[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys i just bought a 2DS ( Because it reminds me of the N64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (13KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 512x287px
Guys i just bought a 2DS
( Because it reminds me of the N64 ) mainly because i wanted to try some N64 Ports, Super Smash and Metal Gear Solid/Resident Evil oh and the new Pokemon Games of course. I just hope i didn't do wrong in buying a soon to die Console. You know now with Pokemon GO and that shit earning Nintendo a lot of money nobody knows for sure what they will do now.
>>
Why the fuck does it remind you of the N64
>>
>>27114821
Because it's really awkward to hold, probably.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 491x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 491x352px
Mario kart 7 (Mario kart 64)
Super Mario 3D land (Mario 64)
Star fox 64 3ds (duh)
Zelda ocarina of time (duh)
Kirby robobot (Kirby 64 crystal shards)

The list goes on brodi, yeah it's gonna be surpassed in 2 years but you have PLENTY of n64 esque games to play.

Enjoy senpai.
>>
>>27114780
I'm fairly certain that Nintendo will continue to make both.

It's more money in their pockets.
>>
>>27114821
Because it's subpar shit that doesn't hold a candle to the previous installment?
>>27114780
>nobody knows for sure what they will do now
I do, my dad works for Nintendo.
>>
>>27114853
>that gif
Pls don't do that
>>
>>27114780
Troll me softly, faggot.
>>
>>27114821
Are you joking? Half the 3DS catalogue are N64 Ports or Games that look almost the same.
>>
>>27114853
Robobot is absolutely nothing like Crystal Shards
>>
>>27114780
ok thanks for the blog faggot
how many likes and shares and upboats do you want in order to cure your cancer?
>>
>>27114780
>3DS
>soon to die
>>
File: 56133742_p0.jpg (182KB, 800x899px) Image search: [Google]
56133742_p0.jpg
182KB, 800x899px
Monster hunter is coming out soon anon
>>
>>27117085
>that denial

Get over buddy. Handheld is finished. This shit is almost 6 yo and we have no prototype for any new handheld system.
>>
>>27114780
The New 3DS and the New 3DS XL both have more processing power when compared to the original releases and the 2DS (read as: shit loads faster yo), but the games need to be written to take advantage of it from the very beginning.

I would wager that 90% of the system's software library does not use it, none of the Pokemon games currently out do for sure.

They might in the future, but I doubt it, the last thing GameFreak and Nintendo would want is to make less money because the games wouldn't work on a slightly older system.

If you want to play games in 3D, the New 3DS/New 3DS XL model is a must since it offers face tracking, whereas with the old ones you had to keep the console under one angle without budging it ever so slightly.

All of that said, there's a handful of titles that do 3D justice (as in: it looks good and doesn't strain the eyes over prolonged gaming sessions), the rest is pure fluff. From the top of my head Pilotwings Resort had a beatiful 3D effect in it, but sadly the game is super lackluster which also explains why it goes for $7 still sealed nowadays.

TL:DR - there aren't that many games with great 3D, you're good. If at any point some game that you're interested in will get released and it's going to be laggy as fuck on your system, upgrade. For now, IMHO there's no need.

You might have had fucked up with Metal Gear Solid though because that game really benefits from another circle pad. For the original 3DS and the 3DS XL you could buy a circle pad pro accessory for around $15 (plastic mold with a second control stick, IR port to communicate with the console and a battery compartment to make the whole thing run), but with the 2DS I'm fairly sure you're stick with just one stick. I'm sure you'll live though.

Another thing about MGS, the 3D is very nice, but when turned on it makes the game lag pretty bad in certain areas and it's actually harder to follow the action on the screen, so kinda bullshit overall.
>>
>>27117367
Not sure about Resident Evil (quit giving a shit about the series around 2/3), but Capcom games go on sale on Nintendo eShop all the time, so DO NOT buy them at full price, you'll be mad at yourself a month from now.

Super Smash Bros is really fun, but you need someone to play with. The network code is rather meh, so even with a super fast Internet connection the online matches could end up not being very fun due to input lag and players teleporting around the screen as the game tries to keep up.

The single player mode with turn boring the moment you unlock all the characters and stages, unless you really, really love Smash Bros.

As for the console dying, they're going to milk it for a while longer still, just look at what happened with the DS.

Plus with the library of games the 3DS has already, it's not like you won't have anything to play.

I have a huge backlog of shit I'd like to finish on my 3DS personally, unless you're a hardcore hikkimori neet, you'll be in the same boat before you know it.

To sum it up, I will have to say that I absolutely love the form factor of the 2DS, it reminds me of the classic GameBoy consoles and the shell quality is really sturdy.

If I'd have a kid approach me going "mister mister can I see that, derp", there's no way it'd be putting it's cheeto covered fingers on the 3DS.

But I've seen the 2DS suffer so much abuse from my nephew, I know these things last. Throw it, get it dirty, whatever, it knows how to take it.

So yeah, just like the old brick GameBoy. End of the day it's a matter of preference, so if you like it, fuck what everyone else thinks.

Have fun with it.
>>
>>27114780
>i just bought a 2DS (Because it reminds me of the N64)

O-kay anon. Only reason I bought the 2DS is because the blocky bulkness gives me comfy nostalgia of the GBA.
>>
>>27117500
I didn't know there was a Latiadvance
>>
File: new-3ds-xl-2.jpg (724KB, 1279x727px) Image search: [Google]
new-3ds-xl-2.jpg
724KB, 1279x727px
>>27114780
you get a 2ds cuz you are a fucking pleb and very poor LOL get a job asshole
>>
>>27118656
OP here, thats not really the case. I hate the stupid 3D effect and the XL Version of the 3DS feels like a fucking brick. Why would i spend some more bucks in a big ass 3DS? Its true that it has more power but right now only games exclusive for ir are Xenoblade and i don't like the Game. Just to keep it simply i'm not a hardcore Gamer, hell i don't like Vidya that much anymore i just bought this Console because of Nostalgia and because i wanted to have the last Handheld Console Ever
>>
>>27114780
>I just hope i didn't do wrong in buying a soon to die Console.
Doesn't matter, the 3DS has a large library of
great games anyway.
If you were buying a Vita or Wii U then you would have a problem.
>>
>>27114780
>bought 3DS to play N64 Ports
Anon...
>>
>>27115103
>Half the 3DS catalogue
>OoT
>MM
>Star Fox
What else is there?
>>
>>27118832
Don't tell me you updated to the latest version
If you haven't hack your 2ds
>>
>>27118832
>I hate the stupid 3D effect and the XL Version of the 3DS feels like a fucking brick.
Then get the regular version and turn the 3D off.
There's no reason why you should buy a system that feels like a literal brick.
>>
>>27120449
Nice meme.
2DS is actually really comfy to play.
>>
this fucking thread.

normies.

REEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.