[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Name isn't Salamandit >Ability only allows you to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: salandit.jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
salandit.jpg
40KB, 600x338px
>Name isn't Salamandit
>Ability only allows you to inflict the poison status, but not necessarily let you hit Steels with actual attacks
>Already has fire STAB so being able to use toxic on Skarmory is redundant anyway
Waste of potential? Waste of potential.
>>
Why don't you wait to see if you can actually use poison moves on steel types instead of shit posting and claiming something is wasted potential when you know shit about it but I guess I just answered myself
>>
You underestimate the utility of being able to poison Steel-types.
>>
But who would want to hit a Steel type with a damaging Poison move when that very Pokemon is Fire type? The only reason it's a cool ability is because of the Poison status.

Oh, and Salamandit is a shit name.
>>
>>27069949
He doesn't, really.

Most relevant thing is Heatran but it needs actual good stats to be decent in that tier.
>>
>>27069957
Being able to hit more things for neutral damage is always good.
>>
Are you all forgetting that it also has the ability to poison Poison-types? That seems more useful to me.
>>
>>27069882
>Be op
>think Salamandit is a better name than Salandit
>wants to use poison moves on the steel type, instead of the STAB flamethrower
>Thinks applying toxic to a wall is a waste of time
>>
>>27069998
on a switch I mean
>>
>>27070014
Not OP but salamandit is a better name tho
>>
File: Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-04.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-04.png
74KB, 412x351px
>>27069882
>Ability only allows you to inflict the poison status, but not necessarily let you hit Steels with actual attacks

If this is true then I am very disappointed.
>>
>>27070060
Pretty much this i mean contrarian is pretty much a buzzword at this point but there's no way anyone can legitimately think Salandit sounds better than Salamandit
>>
As a Toxic user, I hope its ability comes to more Pokemon or it/its evolutions is viable online.

Fuck steel types.
>>
>>27070072
Salandit rolls off the tongue better. Salamandit is too much of a mouthful.
>>
>>27069882
They name it Salandit to distinguish it from its evo, Salamandit. As a little side note, it is actually a split evo: males evolve into Salamandit and females evolve into Salamistress.
>>
>>27070094
This
>>
>>27070072
>>27070060
You think a clunky ass name is superior to the one that rolls off the tongue?

Actual contrarian opinions going on here, I'm witnessing it first hand
>>
>>27070129
Salamandit rolls of the tongue because it is literally the word Salamander with the last syllable replaced. If anything the actual name is the clunky one.
>>
>>27070094
Salandit does not "roll of the tongue" better. You have to stumble and decide whether make the "la" sound like "band" in "bandit" or the "la" in sala as in salamander and that's bad. Salamandit has one more syllable but that doesn't inherently mean it's harder to say. The two words come together much more naturally and therefore it flows.
>>
>>27070148

Sal
an or lan
dit

Not too hard.
>>
>>27070148
>You have to stumble and decide whether make the "la" sound like "band" in "bandit"
For the record I believe this is the correct way but that it doesn't mesh together is the issue. You don't literlaly have a hard time pronouncing it, that isn't the issue, but the point is there's multiple ways it could be pronounced and neither works with both words that make up the portmanteau at the same time, whereas adding one more syllable makes the word as easy a word to sat as as the word "salamander" already is while combining the words seamlessly
>>
>>27070174
>salamandit
>salamander + it
>saman dit
Not too hard. That's dumb logic.
>>
>>27070174
>or
And that's the problem.

Salamandit is very clear, because the 'an' would be pronounced the same way in both salamander and bandit. The current one cuts it off at a bad location, because the 'a' would be pronounced different between both words.
>>
>>27070008
How many Poison-types are in OU? Venusaur?
>>
>>27070257
gen of the gar.
>>
>>27070148
>you have to stumble and decide

Don't associate your autism onto others man. I've been pronouncing it Sal-land-It this whole time nigga.
>>
>>27070238
So the problem is that you are indecisive? I don't see how that effects that Salandit is easier to say.
>>
>>27070276
>>27070204
It isn't about LITERALLY going awkard and stuttering "u-uh... uh.. salulu-hlsalndit" you imbecile. Maybe actually read the fucking point.
>>
This thing looks and sounds like some creepypasta bullshit and it's freaking me out
>>
>>27069973
I can think of a few more targets not weak to Fire or Poison that don't appreciate getting poisoned.

>Heatran
>Mega Venusaur
>Empoleon
>Tentacruel
>Opposing Salandit
>Dialga
>Dragalge
>Toxicroak (it would be better off burning this or hitting it with a fire move)
>Most poison types in general (Muk, Weezing, Nidos, Crobat, Gengar)

In terms of OU viability though, that's still a pretty small list.

It's also implied by the ability that it can poison Pokemon by the added effects of moves, so maybe it can poison Poison types that switch in to take a Sludge Bomb too.

The thing is, it will probably end up getting Will-O-Wisp and Lava Plume too, so you might be better off just trying to burn some of these things. Not that Salandit even looks like it will end up being a defensive pokemon. It looks like it will be an offensive pokemon that won't have time to play around with Toxic.

tldr: I think its ability will end up going mostly useless except for random poisons on defensive Poison types due to Sludge Bomb.
>>
>>27070303
So it's about you thinking there's two ways to pronounce it, and I've only ever saw the singular way to pronounce it.

That's a personal problem bucko.
>>
>>27070338
It doesn't matter what YOU saw, as I said in that fucking post if WOULD ACTUALLY FUCKING READ and use your fucking brain instead of degenerating into strawmans and insults that the intention is almost definitely Salandit, but instead of just having one more syllable and making the portmanteau flow together, they threw together the words at a point that makes sense which increases the disparity between them.
>>
>>27070338
>point that makes sense
Makes no sense, my rage of arguing over the internet with anonymous people made me fuck up
>>
Put more emphasis on the N desu

Salannnnnnndit
>>
>>27070371
Any person with a brain can see the connection point of salamander and bandit in Salandit and will pronounce it correctly.
>>
>>27070371
Nigga, chill the fuck out.

It doesn't increase the disparity between them. That's again you looking at a weird ass way to pronounce it that nobody else would think to pronounce it. Sal-land-dit rolls perfectly well, and has no real disparity involved with it.

When you see options, a clunky way and a really nice way to pronounce a word, why would you give the first option the time of day?
>>
If you like Salamandit better then just nickname it that.
>>
>>27070475
There IS no connection point. The word cuts off before the point where they would naturally be connected doesn't show up. THAT'S the fucking problem. The best place to combine the words "salamander" and and "bandit" would be the place where the pronunciations match up because the pronunciation is shared and there's no conflict between sala from salamander and ndit and sal + andit from bandit.
>>
>>27070548
There is no conflict, thats just YOU having an autistic break down.

It's Sal-Lan-Dit. Period. Connects and rolls off the tongue perfectly fine.

Guess what, it doesn't have to be pronounced like Sala for the connection to salamanders to be there.
>>
You can toxic a bisharp that's pretty useful for dodging sucker punch
>>
>>27070548
Sal from salamander + andit from bandit. It is simple to pronounce. Like I said anyone with a brain could see it.
>>
Maybe its evolution is going to have "Salama-" as the prefix and they didn't want to both of them to?
>>
>>27070612
I am fucking explaining to you why this name dos not work from a fucking linguistic standpoint. I'm not saying "this name is bad and you're bad for thinking it's not bad!!!" and you keep coming back with this "nuh-uh, fuck you, you're dumb!" Eat shit.
>>
File: confused biker.png (2MB, 1500x1392px) Image search: [Google]
confused biker.png
2MB, 1500x1392px
>>27070319
>Mega Venasaur
>Not weak to fire
Did I miss something?
>>
>>27070748
Thick Fat
>>
>>27070748
Thick fat cancels fire weakness on it
>>
>>27070646
And I'm telling you it does make sense linguistically, have you not caught on to this? Me disagreeing with you isn't the same as me not understanding your point.

I get your point fine, I'm saying its false.
>>
>>27070008
Yeah right nerd
>>
>>27070275
>toxic something with paper defenses instead of just outright killing it
>>
>>27070257

Amoongus?
>>
>>27071022
To bad its weak to Fire to even count.
>>
>>27070309
I thought the same. It's like a chupacabra or some shit.

Definitely /x/ material.
>>
>>27070094
this by far
salamandit sounds fucking retarded
>>
>>27069882
>Goldeen used Mud-Slap!
>>
It'll probably get a signature move that's a fire-type Scald that inflicts Poison instead
>>
>>27073737
That'd be pretty neat. However,

>Fire type Scald
You mean eruption?
>>
File: Don't be stupit.gif (162KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Don't be stupit.gif
162KB, 160x160px
>>27079031
>that inflicts Poison instead
Since when does eruption inflict Poison?
>>
File: totolaugh.gif (21KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
totolaugh.gif
21KB, 150x160px
>>27070303
>"u-uh... uh.. salulu-hlsalndit"
>>
>>27079055
What he means is that you could have just said an eruption that poisons, instead of a fire type scald that poisons. You would have saved yourself a few words.
>>
>>27079031
Eruption is fire-type Water Spout.
>>
>>27069882
>we added this because there are hundreds of bulky steel and poison types in the rich and flavorful VGC meta
>>
>>27069882
>but not necessarily let you hit Steels with actual attacks
[citation needed]
>>
>>27069882
This better mean they'll be giving Drapion a mega with super duper boosted defenses.
>>
>>27069882
Salamander that warps perceptions of trainers and Pokemon

>Salamander+Slander+Bandit

I hope this helps OP
>>
>>27079229
Yes, because it's obviously called Slandit. Retard.
>>
>>27069882
The 4x Fairy resist and being able to Toxic Heatran is already more than enough.
>>
>>27079429
>implying fairies won't hit it with a psychic type attack on the switch
>Mime Jr. used confusion
>>
The most important part of the ability is that they can't really switch anything into Toxic safely.
>>
>>27069882
It counters poison types super hard though
>>
File: thick_fat_by_dragonith-d6l0ig8.png (747KB, 1024x584px) Image search: [Google]
thick_fat_by_dragonith-d6l0ig8.png
747KB, 1024x584px
>>27070748
Thicc fat.
>>
>>27079144
Read the fucking description
>Corrosion allows the user to inflict poison on any Pokémon regardless of type, allowing them to poison Poison and Steel-type Pokémon.
>inflict poison
>not hit with attacks
If it could, then I'm sure we would have seen it in the trailer to show off its damage potential
>>
>>27069882
it counters Fairies pretty well

stab Poison is rare in the meta
>>
>>27069882
There was a leak that also said bruxish had low speed and her ability was also rendered useless because of it.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.