[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /vp/, never posted here before The only pokemon games I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

hi /vp/, never posted here before
The only pokemon games I've played are Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Fire Red. Pokemon Go is fun but lacks features such as trading and battling and got me interested in playing the games again. Are any of the pokemon games past Fire Red any good to play solo? I'm playing SoulSilver on an emulator currently, and having some fun, but a bit sad that I can't get a Gengar because I can't trade. I'm afraid the other games in the series will have even bigger roadblocks because I won't be able to trade or battle online
>>
P L A T I N U M

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0ymYGQNa8
>>
>he never played DPP
What? I thought Sinnoh was the last region everyone played before they left
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1WWLWW9LTQ
>>
>>27118200
I lost interest shortly before they came out. Are they good?
>>
any pokemon game is good to play solo
lack of online services in gen 4/5 that could potentially aid trade evolutions can be offset by numerous single player oriented romhacks that change stuff like evolution methods around
>>
>>27118200
I think you mean Kanto
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 225x225px
PLAY PLATINUM

P
L
A
T
I
N
U
M
>>
File: 5OWh2kK.jpg (17KB, 392x392px) Image search: [Google]
5OWh2kK.jpg
17KB, 392x392px
>>27118188
>The only pokemon games I've played are Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Fire Red
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 350x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 350x345px
ARE YOU PLAYING PLATINUM YET?
>>
>>27118208
I guess Platinum is pretty good. No need to play Diamond/Pearl, seeing how they're basically Platinum with less content.
>>
>>27118229
I didn't feel like buying a DS because of nintendos tendency to release 50 versions of each of the handhelds

>>27118196
>>27118222
>>27118233
As I've said, I've never been to this board before and didn't feel like making yet another pokemon thread on /v/, so I can't really tell if this is a meme or not. Is Platinum good stuff?
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 800x800px
P L A T I N U M
L
A
T
I
N
U
M
>>
>>27118244
Yes. Platinum is good. Very good.
>>
Best of Gen4 is no doubt Heart Gold/Soul Silver, they're remakes of Gold and Silver. If you don't want to play a remake, the best would be Platinum
Best of Gen5 would be Black2/White2, though they're sequels to Black/white, if you have a friend with either of those you can get a few more features with a special link with them
Best of Gen6 is hard to say, as i think both X/Y and ORAS was pretty bland, but ORAS is a remake of RSE from Gen3, which you'd prefer relies on weather you want to play a remake or not

If you just want something to play, i'd go for either BW2 or HGSS, if you want to be able to cary your pokes from Gen3 to Sun/Moon when they come out, you'll have to have at least one Gen4 game and one Gen5 game, though you don't need Gen6 for it
>>
>>27118286
Playtinum is the best game of gen 4.
Platinum is also the best game of gen 5.
We don't talk about gen 6.
>>
>>27118286
Thanks. After reading this thread, I'll stick with SoulSilver since I already started it, and if I still have the hankering for some pokemon I'll move on to platinum next
>>
Since you're emulating you might as well look into clean/fulldex romhacks.
They don't change anything in the games besides allowing you to get every single Pokemon up to and including the game's gen (if you get one for Platinum, you can get all Gen I through IV species, for example. A Unova romhack would give you access to everything Gen I~V)
Most of them replace trade evolutions for either level up or using a new item (Covenant Ore comes to mind)
As for the games, Plat should be high on your list once you finish HGSS, then you should move onto Black/White/2 but remember they're polarizing games for a reason
>>
>>27118297
>Playtinum is the best game of gen 4.
>Platinum is also the best game of gen 5.
I dissagree
I played both platinum and HG at the same time, and i liked HG a lot better

Either way, it relies on weather he wants to play a remake or not, doesn't it?

Also, i think Gen5 had better pokemon and story than gen4
>>
>>27118307
PLAY PLATINUM YOU FUCK

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RkH1eiJytxc&ebc=ANyPxKoDlaY1Yugpgb5rDkWJ-m1BYyU0utxsTPBdesihNX4jMR33bHl61Xs8Pb56q_j5Srpo-Ew1NVuutArPRVrSK_FFdy7zWA
>>
The best games in the series are the DS ones, though you can skip DP since Platinum is just plain better.
>>
>>27118319
Platinum did it better.
>>
>>27118320
>PLAY PLATINUM YOU FUCK
What's wrong with you? you're yelling at someone because they're not playing your favorite game?
Calm the fuck down, "you fuck"
>>
>>27118344
How's your first day of 4chan treating you?
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 426x240px
>>27118344
If you have time to talk to me on /vp/ then you have time to be playing Platinum
Get to it, idiot.

P L A T I N U M
L
A
T
I
N
U
M
>>
>>27118359
just because it's normal to act like a retard doesn't mean it's any less retarded
and i'm not new

>>27118370
he's decided to pick a different game, that's his choice. Why is it so important to you anyways?
>>
>>27118188
>can't trade
You don't need to trade on an emulator, you can just edit your save file to turn your Haunter into a Gengar.
>>
>>27118188
You've already played the tutorial. Why play it again?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.