[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GF Executive (Ex) : "Alright guys, we've almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: GF.jpg (3KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GF.jpg
3KB, 480x360px
>GF Executive (Ex) : "Alright guys, we've almost finished making Pokemon Silver and Gold, but something's been nagging me. I think it be great if we really make full use of color now games can support it, any suggestions? "

>GF Employee (Emp): "How about we give all pokemon alternate colorings?"

>Ex: "That's a great idea!"

>Emp: "And each alternate color is just a slightly different hue so that's it's barely noticeable "

>Ex: "Even better!!"

>Emp: "And we make them sparkle quickly just when they appear so players know they are different, it's not like they could just look away for a moment and miss it"

>Ex: "Great idea!!"

>Emp: "And we give a small handful of pokemon completely different colors...."

>Ex: "Hmm.....I dunno about tha..."

>Emp: "....like gaudy neon pink and greens that don't suit the pokemon at all! "

>Ex: "Ha ha, that's brilliant!!"

>Emp :"And they will only have a 1/8192 chance of showing up, meaning that most people won't even know they exist."

>Ex: "Magnificent!!"
>>
Red Gyarados.

Also, you're bound to find at least one shiny pokemon playing around the game if you did play enough. I got three in my first run as a kid.
>>
>Iwata: Fuck you guys learn to program already holy shit
>>
>>27089982
Nah. Pokemon is my religion and I still didn't encounter my first natural shiny until Platinum.
>>
>>27089982
I had a shiny unown.
It looked exactly like a regular one besides the sparkle at the beginning.
>>
Shiny Nidoran male line is god-tier, fuck you.
>>
>>27089910
What Pokemon was it, OP? Which one got away?
>>
>>27089982
Been playing since blue version and never saw a shiny. I got pokerus after rerunning gen 3, which greatly helped me until wonder trade was a thing
>>
>>27089982

Red Gyarados, fair enough, but why all of them if most of the colors were barely different from the rest and you'll likely not run into them unless you play it obsessively long after you completed the main and post game.

I've played through GS many times any never encountered any. Heck, i didn't even know they existed till about a year ago when I got back into the games once i was able to afford a DS.
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236KB, 336x418px
>>27089910
>>
>>27090183
I've heard that in GSC, the shiny coloration was "calculated" somehow using the original color scheme, rather than someone going through and deciding a second color scheme for every individual Pokemon. That's why they seem so random.

I have no idea what their excuse is in later gens, though.
>>
>>27090154
Yes i know, i have one, took me 10hrs of horde hunting to get it. Some are great, but majority of them have terrible coloring.

>>27090155
None. I love GS, but it just occurred to me how stupid the idea is. Would of been better to breed alternate colored pokemon. That way, you'd would learn about breeding mechanics rather than running round in the grass for hours hoping one will eventually show up, and learn nothing from it.

It's fine now with lower odds and shiny charms so when you accidentally run into one it's a great surprise. But for the older games it just kind of baffling.
>>
>>27089910

I played on a classic Game Boy...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.