[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Go the future of the franchise? Is anyone else worried that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13

Is Go the future of the franchise? Is anyone else worried that because of its success the main series will become in some manner obsolete?
>>
this is just normie bait, once pokemon sun/moon are released and Gen III is added, they shall run away.
>>
>will a game cease to exist because people want to exercise more?
don't be an idiot. every person who's playing pokemon is gonna sit their asses down.
>>
No.
No.

Its just it's own thing like Ranger or Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>27101966
Yes, it is the future of franchise. SM are the last 3ds games we will get
>>
>>27101966
No

I know Konami broke and shat on all of us, but Nintendo isn't like that.
>>
>>27101966
You are so fucking stupid
>>
>>27101966
It's popular because of nostalgia and because it's so accessible. Basically anyone can play it because pretty much everyone has a smartphone these days, especially the generation of people who are feeling nostalgic about Pokemon. Even my older sister all of a sudden started showing interest in Sun and Moon and is all over Go.

But the game is way too shallow to replace the actual games. I don't think anyone would argue this.

If anything there might be a mobile version of the next Pokemon games, but games like Go won't be replacing the actual Pokemon games any time soon.
>>
File: 1448464803211.jpg (15KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
1448464803211.jpg
15KB, 168x168px
>>27102047
>Nintendo isnt like that

Aaand this is why I jumped ship. My god you are deluded into blindly defending this company. Ever since Iwata it hasnt been the same. The company is a corporate front trying to milk money out fo every blind consumer who worships them.

>B-but nintendo loves us! and they listen to us...

>Breath of the wild
>Color splash
>Metroid Federation Force
>Animal crossing amiibo party
>Canning localization of anticipated games such as Rhythm heaven and Ace attorney

Face it. Nintendo is gone. They don't listen to the fans anymore, they don't try to be our friends, they don't give two shits about what the fans want anymore when this casualized mobile crap will make them more moolah.

Nintendo is fucking dead.
>>
>>27102120
Are you talking about DGS and AAI2? I admit I was disappointed they weren't coming, but we still are getting the next installment of the core games. So don't confuse people and make it sound like we're not getting any of them.
>>
>>27101966
How many threads do you need?
Fuck off to one of the other ones..
Can a mod not clean this shit up?
>>
>>27102018
This is very likely. The 3DS sold like shit and the Vita is dead. There really isn't a future in handheld consoles anymore.
>>27102120
Pokemon Go has put Nintendo's stock through the roof. They are far from dead. If anything, this is a new beginning. They're just going to go in a direction you don't like.

Nintendo's future is through their IPs, not their hardware.
>>
>>27102120
Botw is going to be good though
>>
>>27102120
WEW LAD
WHAT IS NINTENDO SINCE MID 2000'S????
>>
>>27102120

Breath of the Wild looks good, fuck you.

Also, Nintendo is doing incredibly well. It's not dying any time soon. Just look at its stock, or simply just stop lying.

The rest, however, I agree with.
>>
>>27102285
>The 3DS sold like shit
>Because it didn't sell like hotcakes like the DS it sold like shit
>>
>>27101966
Everyone will quit once new gens are added, which will probably result in Gamefreak milking genwun even more in the main series which is annoying considering how boring those designs are, but I doubt pokemon GO will be where the franchise goes from now on.
>>
>>27102318
>>27102303

Wind waker was different, but it still stuck to the Zelda formula of dungeons and puzzles.

BOTW is literally a skyrim clone with quest markers, exploration and "shrine" dungeons Its going to be the EXACT same thing as Phantom pain with outposts, little spots of nothing peppered throughout the land with nothing huge or interesting to do other then slide on a shield.

Its the exact problem with this industry and open world. They say you can do everything and in actuality you can do shit all. They'd be better off going story centric dungeon diving then this Skyward sword 2.0 nonsense.
>>
>>27101966
no
main line games actually make reliable money

they can cash in on Go for now but the mobile market is fickle, there no guarantee anyone will give a shit when they try it again
>>
>>27102285
>Nintendo's future is through their IPs, not their hardware.

>Nintendo makes sticker star
>Fans hate it
>LOL HERES STICKER STAR 2

>Nintendo makes Skyward sword
>Fans hate it
>LOL HERES OPEN WORLD SKYWARD SWORD 2

>Nintendo makes Other M
>Fans hate it
>WELL YOU LIKED PRIME, SO WE BUTCHERED IT!

>Nintendo makes pokemon ORAS
>Fans hate it
>Nintendo makes ...?

The cycle continues.
>>
>>27101966
Yes. I've never seen a game launch take off like this has. Pokémon became shit after gen3 and I haven't touched it since, many have followed suit. If you think the avg Pokemon go player is going to have any interest at all in buying a Nintendo 3ds just to play a shitty convoluted RPG you're fuckin out of your skull.

Everyone has a phone so everyone plays. This is the future of the franchise and I am 100% okay with it. Once they fix the glitches and smooth out the shitty combat it will be better than any garbage they chuck out for proprietary handhelds that you aspie shuttins might still buy.

I declared Pokemon dead a long time ago and GO made it cool again. Hail your new king.
>>
>>27102404
>fans complain pokemon is too easy
>LOL NOW IT TELLS YOU WHAT MOVE IS BEST
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 588x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 588x462px
>>27101966
>"Let's make an extremely-simplified version of a popular children's monster-collecting game based on real-world GPS locations freely accessible to the millions of smartphone owners in the world"
>no trading
>no PVP
>no way to add friends or even detect nearby players
I give Normiemon another week before most of the nostalgiafag 90's babbies move on. Unless there's a major update in the next month or so, this definitely won't hold me over until Sun and Moon. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but the novelty is already starting to wear off.
>>
>>27102420
t. genwunner
>>
>>27102367
>try it again

have you ever heard of updates?
>>
File: 1413872590668.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1413872590668.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>27102420
>Pokémon became shit after gen3
says who?

>This is the future of the franchise and I am 100% okay with it.

Troll
>>
>>27102120
>>breath of the wild

People have been asking for an open world Zelda for fucking years, especially since the release of games like Skyrim
>>
The problem with the mobile market is its fad based.

Pokemon Go! is huge now, but give it a week when the next kim kardashian Rpg comes out, and everyone flocks to it.

People only care to paly it because everyone else is, its popular. Nobody plays pokemon GO! exclusively because they like pokemon, they do it to fit in with their co-workers and friends.
>>
>>27102420
Here's your (you)
>>
>>27102436
>novelty is starting to wear off

of course it is. just like if I played sun and moon for one afternoon its novelty would have also already worn off.

It's all subjective. Some people will cling onto this game for a good while because of the social connotations or how unique it is, maybe so long that Nintendo decides to keep updating it and adding features, and there will be the people that realize it's essentially a timewasting e-peen scavenger hunt and stop playing tomorrow.
>>
>>27102471
Yeah, an Open world one with life, Towns, villages, and fullscale dungeons, not an apocolyptic barren wasteland of left behind relics and no humanity.

People wanted open world Lake Hylia, open world Castle town, Open world death mountain, Not this open cavernous valley of nothingness.
>>
It will affect nothing. Most of the Casual pokemon """""""fans""""""" will drop it in the next few weeks because those kinds of people hop on any kind of Uni/Insta/Twitter/Kardashian trend by the week/second.

But hey at least Ninty got a stock increase from this farce of a game
>>
>>27102492
The novelty for the mainline games ran out by the time GS came out in 2001. Pokemon was only a fad back them because there was nothing like it that reached such a huge overseas market before.
>>
>>27102477
I have been excited for GO since it was teased over a year ago. It takes inherent interest for things to become popular.

Try harder.
>>
>>27102018
>SM are the last 3ds games we will get
well yeah, the NX is coming
>>
>>27102420
Nice bait.
Pokemon is one of the best selling games in the world. People definitely will buy the new game because of this app. Sure, it'll be a small percentage of Go users who come back to the series, but it will happen.

>>27102285
>3DS sold like shit
I never knew shit sold THAT well

>Nintendo's future is though their IPs, not their hardware
Sort of right here, but you're using it to try and argue that they'll drop actual games for shit like a casual app. Nintendo are the only major developer around who push the envelope and try new things. Also, even the Wii U - which sold pretty badly - has seen its exclusive titles like Pokken and Splatoon sell way better than most everything on other platforms.
Nintendo sell decent amounts of consoles and tonnes of software and they have an install base who actually buy and play their games. There's absolutely no reason for them to suddenly drop their primary source of income to make briefly popular free to play games off the back of nostalgia.

They should invest more in merchandising their IPs though.. And that Uniqlo contest and all the Pokemon and Nintendo stores opening in major cities is a sign that they understand that they have big merchandise potential - probably because of the success of amiibos.

There's absolutely no chance they'll drop home consoles or handheld consoles. And there's absolutely no chance that Pokemon's core games will get dropped in favour of fucking Pokemon Go
>>
>>27102529
>nothing like it

besides the failure of ingress, what other game is doing what Pokemon go has just done? Everything is a fad then. fine. things come and go, no pun intended. But this is where the pokefad is moving towards, and like the handhelds, might have a fadlife of an entire decade. Who the fuck knows.
>>
File: Shin_Megami_Tensei_logo_-_JP.png (120KB, 831x208px) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Megami_Tensei_logo_-_JP.png
120KB, 831x208px
>>27102529
>there was nothing like it that reached such a huge overseas market before.

Ahem.

The only reason Pokemon got such huge exposure was because of the mass advertising campaign. It wasnt just a game or anime, it was plush, toys, toothbrushes, cereal, waffles, trading cards, pencils and art supplies, books, VHS, Premotional events, Sporting events. etc.

You couldn't go ANYWHERE n 95-98 without seeing pokemon merchandise or advertising.
>>
This entire thread:
QQ Pokemon Go is making my bad taste in games even more obsolete!
>>
File: 1451107767688.png (103KB, 736x744px) Image search: [Google]
1451107767688.png
103KB, 736x744px
>>27102535
A pokemon fan on /vp/ has ben excited for go for a year.

Big deal? You're a biased nobody. The real market is non pokemon fans, you'd eat any shit they thew at you because its pokemon.
>>
>>27102364
>it still stuck to the Zelda formula of dungeons and puzzles.

literally what?
what else do you want in a zelda game?
>>
>>27102565
Shin megami tense did NOT appeal to a mass overseas market, and only caught relevatively recently, and explaining why Pokemon did in an attempt to undermine it is kind of pointless. It's like saying something is ONLY X because of Y. Well no shit something has to make X Y.
>>
>>27102555
>Pokken
>Exclusive

HA.. hahahahahaha It' a port idiot, and a bad one at that.
>>
>>27102583
So you think sun and moon will appeal to non-Pokemon fans!?!

holy shit you're fucked.
>>
>>27102555
>There's absolutely no chance they'll drop home consoles or handheld consoles.
I think if they end up screwing the pooch on their home consoles, they'll stop in a good number of years (like a LONG time. Not anywhere close to now).

But I don't think they'll EVER give up handhelds.
>>
>>27102587
botw shows that having 100's of 30 second dungeons in a massive open world is closer to skyrim than say a link to the past.

Who the fuck wanted a skyrim clone? I want a new zelda game, not a new skyrim. Give me lengthy dungeons full of puzzles and twists. Give me a minimal plot and just let me solve dungeons, fight monsters, throw bombs, and let the mystical shit trickle in as the game goes on.

I'm pretty disappointed in what I saw in botw :(
>>
>>27102565
Persona is a niche only among the weebs
>>
>>27102493
You're describing Ocarina of Time. A game that already exists and you can play.
>>
>>27102599
>So you think sun and moon will appeal to non-Pokemon fans!?!

It will.

Do you have to start with RBY to enjoy a Pokemon game?
>>
>>27102598
Sorry, I didn't realise you import Japanese arcade cabinets and consider them to be an example of a home console and software sales at the same time.

>>27102603
They'd have to fuck up pretty massively, like Sega massively. And Nintendo have so much money... If all the old guys dies and their replacements are not the same sort of super passionate people then maybe... But there's no way current Nintendo could end up dropping games consoles.
>>
File: 1465346524083.jpg (4KB, 82x136px) Image search: [Google]
1465346524083.jpg
4KB, 82x136px
>>27102599
No? Where in any point of my post did I mention SuMo? We're talking Go. Go isnt made to appeal to pokemon fans. Which makes you, a Pokemon fan, a moot point. Go cashes in on the public crowd because its trendy and nostalgic. Who cares if a pokemon fan plays go? If anything that would deter their target Audience, having to live with knowing they fall into the same catagory as the 27 y/o neckbears who gasm over gen 7
>>
>>27102101
is your older sister single?
>>
>>27102635
>OoT
>Open world
>>
>>27102669
It had Hylian Field.
That's basically open world :^)
>>
>>27101966
Ninty's stocks skyrocketing because of a mobile game is very, very bad. They indicated they wanted to try mobile gaming, well they have and now their market value is +7.5 billion dollars. This is going to tell them that they need to appeal to the normie retards that don't want to play games, just stare at their phones for 5 minutes while they're outside. We're just seeing the beginning of Nintendo's phone game phase...since they've already been neglecting actual games (Sticker Star, no Metroid, etc.) it's just going to get worse. I'm willing to bet they're next step is to release a phone version of RBY, again it will appeal to normies that want to play 5 minutes at a time and love "muh nostalgia".

I have no idea why people are lauding this as a great thing for video games. Konami stopped working on real games because "phone games are the future" and look how that turned out. We have MGS3 Pachinko and no Silent Hills.
>>
>>27102679
So is my backyard.
>>
>>27102679
Hyrule field is a fucking hub and it takes maybe 30 seconds to cross on foot. If thats open world to you, then you have absolutely shit low standards
>>
>>27102707
My backyard is also a hub.
>>
>>27102731
Yes it is.

Is your backyard the entirety of planet earth? I think not.
>>
>>27102696
Pachinko are not mobile games and have always existed a long time.
>>
>>27102746
I live in space so yes it is.
>>
>>27102696
Nice logic.
If making bare bones mobile games with a Nintendo skin makes them billions then they'll just keep throwing them out on top of their current produce.
The apps will then also serve as advertisements for their actual games and consoles which will lead to a healthy increase in sales.

Konami aren't a proper comparison since Konami is a company that runs gyms and makes batteries and DVDs and shit. They're leaking money and couldn't afford to fund their games division so they restructured. Nintendo is purely a games company and they have loads of money.
>>
>>27102477
Or they play it because its fun? There are millions of people mindlessly wandering around ALONE, even if the majority play it with friends

Also, do you think Angry Birds was a fad? Or Candy Crush? They are still going strong
>>
File: images (1).png (3KB, 346x121px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
3KB, 346x121px
>>27102794
>Nintendo is purely a games company
>>
>>27102623
that's not even close to what i was talking about
>>
>>27102814
> do you think Angry Birds was a fad?

Seeing as the movie failed horribly in box office, yes.
>>
>>27102120
>Color splash
>Metroid Federation Force
>Animal crossing amiibo party
All in development before Iwata's death
Also Rhythm Heaven Megamix got localized
>>
>>27102849
To Europe. Not america.
>>
>>27101966
Bad shop
>>
>>27102829
>I'm upset because they made physical goods that can be used in games
Still games related, plus there's nothing wrong with merchandising their IPs... They should be making way more merch, really.

You could have, you know, not made such a worthless post. I don't care if you're upset that they didn't make an amiibo of your favourite character or whatever has you so riled up about cheap plastic figures.
>>
If they added traditional Pokemon mechanics (fighting before catching, fighting rando trainers on the street, trading, better combat) this game would be the absolute tits. As it is, everyone will definitely get bored soon.
>>
>>27102545
Isn't that console and not handheld?
>>
>>27102891
>I'm upset because they made physical goods that can be used in games

Yeah you know, i'd be totally okay with this.

Oh wait, Just one teeny tiny thing, the in game content is LOCKED to the amiibo. I'd be perfectly fine with this if they sold the DLC as is on he store or something, but why do I have to go out of my way to buy a shitty PVC statue just to unlock content in a game that you can't get any other way? Its ridiculous.

Maybe I don't WANT your shitty statues Nintendo. Maybe I don't WANT 30 of them clogging up my desk since you can't even store the stupid things.

If they actually did what they said they were going to and made the cards, MAYBE i'd give them a break, but guess what? They didn't. And now the only way to play extras in game is to spend $50 at scalpers value because some chucklefuck wants to get rich off his little figures.

$15 DLC for a costume is unacceptable, what makes you think $15 PHYSICAL DLC is any better?
>>
>>27102933
There's already a game that does that... It's called Pokemon and you can get it on all Nintendo handheld consoles.
Pokemon Go is just a casual, run into people on the street game/ice-breaker and nothing more.
>>
>>27102120
>I know nothing of how game development works
BotW is intensely popular.
Color Splash is done by Intelligent Systems.
Metroid Federation Force and Amiibo Festival were in development long before Iwata's death and were both experimental side games. Doesn't excuse the lack of a main Metroid, though.
Rhythm Heaven Megamix came out just fine to the rest of the world, and Ace Attorney isn't even first party.
>>
>>27102973
Color Splash is done by Intelligent Systems.

And this gives them merit ....how?

Intillegent systems is also behind Code Name Steam, Sticker Star Tokyo mirage and Fire emblem Fates.

Try again.
>>
>>27102995
I'm saying that it isn't a first party Nintendo game, dumbass. A completely different company is developing in. All that happens from them is the Miyamoto stamp of approval.
>>
>>27102962
>the in game content is LOCKED to the amiibo
Literally irrelevant to the thread, but sure I'll humour you.
The content amiibos unlock is almost also pointless, cosmetic garbage. There are a couple games like Fire Emblem that give you little bonuses like a character or whatever, but that's a pointless, extra character.
Amiibos don't offer anything other than a nice perk to owning the statue, there's literally no loss in not getting the shitty extras they offer. It's just a neat statue with a neat bonus.
Amiibos also informed nintendo of the value of their IPs in terms of non-game merchandise and I look forward to getting a Tiki keyring and Falco socks in the future.

Turn your autism down now, thanks.
>>
>>27102047
Nintendo had next to nothing to do with Go. It's all TPCI and Niantic.
>>
>>27103014
>It isnt a first party game

InteliSys /IS/ Nintendo. Its a first party underneath Nintendo, not third party.
>>
>>27102963
The forced social element is what has been making this game great so far. Also, since it's available for most smart phones, it allows a much larger and more diverse demographic to play, which makes for a more fun environment. It could be more than just an ordinary Pokemon game, but instead they decided to make it less
>>
File: 1439080843373.png (35KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1439080843373.png
35KB, 320x224px
>>27103019
>The content amiibos unlock is almost also pointless, cosmetic garbage.
And that somehow excuses the point of locking content in a game? also Code name steam unlocks complete characters, I'd hardly call that "cosmetic"
>Amiibos don't offer anything other than a nice perk to owning the statue
Figma and Nendoroid exist.
>there's literally no loss in not getting the shitty extras they offer.
Besides being the entire point of the sale?
>Amiibos also informed nintendo of the value of their IPs in terms of non-game merchandise and I look forward to getting a Tiki keyring and Falco socks in the future.
Oh so you're trolling. Good to know.

So because you as an individual don't care about the extra's they're moot to everyone else? And you call ME autistic? If you want statues there are far better alternatives out there, and that is NO excuse to lock parts of the game behind a physical paywall. NONE.
>>
>>27101966
AD 2017 nintendo phone is released
>>
>>27102847
>Seeing as the movie failed horribly in box office, yes.

Budget $73 million
Box office $337.5 million

?????????????????????
>>
>>27103120
That's horribly depressing. Thanks for providing that information.
>>
>>27102545
ayy
>>
>>27103151
That's what you get for assuming shit.

Movie was a box office success
I would have agreed it was CRITICALLY panned
>>
>>27103089
It's weird that you don't understand this.
Pokemon Go is a free app that targets nostalgia and acts as an ad for actual Pokemon games. Actual Pokemon games are much too big to work on the average phone, need buttons and are for consoles. Nintendo, TPCi and Game Freak make money from the Pokemon series and the games are to themselves. Pokemon Go is a separate thing and putting everything from the actual game into a free app literally makes the core game series worthless.

The social aspect exists in the actual games too. Not sure why you would make it a distinction regarding Go. Trading and battling your friends was the big appeal of Pokemon originally and it's sort of the entire idea behind the entire franchise; kid adventures, makes friends [pokemon/npcs] along the way - kid playing game needs to adventure and make real friends to finish his Pokemon collection.

>>27103096
Those characters, which I addressed in the post you're replying to, are a neat bonus and are not actually part of the game proper; they're a little bonus for people who bought amiibos.
Like actually I addressed your issues in my previous post already, all of them.

You're not only not able to read my post properly, nor the thread at all, but you don't understand the idea behind amiibos at all and want to buy pointless pseudo-dlc but not the figure it comes with? I'm not sure how you developed your chronic, mental illness but I'm afraid I can't cure it.

This thread sin't even about amiibos, so fuck off anyway.
>>
>>27102018
They will think twice about that Nintendo NX handheld after the success of Pokemon Go. A massive amount of people will play their Go type of games while handheld will sell for shit.
>>
>>27103203
>Pokemon games are too big to work on a phone.
HG/SS is only like 50MB at most, and the processing power required is EASILY less than most phones today.

I'm not the person you're responding to, but there is no reason that a full pokemon game can't be on the phone.
>>
>>27101966
I doubt most people will stay with it. For now it seems like the popularity is due to a lot of extra people picking it up who don't normally give two shits about Pokemon just because it's a fad. As such, it'll probably fade in relevance within the next month or two. I've also heard the app gets old fast anyways. That being said, it's cool to see everyone taking an interest even though it's also a bit annoying.
>>
>>27103249
HG/SS are also two generations old...
And you're avoiding the subject of Pokemon being a nintendo handheld console series. It's not leaving that unless they stop making handhelds and there is no way that's happening any time soon.
>>
>>27103307
HGSs was just an example because it was the first thing that came to my mind as to what I would love to have on my phone.

X/Y is ~2GB according to torrents, most phones wouldn't have a problem with that size at all. Most phones would probably struggle with the 3d models though.

Pokemon could very easily be transitioned over to a mobile platform. Obviously Nintendo has their own interests in keeping it on the handheld systems they also sell.
>>
>>27103380
The game wouldn't work on mobile because the entire mobile platform is built for casual, bare bones games like Clash of Clans or Puzzle&Dragons. The whole training and adventuring aspect of the series doesn't lend itself to Glen who plays on his bus to work or Susan who plays between her afternoon tea and her trip to the grocery store.
Mobile games are fast and easy and once for a couple minutes every day. The core series doesn't work like that.

Additionally, even Go barely works on my phone and crashes fairly frequently.. And I have a very recent, very decent phone - Motorola G3 (it;s not great, but it's grand). If they made the games mobile only then anyone who doesn't have a top of the line phone is suddenly left out. There's also the issue of phones being less sturdy than consoles and that leads to a loss of data... There are so many reasons why it should never happen..

However, there are plenty of spin-offs and side-game possibilities. They could always make a pokewalker app or berry garden app that you send a Pokemon to and walk around... Maybe fight off bugs from your garden or whatever...
But a main series game on mobile? Not a chance for at least 10 years - even then that's a worst case scenario/nintendo bottoms out situation.

Such a weird conclusion to come to, seriously.
I don't get how so many people can see a trendy game and jump to the conclusion that it should replace a long-standing series and framework despite countless reasons purely because it's popular right now. You could at least look at it from a developer's perspective first.
>>
>>27103203
Pokemon is already a pretty bare-bones game. Given that they've already implemented the 3D battle animations for shitty gyms, adding ordinary combat shouldn't be that large of a change/resource intensive. Phone games are not inherently bad, though its obviously not the best platform to program for if your game is really ambitious. But that's my point. Pokemon GO doesn't need to be much more than what they've already pulled off. In regard to the social element of the game, yes, all Pokemon games encourage players to cooperate, battle, and trade, but this is the first game that makes it (or could make it) much easier to run into other players, not just people that you somewhat know. Playing with complete strangers would be fun
>>
>>27103538
Also, I don't want it to, nor do I expect it to replace the core series, but it could be a very fun spin off in its own right. I doubt that it would undermine long-term sales of the core series, given that, as you have said, games on Nintendo's consoles are more stable and nuanced.
>>
>>27104490
As I explained, adding more in-depth battling would be counter-intuitive for a mobile game. The only updates it should ever get are customisation options and the rest of the Pokemon gradually being patched in... Maybe a secret base thing if location technology gets more advanced, too. Anything else would stop it from being its own thing.

>>27104562
Yah, it's fine as a spin-off but the prospect of it transforming into mainline Pokemon games is fucking stupid.
>>
File: dudewhat.jpg (28KB, 277x274px) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.jpg
28KB, 277x274px
>>27101966
>future of franchise determined by a "game" not even a week old
Calm your tits.
>>
>>27101966
We can only hope.

Pokemon has been stale for 2 generations now.

Pokemon Go finally made Pokemon fun again.

Anyone that disagrees is in denial,
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>27101966
i think this is it for handheld consoles. I can't honestly see an 9th Generation of Consoles with Dedicated Handheld Consoles, Sony already gave up and i think its Nitendo's turn to do it. Only thing stopping them is the the Main Pokemon Games, i mean they need to put it on soemthing
>>
>>27103089
>Great
If anything, having a bunch of socially retarded autistic fucks trying to be my "friend" is the #1 thing stopping me from "playing" it, aside from the fact that you get to catch about a grand total of 10 pokemon from the first gen depending on where you are and ypu can do absolutely nothing else
>>
>>27101966
it's been a success on the first few days of release like every single other game - and this one is FREE so it's not really a success at all.

When it's been a year, then we will know if it's a success or not. It HAS to generate some form of revenue to support itself over that time. If people aren't sucked into it enough to make microtransactions consistently - it will be dead before long.
>>
People who ACTUALLY like Pokemon very rarely are anything more than mildly interested in it. Like, "oh, this is kinda cool and will hold my attention for a week in summer while I wait for S/M." Almost any time I hear someone say they love it, it's someone who can't pronounce half the names and doesn't own a 3DS. I've asked pretty much every single person I've seen playing it about that, and I hardly ever encounter people who even know that there's a new game coming out.
>>
File: baitest bait.jpg (42KB, 477x347px) Image search: [Google]
baitest bait.jpg
42KB, 477x347px
>This entire thread
>>
>>27102814
See, the thing about those games is that you can do it anywhere at any time and they have tons of replayability. Do you really think that in this day and age, people who don't really give a shit about Pokemon are going to continue actually WALKING for more than a month, max? People are getting mugged left and right in St. Louis because they don't know how to walk in public. People across the country are literally ranting and raving about how they're discovering stuff in their neighborhood they never knew existed because they've never fucking stepped outside beyond their car doors. People are praising it for making them lose weight, and let me tell you, with the amount of exercise you get from playing this game, considering the battery life of phones even with mobile chargers, you would have to live a 100% sedentary lifestyle to actually lose a considerable amount of weight doing this.

People fucking hate walking. People hate exercise. People are NOT going to continue walking around like they are now for very long.

And also, Angry Birds and Candy Crush may be ridiculously easy, but they have a metric fuckton of levels that actually feel different enough to keep drawing people in. Furthermore, people's brains feel stimulated because it makes you sorta think a tiny bit. The biggest factor in this comparison, though, is that you can play candy crush and angry birds *anywhere* without moving around. Pokemon Go is unplayable without good data, good battery life, and without moving around at least a block. Not to mention the countless bugs and problems it has that are just plain frustrating.

There is no challenge or real sense of accomplishment that comes from Go. Sure, it feels good for the first few days for most people to catch pokemon and level them up and evolve them, but you just give it a few weeks or a couple months, and people will get bored. People are already getting bored. There are fundamental differences between Go and fad apps.
>>
>>27105141
Oh, and here's another thing I didn't have space for; Pokemon Go is literally nothing but grinding. People fuckin' HATE grinding, unless it rewards you enough to make you addicted to it. Pokemon Go is seriously lacking that reward. Puzzle games aren't grinds like Pokemon is. That's another huge reason why it WILL die off.
>>
>>27105189
>Puzzle games aren't grinds like Pokemon is.
I take it you never played PAD

Then again that game became a fad only in Japan
>>
>>27105863
Absolutely no clue what that is, so no. Still irrelevant, because we're talking about Angry Birds and Candy Crush, two games that are not grinds.
>>
>>27101966
Anyone else worried that Microsoft might buy out Nintendo due to Pokemon Go's success.

If Surface Phone does come out and is able to successfully perform x64, that makes a true Pokemon Game very viable on a Surface Phone.

And Microsoft did buy Minecraft after all based on how many people play Minecraft.

I won't be surprised if Microsoft buys Nintendo or at least the Pokemon franchise next.

And Microsoft would make a pretty successful gamble if Surface Phone was the only current phone capable of a real Pokemon game normally available of proper gaming Nintendo handhelds.
>>
>>27105141
>>27105189
>>27105863
>>27105928
Granblue Fantasy has a chance of becoming Normie Friendly.

It allows hundreds of players to battle the same enemy boss all in real time without lagging.

You can play on your home internet browser as well in case you go over the data on your phone plan.
>>
>>27101966
No. What a stupid thread for retards.
>>
>>27105928
Puzzle&Dragons is, like, the biggest mobile game and the first one to ever make a billion dollareedoos, though. It's also had a spin-off released on 3DS and an anime adaptation.

>>27105991
There is literally no chance of that ever happening
>>
>>27105991
Microsoft can't buy Nintendo
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 640x360px
>>27103151
Actually, that movie was based and redpilled as fuck.
>>
>>27101966
People will stop playing it in about 2 weeks when twitter gets bored of it. Any remaining "nerds" will keep playing until gen III "when pokemon was good". Afterwards it'll be you guys and some other autistics left.
People will still claim pokemon as their favorite though you can count on that.
t. A near-normie
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.