[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Go is just a stupid geo-cacheing app with some social

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

Pokemon Go is just a stupid geo-cacheing app with some social hooks and an AR camera overlay: It’s an amalgamation of app features tied together by your nostalgia for an old video game and/or cartoon.

When will the social media hype die off? It's fucking embarrassing seeing 20-30 year old hipster douchebags walk around in public with their noses in their phones conglomerating in random locations and talking about le 90s kids nostalgia.
>>
>>27097180
>I never leave the house and I have nobody to converse with about this social app.
>>
>>27097180
Seriously i dislike normies a lot but i hate you neets complaining about everything, game is not perfect but still fun try to enjoy maybe in your life you will meet some friends.
>>
>>27097180
Anon, we should wait sometime before judging. Right now it seems rather silly, but it has potential to become a great game.

BTW, why are you so pissed? You could just, you know, not play it.
>>
>>27097180

You sound like a massive faggot
>>
>>27097180
>implying geocaching isn't fun
>>
>>27097180
Yeah, how dare people have fun.
>>
>>27097180
I'm glad this game bothers you.
>>
>>27097180
The average age of Pokémon Go users is 32, if so many grown men and women are playing this app that they enjoy then how is it embarrassing? Does it embarrass YOU seeing OTHER people having fun while you don't?
>>
>Pokemon Go is just a stupid geo-cacheing app with some social hooks and an AR camera overlay: It’s an amalgamation of app features tied together by your nostalgia for an old video game and/or cartoon.
Yes, and?

>When will the social media hype die off?
When people stop playing probably. The same as literally every single other popular game.

> It's fucking embarrassing seeing 20-30 year old hipster douchebags walk around in public with their noses in their phones conglomerating in random locations and talking about le 90s kids nostalgia.
They've been doing literally all of this for years.
>>
>>27097180
Damn, you must really not like having fun
>>
>>27097180
Seriously, get over yourself.

Have you even played it or are you just wanting attention? Cause literally NO ONE cares that you don't like it.
These kinds of posts are getting stupid and annoying.

It's not embarrassing seeing people get exercise, having fun, socializing, every second person has the app.

go be a killjoy, emo elsewhere.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11-20-29-10.png (225KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11-20-29-10.png
225KB, 540x960px
>>
I hated the hype surrounding this game. There is a lot of 90s kid entitlement bullshit going on but frankly I just want to try this shit out. Too bad servers are down where I live.
>>
This game would be good if they had all gens and actually battling in them

As it is is just a huge wasted opportunity.
>>
Also. Seriously.

Why not a Windows 10 version? Imagine being able to check your Pokémon on your PC. Or actually do proper battles there with the.
>>
File: What.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>27099640
The Nintendo Treehouse event pretty much confirmed there plenty of things in the dev pipe, future gens being one of them and with Fairy type in the current game, that solidifies that statement.

I assume they were short on time for making the game because they were pressured to complete it in the 20th anniversary yearframe, more specifically before Sun & Moon launch.

>>27099657
PCs and most tablets don't have GPS/Mobile Data, buddy. Maybe management/community app that works jointly with the game but that's not happening.
>>
>>27097180
cry more faggot. Let people have fun
>>
>>27099860
No I'm talking of Windows 10 on mobile and of course, data transfer to your PC for better management and battling. Maybe that's asking for too much but it would be really fucking cool.
>>
The game is fun, people don't need others justification to play a game they enjoy and have fun.
>>
>>27099640

I don't get why people think this is the completed app? It's not, it was never said it was, if anything it's still in beta!
They have already confirmed updates with trading, battling and the other gen Pokemon coming in the future updates, they weren't going to put EVERYTHING into the app all at once on release day.
Don't you think it's be stupid to spend all this money on adding all of those things now only to have the app flop? It's a success, they know it, so now they can spend that money on updating it!
>>
File: 2f8.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2f8.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>27100008
There is a petition for it, but everyone is under the assumption it won't do anything coupled with WP's 1% marketshare, PKM Co. and Niantic go where the money is that being iOS and Android larger userbase. A companion desktop app for UWP would be great, but it's a pipe dream.
>>
>>27097180
STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>>
>>27097180
I am /fit/, I jog ate my local park for three hours a day everyday after work. PokeGo has made the jog so much more fun, I keep running into people I've met at the local bars and catch up with them.

I'm in love with the social aspect of the game more than the actual gameplay. The game feels alive because of all the people I've met and become friends with in this short period of time.
>>
>>27100008
>>27100106
Also, Windows Central has shot a polite question their way. They're awaiting a response.

http://www.windowscentral.com/will-we-ever-get-pokemon-go-windows-10
>>
File: 45433.jpg (109KB, 548x712px) Image search: [Google]
45433.jpg
109KB, 548x712px
Why is bitching about XY and ORAS fine, but as soon as you say something bad about Pokemon Go it's not OK?
>>
>>27097180
>Pokemon Go is just a stupid geo-cacheing app with some social hooks and an AR camera overlay: It’s an amalgamation of app features tied together by your nostalgia for an old video game
I'm ok with this
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>27097180
I met up with some complete strangers at a Pokestop with a Lure activated and had tons of fun talking with them while catching pokemon. Sorry you're an autist who despises social interaction I guess?
>>
>>27097411
I forget who said it but a quote that's as always stuck with me, and is appropriate in the context of Pokemon, is one that says something like "A kid wants to grow up and is concerned with looking childish, whereas a true adult knows they're grown up and isn't concerned with their appearance if interested by childish things". Something like that
>>
File: 82812883812.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
82812883812.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>27100622
OP, do what im doing.
Spoof the GPS (yes theres a method) and cheat my way into taking over every gym in my state and eventually expand to the entire east coast.

I'll also be setting up lures every few feet for miles at an end so people have no idea whats real or fake.

Eventually the people in my area will give up on go because of the frustration.
>>
>no trading or head-to-head battling
the irony of pokemon go is that it's actually less social than the originals
>>
File: gofag.jpg (72KB, 750x781px) Image search: [Google]
gofag.jpg
72KB, 750x781px
>>27100812
Ehh, no one wants to admit their faults.
All you see if 300 pound fedora lords thinking they're better than everyone now that they've gotten some rays of sun.

If it took a shitty mobile game to get you out your dorito cave then chances are you're still a fat fuck and have no social skills.
>>
>>27097180
Well, yeah, but it's kinda fun. I was more of an ingress fan though (similar game, same devs, smaller community, more depth). And we will get trading.

Combat's shit, though.
>>
File: 1788565524.png (215KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1788565524.png
215KB, 500x364px
>>27100883
>Fat ass complaining because he can't get off his chair and walk around
When will that guy drop dead?
>>
>>27100812
http://www.techinsider.io/pokmon-go-will-get-pokmon-trading-2016-7

Where were you when anon was (potentially) BTFO
>>
>>27100697
Sounds like CS Lewis.

Is this is? http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/297419-when-i-became-a-man-i-put-away-childish-things
>>
>>27097180
>Calls people hipsters for being over 20 and playing Pokemon.
>is the contrarian hipster

Cool hipster meme, did you know that the stigma of being a hipster has actually shifted to people saying 'hipster'.
>>
>>27097180
That feel when I bought stocks in Nintendo three months ago and this "stupid geo-caching app" is making me lots of money.
>>
>go to college campus yesterday for stops
>stops everywhere
>people playing
>decide to drop my free lure module
>more people show up and are ckearly playing
>me and the friend I was with dont even go to this school
>go back to car
>module up at college bookstore stop
>fucking policeman on a bicycle standing there playing
>asks us if we found pikachu yet
True story
>>
>>27097180
>hipster
you know what that means, right? It's a long-lasting term, been around since the origins of youth culture.
A hipster is an individual who adopts the traits of a new sub-culture that is being sold to them. Like the 'Jazzy white guys' back in the 50s or the Vampire Weekend fans that turned into the "streetwear kids".
Hippie is another term for hispter, too.

Playing a casual game isn't a complete adoption of a commodified sub-culture. Unless everyone playing the game starts dressing like Pokemon characters then there's nothing to see here. Plus, hipsterism is always tied to music anyway - like all proper subcultures are.

... Hipsters are also a type of jeans, worn at the hips. Pretty sure that was the origin of the term - with the earliest 'hipsters' wearing the jeans as part of their whole adoption of a culture thing... But that's speculative because I've only looked so deep into it.

It's a nothing point anyway since as humans participating in culture we all adopt aspects of culture anyway. The term hipster is just a derogatory term used by people who are oblivious to their also being a 'personality' made up of elements of a culture that they have adopted.

So, you're an idiot OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 1241x1869px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 1241x1869px
>>27097180
Boyz 4 life
>>
I live next to the graveyard and there are around 5 pokestops at various statues and gravestones, and I found Ghastly there too. I would have never visited the graveyard without this app and not learned of the hundreds of buried nuns who were well in their 100s when they died.
>>
>eventually, pokemon go and pokemon sun/moon shall connect
>nintendo shall deceive normies into new games
>that's why the new games have the rotom map (emulates a real world map), the effective/non effective thingy (normies can't hold that amount of info)
>20 anniversary shall bring le 90s kids again and fucked it bc they can't understand the new mechanics

But keep calm, once Gen V is added, normies shall abandon, bc "muh icecream and muh gears"

Even once Gen III is added, they shall abandon, they are le 90 kids, they don't even know what fairy type is or what ev/iv/breeding are.
>>
>>27097180
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27097180
Ohhh you are one of those people.

The hipster that hates popular things to seem deep and cool.

Lmfao relax tight ass, it's a fuckin game, people like it, it's not hurting anything.
>>
how much you wanna bet normies will complain when the Johto patch comes?
>>
>>27102006
I don't know, I feel like Pokemania extended into gen 2 pretty well, and most normies saw the first movie therefore like Marill, Snubbull, and Togepi.
Gen 3 will start the bitching.
>>
>>27101537

Amazing
>>
>>27101992
Hey thats what I said
>>27100384
>>
>>27097180
Stop being such a pussy, OP

You are embarrassing yourself
>>
>>27097180
don't worry, contentless distractions like this die off pretty quickly. People will use it to meet new people and after they make a few friends drop it in favor of just hanging out with those friends they meet, outside a small number of diehards of course.
>>
>>27100725
Can't you only put lures on pokestops? Gonna chalk this up to dumb frogposters...
>>
>>27097180
the edge of your fedora is dangerously sharp
>>
>>27097180
>TFW if Go gets the same battle mechanics as the base franchise, trading, breeding and stats on the pokemon other than the CP the base franchise will go to shit
There's a reason why they made it that way, because they knew nostalgia fags would like it
also
>Hurr child gaem
>which fucking child has enough money to buy a phone with the reqs the game has unless their parents have a decent job and are not so uptight
>freemium game
It's obvious Go was aimed at twenty something college fucktards and NEETS and 30 something normies with full time jobs
>>
>>27097180
I know it's upsetting, but if you actually walk enough, you'll lose enough weight so that it's fun to play.
>>
>>27101537
Guarantee he was murdered by another black for something petty.
>>
>>27097180
>It's fucking embarrassing seeing
maybe to you, as a social reject
>>
>>27100636

Because go is 'totally original'
>>
if i went back in time and told your 10 year old self about pokemon go, you wouldve given your left nut to be able to play. just let yourself enjoy it you dumb.faggot
>>
>>27097244
What the fuck is a "normie" and why would you not want to be normal?
>>
>>27103003
>countless distractions
It's a fad, not a "distraction". People can enjoy it while they can. GO is going to be completely different in only a couple of weeks. Only a small fraction of people playing now will be left playing, and newer players will not feel like playing it through.
>>
>>27097180
>It’s an amalgamation
stopped reading here

Amalgamation is the process, what you mean is AMALGAM. Anyone who throws around this word should learn what it actually means. It's cooler when you now what you're talking about.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.