[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im sorry... can we please talk about how awful this design is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: uggo.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
uggo.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Im sorry... can we please talk about how awful this design is? I mean most Pika clones aren't that original, but they're at least passable. This... no.

It's literally Dedenne, moreso than Dedenne is just baby Raichu. It's Dedenne but a perfect sphere. The sphere can't be fur because it has those triangular quills that fold up and down off of the very edge, and since it's a Steel type... that means the entire 'ball' part of it is just a solid, smooth metal ball.

Speaking of those quills... ew. They're just weird triangle flaps that pop up awkwardly. And the tail? It's just... randomly stuck way high up on its hunchback. Yeah, it has a hunchback.

Sure, from the front this thing can be cute because they did the face of a hedgehog pretty accurately and hedgehogs are adorable. But looking at it from literally any other angle, especially in animation, and it's just horrible. And you know it's not even going to evolve. So it's doomed to be yet another shitmon Pika clone. Even if the stats are the best of any of them, it's doomed because it's the only Pika clone with a x4 weakness, and you KNOW based on its design and the fact that it's Steel type it's going to be the slowest of all of them.

So it's going to have shit stats, a x4 weakness, and it has a horrible design. Thankfully they've shown us Salandit, a really good idea with a solid design... unfortunately it's probably going to be a shitmon with terrible stats, likely filling the role of Alola's Heliolisk.
>>
Its basically a fat Pachirisu.
>>
Its basically a fat Pikachu.
>>
File: sonichu.jpg (124KB, 1070x507px) Image search: [Google]
sonichu.jpg
124KB, 1070x507px
YES, yes!
Anything other than more go faggotry.

This rat is just a lazy design and i hope when they make the inevitable plushie for it it flops.

At least emolga was cute.
>>
>>27052329
>>27052378
>Togedemaru is Dedenne
>Dedenne is Raichu

>Togedemaru is Pachirisu

>Emolga is Pachirisu

>Plusle is Minun
>Minun is Plusle
>Plusle and Minun are Pichu

Nigga these are all Pikachu clones for a reason.
>>
>>27052329
I would change two things:
1) make the spikes come out like pyramids, rather than flapping open like some weird cartoon pseudo-hair.
2) remove the tail.
>>
>>27052434
This alone would be enough to make me not have a problem with it. I still wouldn't be a fan, but that's all I need to not actively feel disgusted looking at it.

I think it might even be cute to give it a stubby little tail down where a tail actually should sit, but that... thing makes it look like some fucked up Frankensteined Pikachu slapped together with radio parts because the people designing it are just trying there best to slap together what someone else made much better.
>>
>>27052415
this
OP is a retarded faggot
>>
>>27052329
It's kind of cute I guess, but yeah the design isn't that great. It's an orb with a face and some triangles on its back.
>>
>>27052491
The difference is things like Pachirisu and Emolga were radically different in design. Completely different body shapes, entirely different animals.

Togedemaru is literally just another chubby little rodent that looks beyond similar to Pikachu. Shorten the ears and change the colors, and it IS Pikachu. Even the tail is basically the same.

At least most other Pikachu clones changed things a little bit. This just looks like they smashed a clay model of Pikachu, rolled it into a ball, then stuck the tail back on randomly.
>>
>>27052584
Squirrel, flying squirrel, ehhhh.

Togedemaru is a ball, Dedenne is a potato

Togedemaru is also gray
>>
File: spherical.gif (924KB, 296x163px) Image search: [Google]
spherical.gif
924KB, 296x163px
>>27052329
>>
>>27052329
That thing on its back isn't a tail, it's literally a spike specialized in drawing in lightning, like a lightning rod
>>
>>27052646
Body shape is different, though. Pachirisu's body shape looks nothing like the others. Emolga has the same basic body shape as Pichu but it got wing flaps and patterns at least.

Togedemaru is just a rounder Pikachu, and based on the earlier gen 'Fatchu' that isn't much of a change. Dedenne's body shape is almost literally just Fatchu.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.