[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are the Mega Evolutions? Mega Evolutions were pretty huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1405400591241.png (31KB, 639x788px) Image search: [Google]
1405400591241.png
31KB, 639x788px
Where are the Mega Evolutions?

Mega Evolutions were pretty huge in marketing XY and ORAS, but we haven't seen ANYTHING in regards to Megas in Sun/Moon.

What do you think? Do you think they're waiting to reveal a new mechanic like the rumored Synchro stuff? A significant nerf to Mega Evolutions judging from how much Megas like Mega Kangaskhan dominated VGC? Retconning Megas entirely?

I would love for Megas to be retconned but we all know that'll never happen.
>>
Megas weren't announced for X&Y until the august issue of corocoro, and we'd already been getting a steady stream of information since the games were announced in January. We've been getting information on Sun and Moon for about two months now, so I'd say to expect information on new megas a little bit down the line.
>>
>>27114722
Hm, I must have been remembering wrong. Thought Megas were announced earlier.

Still, it's no longer a new mechanic so I'd think it's a little different.
>>
>>27114722
Right, but that was a new feature. They started getting shown off earlier for ORAS if I remember correctly, especially since we already knew about megas.

I guess they've been showing us new Pokemon instead of megas, but if there are still megas of old Pokemon, why wouldn't they throw one in the mix every now and then?

I'm personally skeptical about the return of megas. On the one hand, it makes no sense to get rid of them, but on the other hand, there's no confirmation of them in any way yet, except for the bracelets that don't really look like keystones.
>>
>>27114722
Because megas were a new thing moron. They have no reason to hide them now. They didn't arbitrarily wait months to show megas with ORAS, it was the first thing they showed outside of the cover art.
>>
What if S&M happens in the timeline where no megas exist?
>>
there won't be new megas and they'll replace it with the synchro 5th move bullshit.
>>
>>27114982
>>27114964
Guys, the only new content ORAS had was the new megas and the Delta Episode. Of course they showed off the megas earlier.
>>
>>27115160
But they had other things like soaring. They could have waited on showing new megas but they didn't. The fact is, we haven't even seen old mega Pokemon returning yet.
>>
>>27115644
To be fair, it doesn't make sense to show old Megas. What are you going to do, make them the target of a Popplio's Water Gun?
>>
>>27115861
That makes sense, id wager that theyd have some final evos out before they announce new megas.
>>
>>27114686
They went overboard with the megas they should have limited it to a few mons.
>>
>>27115009
I'll legitimately cum because yeah, three year later I'm still salty of just how fucking bad they handled the entire mega situation.
>>
>>27114686
Where are the Evil team and gym leaders?

Evil team and gym leaders were pretty huge in marketing in __________, but we haven't seen ANYTHING in regards to Evil Team and gym leaders in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>27114686
I don't mind Megas, but after them being such a big focus in the last few games I'd like less focus on them in Sun and Moon. They shouldn't be cut, but maybe they can be a post-game thing. Besides, we already seem to be getting Synchronizing, however that will turn out.
>>
>>27114686
They're definitely not getting rid of Megas but the feature is taking a backseat in Sun and Moon, simply because it just isn't hip and new. I imagine from now on they're going to be handled like cross gen evolutions and gender differences - only a couple per gen.

That is unless gen 8 is a repeat of gen 4 that will have like 50% of the dex consist of Megas and legendaries.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.