[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I skipped over GenV because I didn't have a 3DS at the time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 51IjaK7+g7L.jpg (58KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
51IjaK7+g7L.jpg
58KB, 500x461px
I skipped over GenV because I didn't have a 3DS at the time.

Is it worth picking up? I already have GenShit games.
>>
gen 5 were DS games m8

Also get BW2 and skip BW1
>>
>>27055652
no it's not worth it
>>
>>27055652
>Gen V
>3DS
Anon, you only need a DS
>>
>>27055652
You may want to skip BW if you're not a fan of story, but I still liked it

BW2 is top tier. So much stuff to do
>>
>>27055652
Don't listen to the genwunners, it's a great game. It even has a proper sequel in BW2 that continues the story.
>>
>>27055652
Telling you to skip BW and play the superior BW2 seems silly, but the first game is literally un-replayable.

Enjoy buying a piece of plastic that you will never use ever again.
>>
>>27055702
It literally isn't. You can replay it just fine.

Even then OP, you can just emulate it.
>>
>>27055702
>but the first game is literally un-replayable.
How is it literally unreplayable? Are we talking Capcom-levels of shit?
>>
>>27055682
I like story, and the first game's characters look better and not like... well... douchey americans.
>>
>>27055652
This and the sequel are worth playing, I really didn't like the new designs at first, but they grow on you, and the story is great. The sequel is also great and expands the pokedex beyond Gen V pokemon.
>>
>>27055783
Go for it!

Cheren complains about being taught how to do shit, it's why he's one of my favorites
>>
>>27055652
It's the best gen.
BW are the best games story wise
BW2 are the best games mechanically speaking

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>27055756
Don't know what he's talking about, BW2 is just vastly improved over BW
>>
>>27055756
He's lying to you.
>>
>>27055652
The story is least important aspect of any pokemon game and the BW/BW2 games are fucking packed with it. Fuck your shitty unavoidable cutscenes with unskippable dialogue. I don't give a flying fuck about the morals surrounding keeping pokemon, just let me wander about from city to city whilst fucking gym leaders up REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27055652
>literally cutscene the pokemon game

no its shit
>>
>>27055652
The FIRST REAL fresh adventure after RBY/GSC

Give it a go.
>>
>>27055652
Gen V is by far the worst desu
Not a great losse
>>
>>27056049
>desu

Thanks for identifying yourself
>>
>>27055652
I went back to them after playing Y. I had previously only played a bit of Black. I'd say they're definitely worth playing. I think they're all great games, despite some not-so-stellar Pokemon designs.

But ignore the morons that say not to play BW and jump straight to B2W2. If you care about the story even remotely (and, in some cases, some of the Memory Link stuff), absolutely play BW first, then play one of the sequels (preferably the same colour, because the story continues on and you get the other legendary you didn't get in the first one).

Sure, B2W2 is a big improvement over BW, but BW is still great. I enjoyed the challenge of not being very familiar with the Gen 5 Pokemon and so only encountering them until I beat the league was quite interesting.
>>
Picked up Black and Black 2 recently after skipping the gen. Haven't really made it very far. I'm too casual and lazy, but I really don't like the move to 3D, so it's sort of a last bastion of 2D, with some gimmicky 3D thrown in.

I think it's good though. I'm enjoying it more than I did X&Y/ORAS.
>>
>>27056106
http://archived.moe/g/thread/51108962/

Blame it on the 2ch cuck who took over from moot.

Only found out about this recently myself since I basically stopped listing 4chan after moot left, but finally came crawling back a year later.
>>
>>27056306
the fact that you use t b h and the like is what is identifying, retard
>>
>>27056379
>you

Except that wasn't me. I was posting an explanation because I assumed you didn't know what word filters were. But okay, thanks, be a faggot then.

For the record, I think it's pretty clear from how I type that I would not use such horrible acronyms (if you can even call them that).
>>
>>27055652
Just get it so you can see how shit it is. It's really cheap. The game was fun, but it is the worst game in the core franchise.
>>
>>27056609
>worst game in the core franchise
>what is ORAS
>>
>>27055652
I recommend playing it, if you don't want to buy it you can always emulate it
>>
>>27055652

skip BW and go straight for B2W2

don't listen to the fags who go on about "MUH STORY" the story isn't very good it's just good for a pokemon game which isn't saying much.
>>
File: 1289109348037.png (105KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1289109348037.png
105KB, 400x400px
BW and BW2 have the best campaigns in the entire series: characters have actual stories and develop/mature, the evil team is interesting, etc. It isn't a masterpiece of fiction but if you like playing through stories for Pokemon, these are the ones to play. If you don't like playing through stories, why is this even a question just stick with your Gen 6 postgame.
>>
>>27055783
>first game's characters look better and not like... well... douchey americans
Everyone looks like a douchey american in those games.
>>
>>27061136
Team Galactic was more interesting, if only because of Cyrus. The whole brainwashed cult thing they had going on was also pretty cool and justified their stupidity a little. Plasma wasn't interesting until they became divided in BW2.

The characters have the depth of a puddle with "single issue psychology" and their development is stated as a matter of fact.
>I don't know what it means to be strong let me repeat this over and over... wait it's almost the end of the game? Well now I do know.

It's commendable that they tried to make a good story but it's reprovable that it turned out to be the same crap as always and that they supposedly wasted more effort on that insted of flagship elements like a big explorable region.
>>
BW was crap, but B2W2 did everything right and fixed almost everything from BW
>>
>>27055652
Funny
I got a 3ds because I thought this was a 3ds game. Turned out it was for the ds.
It's one of my favorite games though, check it out if you can.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.