[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pokemon go actually good?!? I thought we were hating on it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: ifunny.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ifunny.png
10KB, 400x400px
Is pokemon go actually good?!?

I thought we were hating on it relentlessly for months?
>>
it's shit dude
>>
>>27036963
its still bad
>>
File: 1453940967033.jpg (8KB, 261x214px) Image search: [Google]
1453940967033.jpg
8KB, 261x214px
Anon, I've been wanting this game ever since i first got Pokemon red when i was a kid.

They still need to release it in Canada
>>
>>27036963
Who're you again?
>>
>>27036963

It's okay. Works better if you live in a city.
>>
Why would it be good? It'll never be good unless it has proper trading and battling, which it'll never have.
It'll always just be an OK timewaster.
>>
>>27036963
It's shit, but people will briefly have fun with it anyways, exactly like we were saying.
>>
>>27036995

Fireland flamesman
>>
People will get bored of it in the next week, it really doesn't have any substance
>>
>>27036995
Fireland flashman
>>
It's meh
Everyone is just hopping on PoGo now since there's new game hype. I doubt people will be playing this actively for more than a month, and it'll be good as dead by the time SuMo comes out.
>>
It honestly isn't too bad, but you can't treat it like any pokemon game that has ever existed. It's a good excuse to wander around and explore on foot, maybe to places you've never been before. The game gives you 'poke spot' which are landmarks in the real world, and you walk to them (could be a church, a monument, a mcdonalds, a park, anything significant) and on your way there you can look for pokemon and such. It's very casual, but also very non casual since you literally have to travel to places to play the game
>>
>>27037059
>SuMo
Fuck off reddit.
>>
It's shit, it's just normies and GF apologists eating up Pokemon shit as usual.
>>
>>27037075
Fucking SuMo. It'll never catch on outside of the Reddit fags because of their "think of the kids" mindset.
>>
>>27036995
Flames Heatsman
>>
>>27037059
>PoGo
>SuMo
fuck off
>>
>>27036963
It's not even available for most people anyway, and some people that live where Go's been released have old phones that are incompatible, so I doubt this'll be as well-received as Sun and Moon will be.
>>
I'll care about this concept once technology advances enough that I can see the things actually in front of me instead of on my phone screen.
>>
>>27037168

See, I'm fine with PoGo because there's literally no other way you can abbreviate "Pokemon GO" without it sounding like you're just stringing letters together.

With S&M, there's multiple ways to choose from, and S&M is just better than SuMo. So I pick S&M.
>>
>>27037383
>PGO
>just calling it "GO"
But yeah, PoGo really isn't that bad.
>>
>>27037225
I'm one of those poor fuckers.
99% of phone games nowadays suck anyway, and the older ones work just fine on my phone, so I don't care about upgrading.
Though, tbqh, pokemon go is quite the disappointment. I'd only check it out and leave it after a day. Pff, to think I was once excited about being able to battle people on the bus or something, and having a more massively-played pokemon game, due to the only requirement being something almost everybody has.
>>
>>27037075
>>27037093
>Falling this easily for bait
>Not noticing "PoGo"
>Contribute nothing to the thread
Go back tumblr if you get triggered this easily.
>>
>>27036991
Nigga just download the apk
>>
>>27037093
>outside of the Reddit
You know that we coined the term because people would take the S&M mention as an opportunity to shitpost and post lewd right?
>>
>>27038190
Why would you say S&M? Just say SM like every other generation ever.
>>
It's not good. It's simply a distraction because it's something new. It'll be dead by the time SM releases.
>>
>>27036991
I downloaded the apk and it works fine, just do it my fellow canuck
>>
>>27038296
Because it didn't change anything at the time.
>>
I'm genuinely surprised a thread with an Undertale picture in the OP hasn't devolved into relentless shitposting.
>>
>>27037383
>SuMo
>S&M
Just call it SM like we do with all the other games asshole
>>
>>27038368
>calling someone else an asshole when people have used & longer than you've been born
>>
File: 1457920352731.gif (3MB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1457920352731.gif
3MB, 404x404px
>Walked 3 miles on Wednesday
>Walked 4 miles and biked 1 mile Thursday
>Biked 3 miles this morning and going out again later
>MFW Pokemon is the reason I got in shape
>>
>>27036995
Manheat flamesguy
>>
>>27037075
>>27037168
>Being this easily assblasted
The amount of autism on this board is fucking amazing.
>>
>>27038519
>being this new
>>
>>27038537
>being this much of a tryhard
>>
>>27038553
>greentexting
>tryhare

Wat
>>
File: 1456454437697.png (217KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1456454437697.png
217KB, 680x680px
>servers stop working every fucking time i open the app
>farthest i got was throwing a poke ball at a squirtle
>nothing happens after the ball catches him
>rinse & repeat

Am I the only fucking person who hasn't been able to do jack shit with this app?
>>
File: 1465921653905.jpg (199KB, 554x603px) Image search: [Google]
1465921653905.jpg
199KB, 554x603px
>>27036963
>be me
>see the trailer and hear the news for it several months ago
>everyone I know is on the hype train for this
>several theories and threads pop up on /vp/ for a couple weeks
>completely forgot it was a thing until about 2 days ago when on of my buddies puts a dl link to it up on FB
>"oh shit, that was a thing, I completley forgot"
>friends be like "FUCKING BEST THING EVAR ERMAGUURRRD HOW MORE PEOPLE NOT TALKING ABOOT THIS?!"
>decide to downlaod it and rry it out
>go for my walk after dinner
>hit up about 20 pokespots and caught about 16 different pokemon and got 9 eggs
>try fighting some 'gyms'
>too dumb to figure out this battle system and get curb stomped by a Rhyhorn and Raticate
>realize this game is draining the fuck out of my phone
>game constantly freezes and is buggier than Sonic 06
>next morning
>start it up
>severs are down
>check back 6hrs later
>still down
>uninstall game and go back to my same old life
I'm not gonna shit on this game, it's fine for a free phone game. But it really isn't worth the time to play anymore.
>>
It's cancer, just like all mobile shit. If it didn't have a coat of Pokemon paint over it everyone would call it out for the shit it is. It's the normie fad right now, they'll move on to the next thing in a week or two.
>>
>>27036963
>we
maybe stop doing what everyone else is doing and come up with your own fucking opinions, you spineless shit.
>>
>>27038367
The people who are shilling go are over at another thread calling everyone who dislikes the game a fat neckbeard and talking about how they have higher IQ's.
>>
>>27040055
>uninstalls because servers are down
>the second day it's available
What a fucking retard.
>>
>>27041608
>playing a pokemon game that only lets you catch pokemon with a shit almost non-existant battle system
Go back to facebook or reddit son, clearly you don't actually like pokemon
>>
File: 1467806532293.jpg (66KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1467806532293.jpg
66KB, 500x357px
All these 'hardcore' autists crying 'STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE' is pretty funny. I'm glad the game came out just to watch these tards complain
>>
>>27043330

I know. Any true fan would realize that, no matter how you play it, as long as you're having fun, it's cool. Pokemon was originally split into two versions to encourage people to interact with each other and play together, and people are intentionally isolating themselves.

>tl;dr: if you like any of the generations, side games, or Go, you're a true Pokemon fan, anyone who says otherwise is wrong
>>
File: 375.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
375.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
>>27044544
>true Pokemon fan
>only plays go
go tell that to the guy that is fapping to the pokedex in numerical order or the guys who have spent the last twenty years collecting every pokemon card
>>
>>27044697
>no true scotsman fallacy
>>
>>27044752
No its not

People who have been with this franchise from the start should feel insulted that the fags that jumped onto the go train think they're in the same league.

Enjoy your shiny new game until Temple Run 3 is released, the actual fans will be on this board fapping it to the very pokemon or shitposting about how generation "z" was trash long after you and your buddies are gone.
>>
>>27044996
>still going with the no true scotsman fallacy
>>
>>27038519
>>27038553
>being this easily butthurt that no one uses your stupid SuMo/PoGo phrases
>>
>>27044996
>being elitist about being a pokemon fan
lol
>>
>>27036963
No

https://wakeandgame.com/pokemon-go-fk-welcome-microtransaction-hell/
>>
>>27045018
The no true scotsman fallacy is only valid if i said "no true pokemon fan plays go", which i know is false.

What i'm saying is actual pokemon fans didn't just jump onto the flavor of the week and have been playing the mainline games, collecting cards, worshiping their waifu / pokewaifu, drawing / writing, hell we even have people here who made dedicated minecraft servers and fan games.

Yes, turns out you can indeed measure how big of a pokefag you are. We call it autism on this board.
>>
>>27045134
Just rubbing it in the faces of people who said it was lame a few years back :^)
>>
How good the game is is directly proportional to how much you're okay with leaving the house.

So naturally, everyone on here will hate it.
>>
File: 1467824596367.png (241KB, 349x499px) Image search: [Google]
1467824596367.png
241KB, 349x499px
>>27045254
>The no true scotsman fallacy is only valid if i said "no true pokemon fan plays go", which i know is false.
That's not what the fallacy is.

Also
>What i'm saying is actual pokemon fans didn't just jump onto the flavor of the week
>>
>>27036963
I'll provide a few reasons to why it is rather mediocre.

>The game drains your phones battery really fast.
>Servers have almost constantly been down barely letting you play long enough to enjoy it.
>Expensive microtransactions.
>Inability to battle or trade with other players, however they have said this will be added later.
>Inability to actually battle wild Pokemon.
>Having to catch multiple of the same Pokemon to evolve them (you have to catch 40 Magikarp to get a Gyarados for instance).
>If you live in the middle of nowhere or in a place with very little landmarks you will be unable to enjoy the game.
>>
>>27037346
Pretty sure you'd be dead by the time that idea becomes a reality.
>>
>>27045338
>Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
>Person B: "But my uncle Angus likes sugar with his porridge."
>Person A: "Ah yes, but no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

Its okay chad, just say you like gardevoir and want to fug it and you'll fit right in
>>
>>27045428
>same as every mobage game
>implying that isn't related to the fact that everyone and their mother is downloading the game where it isn't released yet
>that are completely ignorable
>added later as you said
>Point 1
>Not knowing that you get 3 candies every catch
>> Not knowing that sending them to the professor nets you an additional candy meaning you get 4 candies for each pokemon meaning you only need to catch 11 Magikarp to get a gyarados
>not knowing that Pokemon Spawn anywhere
>>
>hating people who don't like to battle
I know this is the "hardcore" board and all, but there are plenty of pokemon games that don't exactly follow the standard format

even though the game is relatively shallow, it has brought on a lot of interesting social interactions

>go to random pokestop
>throw down an lure module
>watch every pokemon go player in a 2 mile radius walk up and catch shit
>have conversations about random shit, trade phone numbers
>>
>>27045558
>I know this is the "hardcore" board and all
Please, any "hardcore" players left here years ago. Right now all we have are the tryhards that think they know about the game.
>>
It's a good mobile game but it's a shit pokemon game.
>>
the game is basically the pokemon anime experience:

- collect pokemon by walking around and traveling to nearby areas
- meet strangers
- challenge gyms
- little emphasis on the details of battle

from the stories I've read and from what I've experienced, its actually pretty fun/unique from a social level and pokemon is probably the only franchise to be able to pull it off
>>
>>27044697
>>27044996
>>27045254

Loving the butthurt. Again, I'll say it: It doesn't matter how a person likes Pokemon, what got them into it, or how long they've liked it. All Pokemon fans are true fans, anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

>b-b-but I've been with the series longer! I can name them all! I've caught them all!

Don't care. Doesn't make you a better fan than the guy who just got into it this week. It only means you've been with it longer. And if you're not willing to accept the new people with open arms and help open them up to something they just started to like, you're not a true Pokemon fan, you're actually going against the series by trying to drive people out.
>>
File: scrafty toxicorak.png (254KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
scrafty toxicorak.png
254KB, 500x419px
>>27045869
>b-b-but I've been with the series longer! I can name them all! I've caught them all!

So you're saying you haven't caught them all then?
>>
We should be playing Ingress instead
>>
>>27045869
this

pokemon to me is more about the social interaction than stat obsessing and so far it has been awesome to see the sheer number of people who are getting into it
>>
>>27046076
Ingress is shit though.
>>
>>27046177
It's not. It's a deeper game than Go by a large margin.
>>
>>27045917

I've been with it since Red and Blue. I can name them all on sight. And I have a living dex.

Sorry, but I'm in for the long haul, you can't get me on that.
>>
>>27046186
That doesn't mean it's not shit anon.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.