[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason Game Freak refuses to make their games enjoyable,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (19KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19KB, 256x192px
Is there a reason Game Freak refuses to make their games enjoyable, complete experiences nowadays?
>>
>>27081146
They need a bigger team.
>>
Because nobody liked Gen 5 where they added a shit ton of things and now they're salty.
>>
>>27081146
Because fuck you. That's why.
>>
>>27081146
Yes. The reason is that you're no longer ten years old, so you're a lot harder to impress. And that's somehow their fault, I guess?
>>
>>27081237
I don't know, I wouldn't say RB were very good despite being ten years old then.
It is their fault that they aren't making substantial games anymore like Emerald, Platinum, HGSS or BW2. I know this kind of opinion triggers people here, but I'd like a good game, if that's not too much to ask.
>>
>>27081304
I really enjoyed X/Y, so I guess that makes me a bad guy.
>>
>>27081304
>BW2
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>27081377
>there.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>27081146
Gen 4 overworld sprites are qt
>>
>>27081353
That's fine, I did as well, at least at some points. I still wouldn't call it good though.
You're crazy if you can't find any enjoyment in any mainline Pokémon game, I'd just like a singleplayer experience that's fairly substantial is all.
>>
If you're not enjoying yourself, then you must be doing something wrong. Even battle mongers can have their jollies, at least unless they are that picky about having ultra perfect mons, then you are better off with a simulator. Don't want to do that? Then what's your preference? We've got Contests, Secret Bases, and Amie. There aren't a lot of rematches anymore, but they're still there if you want them. If you're really feeling bored, you can always start over with a new batch of pokes. If you're burnt out, then by all means, do something else. It doesn't make you less of a fan.

The only real issue I see is if you have a problem with Pokemon itself. Indeed this is not the franchise to seek for difficulty, not even from the spinoffs. If you don't like RPGs, puzzle games, or even pinball, there isn't anything I can recommend to you. We have the lightest TCG environment I'm aware of, but beware, they, like all TCG communities, are still highly competitive. Beyond the games, you either have the anime, manga, or the fan works community. If you can't deal with any of that, then yes, pokemon is not for you.
>>
>>27081878
How about a fucking battle facility that isn't just an uninspired rehash of the Tower?
Sounds insane, I know.
>>
>>27081933
I'll never undrstand how people didn't get bored of those gimmicks after an hour.
>>
>>27081976
So because you don't care for it, it isn't a problem? I don't care about contests, but I wouldn't dismiss them just because of my own personal opinion.
>>
>>27081190
The best of these things they added was a challenge mode. A challenge mode that forced you to beat the game first. It then forced you to trade it with your second copy of the game on your second DS.
>>
>>27081146
It costs less money to not do that than it would to do that.
>>
File: 11.png (49KB, 476x296px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
49KB, 476x296px
>>27081146
It's because they know the games will sell regardless of how good they are.

The worst part is, after the cashgrab first pair of games they'd usually focus more on the veteran fans with the third version, but now we aren't even getting third versions anymore.
>>
Yeah OP I don't know why they made the Sinnoh Frontier a flaming piece of shit after Emerald's GOAT one
>>
>>27081146
Because if we were satisfied with one game we wouldn't keep buying the next ones.
It's not laziness, just marketing.
>>
>>27081146
you're gonna buy it anyways
>>
There's no sensible reason for them to always take out move tutors when there's nothing stopping them from throwing them into the first game and improving upon them in the 2nd versions or remakes
>>
>>27083257
Half of emeralds battle frontier was too gimmicky and pointless
>>
>>27085234
The only bad facility in Emerald is the Palace.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.