, while my and my buddy were out chilling at a Pokéstop last night
>>
>>27118273
I personally think that most normies who play it would get bored of catching the same 150 after a while. Them adding Gen 2 mons towards the end of they year would help keep the game sorta fresh
>>
>>27123059
Your starter is literally worthless anyways. +4 candies in case you get lucky and hatch a useable one.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.