[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >crappy play to win game becomes uber popular >it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: it's over.jpg (18KB, 248x203px)
it's over.jpg
18KB, 248x203px
>2016
>crappy play to win game becomes uber popular
>it's not even out in all the world yet
>the worst has yet to come
>literally everyone is a "true pokemon fan now"
>everyone swears by pokemon like its 2000
>no respect for who sticked with the franchise all these years
>no pokemon over the crappy first 151 gets aknowledged
>literally normfags, newfags and tumblerine and redditors everywhere
>5 months since Sun and Moon announcement
>practically 0 new features over XY
>even more casualized
>already shoved down our throats half of the dex (if they stick with XY numbers)
>vp is unreadable
>generals are almost dead
>facebook memes on vp
>hashtags on vp
>people that never fapped to a pokemon on vp

I'd say it's time to abandon ship, guys. I love you all, you sweet soldiers. We've lost. Normies have won.
>>
>>27062292
OK then leave nobody is going to miss you.
>>
Genwunners won. Simple as that.
>>
>>27062292
>>no respect for who sticked with the franchise all these years
This is what gets me the most. At least respect the newer shit if you're going to be coming back.
>>
>waaah
>people are PLAYING this game!

fucking kill yourself. no one will miss you
>>
>>27062292
>2000
But I've been playing since 1998
Guess I'm not a true fan because I stopped watching the anime when childhood ended?
>>
>>27062292
I can appreciate people playing it, it's nice to see people enjoying pokemon like in 1999. What bothers me is that all these people are only playing it because it's a current fad. Even my brother who stopped playing in about 2000, and who uses Instagram and all that other shit, got the app, and then asked me if I got it, which I didn't. I mean, what the fuck. If you asked these people what their favorite region is, they probably wouldn't even be able to name one.
>>
>>27062393
>it's ok to play a cashgrab just because it's the meme of the moment on fucking facebook

That's why gaming it's dying, you prick.
>>
>>27062292
>>crappy play to win game becomes uber popular

I assume you mean pay. And no, thats definitely not the case.
>>
>>27062452
don't play it then. no one is forcing you.
besides the fucking game is free
>>
>>27062427
Everyone stopped watching the anime. Most of vp doesn't anyway, that's why they've got a containment general.
>>
I didn't abandon ship back in High School when everyone else abandoned it in gen 3 and the cool thing to do was shit on everyone who still played.

Why would I abandon ship now?
>>
Have you seen Nintendo stock?

>tfw I had a feeling and I didn't buy any
>It literally went to the moon

Also, it won't last long, maybe a few weeks to a couple months (if that), and it'll be replaced with something else.

>>27062475
>Containment general
So does TCG, Injection, etc.
>>
>>27062434
Exactly. The problems hare
>instead of being reignited by good games that leave a lasting impression, pokemania gets reignited by a crappy pay to win app, so it's almost sure that it will be over in a month top when the world will move on to the next meme
>everyone is a super pokemon fan now, but if you try to explain that there 24 fucking main line games and more 700 mons you're a loser geek anyway

That's not 2000 pokemania. That's just the world big new meme, it's going to leave no impact on pokemon popularity as a whole (rather when the craze ends the franchise could actually be weaker), but in the meanwhile Nintendo and partners think that we want casual cashgrab instead of real games. Pokemon GO popularity is literally the worst thing that could have ever happened to the franchise.
>>
File: 1463475034237.jpg (239KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1463475034237.jpg
239KB, 960x1280px
Let the normies have their fun, when the newest angry birds comes out, they'll abandon this app and revert back to their "Pokemon is running out of ideas" jargon, and in the meantime, more Pokemon will get added for the actual fans to catch.

This app is fun, I like having a reason to run to the store at 4:30 AM because of a Clefairy, I'm not gonna let normies ruin this for me too.
>>
>>27062560
you guys remind me of the morons who thought trump would never win the primary. lots of baseless assumptions about how things will do a 180 in no time.
>>
File: 1459873368184.png (68KB, 191x196px)
1459873368184.png
68KB, 191x196px
>>27062292
>The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
>>
>>27062592
>Pokemon is running out of ideas
That gets said on /vp/ all the time

>muh megas
>muh synchros
>>
>>27062597
Are you literally just paid to shove Trump name in threads without any meaning? You could have said I like onion soup and you would have brought the same kind of contribution to the thread. Plus:
>le epic the failed businessman is going to save america meme

dear lord , this is another brexit, isn't it?
>>
>>27062655
what does onion soup have to do with predicting a downtrend in contemporary cultural phenomena and living in a world of hypotheticals?
>>
>>27062655
>failed businessman
While it isn't relevant to the thread, he's anything but failed. And he's much better than the other alternative (Hillary).

Time will only tell if GO hype will last for a month or more. They'll probably release gen II mons soon and be cautious in releasing Hoenn mons as most dont like them.

>>27062703
He's likely a redditor.
>>
File: Mewtoo slow.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtoo slow.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>27062643
Eh, at least the people who say it here actually feel that way. Most normies see some shitty "When I was a kid, Pokemon weren't based off of ____" on Facebook and use that as an argument against the 500+ Pokemon that were added since they last picked up a handheld that wasn't a smartphone. I believe people keep spouting that shit because they don't know anything about Pokemon, but keep seeing and hearing about it, so they throw out a useless opinion for the sole purpose of being apart of the conversation.
>>
>>27062739
why is it so hard to accept that the designs really have gone down hill? happened with star wars. happens with most things as the years wear on.
>>
>>27062292
See you in a week, retard.
>>
>>27062739
Thing is /vp/ (and due to an extension, as we get a lot of /v/edditors here as well) are very contrarian about things.

Megas were fine, and synchros are fine. Does that mean every pokemon should get a mega? No, as some deserved an alternate evo instead. Does that mean that megas are a bad concept? No, they're fine if they're properly used, as long as other mons aren't left behind in the powercreep.

>>27062798
Not every design will be great, and this is true in previous gens as well. Gen VI had tons of great mons, both competitive and desgin wise. People tend to have a case of either nostalgia goggles (Gen I/II are the best!) or the opposite where they claim that people only care about Gen I even though they haven't played in years.
>>
>play to win
you tried to shitpost but you were right unintentionally
>>
>>27062798
Every gen has bad designs faggot
But fucking genwuners, normalfags and redditor keep focusing on that 1 ultra shitty mon to base their retarded argument
>>
File: 1459466027599.png (440KB, 602x337px)
1459466027599.png
440KB, 602x337px
>>27062798
Because Gen V happened.
>>
>>27062861
I agree that all gens have good and shitty designs, the question is whether the ratio of shitty designs to good designs has increased.
>>
>>27062879
pic not related?
>>
>>27062739
>4 out of 5 of those are Gen 1 Pokemon

I always forget how there's so much Kanto in smash and almost nothing else.
>>
>>27062292
Hipster.
>>
>>27062879
emboar is literally the only good design in gen v, the rest are mr. mime-tier
>>
>>27062292
What do you want, the game to give you a handjob for being a good goy and buying every Pokemon game indiscriminately? Your choice in consumer goods does not make you special.
>>
>>27062719
>literally inherited his money
>not a single one of his venture has ever been successful
>runs scams
>said the house market was healthy in 2006
>keeps lying about how much money he has because he's not as rich as he wants the stupid to think
>literally says something and then backtracks 2 seconds later
>contrarian against everything just to ride the big fucking no-against-god-knows-what wave

Yeah you're right anon, he surely better than an experienced politician that has already served multiple times. Because, you know, politic isn't about brain and expertise, is about who's got the bigger penis and shoves it on the table to show it to everyone.
>>
>>27062908
If you focus on finding stuff to hate, no wonder you're having less fun than when you were a kid.
>>
File: angry pepe.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
angry pepe.png
361KB, 858x725px
NORMIES, GET THE FUCK OUT!

YOU TOLD ME POKEMON WAS FOR RETARDED TEN YEAR OLD LOSERS!

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY ANY GAME IN THIS SERIES!
>>
>>27062965
You are joking right? Gen V is the gen with the most consistently good design after I and (maybe) II, Emboar and the minor legendaries are the only terrible designs.
>>
>>27062703
>downtrend in contemporary cultural phenomena and living in a world of hypotheticals

Oh I, see you've never studied history or philosophy in your life anon. That's good. Don't be ashamed. You're probably american, so it's not your fault.
>>
>>27062983
who said anything about focusing on hate? I just think the designs have gone hill. just because I don't jack off to every aspect of the new games and swallow them without discernment doesn't mean I'm trying to find things to shit on.
>STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE
>>
>>27062982
>not accurate
>not true
>not true
Source?
>not true
This is true to a limited extent but it's not a big deal with him as with others.
He's been saying the same shit for almost 30 years.

Trump is vastly superior to Clinton.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4609395/special-access-programs-involved
>>
>>27063042
>pokemon designes
>gone downhill

So let me set this straight anon, we went from soulless blobs, generic kaijuu and whatnot to actually taught design with a personality and that's going downhill how, precisely?
>>
File: 1456815350341.png (184KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
1456815350341.png
184KB, 660x660px
>>27062936
Pic extremely related.
>>
>>27063014
serious as a heart attack.

turtle guy is ok (both)
evolved vulture also passes
other than that, just emboar

the rest are
1) pikachu knockoffs
2) variations of other existing pokemon (bats, bulls, flower ladies, pigeons, etc
3) ice cream cones
4) literal trash
5) actual sprite edits
6) collection of zig zags and do-dads
>>
>>27063078
>He's got old family money
>Trump Vodka, Trump Hotels, Trump Stakes, Trump Magazine
>Literally Trump U
>There's literally a video of him saying "this is a great time for house ventures, the house market is healthy"
>Refuses to says how money he's got precisely because there aren't any money left, the biggest estimates of Trump money go as far as 4 billion, no more
>Literally says a thing then the contrary 2 second later
>There's video of him having completely different political stances when he wanted to be president in 2000

Have you been brainwashed? Those are not opinions, they're fact, he's just a cunt, and you're a double cunt for believing a propaganda based on self promotion and heinous lies.
>>
>>27063209
>>>/pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>>27063156
Jesus, last time I saw this many buzzwords was at my town's local spelling bee
>>
>>27063209
>literally
>literally
>literally
kids these days
>>
>>27063234
zozzled pic m8 :^)
>>
>>27062292
>play to win game
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>27063234
spelling bees generally deal in uncommon words, the opposite of buzzwords

and I don't really see any buzzwords there. you sure you know what "buzzword" means?
>>
>>27062292
>>people that never fapped to a pokemon on vp
lol gtfo you fucking weirdo
ps ive been here since 2009
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 215x215px)
image.jpg
13KB, 215x215px
>>27063272
>>
>been playing since Blue version
>don't give a fuck that these people are bandwagonners, I'm just happy to have something in common to share with them now
>>
>>27063246
That's a great logic response, based on facts and truth, anon.
You should be rewarded with chemical castration and the withdrawal of the right to vote.
>>
>>27063156
>pikachu knockoffs
There's one, like every other gen (III has 2 but that's part of the gimmick)
>variations of other existing pokemon
That's the central point of gen V, to take already existing concepts, mostly from gen I, and take them on in a different way to give them a new twist. The resulting pokedex is very varied and not direct knockoff, because while you can see obvious similar couples all of them have different stats, types and movepools and are based on a different subspecies of the same animal
>ice cream cones
>literal trash
They are decent designs by all means. Not fantastic but mons based on inanimate things aren't new.
>collection of zig zags and do-dads
Point them out.
>>
>>27063381
not the anon you were arguing with, just pointing out that you're a giant faggot with a limited vocabulary
>>
>muh respect
It's a video game lad.
>>
>>27062386
No! I won't lose to them! My gen 3 - 5 mons mean too much!
>>27062393
No. Go sucks.
>>27062434
This.
>>27062452
Yep.
>>27062461
Yes, yes it is.
>>27062470
Not really. Pay to Play. Only the app is free.
>>27062515
Not really. Injection is everywhere, because it's awesome.
>>27062560
This.
>>27062597
Die. Pick up a knife, and kys. Please.
>>27062655
This.
>>27062719
What is (Insert Bernie Sanders)? Idiot.
>>27062798
I don't know, why is it hard to accept that they keep getting better and better?
>>27062857
No.
>>27062879
This.
>>27062965
While Emboar and Serperior are the only good choices for starters, I have to disagree. Most of gen 5 was flawless.
>>27062982
This, all the way.
>>27063014
Yes, but no. Emboar is good. Legendaries? Epic.
>>27063015
>American = stupid
While America sucks, and plenty Americans are stupid, not all are. The majority of northern states are smart enough to vote for anyone BUT Trump, and several southern states are offended by him. It's Brittan you gotta worry about. Brexit was pure stupidity in a can.
>>27063078
No. Like, seriously, on what fucking planet? Are you that stupid?
>>27063098
This.
>>27063156
And you failed. You will never understand art. There are HOW MANY variations of living creatures on earth?
>>27063209
This.
>>27063385
This.
>>
Normies will be bored in a week.
>>
>>27062292
>play to win
yeah sorry it's not ranked by body odour
>>
>>27062292
Pokemon design in gen 7 is already better than anything they gave us in X/Y and they seem to be shifting away from adding retarded megas to everything, I have hope.

I just wish they'd leave megas as a gen 6 mechanic. They flat out broke the game, M-Gengar and M-Kang are just retarded. Blaziken was already stupid without an even better mega. What were they thinking?
>>
I stopped playing at emerald and loosely followed pokemon until X&Y came out and became more serious about it. Pokemon Go has only solidified my returning interest in the franchise.

God bless Nintendo
>>
>>27064646
>You will never understand art.
kek. I make a living as an artist kiddo, try again.
>>
I actually don't care
I'm still excited about sun and moon
And have been here forever

The only thing that made me sad is when I have ran into people and asked if they were excited about the new games and they say they stopped playing since first 1st/2nd gen
Or ss/hg

It's disappointing
>>
>>27062798
Generation 1 had bad designs as well, the flipside of it is the same retards think the first gen is fucking perfect when it's literally the least playable generation of games, every game has been better than RBY.

Genwunners are just massive nostalgiafags with no lasting connection to the series, this is /why/ they think Gen 1 is so good, it's a fucking self-contained echochamber in their own heads.
>>
>>27067381
>Generation 1 had bad designs as well
not debating that
>every game has been better than RBY
not talking about gameplay
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.